Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Carter Page is a national treasure

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/926186618981150725

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

marshmonkey posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/926177168660533253

"Mr. Page, as we have repeatedly indicated - you are free to go."

"No thanks, I'm having fun!"

"Okay, guess what else I am going to reveal"

"Mr. Page, really, we don't have time for this"

"You gotta guessssss!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Manaforts going to die in some Siberian blacksite.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

It would be funny if Trump's entire administration goes down in legal flames while Carter Page strolls through Forrest Gump style.

The irony would be that he gets away because he's in these interviews and just telling the truth, while everyone else is covering up. Not because he's honest, he just can't help bragging about what he's done.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There is absolutely no in-between. He is either rolling on the whole campaign or he has invoked the 5th for every question.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Manaforts going to die in some Siberian blacksite.

lmao if the Russians wanted him dead we'd find his body with a Geiger counter, not in Russia.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

farraday posted:

Carter Page last guest who refuses to leave house party despite hosts indicating repeatedly it’s getting late.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/926186618981150725

"So I says to Mabel, 'Mabel' I says..."

(four hours later)

"FIVE HUNDRED SEVENTY FOUR BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL, FIVE HUNDRED SEVENTY FOUR BOTTLES OF BEEEEER......"

(an hour after that)

"...and my psychic friend told me I was due for some good luck!"

*everyone is dead*

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There is absolutely no in-between. He is either rolling on the whole campaign or he has invoked the 5th for every question.

I really doubt they would keep him that long if they sensed he would just plead the 5th to every question.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Is Carter Page the moron who admitted wrongdoing on TV the other day? Or was that another moron? I'm having trouble keeping track.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
I’m guessing the hearing faved a serious delay after staffers demanded carter Page get an actual lawyer because it was taking too much time for him to get an answer from r/Legaladvice after every question.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
My boss gave me word that Pence was going to be giving a speech or something on Disney World property (Grand Floridian Hotel, maybe?) and that I should leave now and work the rest from home so as to avoid the motorcade. Makes my blood boil that horsefucker is that close to me.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Is Carter Page the moron who admitted wrongdoing on TV the other day? Or was that another moron? I'm having trouble keeping track.

That's the one but Carter Page has been doing this for months. He for some reason refuses to retain a lawyer and keeps speaking to the FBI/Congress without one.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

carter page is trying to fillibuster the investigation

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, that’s the correct moron

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

enraged_camel posted:

Yes, except he has done it repeatedly

I seriously wonder about his mental competence

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Will we get a public transcript

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Will we get a public transcript

yeah, it was one of Page's conditions for testifying

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Your Taint posted:

"So I says to Mabel, 'Mabel' I says..."

(four hours later)

"FIVE HUNDRED SEVENTY FOUR BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL, FIVE HUNDRED SEVENTY FOUR BOTTLES OF BEEEEER......"

(an hour after that)

"...and my psychic friend told me I was due for some good luck!"

*everyone is dead*

"Mr. Page, the filibuster rule does not apply to testimony!"

"Oh, I think you'll find it does apply!"

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

Yes, and the guy who presented a bunch of files that showed his contact with Russia to the FBI and chatted with the FBI voluntarily and with out a lawyer because he just so gosh darn sure everything he did was legal.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

marshmonkey posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/926177168660533253

"Mr. Page, as we have repeatedly indicated - you are free to go."

"No thanks, I'm having fun!"

"When I was six years old I once pooped under the couch and blamed it on my dog."

"A couple of years back I bought a van and drove it around to all of the meals on wheels facilities in the city, filled it up, and stored the whole van in a rented industrial freezer. I haven't paid for a dinner in five years."

"I have, on more than one occasion, hidden in a clothing rack at a department store in order to play with the toys after hours."

"I once convinced my little brother that I was a ghost, and that the only way I could find rest was if he found my burial site. It took twelve hours to get him out of that well."

"Mr. Page, what does any of this have to do with Russia?"

