Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

D.N. Nation posted:

I can't even rear end myself to get mad at these bullshit cartoons anymore. We get it, you hate Muslims, you want to ban Muslims, you want to force Muslims to convert to whatever evangelical megachurch you go to. White guy shooter, draw a city with a tear, Muslim shooter, ban all Muslims. Seen it before.

It really has reached the point of being completely absurd. I predict that in a year or two at least one of the thread regulars is going to draw a "Hitler wasn't all bad" cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Yes, Ted Rall has found a way to make the current sexual harassment scandals all about him. "Being harassed and forced to sign a NDA is bad, just like when I was laid off! Did I ever tell you about that?"

I think you'll find that Ted Rall is a hero to all women because he showered in the same dorm bathroom as them once in college.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It really has reached the point of being completely absurd. I predict that in a year or two at least one of the thread regulars is going to draw a "Hitler wasn't all bad" cartoon.

You mean Garrison hasn't already done that?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

bunnyofdoom posted:

You mean Garrison hasn't already done that?

If there's one thing these alt-right shitheads seem to be good at, it's playing the long game.

Yesterday, they normalize sending death threats to female game devs and minorities.

Today, they're normalizing Nazi beliefs.

Tomorrow, they start naming Names and trying to give Hitler the old historical revisionism makeover, ala Robert E. Lee
"If only the Jews had been willing to compromise..."

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:: Manus Island

Kudelka:

Pope:

Wilcox:

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Republicans love targeting liberal New York City too!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He misspelled irony.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I should get a job for Russian propaganda news, they'll hire anyone.

They only accept the dumbest motherfuckers alive. See Rall, Jill Stein.

Who better to convince narcissistic self righteous morons than narcissistic self righteous morons?

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Redpanels didn't count?

Also, does anyone have the final comic from that prick, with their heroic Nazi ubermensch speaking in Spanish without the artist noticing?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Just a reminder that while Trump is leaping into action to shut down immigration programs in the wake of this attack, nothing's been done about the hundreds of people shot in Vegas, many of whom are now struggling with hospital bills.

You can't spell "irony" without "R".

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Tinsley published a cartoon this past Sunday calling liberals nazis for wanting to punch people who say they're actual, no joking, nazis.

In two years they'll be drawing cartoons about how you're a hippie for not reporting your neighbors to the SS.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 2, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Driving a truck on a bike path to kill those unbelievers who dare to use the road without going vroom vroom? Payne cannot bring himself to condemn the man. So instead he made a cartoon going "scientists bad! democrats bad! gun control bad!" as that fallback always works.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Special Counsel Robert Mueller busted Paul Manafort on Monday. The charges included money laundering, tax evasion and failure to register as a foreign agent.

But there was no mention of President Trump colluding with Russians to steal the election. Which Trump was quick to tweet. What he didn’t tweet is why he hired a swamp creature like Manafort to run his campaign in the first place.

Manafort served as Trump’s campaign manager in the summer of 2016.

Prior to that gig Manafort took in $75 million representing the pro-Russian party in Ukraine. Here’s what National Review’s Kevin Williamson has to say about the president’s swamp creature:

quote:

In 1980, he founded a lobbying firm with Roger Stone, one of the most disreputable figures in Washington — no minor distinction — a habitual liar who boasts of his dishonesty and whose entrée into politics was setting up Richard Nixon’s dirty-tricks operation.

Manafort has earned a fortune working as a lobbyist for corrupt foreign governments and thugs and kleptocrats ranging from Mobutu Sese Seko to Ferdinand Marcos.

In the indictment Manafort’s accused of stashing Ukranian money in offshore accounts and using it to buy real estate in the U.S. Then he took out loans on those properties to raise cash to fund his lavish lifestyle, without paying taxes.

The future Trump campaign manager also used some of that money to hire the Podesta Group to seek favors for his Ukranian client. Tony Podesta resigned from his firm the same day Manafort was indicted.

Tony’s brother, John Podesta, was Hillary’s campaign manager.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

After he's done giving the McCoys the Stone Cold Stunner, I hope "Stone Cold" Steve Austin does the same to Henry Payne

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Alright, who kidnapped Bok and replaced him with a reasonable person? :psyduck:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Sure they were committing crimes, BUT WON'T THEY THINK OF THE CHILDREN????

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I like how that rant seems fairly sensible right up until the very last line that reveals "...BUT IT WAS A HILLARY CONNECTION ALL ALONG!"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Bok isn't into Trump as some of the others that get posted, he's like McCain in that sense I guess and just like McCain he probably has some dumb poo poo to say regarding the attack in New York.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Jabberlock posted:

Sure they were committing crimes, BUT WON'T THEY THINK OF THE CHILDREN????

