Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Leathermans are so damned bulky. Gerber Crucial supremacy.

IATSE bro knows what's up. 1-handed pliers for when you're stuck on top of a ladder. (Local 8 here :respek: )

e: Tax

ChristsDickWorship fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Google Butt posted:

Is this an aide tweet?

https://twitter.com/aidetweetbot/status/925932054675562497

Nope.

Here's the methodology that bot uses to grade the tweets. The basic rule of thumb is:

1) Does it have pictures or videos in it? Does it use hashtags at all? Is it more celebratory or just kinda ho-hum for Trump? Probably an aide tweet.
2) Is it angry? Is it using ALL CAPS? Does it seem to bear his trademark broken grammar? Is it launching personal attacks? Probably ol' Donnie himself.

EDIT: Huh, just looked, looks like that stats guy did a followup on Trump's Tweeting Patterns in August. Neat.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 2, 2017

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

HappyHippo posted:

Reminder that there's an unhinged lunatic in the White House https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/925931294705545216

This is an impressively stupid thing to do even for Trumpy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't think I understand Twitter. What the gently caress is this stupid poo poo and why is it promoted when you click the president's post?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
First question for jurors: have you ever read a Donald Trump tweet?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I don't think I understand Twitter. What the gently caress is this stupid poo poo and why is it promoted when you click the president's post?

Jacob Wohl is just some useless prick that constantly responds to Trump's tweets in the vain hope he'll get a pardon for his fraud conviction by having Trump notice him

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Welcome to the wonderful world of Russian bot accounts. Although that guy is verified so I guess he's just a flesh-and-blood alt-reich stooge?

I recommend The Disinformation Age podcast on the subject. It's both fascinating in how the botnets are crafted and managed, and horrifying that this poo poo is having significant real-world impacts.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Russian bot accounts. Although that guy is verified so I guess he's just a flesh-and-blood alt-reich stooge?

I recommend The Disinformation Age podcast on the subject. It's both fascinating in how the botnets are crafted and managed, and horrifying that this poo poo is having significant real-world impacts.

that dude is deep throating trump every chance he gets trying to get a pardon for fraud lol

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

scuz posted:

Being able to vote for him is so very satisfying.

:respek:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Revolution will be live-tweeted, brought to you by Leatherman.

Leatherman: The multi-tool you really want, but never seem to use.

I use my 2005 Micra all the drat time. Best twenty-ish bucks I ever spent.

Oh did you mean the big ones? lol

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Watch Trump institute secular indulgences

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

sit on my Facebook posted:

This is an impressively stupid thing to do even for Trumpy

The more I think about this, it's like, immaculate stupidity. This will be used in law school text books as a quintessential example of ways a persons civil liberties can be denied.

It's got everything. Unrepentant mass murderer, Trump tweet, inevitable days of very heated, televised argument that will ensue during which many, many people will join in publicly calling for his death in what I'm sure will be increasingly gruesome ways... There's zero chance this guy will ever be able to get a fair trial, wherein he only would have reveled in his guilt anyway! Incredible. What's gonna happen to this fucker? Guantanamo?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

sit on my Facebook posted:

What's gonna happen to this fucker?

According to Trump? Nobody knows

Reality: Supermax

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
He's winning!

-said the desperate trumpaffestalf

No, but really, I think he is actually getting a ton of good press off this and effectively buried the Russia news for the week. He's not winning, but this is helping him a lot.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
:gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Zoro posted:

He's winning!

No, but really, I think he is actually getting a ton of good press off this and effectively buried the Russia news for the week. He's not winning, but this is helping him a lot.

Yeah, that hasn't been happening. The dumbass called the justice system a laughing stock and ShuckS can't give a straight answer on the Civil War for two straight press conferences now. CNN was back to talking about Russia this evening.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zoro posted:

He's winning!

