Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Xander77 posted:

You can sell it right now - and it will (as I understand it) only go down in price as more people complete their contracts.

There's the 7 day trade hold on it, and I'm also locked out from trading because I moved my Steam Guard to a new phone recently. Apparently that places a 15 day block on all trading and Steam Market activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMist
Apr 24, 2005

*sniff sniff*

nielsm posted:

Oh hey that wasn't too hard actually.

Mostly just the slog of doing stupid things for contract bonus objectives.
I'll probably wait for a while before redeeming it or see if it's worth selling. Would be nice with a medigun in that pattern, but I'd rather much have it strange, otherwise it'd just be a downgrade.

that's the reward for completing the Mercenary World contract right? do you need to spend blood money for it too?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Dragon paint may go up if it's never available again. But it might be a rare drop going forward.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

FishMist posted:

that's the reward for completing the Mercenary World contract right? do you need to spend blood money for it too?

No, you just get it as a reward for that contract, along with 250 blood money. It's listed as the only war paint in a collection called Saxton Select, and unlike all the other war paints can only paint a few specific weapons. You just need to pay 20 stars to unlock the contract, and can earn up to 3 stars back from it like all the other contracts, so it effectively costs 17 stars.

My guess would be that they want this paint to be strictly limited to the campaign period, it probably won't become a random drop or come in crates.

On spending blood money, I've mostly spent mine on the ¤100 paint can "crate" but naturally getting almost nothing but Civic Duty. I just don't feel much for any of the paints directly for sale, and there are a few of the rarest you can only uncrate from the paint cans right?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I like the night owl one a lot. It fits my team of modern mercenaries.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Some one posted this in another thread but it's really worth re watching. So many memories. I definitely used that sentry under the map on gravelpit before it was patched and got banned from some random pub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
its hosed beyond belief that the paints generate a new weapon rather than, y'know...painting an existing weapon.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Jose Mengelez posted:

its hosed beyond belief that the paints generate a new weapon rather than, y'know...painting an existing weapon.

That would give problems with special qualities/attachments, like what if you painted a Vintage, would it remain vintage or would it erase that quality? If you could paint a Strange, then strange paints wouldn't be rare. From a business/economy standpoint it's the most sensible thing :(

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
God only knows the technology to store more than one attribute about something one after the other would probably be the final death bell for the engine.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I mean, it’s not a problem with killstreak kits

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
good to see valve are still 100% incompetent at handling cheating

Had an aimbotter who changed his name to someone else's and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to identify which one I'm reporting, since the list on the report screen doesn't show their avatar or anything. when it's difficult to even report people it's no wonder script kiddies are a goddamn plague

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

For some goddamned reason, Dragon Fury flames outright don't register on the Nucleus point.

Also, the contract stars are not interchangeable, but rather are tracked separately for each contract category, which is fantastic.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Felt so good doing the Expert Soldier one with three stars B)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Slime posted:

good to see valve are still 100% incompetent at handling cheating

Had an aimbotter who changed his name to someone else's and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to identify which one I'm reporting, since the list on the report screen doesn't show their avatar or anything. when it's difficult to even report people it's no wonder script kiddies are a goddamn plague

yeah but the heavy got a banana. look at the yeti

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Anyone feels like friending me and helping me check something out ingame?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
sure why not

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

ArfJason posted:

sure why not
Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3K3tFv8D1Q

Thanks Gaben.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 31, 2017

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Bouncy sticky-bombs and jarate jars are fun, but I have to admit I'm not sure about this latest nucleus whimsy.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Can I just rage about these loving skins one more time?

Civic Duty and Civil Servant are poo poo skins and it's all I ever get. Last 10 paint cans unboxed were nothing but those two.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ahh, I remember Backscratchers and Fists of Steel curing me of my crate habit.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Loot boxes are a cancer and I hope it goes away someday but it won't because its being normalized to an entire generation of young gamers. :oldmanshakinghisfistinawheelchairsmilethatimtoolazytolookupinthesmiliesdatabase:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I have a tradition of buying exactly 1 of each new loot box that gets released(If I'm playing at the time) for TF2, and today I unboxed something worth 100$+, welp.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Reiley posted:

