Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

it would probably be easier with a healing RM
Depends on your levels, I guess? The point I'm at is trying to grind up level 80+ characters to 99 (filling out the last few MC3s I've used), so healing RMs just waste time that could be spent beating down this or that monster. Regular stuff invariably dies in one hit, while Bandersnatches take three or four hits. On the other hand, if you're trying to level up a bunch of chumps who don't have their MC3s yet (potentially lacking MC2s or even MC1s), then you probably have less attack (making combats take longer) and less defense (so everyone takes more damage and has less health). And in a situation like that I could see you actually needing some form of healing.

Or maybe you're trying to level the awful generics. :suicide: My advice is to instead just brute-force level them up when you get enough growth eggs, because they're even worse at auto-battling than dedicated mages and because Renewal dungeons have given out an enormous windfall of them.

I should note as well that I've been extremely aggressive at efficiently leveling my characters between orbfests, XP dailies, growth eggs, and even "farming parties" in other dailies or the easy parts of events; so my experience may be atypical. I wonder, for day one veterans, how onerous XP grinding has been over the game's lifespan, and whether some of them are just sitting on maximum-XP characters or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Fister Roboto posted:

380 stamina for 15 major orbs is over twice as efficient as what you get from daily dungeons (~53.8 stamina per major orb). Even without all the other stuff it would be worth it.

The comparison to dailies is irrelevant. What we are comparing is two mythril for that stash.

No one would mythril refresh to do more dailies.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Tell that to the more insane whales.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

The comparison to dailies is irrelevant. What we are comparing is two mythril for that stash.

It is also worse than jumpstart torment farming at 20 stamina per major orb, which is another thing people don't refresh for.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I woke up early this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep right away so I decided to battle d300 Belias, using a similar setup to an earlier post by ipodschun, only using Vayne as my source of instant attacking and Beatrix for Holy imperil instead of Agrias. It worked extremely well once I got the timing down.

It did take a few tries as they liked to jump on one character all at once, but I was able to do it. It would have likely been better with Relm’s Divine Portrait but that’s the first d300 clear I’ve done!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ceaselessfuture posted:

Nothing on the Renewal banners is worth it unless you really love the 15 or Type-0 cast. The only reason I did it was because my 15 and 0 characters already had some relics and I just wanted to make them a bit better.

Stay strong and save up!

i didnt stay strong :c00l:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

rabidsquid posted:

i didnt stay strong :c00l:

It uh... it paid off this time

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah that's fair. I'd still say it's worth it though for all the other things.

OTOH I would be really suprised if they never did this again.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Tackled the FFX torment on my lunch break.

I cleared the d200 and d250. The big guy hit hard so I wasn’t too confident if I could have beaten him on d300 with a similar strategy that I used on Belias.

(Note: I didn’t bring Wall)

After four tries on the d300...

I now have a fully dived Bartz :toot:

This was pure luck though. He swallowed Rikku, and as the fight was winding down he targeted Tidus with Stone Punch. Fortunately Tidus used all three of his OSBs already, and he survived! Bartz then did a full imperiled Woken Water for 35k HP a pop.. and somehow the big guy was still standing with almost no health left!

Not for long though as Vayne used a no-delay Ruinga to win :toot:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Orthos the purple tentacle monster in one of the Renewal fights: What a tasty morsel! I can't wait to get me tentacles around her.

Okay, I have Terra in my party. It's a VI reference when he grabs her leg on the raft ride I guess, maybe? So he'll attack Terra or one of the other girls in party.

Orthos used Tentacle a few turns later. On Cid Raines.

I won't judge.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

Hopefully by tomorrow or Wednesday I should finally be done with farming XP from the elite Alexandria Castle Dungeons.
Finally done. I'd say that I'd never do that again, but it would be a filthy lie. I'm a completionist twit, through and through.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've been doing the OK xp dungeon. Up to 5 motes.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Orthos the purple tentacle monster in one of the Renewal fights: What a tasty morsel! I can't wait to get me tentacles around her.

Okay, I have Terra in my party. It's a VI reference when he grabs her leg on the raft ride I guess, maybe? So he'll attack Terra or one of the other girls in party.

I won't judge.

Don't tease the octopus, kids!

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

I won't judge.

As I understand it one of the better bits about his appearance in Mobius was that he implies he'll totally molest a dude too only to come up short when Wol's response is a deadpan, "well come on then, I'm waiting."

