Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

That's awesome. My Halloween sucked this year. Rained all night so I didn't get a chance to take my 2 year old out for his first real trick or treating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Can't believe Howard did a 2 hour Kelly Clarkson interview and didn't mention Eric The Midget or High Pitch once. :(

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Moniker posted:

Can't believe Howard did a 2 hour Kelly Clarkson interview and didn't mention Eric The Midget or High Pitch once. :(

Really? I just saw that she was in studio and was wondering how much he could get away with since it would be service for the fans of the show rather than standard interview stuff. That sucks.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The show has evolved.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
That's seriously unforgivable

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Moniker posted:

Who's High Pitch?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Moniker posted:

That's kinda hosed up.

Part of me wonders if he even remembers that bit, or how she's the reason Eric first called.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Did he do that analysis thing he's been doing lately?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

That's seriously unforgivable

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Ralph is usually an idiot but he's right about Stranger Things 2 :colbert:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

What did he say?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Former Human posted:

Elaborate

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

"If you had another brain, you'd be lonely" loving kills me every time

Hank VS Beet.

If they put your brain into a parakeet, it would fly backwards.

Yeah? I gotta thousanddolla parrot. Whatchoo think about that?

WHAT DO YOU HAVE SEX WITH IT?

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 2, 2017

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
On a lark, I went to the Sirius website to look into subscribing and it's letting me is letting me steam on my desktop but not my phone. Is there a free promo or something? I'm not signed up or anything. If there's a free promo, shouldn't it work on my phone?

Just wondering.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's kinda hosed up.

Part of me wonders if he even remembers that bit, or how she's the reason Eric first called.

He definitely remembers it. They played the prank call not long ago. Within the last month or so. I understand fans remembering one thing and Howard forgetting it since he's experienced so much but that was a huge part of the show for years. There's no way he could forget that.

EngineerJoe posted:

Did he do that analysis thing he's been doing lately?

That's all the interview was. "Here is this song. Do you remember it?" "How about this one?"

BiggerBoat posted:

On a lark, I went to the Sirius website to look into subscribing and it's letting me is letting me steam on my desktop but not my phone. Is there a free promo or something? I'm not signed up or anything. If there's a free promo, shouldn't it work on my phone?

Just wondering.

Go here and choose the option on the right. It's free thirty days. When you're done with it, create a new email address and then do it again. I've been doing it for years. Every now and then the sign up breaks and it doesn't work but they always fix it. I've tweeted them to tell them it's broken and they actually registered me for the trial through Twitter.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Moniker posted:

Go here and choose the option on the right. It's free thirty days. When you're done with it, create a new email address and then do it again. I've been doing it for years. Every now and then the sign up breaks and it doesn't work but they always fix it. I've tweeted them to tell them it's broken and they actually registered me for the trial through Twitter.

I'm aware of the free trial thing but my desktop is just letting me stream it without entering email or anything at all. I just click "listen now" and boom. Phone is asking me to enter info though.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Put a fake home address or you will get subscription mail for the rest of your life

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Furthermore, gently caress Howard for not mentioning the Mueller indictments until Robin finally brought it up on the news. He can't claim that the story is uninteresting or unfunny; he used to love diving into big news stories head on, and now he just dodges them for as long as he possibly can.

In this political environment, he might as well be Fox News.
And speaking of which, I kinda wish we still had Scott Einziger around to rage about the investigation.

EDIT: I stand corrected, Howard didn't mention it AT ALL. Robin brings it up with 1.5 minutes left in the show, Howard says nothing, then cracks a lame joke about the PREVIOUS story. Maybe he is starting to feel guilty about his role in creating Trump?

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 2, 2017

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

Put a fake home address or you will get subscription mail for the rest of your life

I've moved several times in the last decade and Sirius always finds me. Same for a local insurance branch I've never done business with.

The IRS and Social Security can't seem to figure out when I move, though.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

JB50 posted:

What did he say?

I don't know the exact words, but essentially Ralph said it's not nearly as good as the first season, it's kind of boring, disappointing, etc. Robin more or less agreed, and Gary said the same thing on the wrap up show.

But Howard is all in, like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, or stray cats and chimneys. Then it leads to Howard doing his annoying new Hollywood agent character who sounds like Jimmy the Greek for some reason.

Of course Howard also enjoys hot garbage like Bachelor in Paradise so his standards have always been suspect.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Former Human posted:

his standards have always been suspect.

He cant concentrate on anything for more then 30 minutes and forgets everything he watches.
I was re-listening to one show where Artie is trying to explain to him who Carlo was...and Howard acted like Artie made him up..when in reality he was a pretty important character in the last season

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

How the gently caress does Howard find time to watch all of the TV that he does?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Sand Monster posted:

How the gently caress does Howard find time to watch all of the TV that he does?

He's filthy rich and has all his needs taken care of. His kids are adults and his wife gives him a lot of space. He only works 3 days a week. For all intense and purposes, he's semi-retired.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

He's filthy rich and has all his needs taken care of. His kids are adults and his wife gives him a lot of space. He only works 3 days a week. For all intense and purposes, he's semi-retired.

Yeah, I get that, but it just seems like he's watching hours and hours per day. He made fun of Jon Hein for watching 3 hours per day but Howard seems like he's got to be above that.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm aware of the free trial thing but my desktop is just letting me stream it without entering email or anything at all. I just click "listen now" and boom. Phone is asking me to enter info though.

