Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I could never get past the part from Nic Cage's neanderthal sounds like Nic Cage in any other movie. I know it's stereotypical to have your caveman grunt and all, but he shouldn't sound normal.

I'm not sure if they told Nic Cage he was a cave man when he read the parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Krispy Wafer posted:

I could never get past the part from Nic Cage's neanderthal sounds like Nic Cage in any other movie. I know it's stereotypical to have your caveman grunt and all, but he shouldn't sound normal.

Idk, worked for Ron Perlman in Quest for Fire

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Krispy Wafer posted:

are you actually saying that nic cage sounds normal?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Powaqoatse posted:

are you actually saying that nic cage sounds normal?

He sounds "maybe he's a hitman, maybe he works in a tollbooth" abnormal, not "caveman" abnormal.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pneub posted:

He sounds "maybe he's a hitman, maybe he works in a tollbooth" abnormal, not "caveman" abnormal.

maybe hes a stock broker vampire normal

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sometimes he does a difference voice, like Johnny Blaze as Carney Elvis.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Maybe he's John Travolta normal

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Maybe he's John Travolta normal

It's crazy to think about how if John Travolta was just a regular jerkoff without an acting career and a fleet of jets that he would sound just like Nic Cage.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

skasion posted:

Idk, worked for Ron Perlman in Quest for Fire

Ron Perlman is part caveman though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Maybe if we travelled back in time we'd find out that cavemen did sound exactly like Nicholas Cage.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Having recently watched Casablanca, I finally realized the reference that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was making with the "Papers please!" scene with Brody. Marcus is even dressed similarly to Humphrey Bogart when he gets chased through the streets.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Memento posted:

There's a good bit like that towards the end of the comic Preacher

Jesse Custer is just a regular human being but has spent his entire life fighting, and was taught how to fight by his uncle Jody, enormous redneck sadist. So in the fight between him and Cassidy, a vampire with superhuman strength, Jesse gets the better of his much-stronger opponent because Cassidy always just took his strength for granted and never learned how to fight. Jesse's advantage doesn't last long, but it's a good take on how a lot of superhuman and hero fighters never actually learn any technique and just get past on brute strength
The Agents from The Matrix are also like that, basically throwing haymakers instead of any technique because they are faster and stronger than anyone not named Neo.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

The Agents from The Matrix are also like that, basically throwing haymakers instead of any technique because they are faster and stronger than anyone not named Neo.

In the same vein Superman sucked rear end as a fighter, like in Superman II when he got beat up.

But then they had him holding his own against General Zod, who you'd think would've had combat training as well as more people on his team.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Krispy Wafer posted:

In the same vein Superman sucked rear end as a fighter, like in Superman II when he got beat up.

But then they had him holding his own against General Zod, who you'd think would've had combat training as well as more people on his team.

In the new superman movies ol clark ad time to watch Bruce Lee movies, so he'd know how to kick some serious butt or something I dunno it was a kinda lovely movie :v:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Supergirl in the recent series can canonically beat Superman in a fair fight because she was trained by her super-agent sister in a DEO facility that used Kryptonite radiation to bring Kara down to human levels. She has the technique that Clark lacks, and when push comes to shove can defeat him if needed, although not easily.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well, Zod was basically in murderous/suicidal rage at that point, and was even less familiar with his powers than Superman.

In other versions it depends. Back in the Silver Age he literally trained with Muhammed Ali, and sometimes he uses boxing techniques- makes sense, as it'd be the martial art he'd be most familiar with. Others have him usually learning from experience, and sometimes taking lessons with the martial arts master and skilled warrior who happen to be his friends on the Justice League.

It's not often he actually fights people on his power level, most of the time Superman's faced with problems and dilemmas that he has to use his powers and skills intelligently and creatively to overcome. While he's not at Silver Age levels of make-poo poo-up anymore, his heat vision and super-speed tend to be go-tos for precision power use.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Inescapable Duck posted:

Well, Zod was basically in murderous/suicidal rage at that point, and was even less familiar with his powers than Superman.

In other versions it depends. Back in the Silver Age he literally trained with Muhammed Ali, and sometimes he uses boxing techniques- makes sense, as it'd be the martial art he'd be most familiar with. Others have him usually learning from experience, and sometimes taking lessons with the martial arts master and skilled warrior who happen to be his friends on the Justice League.

It's not often he actually fights people on his power level, most of the time Superman's faced with problems and dilemmas that he has to use his powers and skills intelligently and creatively to overcome. While he's not at Silver Age levels of make-poo poo-up anymore, his heat vision and super-speed tend to be go-tos for precision power use.

Yeah, the lack of experience with his new powers does take away some of Zod's advantages. Although I think that just works with holograms and throwing your S to entangle bad guys.

I loved Superman II, but only poo poo they went off the rails in the last 10 minutes. The last part of Superman II and the entirety of Superman III are actually one movie.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I'd love to see a Superman where he's revealed to be a pre-superserum Chris Evans because nothing on earth can provide the resistance needed for his muscles to grow.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Hughlander posted:

I'd love to see a Superman where he's revealed to be a pre-superserum Chris Evans because nothing on earth can provide the resistance needed for his muscles to grow.

Supergirl's Superman is pretty small, relatively speaking. Also he's pretty great, overall.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's why I kinda dug the Byrne version of history, cause not only is Kal kryptonian and able to be really strong, he's genetically perfect (meaning Jor El and Lara did some tinkering with his DNA), so he just loving grew up ripped.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

he's genetically perfect

I have often wondered what this phrase means when it isn't code for racism. Like what constitutes "perfect"?

