Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

And she knows because she was helping it along! This is from Donna brazile, yes that one:

quote:

So I followed the money. My predecessor, Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, had not been the most active chair in fundraising at a time when President Barack Obama’s neglect had left the party in significant debt. As Hillary’s campaign gained momentum, she resolved the party’s debt and put it on a starvation diet. It had become dependent on her campaign for survival, for which she expected to wield control of its operations.

Hmm, that seems bad for a party to be dependent on a candidate for financial solvency when they aren’t the president.

quote:

The Saturday morning after the convention in July, I called Gary Gensler, the chief financial officer of Hillary’s campaign. He wasted no words. He told me the Democratic Party was broke and $2 million in debt.
“What?” I screamed. “I am an officer of the party and they’ve been telling us everything is fine and they were raising money with no problems.”
That wasn’t true, he said. Officials from Hillary’s campaign had taken a look at the DNC’s books. Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign—and had been paying that off very slowly. Obama’s campaign was not scheduled to pay it off until 2016. Hillary for America (the campaign) and the Hillary Victory Fund (its joint fundraising vehicle with the DNC) had taken care of 80 percent of the remaining debt in 2016, about $10 million, and had placed the party on an allowance.

So obama dug a huge hole for the dnc, and Hillary offered to help in exchange for some...unethical fundraising practices.

quote:

”Gary, how did they do this without me knowing?” I asked. “I don’t know how Debbie relates to the officers,” Gary said. He described the party as fully under the control of Hillary’s campaign, which seemed to confirm the suspicions of the Bernie camp. The campaign had the DNC on life support, giving it money every month to meet its basic expenses, while the campaign was using the party as a fund-raising clearinghouse. Under FEC law, an individual can contribute a maximum of $2,700 directly to a presidential campaign. But the limits are much higher for contributions to state parties and a party’s national committee.
Yikes! That seems pretty bad, but hey the dems likely weren’t spending that much mon-

quote:

What’s the burn rate, Gary?” I asked. “How much money do we need every month to fund the party?”
The burn rate was $3.5 million to $4 million a month, he said.

So not only did Hillary need every little cent of that near $2 billion, but the dnc needed an extra 4 million a month just to stay solvent. All to lose the election anyway. But wait, there’s more!

quote:

When I got back from a vacation in Martha’s Vineyard
A nice reminder that Donna was part of the crew that was rigging the primary in Hillary’s favor and that she’s also an out of touch pos.

quote:

I at last found the document that described it all: the Joint Fund-Raising Agreement between the DNC, the Hillary Victory Fund, and Hillary for America.
The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former CEO of the DNC, and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.
I had been wondering why it was that I couldn’t write a press release without passing it by Brooklyn. Well, here was the answer.

Again, what makes this piece so great is that it was written by someone who literally gave Hillary debate questions during the primary and was helping this through all the way. Rats and sinking ships and all that, but she’s doing this to peddle her book! She’s doing it out of principle or even for a better career move, but to cash out what little she can off it. :discourse:

Lol at the dems forever. Bernie would have won :bernget20:

Note: don’t slapfight or talk about trump, just lol at the dems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I thought this was common knowledge tbh. But proof is nice I suppose.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Bearnie Got Burned

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Hillary Clinton stole the nomination away from a nice old man that wanted everyone to have free health care and stuff and because of that you have Donald Trump as your president.

LOL your country deserves the hole it dug for itself.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this is the thing that finally gave my recovering-hillfolk dad pause, so uh, yay, I guess

ps bernie would have won :bernget20:

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

quote:

Yet the states kept less than half of 1 percent of the $82 million they had amassed from the extravagant fund-raisers Hillary’s campaign was holding, just as Gary had described to me when he and I talked in August. When the Politico story described this arrangement as “essentially … money laundering” for the Clinton campaign, Hillary’s people were outraged at being accused of doing something shady. Bernie’s people were angry for their own reasons, saying this was part of a calculated strategy to throw the nomination to Hillary.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This made my loving day, thank you.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

really queer Christmas posted:

Lol at the dems forever. Bernie would have won :bernget20:

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Also lol at how Donna Brazile is writing herself as a brave detective looking for the truth for her pal Bernie

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

I thought this was common knowledge tbh. But proof is nice I suppose.