Zoro posted:

By tomorrow, the only talks will be the Russia Investigation.

lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

what's up with the loving idiots who post here lol

including me

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

including me

We're a product of our nation, whether we like it or not.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Does anyone know if the stuff Manafort is charged with would typically get caught in an IRS audit?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chard posted:

love 2 have pres call 4 death

He's "strong".

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Oh, Bannon is telling damaging stories about a Jew close to Trump that isn't substantiated by anyone else, and doesn't really fit Trump's MO? Must be a day that ends in Y.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you know what's funnier is that nunberg guy. he was fired back in august 2015 cause of facebook posts like this

thats some nice reporting vanity fair

Kale
May 14, 2010

When discussing possible travel bans the only thing I think they might at least want to look into is Uzbekistan just in general and in all fairness. If nothing else I'd definitely tighten up the rules on that one country but watch Trump go ahead and massively overreach and turn this into a religious based crusade as opposed to a state checks state sort of thing by banning the whole middle east but not checking Uzbekistan because it's a former soviet satellite state.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

including me

You'll pry my posts from my cold, dead finger tips.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It's loving insane to me how we've gone from Internet Bullshit being more or less contained to the Internet and nobody except the nerds on the Internet took it seriously, to now where we have every loving rube with a 99¢ smartphone suddenly getting super-pissed about the same Internet Bullshit nobody cared about a decade ago. Of course this kind of thing was bound to happen, the Internet's culture of stupid bullshit was never prepared for this level of participation.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

kartikeya posted:

Yeah, that hasn't been happening. The dumbass called the justice system a laughing stock and ShuckS can't give a straight answer on the Civil War for two straight press conferences now. CNN was back to talking about Russia this evening.

With SHucks giving her own lies and being unable to keep up with all the stories, it is almost like some kind of hosed up improv theater. It'd actually be a great senior piece for a drama major, if it wasn't our actually terrifying reality. I'm just glad that in less than a year we are all so over giving Trump the benefit of the doubt though, that the media is pushing back.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Isn't that how they got the Bush tax cuts passed? They were all temporary and Obama only kept the ones for people making under 250k?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Zas posted:

you know what's funnier is that nunberg guy. he was fired back in august 2015 cause of facebook posts like this

thats some nice reporting vanity fair

Nice?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kale posted:

When discussing possible travel bans the only thing I think they might at least want to look into is Uzbekistan just in general and in all fairness. If nothing else I'd definitely tighten up the rules on that one country but watch Trump go ahead and massively overreach and turn this into a religious based crusade as opposed to a state checks state sort of thing by banning the whole middle east but not checking Uzbekistan because it's a former soviet satellite state.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/255784560904773633

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

TremorX posted:

It's loving insane to me how we've gone from Internet Bullshit being more or less contained to the Internet and nobody except the nerds on the Internet took it seriously, to now where we have every loving rube with a 99¢ smartphone suddenly getting super-pissed about the same Internet Bullshit nobody cared about a decade ago. Of course this kind of thing was bound to happen, the Internet's culture of stupid bullshit was never prepared for this level of participation.

This is definitely true. Another thing that's going on is that you've got folks who are quite in tune with understanding and distributing Internet media, interacting with people that only recently figured out how to post to Facebook. The latter population is really vulnerable to misinformation, and they'll continue being so until they gain more experience with how to operate in an environment that is often intentionally deceptive. On top of that, you've got a lot of media companies that are suddenly coming to grips with the importance of community moderation, and the drawbacks of simply publishing anything that an anonymous user wants to post.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 2, 2017

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kaal posted:

This is definitely true. Another thing that's going on is that you've got folks who are quite in tune with understanding and distributing Internet media, interacting with people that only recently figured out how to post to Facebook. The latter population is really vulnerable to misinformation, and they'll continue being so until they gain more experience with how to operate in an environment that is often intentionally deceptive.