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

LornMarkus posted:

As I understand it one of the better bits about his appearance in Mobius was that he implies he'll totally molest a dude too only to come up short when Wol's response is a deadpan, "well come on then, I'm waiting."

WoL sounds very... progressive. :monocle:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Should I hone up Tiamat for Alphinaud's USB? I have enough orbs to get it to rank 1 -> 4 I think. Not sure what would work better since I won't be able to get to Neo Bahamut for some time.

(I am sorry to derail molestation chat :( )

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I've been using the TerRaines core to do all of the renewal medal condition fights to save time. Works on all fights.

LD Terra USB OSB, Valigarmanda and Meltdown.
-Hits Fire, Wind, Earth, Ice, Lit
-Extremely strong st and AoE DPS

LD Raines BSB OSB, MM Chain Waterga
-Hits Water, Holy, Dark
-Extremely strong st and AoE dps

Yuna BSB2/Miracle Veil, Curada, Slowga
-Faithga and healing
-Hits Slow, a common condition. Can swap to silencega

Rikku USB, Multi Break, Bio Grenade
-Faithga, defenses
-Hits four break conditions and poison (debuff and element)

Shelke, Entruster
-Freeloader but boosts the DPS further

For the sub 90 battles I just run LD Lightning with God Among Men.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

ETB posted:

WoL sounds very... progressive. :monocle:

Wol (his default name to be clear, not Warrior of Light) is an extremely amazing character because he literally does not give a gently caress about anything (except Mog).

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Nephrite posted:

Wol (his default name to be clear, not Warrior of Light) is an extremely amazing character because he literally does not give a gently caress about anything (except Mog).

Sounds like the perfect man. :allears:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I need to get back to playing Mobius sometime, if only for Wol being a deadpan jackass to everyone.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Just joining in this after seeing it mentioned in the FFBE thread on occasion and figured I’d play around in it. I’ve been in FFBE for almost a year now and looking for another time waster while the emulator does some farming runs.

I just got through the tutorial and collected a bunch of mythril, and want to know what banner to start to use it.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

At this point you may want to wait a few hours until the upcoming FF3 event. Or you could pull on the BRA*BRA banner? In either case you'll have a decent shot at a hastega, and in particular at the Onion Knight BSB. (Be warned, however, that OK is absolute garbage until level 93 when he starts getting wild stat gains, so at this point he'll be mostly useless for you.)

Other than that I dunno which banners are particularly good for general use. XV and T0 do have some good stuff that's not as tempered by older dross, at least.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Finally got a sub-30 magicite run, did it against Fenrir. I was maxing out around 34 seconds with a team of Lulu's USB doing basically all the damage and everyone else feeding her; ended up getting a 28 second run with 2 entrust bots, healer, Lulu and Squall. The RNG was definitely on my side as Squall had the killing blow cmd2 queued up when it cast its physical blink, only for my Wendigo to knock that out with its physical attack. I have a hard time believing I can replicate it until I can get my soul breaks off quicker, likely in the form of Shelke dive.

Also crushed a Sealion sub-30 last night...I think 23 seconds, which I think can serve as a blueprint for other elements. My team if anyone has similar stuff:
Vanille w/Protectga, Curada, BSB. Full LD
Papa w/ Shellga (not even sure I need this), Meltdown, BSB, OSB, Thunder God RM. Full LD
Krile w/ Valigarmanda, Chain Firaga, SSB
Edward w/ Allegro con Moto, Wrath, USB
OK w/ Entrust, Smoldering Fire
RW: The boostaga one.
Main Magicite: Enkidu
No true entrust bots, just have OK help get Papa's BSB up a turn early. The short-casts provided by Edward paired with Thunder God are really significant. I use Papa's OSB to finish the job off but I could easily do it without it.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The upcoming III event is just the Aria event right? I thought it was the III event after this one that everyone was going nuts over.

Although looking at this banner, I am a bit tempted since there seems to be a lot of decent fire stuff on it and that's one of my big weaknesses still. I dunno though, I've got 3 dupes and 1 of them is OK's BSB.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The upcoming III event is just the Aria event right? I thought it was the III event after this one that everyone was going nuts over.

Although looking at this banner, I am a bit tempted since there seems to be a lot of decent fire stuff on it and that's one of my big weaknesses still. I dunno though, I've got 3 dupes and 1 of them is OK's BSB.