It’s not new news, but that someone who was doing it is admitting to it and that she’s basically burning her bridges with the Hillary camp. She was one of the most loyal Hill people, that’s what makes this so significant.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

We already got proof of this a while ago when the DNC was sued by Bernie supporters for rigging the primary. The DNC responded to the lawsuit by saying yes, they rigged it, but they are ALLOWED to rig it, so there was no wrongdoing.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

we need to stop chelsea clinton's political career before it begins

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pawn 17 posted:

We already got proof of this a while ago when the DNC was sued by Bernie supporters for rigging the primary. The DNC responded to the lawsuit by saying yes, they rigged it, but they are ALLOWED to rig it, so there was no wrongdoing.

I don't remember all these juicy money bits getting out though.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
This was painfully obvious to anyone following the primaries.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Had I known this I wouldn't have donated to Bernie :-/

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
democrats can suck my drat balls

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I swear, our political parties are rehearsing for Dumb & Dumber 3

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/alexkotch/status/926102797082333184

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Everyone dumb enough to have a twitter account should yell BERNIE WOULD HAVE WON @ peter dau

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

So, let's start a betting pool.

How many bullets will magically materialize inside the back of Donna's head during her "suicide"?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

old beast lunatic posted:

Tell that to the mods of D&D at the time

Bernie would have won

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

bernie should've won

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
Lol, if only there were some process that were intended to find the best (or even the most likely to win an election) candidate to run for a party. Maybe if the dems had used something like that, they could have beaten the GOP's racist sexual predator lol.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

old beast lunatic posted:

There was nothing suspicious going on in that campaign at all! https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/officials-investigating-why-126000-voters-were-purged-from-ny-rolls

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
But yet theres still poo poo in my rear end in a top hat, so you know what to do oh p

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
so aside from some muckracking by some random nobody far removed from the Democratic party, do we have any evidence of this """"rigging""""" or are you just yet another drumpf-loving bernie bro anti liberal trying to drag the most qualified candidate in the mud by spreading around russian funded fake new- nah I'm just fuckin' with you, can you actually imagine someone dumb enough to write that for real?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat sucks to have cheated and still lost lol. :downsbravo:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It happened in NY but it also happened in every single large blue state with closed primaries lol.

New democrat? Youth votes and former independents. Bernie supporter obviously. PURGE.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

ReadingZucchini posted:

Lol, if only there were some process that were intended to find the best (or even the most likely to win an election) candidate to run for a party. Maybe if the dems had used something like that, they could have beaten the GOP's racist sexual predator lol.

counterpoint: that process is how the Republicans got Trump lol

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

It's like one of those kid's movies where the rich bully learns his lesson except now we're all hosed lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:unsmigghh:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/926116616902934528

I hope the democrat party dies

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Creamed Cormp posted:

so aside from some muckracking by some random nobody far removed from the Democratic party, do we have any evidence of this """"rigging""""" or are you just yet another drumpf-loving bernie bro anti liberal trying to drag the most qualified candidate in the mud by spreading around russian funded fake new- nah I'm just fuckin' with you, can you actually imagine someone dumb enough to write that for real?

https://twitter.com/peterdaou

another excellent source of this sort of lol is the replies to shaun king here
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/926075553630818304

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yessss

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

:dukedog:

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 2, 2017

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

One of my instructors used to say "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin."

He's been banned from beltsander races (apparently a thing) and vehicle races because he would pour oil on his tires so they'd smoke out real bad and blind people behind him, forcing them to slow way down so he could get a lead.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

In related news, remember all those conspiracies that Twitter intentionally suppresses tweets it doesn't like?

Turns out they hid 48% of #DNCLeaks tweets, justifying it by saying 2% came from so-called possible "Russian-linked" accounts.

https://www.lgraham.senate.gov/publ...sel-twitter.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

extremely cool and good

• Locked thread