1997: The Internet Makes You Stupid

2017: The Internet Makes Everyone Stupid

EDIT: gently caress, 1999, whatever.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Republicans posted:

Isn't that how they got the Bush tax cuts passed? They were all temporary and Obama only kept the ones for people making under 250k?

Correct. The mainstream media was quick to point out the GOP's hypocrisy of ballooning our debt and then turning and using it as an excuse for inaction as soon as they were out of power lolnothingmatters.

The big money R donors were pretty upset that Obama discriminated against them like that (and didn't see any electoral punishment), and they were told that the GOP was going to make sure these were permanent. But they hosed up Healthcare in the worst ways, the VAT/BAT would piss off major constituencies, they lose too many blue state 'R' congresscritters if they attack SALT deductions, and it's a bit naked to hamstring the 401(k) to fund permanent tax cuts for the rich.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

meant sarcastically, as in, their named sources are banon, stone and that guy

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Zoro posted:

He's winning!

zoro everything you say is dumber than the last thing you said

Caros
May 14, 2008

Zas posted:

meant sarcastically, as in, their named sources are banon, stone and that guy

I meant "He will tell him his daughter is N---"

Clearly he meant nice. Obviously.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!

There's a mirror universe where @dril is president and @realDonaldTrump is a beloved oddball twitter account.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Trump is stopping off in Honolulu on Friday. Any advice for how I can get close enough to him for him to view both of my extended middle fingers?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

theflyingorc posted:

zoro everything you say is dumber than the last thing you said

It's the world we live in. When besat on all sides by complete and utter nonsense, it's hard to retain clarity at all times.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

There's a mirror universe where @dril is president and @realDonaldTrump is a beloved oddball twitter account.

Trump's bizarre social media tirades were more amusing when they didn't amount to policy declarations from the White House.

It's been several months and I'm still trying to grapple with the reality that Donald loving Trump is sitting in the White House and rattling off regressive policies for other people to try to figure out and implement.

Donald.

Everloving.

Trump.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shady Amish Terror posted:

It's the world we live in. When besat on all sides by complete and utter nonsense, it's hard to retain clarity at all times.

Trump's bizarre social media tirades were more amusing when they didn't amount to policy declarations from the White House.

It's been several months and I'm still trying to grapple with the reality that Donald loving Trump is sitting in the White House and rattling off regressive policies for other people to try to figure out and implement.

Donald.

Everloving.

Trump.

I think somebody needs to show Trump Little Orphan Annie or something this Christmas. He needs his Daddy Warbucks moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Kaal posted:

This is definitely true. Another thing that's going on is that you've got folks who are quite in tune with understanding and distributing Internet media, interacting with people that only recently figured out how to post to Facebook. The latter population is really vulnerable to misinformation, and they'll continue being so until they gain more experience with how to operate in an environment that is often intentionally deceptive. On top of that, you've got a lot of media companies that are suddenly coming to grips with the importance of community moderation, and the drawbacks of simply publishing anything that an anonymous user wants to post.

It's hard to imagine now, but I do remember the time when I was like 10-11, the internet was magical, and I had no concept of things like satire occurring on something as magical as the internet. Then I would post links from Onion articles on some game forum off topic thread trying to back up some stupid rear end argument I made and get laughed out of the thread and a good dose of reality.

"Hey, people are colossal lying assholes and are just as crafty and deceptive on the internet as they are in real life. Well gently caress. At least I can have some fun being a deceptive piece of poo poo too!"

It's pretty loving easy to trick the average, minimally exposed to the horrors of the internet person just looking at poo poo on their phone that what they are reading is from a 'credible source' just based on the website or mobile site UI alone. If it looks clean, it's gotta be legit!!! Right? With the new generation of kiddos coming of age, I'm not even sure if that even matters anymore. Is a poo poo site layout with ads all over the place and links to other poo poo sites nowadays such a red herring to them as it was for us who had to endure the geocities and AOL webpage era?

• Locked thread