Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

poor life choice posted:

Griffin sounds so happy back when the guy he made Polygon videos with wasn't outed as a harasser creep. :smith: contrast that with him generic-internet-FPS-player yelling at Russ about getting parked in position to use some sniper rifle.

Buddy you are connecting some distant dots. Griffin was petulant at PUBG since day one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/925909987737575425
THE HONEY ZONE!!! 8D

Honestly I really love the way Louie draws Travis.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mikedawson posted:

THE HONEY ZONE!!! 8D

Like Teddy Roosevelt with a beard

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

"I don't think it's good to let the three-year-old fingerpaint on all the walls and carpet."
"Wow you must HATE abstract expressionism,"

Look, I sincerely hope they sit around and camp for five solid minutes on a livestream properly next time. Never realized it meant so much to you.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Mikedawson posted:

THE HONEY ZONE!!! 8D

As soon as Griffin made that goof I wondered how long it'd be until we saw someone animate it. Turns out the answer was about 3 days!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Louie Zong works incredibly quickly, especially for how quality his animations are. He's one of my favorites.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Buddy you are connecting some distant dots. Griffin was petulant at PUBG since day one

Huh, maybe. Perhaps it’s just had this cumulative effect on me and I’m less tolerant of it with each ep. I’m watching for the non-Griffin stuff at this point.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Is there going to be a new Adventure zone today?

Edit: nevermind! I just checked, there is!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is there going to be a new Adventure zone today?

it's up now

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Holy wind out of my sails in the Adventurezone.

A whole episode of exposition and character development without a single fight, and one puzzle. I thought the pre-season episode was supposed to avoid this exact thing from happening. I had a really hard time listening through the whole thing to be honest.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Judge Schnoopy posted:

A whole episode of exposition and character development without a single fight, and one puzzle. I thought the pre-season episode was supposed to avoid this exact thing from happening. I had a really hard time listening through the whole thing to be honest.

That was last episode. This wasn't twice in a row was it?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Continuing Adventure Zone was a mistake, because fans cannot be pleased.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Supposed to stop what? The fights were honestly the worst part of TAZ (which was mostly because DND 5e is not a great system for narrative)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just finished the new TAZ episode, it was a little slow at first, but it picked up at the end.

Really looking forward to the next episode, creepy abandoned theme parks are one of my favorite adventure settings.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Not So Fast posted:

Supposed to stop what? The fights were honestly the worst part of TAZ (which was mostly because DND 5e is not a great system for narrative)

Supposed to stop nothing happening at all. This episode was them showing up at the first dungeon. A whole hour to get inside the front door.

Personally I liked the fights in the balance arc because I'm a numbers nerd. But the success was two fold: action first then exposition, and balancing the two to establish a pace.

I honestly enjoyed the hell out of the last episode but this one was just so loving slow and slim there's nothing to bite off and chew on.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Not So Fast posted:

Yeah this is the truth. Almost everything I skipped forward in the original Adventure Zone was fights (looking at you Wonderland). I'm enjoying the poo poo out of this new episode.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm having fun with the character interactions :D

:eng101: "You are the only intact super power trio we have at this time..."
:science: "Are they dead?"
:flashfact: "Intact is a horrible--"
:eng101: "Oh, I'm sorry. Alive."

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Jade Mage posted:

Yeah this is the truth. Almost everything I skipped forward in the original Adventure Zone was fights (looking at you Wonderland). I'm enjoying the poo poo out of this new episode.

I listened to all of the fights, even, but by the time I got to the third or fourth arc I was mostly tuning them out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, by the racing arc fights were literally just Calvinball between Travis' stunts, Justin randomly grabbing spells and Griffin getting bored and just declaring something dead.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I really need to see all of Clint's maps.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

I really need to see all of Clint's maps.

Here's one!

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/926136384620060673

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, by the racing arc fights were literally just Calvinball between Travis' stunts, Justin randomly grabbing spells and Griffin getting bored and just declaring something dead.

Justin ruining Griffin's plans 75% of the time was the best part of Adventure Zone fight parts.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Good Listener posted:

Justin ruining Griffin's plans 75% of the time was the best part of Adventure Zone fight parts.

"I turn into a t-rex"

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Kardala talking about Jesus is a treat.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's the song they're using for the TAZ commitment theme?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
If you didn't enjoy the bit about favorite movies, then you're dead on the inside.

KoB
May 1, 2009
ugh i cant believe they spent a whole episode on character development and funny goofs, when are they going to cast magic missile?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clint's maps remain the breakout stars of the season.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Just listened to the new mbmbam, and maybe it's just because they've only put out like one other episode in the last month or two but I think it's one of the funniest I've heard. Justin's intro, Griffin's a bee, the whole thing about a druid at a club only party, it was peak McElroy content to me.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I would have liked to see a little more forward momentum, but Kardala’s talk about Jesus and his terrible Bible was extremely good.

I also thought Nadia was much better this episode.

Still not sold on the arc, but it is growing on me.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

LOOK NOW HOW THE DEMON BEGS

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

Look, I sincerely hope they sit around and camp for five solid minutes on a livestream properly next time. Never realized it meant so much to you.

As evidenced by . . . my one post about it? I'm just making fun of your bad comparison.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This exchange got a big laugh out of me:

Griffin: "I can either go look at those fans or I can try to help Nadia or Irene out, right?"
Clint: "Your call, it's an RPG."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Norse Code posted:

LOOK NOW HOW THE DEMON BEGS

That line sold me wholeheartedly on Kardala. And then she launches into her adoration for Jesus the Provider’s terrible, scythe-like Bible...

I hope I never tire of Justin’s bombastic weirdo characters.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

What's the song they're using for the TAZ commitment theme?

Griffin original, I'm pretty sure.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
"Heat Rock" by Griffin "30/30" McElroy

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

All the jumbotrons sold out super fast and now folks on twitter are getting super het up about bots that want to propose to their d&d groups on their birthday.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

All the jumbotrons sold out super fast and now folks on twitter are getting super het up about bots that want to propose to their d&d groups on their birthday.

It's amazing to me there is any demand at all for those. If someone ever bought me one I'd never know since I'd skip through it and in the off chance I didn't even a card seems more personal then Griffin reading my name

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

If it's any consolation, at least folks that rabidly into it have found someone and taken them out of the dating pool so you're less likely to accidentally get involved with someone who thinks that complimenting Justin on his weight loss is an aggressive personal attack on people not involved in the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Just dipped into Wonderful! and in the most recent ep, Griffin said he had started going to a therapist for the first time ever. Good for him. I hope it's helpful, and honestly I'm amazed that he managed to spend this long in the public eye without one, because I would have totally lost it ten times over in his position.