Edit: it's always code for racism.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

There's a nice subtle bit in S2E1 of Haters Back Off that's easy to miss because there's several scenes of abject insanity between the setup and payoff:

The mom goes to some Ken Ham-esque biblical theme museum monstrosity, and while she's there she explains that she feels like she's failing her family because her daughter thinks she's so talented but just continually fails at everything she does.

Then the episode ends with her visiting Emily, not Miranda, showing her worldview is still all hosed up.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

I have often wondered what this phrase means when it isn't code for racism. Like what constitutes "perfect"?

"white" usually.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It may not be particularly subtle, but I like the way Frollo is presented when he's interrupted during Hellfire in Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, all sweaty, panicking, telling the guard basically "God can you give me a minute..." even righting his hair - he's practically behaving as if he were caught masturbating, and for a man who's character arc appears to be (I'm intentionally being reductionist here to be funny) "Oh god what is my penis doing, it's never done that before it must be ~evil magic~" that's fairly appropriate.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Aleph Null posted:

Pretty sure the idea outside of racist propaganda is more basically post-serum Steve Rogers from birth instead of vaguely alchemical drugs; zero genetic deformities, disabilities or predisposition to illness, easily developed muscle and resistance to injury and illness; just the healthiest motherfucker that ever did walk the earth. And that's before you get into the yellow sun basically literally supercharging everything. (Wondering if they've ever had Superman not really need to eat because he gets all he needs from yellow sun radiation)

(a little ironic given Man of Steel kinda makes a plot point that almost all Kryptonians at that point were genetically engineered for single purposes in society, while Kal-El was conceived and born the traditional way as a middle finger to that convention. But then again, being the children of genetically engineered scientists is still probably gonna be pretty good genes)

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Inescapable Duck posted:

Pretty sure the idea outside of racist propaganda is more basically post-serum Steve Rogers from birth instead of vaguely alchemical drugs; zero genetic deformities, disabilities or predisposition to illness, easily developed muscle and resistance to injury and illness; just the healthiest motherfucker that ever did walk the earth. And that's before you get into the yellow sun basically literally supercharging everything. (Wondering if they've ever had Superman not really need to eat because he gets all he needs from yellow sun radiation)

(a little ironic given Man of Steel kinda makes a plot point that almost all Kryptonians at that point were genetically engineered for single purposes in society, while Kal-El was conceived and born the traditional way as a middle finger to that convention. But then again, being the children of genetically engineered scientists is still probably gonna be pretty good genes)

I wonder what kind of shits you'd get from only eating yellow sun radiation.

It'd be pretty cool if it was as bad as Pizza Hut pizza. Superman has super powers and is invincible, but twice a day he has to squirt out a stream of brown slush.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

BioEnchanted posted:

It may not be particularly subtle, but I like the way Frollo is presented when he's interrupted during Hellfire in Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, all sweaty, panicking, telling the guard basically "God can you give me a minute..." even righting his hair - he's practically behaving as if he were caught masturbating, and for a man who's character arc appears to be (I'm intentionally being reductionist here to be funny) "Oh god what is my penis doing, it's never done that before it must be ~evil magic~" that's fairly appropriate.

That's because in the context of the movie, he basically is. Frollo is such a fantastic and underrated villain and probably the most grounded in the real world

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Krispy Wafer posted:

It'd be pretty cool if it was as bad as Pizza Hut pizza. Superman has super powers and is invincible, but twice a day he has to squirt out a stream of brown slush.

The sun literally shines out his rear end in a top hat.

Alternatively: what do you think heat vision is?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Inescapable Duck posted:

The sun literally shines out his rear end in a top hat.

Alternatively: what do you think heat vision is?

So farts are deadly then?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Krispy Wafer posted:

Ita brown slush only because all of his muscles are superpowered and that includes his smooth muscles in the intestine.

To combat that he has kryptonite toilet paper.
Or dumps during flight
Else hed need a titanium toilet or something

Supersonic sharts
All People in a 5km radius are defeaned by the sonic boom farts
poo poo that exits the colon at such speed it instantly combusts
Colon pressure so high diamonds start forming

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 14:59 on Nov 2, 2017

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think he probably just does regular shits guys. You’ve definitely just set off some fanfiction

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
He converts mass directly into energy that's how he has enough strength to do all that poo poo. You're not gonna fly around the world lifting up sky scrapers from a solar charge.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless Superman's poo poo also has kryptonian strength his powerful anus would annihilate it and he'd have no need of toilets.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I pity Lois if Clark dutch ovens her.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Android Apocalypse posted:

I pity Lois if Clark dutch ovens her.

I mean he also might ejaculate a hole straight through her so he's gotta wear lead condoms or something

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

are you proposing some kind of lead/kryptonite suppository so that Clarks fart/annihilated poop doesn't kill his wife

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

The Bloop posted:

I mean he also might ejaculate a hole straight through her so he's gotta wear lead condoms or something
Very old, but http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like the comic where Superman first shows Lois his penis (entirely SFW, you only see him waist up but I'll link to be careful)

https://imgur.com/gallery/RCPYB14

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Kind of sucks. The only Kryptonian lady he's met hate him. The only woman who can handle his dick pincers only has eyes for Zod's dick pincers.

Wonder Woman might be able to handle it, though. But since she's made out of clay on an island where there are no men, the likelihood of her being anatomically correct is remote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Krispy Wafer posted:

Wonder Woman might be able to handle it, though. But since she's made out of clay on an island where there are no men, the likelihood of her being anatomically correct is remote.

Having read a lot of comic books, I'd argue she'd have a much better chance of being anatomically correct than if she were made exclusively by men.