I misunderstood your post. My bad!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

gently caress both Howard and Robin for mocking Paternity Leave. A month is entirely reasonable, and that's one of those times where you REALLY need some support from your boss.

"call me old fashioned, but..."

I'll call you loving a barbaric rear end in a top hat, Howard. So much for being so "evolved". :rolleyes:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd. "The best thing you can do for your wife and kid is bring home a paycheck."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

All the money he'll ever need, grown kids, works 3 days/week and usually only 3 out of every four weeks. He doesn't do a lot of talk shows and promos and poo poo. Apparentyl he doesn't go out much. Works off hours.

He's got time out running out of his rear end treeks.

Moniker posted:

I misunderstood your post. My bad!

No prob. I just thought it was weird. Not complaining. I go to Sirius on my laptop or desktop at work and click "listen now" and I can access anything; Raw Dog, Stern...everything. Not on my phone though.

Wondering why is all or if anyone else has tried it. I haven't entered any information at all anywhere and can stream whatever I want except on my phone.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/JackieMartling/status/926215948608135168

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Lifespan posted:

Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd. "The best thing you can do for your wife and kid is bring home a paycheck."

His entire being as a man, especially when he was freshly married and with young kids, was to bring home the money. He was raised in a super traditional household that was incredibly representative of the time. He didn't hate that Alison worked (initially, before he really broke out) but he saw his job as provider like his father and his father before him.

I don't think the sentiment is crazy for a man his age, it's just one of those things some people can't come around on.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

gently caress both Howard and Robin for mocking Paternity Leave. A month is entirely reasonable, and that's one of those times where you REALLY need some support from your boss.

"call me old fashioned, but..."

I'll call you loving a barbaric rear end in a top hat, Howard. So much for being so "evolved". :rolleyes:

Yeah, really. Money only does so much; a new mother, especially one who might be at risk of post partum depression, needs physical help with stuff.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I was re-listening to one show where Artie is trying to explain to him who Carlo was...and Howard acted like Artie made him up..when in reality he was a pretty important character in the last season

I'm with Howard/everyone but Artie on that one. I rewatched The Sopranos years after it had finished and I was looking out for Carlo. He's barely in the show.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, really. Money only does so much; a new mother, especially one who might be at risk of post partum depression, needs physical help with stuff.

Even if she doesn't need help, you should still just be there. Not only for her, but for the child, and for you. You'll most likely never have a month of being with your family for a very long time. Take it and be with them.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Moniker posted:

Even if she doesn't need help, you should still just be there. Not only for her, but for the child, and for you. You'll most likely never have a month of being with your family for a very long time. Take it and be with them.

Absolutely agreed. I had 6 weeks for each of my sons, and even though my younger son cried nearly constantly during that time, still wouldn't trade it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Howard and Artie probably have the same "throw money at the problem" mentality but Artie is waaaay worse. For Artie, money is basically a substitution for basic social interaction.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

haljordan posted:

Howard and Artie probably have the same "throw money at the problem" mentality but Artie is waaaay worse. For Artie, money is basically a substitution for basic social interaction.

I think you can trace all of Artie's generosity directly to his dad. When people come up to him in need he wants to help because he wasn't able to help his dad.

Howard is a product of an older generation (and lots of sponsors, Howard didn't hand out his own money to anyone that wasn't family), Artie's is if not entirely then largely based on his dad. I'm not going to harp on Artie because at the end of the day he loaned a lot of people a lot of money they needed but he definitely seems to do it as much as an act of repentance as one of kindness.

It really can't be understated how much his dad dying, and in the fashion he did, messed with Artie. Like, I get it and he's an adult and yada yada but if I lost a parent when I was his age I have no idea what I'd be like now.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 3, 2017

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

haljordan posted:

"Date number 1, lets say I'm in a bad way and we have to go to your cousins wedding. Would you be cool if I just didn't go but we sent them some money? I mean you could go but I wouldn't."

loving artie man

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm with Howard/everyone but Artie on that one. I rewatched The Sopranos years after it had finished and I was looking out for Carlo. He's barely in the show.

Granted, he doesnt really get much on screen time until season 6....but he is pretty much in every episode of season 6. I mean one of Toney's last meaningful lines in the whole series is "Its Carlo, he is going to testify"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

A super underrated saga: when Howard leaves Gary's dinner party early.

Howard was so unbelievably wrong for this and everyone except Benji (of course) rake him over the coals for it for days. Howard tries everything he can to deflect, switch topics, etc. but to no avail. One of the very rare times he's not only wrong but unquestionably wrong and has no actual defense for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Crotch Bat posted:

A super underrated saga: when Howard leaves Gary's dinner party early.

Howard was so unbelievably wrong for this and everyone except Benji (of course) rake him over the coals for it for days. Howard tries everything he can to deflect, switch topics, etc. but to no avail. One of the very rare times he's not only wrong but unquestionably wrong and has no actual defense for it.

lol that whole thing is hilarious. Gary had some string group in the back yard playing music and Howard shuts the backdoor when he gets there "because it was cold".

God they really poo poo on Gary's personal life. When his dad died, Beth "fell down the steps and hurt her ankle" and then they held up the ceremony because Artie was out buying drugs and was late.