Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Adiabatic posted:

This is not D&D.

Whew! It was beginning to feel like it.

So how about them baseballers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Adiabatic posted:

This is not D&D.

So how much do you guys pay for AAA or the like?

(Healthcare discussion, but for cars not people)

E: genuine question, I am interested. £59/year to cover me in any vehicle towed to nearest garage, £109 with recovery to any location of my choice.

spog fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 1, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adiabatic posted:

This is not D&D.

Roll for initiative

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

spog posted:

E: genuine question, I am interested. £59/year to cover me in any vehicle towed to nearest garage, £109 with recovery to any location of my choice.

Here in Arizona, AAA costs like $60/90/120 (I think) depending on how many tow-miles you want to have included (and some misc. other stuff that is better the more you pay).

I think the cheapest one is no free towing (or 5 miles or something), then 100/200 miles for the other two. There is no 'anywhere you want' towing option, the USA is a big place.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

gently caress cancer. gently caress cancer so goddamn hard.

My sister in law has been fighting a nasty ovarian cancer for a bit over 18 months now. Diagnosed last summer, hardcore round of chemo, came out looking okay in March/April of this year. Cancer came back in August. Just found out they spoke with palliative care and hospice as she's not expected to make the next 2 weeks.

I knew from facebook that this round of chemo wasn't going as well, but god loving damnit :( She's a cool lady who I always got along with, and is way too young for this loving poo poo. And my poor brother is devestated. We've been texting, as he can't speak on the phone without breaking down. My mother is a hot mess. Just, gently caress.

gently caress
gently caress
gently caress
gently caress

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Siochain posted:

I think this is something that everyone here can agree with.

I am sorry for the pain that you and all of your family are going through with this. My condolences.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

I have RAC paid for via Tesco clubcard points.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

spog posted:

$110 CAD/year for the same, I think the tow distance is anywhere within 160 km.

e: gently caress, Siochain, that is terrible. Condolences :(

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Siochain posted:

gently caress
gently caress
gently caress
gently caress
Yeah. Pretty much.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Siochain posted:

I'm so sorry. :(

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

Yeah. Pretty much.

That, so much. I literally have a "F*CK CANCER" sticker for my car. I don't think there's anything that can make you feel quite as helpless. At least when you're being hosed over by the government/your job/corporate masters/whatever, there's someone to blame, and you can plan or fantasize about revenge.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

spog posted:

I have AAA plus which covers my wife and me. It's $91/year (I'm in the Mountain West area) and I get 100 miles of free towing (any destination within those 100 miles, doesn't have to be a garage), free fuel/delivery, and $100 towards any locksmith service. Also, they'll come change/air up a tire, jump the car, etc. I can use it 4 times per calendar year.

Plus you get discounts on stuff, they have travel services you can use, etc. The plus level comes with some trip cancellation/delay insurance and if you bump up to premier, it includes some travel accident/medical insurance.

edit: condolences, Siochain. That poo poo blows.

Magnus Praeda fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 2, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Can't discuss anything here.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

You can discuss deez nuts

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

DICK DICER posted:

You can discuss deez nuts

Metric or Standard?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Harry's Salted

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CommieGIR posted:

Metric or Standard?
Whitworth.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Deer Nuts. They're under a buck.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

British Standard Cycle

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

CommieGIR posted:

Maybe you cant.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Maybe you cant.

I'm living in the middle of the country wide version of Darkest Sketch, its damned worth discussing, and no amount of mindfulness meditation is going to change that reality.

And I generate legitimate car content :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Have you tried LSD?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Have you tried LSD?

That'll go over well on my next Security Screening. And no, I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. Personal preference.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Im joking with you boo boo :)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Im joking with you boo boo :)

God drat it Yogi.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Seminal Flu posted:

I like the way November is looking.

And I just got back from urgent care after my wife decided to play volleyball and rolled a baseball-sized lump into her foot. At least it's not broken.

Falling back on "if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough" house rules.

I don't know about November...

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

CommieGIR posted:

Metric or Standard?

Fractional cubit triple square fasteners.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Siochain posted:

:( Sorry man.