(Carter Page slaps forehead)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

"Sir, you can't filibuster an interview, this isn't even the senate"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

enraged_camel posted:

He's like the guy from The Informant! come to life, except that guy is already a real person. It's all I can think of when he talks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w4pdDkYEAg

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

the talent deficit posted:

yeah, it was one of Page's conditions for testifying

I kind of love this magnificent moron.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Two days later, the Committee calls a press conference

*Visibly sweating* "Wow, okay guys. First of all, everyone is going to jail."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

i am the bird posted:

He also vehemently turned down the option of having an attorney present, from what I recall

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Fart City posted:

"When I was six years old I once pooped under the couch and blamed it on my dog."

"A couple of years back I bought a van and drove it around to all of the meals on wheels facilities in the city, filled it up, and stored the whole van in a rented industrial freezer. I haven't paid for a dinner in five years."

"I have, on more than one occasion, hidden in a clothing rack at a department store in order to play with the toys after hours."

"I once convinced my little brother that I was a ghost, and that the only way I could find rest was if he found my burial site. It took twelve hours to get him out of that well."

"Mr. Page, what does any of this have to do with Russia?"

(Carter Page slaps forehead)

"You guys said to tell you everything!"

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Xae posted:

Yes, and the guy who presented a bunch of files that showed his contact with Russia to the FBI and chatted with the FBI voluntarily and with out a lawyer because he just so gosh darn sure everything he did was legal.

If my math is right Carter Page has now spent more than 24 hours testifying and answerering questions without the advice of a lawyer because he’s just that innocent.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

ReidRansom posted:

What's the angle here though? A lot of these people would have been safe in primaries. Surely they're not developing a conscience.

They have calculated that their chances for ever seeking higher office -- a Senatorship for the Reps, a governorship for the Senators -- hinge on not having the kind of things on their records that a post-2018 Trump presidency might bring, whether that's an impeachment vote, an embarrassing primary loss, or just having to personally stare into the poo poo-eating grin of Speaker Pelosi.

Politicians are like weeds; unless pulled out by the roots, they can lie fallow for a time and spring back up again bigger than ever.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
Carter Page is probably going to inexplicably get out of this absolutely spotless

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

publishko posted:

Carter Page is probably going to inexplicably get out of this absolutely spotless

Maybe he thinks if he is super honest, they'll reward him with the presidency.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

publishko posted:

Lol no he's dead

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

publishko posted:

He's building up for an insanity plea.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

What's the angle here though? A lot of these people would have been safe in primaries. Surely they're not developing a conscience.

If you're actually ideologically driven, and you spend years convincing yourself "If only we controlled all the branches of government, we could finally do the good* stuff I think we should do" and then Trump comes in and fucks up and the R leadership fucks up and everything you try to do fails because Russia and incompetent leadership and everything else, well would it really be worth it? It's the dog catching the car thing.

It's probably actually psychologically hurtful to some of the people there.

*evil

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

publishko posted:

There's like a 50% chance that he's just too dumb to have ever actually been in on any collusion. I mean, he tried, but he kept accidentally colluding with the Belarussian government, because they sound the same and B comes before R on his contact list.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The Goonies remake, starring Carter Page as Chunk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5UG7ISJfP0

i am the bird posted:

It'll have to be distributed as a Blu-Ray 10-Disc Special Edition due to the length.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Kelly posted:

Maybe he thinks if he is super honest, they'll reward him with the presidency.

Maybe he thinks it's like Slumdog Millionaire and the whole thing will end with an elaborate dance sequence

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iZWAsRyQl4

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

He's building up for an insanity plea.

Lawyer: "My client pleads not guilty be reason of mental defect"
Judge: "Are you saying your client is incapable of assisting in his own defense?"
Lawyer: "Fuckin' lol man, check out this 500 page transcript he insisted be published"
Judge: :staredog: Plea Accepted.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Yes, except he has done it repeatedly

I seriously wonder about his mental competence

Maybe that's what he's going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Jesus christ