JRROSE! forecast: a cartoon where the entire joke is that trump rhymes with grump, followed by a cartoon where a man is talking on a rotary phone about how the news makes him sad

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Maybe they think she's a rabbit god, Ted.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Still looks like rear end, though. Look at that guy's hand.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Nah, he's still dodging Papadopoulos's plea deal, which is damning as gently caress. Like pretty much none of the right wing cartoonists seem to wanna mention poor ol Georgie.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Can you imagine if we had some sort of mandatory 'licensing' scheme for drivers where you had to show at least the barest minimum of competency before you could drive a car? Maybe even some sort of eyesight check?

And if there were some sort of national registry of automobiles that would be awful! Not to even dare to imagine some sort of 'license plaque' you might have to mount on a car that ties it to a specific owner in some state database!

In short: Go gently caress yourself with a cactus.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Keiya posted:

Can you imagine if we had some sort of mandatory 'licensing' scheme for drivers where you had to show at least the barest minimum of competency before you could drive a car? Maybe even some sort of eyesight check?

And if there were some sort of national registry of automobiles that would be awful! Not to even dare to imagine some sort of 'license plaque' you might have to mount on a car that ties it to a specific owner in some state database!

All those laws just make it harder for a Good Guy with a truck to be on the scene, instantly react, and accelerate into and knock aside the Bad Hombre with a truck!!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:: Section 44 / Dual Citizenship Saga

After the High Court ruled that five politicians were ineligible to have held their positions due to dual citizenship under section 44, the President of the Senate revealed that he too was also a British citizen and resigned. There are calls within the government for a full audit to stop the cloud over their heads on this which Turnbull is resisting because it has a high risk of bringing down the government.

Kudelka:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cat Mattress posted:

If treat-or-tricking is compared to labor; then capitalism is the parent confiscating all of the candy and then giving the kid half of a granola bar as their wage.

I'm pretty sure my neighbour did that to his kids.

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:: Section 44 / Dual Citizenship Saga

After the High Court ruled that five politicians were ineligible to have held their positions due to dual citizenship under section 44, the President of the Senate revealed that he too was also a British citizen and resigned. There are calls within the government for a full audit to stop the cloud over their heads on this which Turnbull is resisting because it has a high risk of bringing down the government.

Seems like a dumb law.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Ted Rall is a bad artist and a self-important whiner who tells fake stories of his sexual conquests with totally real gorgeous women whose identities he can't reveal because they're too rich and important, but he's right about some things and he's right that NDAs and noncompetes should be illegal (also he's right about drones, sorry bout it toons thread, but he is)

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 2, 2017

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The problem I have with Rall in regards to drones is that he's always framing it as "if you vote for the guy who won't make it legal to torture the gay out of you, you're throwing people under the DRONE BUS." And, no, that's not how it works. It's not "drones versus no drones," it's "rights for people who aren't straight white Christian men but drones versus gently caress GAYS, gently caress WOMEN, gently caress BLACKS, gently caress MUSLIMS, gently caress EVERYONE WHO ISN'T US AND ALSO ENDLESS WAR AND MORE DRONES."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

Seems like a dumb law.

It is, but it's mostly been a curiosity until now.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I mean the actual problem with Rall is that he's both a talentless hack and a massive prick.

There are much better artists, like Bors and Latuff, that do anti-drone messages.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MechaCrash posted:

The problem I have with Rall in regards to drones is that he's always framing it as "if you vote for the guy who won't make it legal to torture the gay out of you, you're throwing people under the DRONE BUS." And, no, that's not how it works. It's not "drones versus no drones," it's "rights for people who aren't straight white Christian men but drones versus gently caress GAYS, gently caress WOMEN, gently caress BLACKS, gently caress MUSLIMS, gently caress EVERYONE WHO ISN'T US AND ALSO ENDLESS WAR AND MORE DRONES."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

MechaCrash posted:

Yeah but that's 100% true. I voted to throw people under the drone bus last year because I had no choice, maybe that's not an indictment of me, but it sure is an indictment of the politicians who made sure it was the only choice I had.

Not only is "oh Republicans are horrible so we Democrats have a blank check to murder Arabs" a hideous moral position, but it also doesn't even work, Republicans won anyway and inherited an open-ended war authorization that Democrats voted for under Bush then inherited and expanded under Obama and a turn-key bombing program that Obama helped set up, hope the chance to explode weddings and cafes was worth it!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

You don't have to rub it in. :smith:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

That's a bold thought bubble to put out with those five letters and all that empty space.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hollywood is probably the biggest broadcaster of their particular culture that the world has ever seen.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Trapezium Dave posted:

That's a bold thought bubble to put out with those five letters and all that empty space.

Hollywood sure is uncultured, unlike me, cosmopolitan drunk duck funny pages man.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Too easy.

Sorry my image editing skills are not very good. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Keiya posted:

you forgot the mandatory liability insurance.

• Locked thread