I am going to bow out of AI:SS this year, first year doing so since it's inception I think. I don't have time or the energy. Never enough of either of those things anymore.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Goober Peas posted:

So how about them baseballers?

I have never watched/enjoyed baseball at all, and live in LA. I finally gave in and started watching this goddamn series mainly so that I am able to hold a conversation at work. My dad, who I have never seen watch a baseball game in my 32 years, is suddenly an expert on which baseball man should be standing in what area. Reminds me a lot of threepeat-era Lakers circa 2000-2002.

What I'm saying is aside from the hispanic community, LA sports "fans" are fickle as poo poo.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

CommieGIR posted:

That'll go over well on my next Security Screening. And no, I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. Personal preference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41A91X5pns

Must be something inside?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uMEE7eaaUA&t=23s

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 2, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Who wants to play a game of "poke the LiPo"?

At least now I know why my dashcam got even flakier over the past few days.

Siochain posted:

gently caress
gently caress
gently caress
gently caress

I'm so sorry. :( :glomp:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Have you tried LSD?

I stopped counting after 70 times, and was consuming a sheet a month for a good while (well.. sold enough of it to break even, but it was dirt loving cheap in the 90s!)

So uh, maybe?

Damnit... I've never watched Silicon Valley. Suddenly I want to binge watch it...

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 2, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Why? @17% if you make $20k a year you pay $3400, if you make $2M you pay $340,000. Are you saying it's regressive because there are more people in the under middle class, and therefore collectively bear the brunt of the tax burden? If so why wouldn't that be a more accurate payment scheme? Should people that make more have to pay a higher percentage to carry the lower earners?

Yes

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Siochain posted:

:glomp:

spog posted:

I need to look into this again. I have towing through my insurance but wife doesn't and AAA family plans aren't too bad from what I remember

Planning on singing up for AI:SS but I need to figure out if I have actual stuff to send instead of doing a lovely Amazon pack again.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Are your AAA guys just random, approved local garages or dedicated technicians

We have the AA Man and they are generally well-regarded by users.

http://workshopmagazine.co.uk/2015/12/23/aas-max-is-king-of-the-road/

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

slothrop posted:

:shrug: A few years ago I would have argued but at the end of the day, beer is like pizza, even when it's bad, it's still good. After a long day I'd rather drink a Carlton than no beer

for me? Southern Comfort and lime shakers. 3/4 SoCo, generous squeeze of lime, shake with plenty of ice and pour into shot glasses.

Mate of mine once said "Theres no such thing as bad beer, just better beers". I ended up agreeing with him after I got deployed to Innaminka in January for a fire, flew from Adelaide into Moomba and it was 44 degrees when we landed. At 6pm. Flew via heli out to Innaminka and it was hot enough in the back seats to send the thermal docket from the taxi ride to the airport totally black in my pocket. When we landed at 7pm it was still 38 degrees and one of the local parks guys up there offered me a West End draught can from the freezer.

Nectar of the loving gods, right there.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

spog posted:

Are your AAA guys just random, approved local garages or dedicated technicians

We have the AA Man and they are generally well-regarded by users.

http://workshopmagazine.co.uk/2015/12/23/aas-max-is-king-of-the-road/

The AA man here is a former drunk driver :haw:

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Astros win the world series!!! gently caress yes! Moved to Houston in 1991 and followed them through good and bad. Went to Game 5 of the 2005 NLCS to see them get swept by the White Sox. What a series.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I'm far from a goody good boy. The difference is: I severely dislike how alcohol makes my brain feel, I work in sectors where if it ever got out that I took drugs, I'd be ruined. Permanently. I have severe asthma (thanks Air Force) so smoking is a no, and Audi/VW is an expensive enough hobby without spending it on vices like that.

Seriously, I've got....like 5 Audis now. That's more expensive than a drug habit/drinking habit as it is, and makes me happier anyways. Cars are my meditation, and I'm just a realist at heart, but makes me appear like a pessimist to everyone else.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I was pulling for the Doggers, however am glad that Astro got to be a winner.

• Locked thread