Tonight's banner is indeed the Aria event and not the crazy OK event. If you're just after Refia stuff, do not pull on this one because all of her stuff on this comes back on the super Onion banner.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Kanos posted:

Tonight's banner is indeed the Aria event and not the crazy OK event. If you're just after Refia stuff, do not pull on this one because all of her stuff on this comes back on the super Onion banner.

Well poo poo that's good to know, sounds like there's basically zero reason for me to pull on this one then since most of the good fire stuff is Refia's anyway, unless Aria's BSB is just really good.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The Aria event is the debut of BarElement effects, which is basically the reverse of Imperils. Stacking element damage reduction. Very, very niche in use but can be cool for magicites. Aria's has BarFire.

Also Arc gets an offensive white mage burst. While we've had healer bursts with damage components in the past, his is the first to actually go all-in on the concept with an EnHoly on entry.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

The only thing that still sorta tempts me is a shot at Ingus' earth chain, just because chains are so drat rare and seem extremely useful for speeding up magicite clears.

Do chains become more common on banners later on? It feels like we only get one every 3 or 4 banners outside of fests.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm stalwartly saving for FFTA. :colbert:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Banner 2 gives Cloud of Darkness a Lightning/Dark chaser to her dark attacks. IIRC, her LD gives yet another chaser. (35% chance for one, not guaranteed)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i've been farming the FFX torment orbs in 6 ninja turns with just damage from edge - enwater, USB, blink attack, cloud USB RW, blink attack, raging water. requires a 2x proc on raging water but its fun seeing 10 hits ranging from 35000-95000 all at once.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Man I just looked at the upcoming Torment bosses from JP and we're seriously going to have a third (!) monk mote boss and another machinist and knight one without a second spellblade drop in sight?

At least there's another thief one in the pipeline too but jesus, I just want motes for abilities that don't suck rear end.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Oh yeah, there was a reason why I never cleared that one FFXIV 220. He was as fun to fight as catching AIDS.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Man I just looked at the upcoming Torment bosses from JP and we're seriously going to have a third (!) monk mote boss and another machinist and knight one without a second spellblade drop in sight?

At least there's another thief one in the pipeline too but jesus, I just want motes for abilities that don't suck rear end.
Are you kidding me?
What the heck, Dena?

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Newbie Trip Report: Still making my way through Part 1/Classic versions of the renewal dungeons... god there are a lot of these

Maybe halfway through FFVI dungeons, I'm not even up to the games that have like 10 different event banners

Would it be worth going back to realm dungeons to try and bump up my stamina from 50 to a higher number or just keep on going?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Is Refia worth Legend Diving if you have her BSB? Does the LM2 stack with Shout? I see it only affects one stat but I’m not sure if LM’s count on that front. I have Chant if that matters.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Huh, 2/11 Aria BSB and Aria LM. Certainly not what I was expecting but that seems useful!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Newbie Trip Report: Still making my way through Part 1/Classic versions of the renewal dungeons... god there are a lot of these

Maybe halfway through FFVI dungeons, I'm not even up to the games that have like 10 different event banners

Would it be worth going back to realm dungeons to try and bump up my stamina from 50 to a higher number or just keep on going?

I'd try my best to wait a few more days for the Realm Dungeon update, which happens at the start of every month. 1/2 stamina dungeons make it really easy to chain run them.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'd try my best to wait a few more days for the Realm Dungeon update, which happens at the start of every month. 1/2 stamina dungeons make it really easy to chain run them.

Pretty sure the renewal dungeons will be gone by then. But yeah, I'm not sure what to say- the renewal dungeons are great for someone with like a 3-month old account that has gotten to build up stamina and stuff a bit. Not so great for someone with a brand new account. Sorry...

No more spellblade motes until the 3rd anniversary in JP. So 6 more months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Schwartzcough posted:

Pretty sure the renewal dungeons will be gone by then. But yeah, I'm not sure what to say- the renewal dungeons are great for someone with like a 3-month old account that has gotten to build up stamina and stuff a bit. Not so great for someone with a brand new account. Sorry...

No more spellblade motes until the 3rd anniversary in JP. So 6 more months.

Blegh, come on Dena, spellblades only have 1 good skill, at least spread the love. Ah well, I really needed thief motes too so that will have to console me.

Still badly need 5* Dex motes too, it's frustrating when you know having a few motes could help you a *lot* with magicite stuff. My poor Shadow has been waiting to finish his dive for over a month now, I'm pretty sure.

• Locked thread