Ahh, I remember Backscratchers and Fists of Steel curing me of my crate habit.

strange chargin targe

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Is there a reason why non-factory new dragon slayer paints are listed for way more (on the market) than the factory new versions? I listed a well-worn one I got from the contract yesterday for 15 bucks when they were $6 as a joke and some guy actually bought it. Immediately bought a factory new for 10 bucks and now I'm wondering if I somehow screwed myself over.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If I had to guess it's because the non-factory new ones were only recently changed to be able to spawn so there's less of them

That being said the patch today already reverted it so that they're always factory new and old ones will be changed back so :shrug:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Have net settings in this game ever changed? I was watching an old pyro video of mine and I'm reflecting absolutely everything, staring down a huntsman sniper and killing them, etc. I remember I was bad at first but changed some net settings and got the hang of it and never whiffed again. Now I'm eating poo poo and I don't know if I'm just 6-years older with slower reflexes or what.

Here's what I'm using
code:
rate 80000
cl_cmdrate 33
cl_updaterate 33
cl_interp 0.065
cl_interp_ratio 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime "0.020"
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
net_maxcleartime "0.090"
net_splitpacket_maxrate "45000"
snd_mixahead 0.05
It is good to forget about being airblast master and go back to olde fashioned real pyro. Amazing the difference a modicum of patience and a dose of self-preservation can make. I still don't like the axtinguisher nerf.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
They did just rip out the pyro's airblast detection and rebuild it from the ground up with completely different mechanics and geometry, so that may be throwing you off just a little.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Did they rebuild it entirely or did they just make it so that projectiles now use the same airblast cone hit box that players use, instead of the massive loving box it used to be

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Civic Duty paint is cool af, dont hate pls.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ninjewtsu posted:

Did they rebuild it entirely or did they just make it so that projectiles now use the same airblast cone hit box that players use, instead of the massive loving box it used to be

basically they did that but idk if it's actually the exact same size as the one players use

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think they also changed it so the reflect isn't just "projectile go to crosshairs now," and angles and poo poo are factored in.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

It turns your powerjack into an actual cardboard box :3:

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
The reasons they give for rebalancing weapons (e.g., "it felt too random to players to $X" or "it wasn't possible for a player to know that another player had $Y effect applied") seem so much more horseshitty when you can now make your Powerjack look like a box or your Fish look like an ear of corn.

"We have to make sure every player can quickly and easily understand what's happening to them. This is entirely consistent with giving weapons disguises."

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Another day, another hackusation.

Someone got mad and called me a hacker, then proceeded to suddenly become a REALLY good sniper despite playing like loving dogshit the entire round prior. I tested him and he hit me through cloak after I made /very certain/ I didn't bump or shimmer. And of course like a goddamn buffoon he shot me.

I got him so mad about my 'hacks' that he resorted to hacking.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

A lot of hackers around lately. Do they come in waves? Got three hackers in three consecutive games. The last one went on about Jews, so either he took a look at my profile, or that's just his thing. Just goes to show that if you're scum in one way, you're probably scum in general.

I do have wonder what it takes for a pub team to actually kick someone. Isn't it great that you can't kick someone on the other team?

I love, love, LOVE how you can't actually war-paint weapons, only create a new normal painted weapon, which means that you can't actually paint any of the weapons that matter to you. Wait, did I say "love"? I meant, "hate, who the gently caress even comes up with these stupid ideas", obviously.

Isn't it great that the pyro jetpack has such a long weapon switch delay that you can neither run from fights nor dive-bomb people? It didn't need either of those drawbacks, and it certainly would have been slightly underpowered with just one.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
After actually having given the new flamethrower time to shake out

it's loving stupid

so loving stupid

i can walk up to loving sentries and murder it and the engineer behind it and the rest of his loving team too

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
good

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Xander77 posted:

A lot of hackers around lately. Do they come in waves?
Hackers have been pretty prevalent for the past year. The real humans at Valve have forgotten about this game, but that's old news!

Anyways, here's a simu-kill

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sanctum posted:

Hackers have been pretty prevalent for the past year. The real humans at Valve have forgotten about this game, but that's old news!

Anyways, here's a simu-kill

That picture is just TF2 names.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

bootleg tf2 fireworks