Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

And that's it for the bill, right?

No he is holding out for a kickback for Florida and just going public with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Don't you ever underestimate the republicans tendency to bend at the knee

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

If Rubio hates it it can't get 50, maybe can't get 40.

Dude above saying he wants a kickback or amendment is right though, it's not dead dead, it's just starting to be carved apart.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Yeah this tax bill is screwed.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Teddybear posted:

Rubio will make a bit of noise and then get back into line without receiving anything in return. He does this.

I think Collins was already out though, since it also axed the estate tax. And surely there are others who just didn't want to be first to oppose it.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/926140636306186240

https://twitter.com/lolgop/status/926202521223401472

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'll admit I've looked away from Congress for the past seven or so hours since the bill was introduced, so if there's been major defections I've not paid close enough attention.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I don't know if I'm more elated that Mueller is starting to cut a path through the swamp into the heart of darkness, or that the GOP may fail spectacularly at every major thing they wanted out of their three-part control.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

"Reporter"

Also I love how the Vegas shooting is a hoax but the attack in New York was definitely real, nbd.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Hitler would be 128.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

GreyjoyBastard posted:

If Rubio hates it it can't get 50, maybe can't get 40.

Dude above saying he wants a kickback or amendment is right though, it's not dead dead, it's just starting to be carved apart.

yeah, and if the leadership gives Rubio what he wants, they'll have to take even more away from the rich to pay for a higher child credit, and then you start to lose the "this poo poo isn't evil enough" votes.

They might still pass some dinky little temporary tax cut just to have SOME kind of a win to campaign on for 2018, but a massive tax reform is looking more and more unlikely.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Hitler would be 128.

gorilla sperm dude.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Your Taint posted:

Honestly asking, but isn't one of the often cited causes for the rise of Naziism is how hard Germany got hosed by the Treaty of Versailles?

I want to note that I'm not saying we'd have been better off if Germany had won WW1, btw.

Honestly, my griping is far more to do with the notion of alt-history. People tend to grossly simplify history into something incredibly simple where changing one variable inherently changes everything else.

History isn't like that. There's almost an incalculable amount of variables that determine the course of history. poo poo happens; the World is weird.

If people want to write such fictional tales, well, that's up to them. I'm just a grouch who finds the genre of "alt-history" irksome, simplified bilge that serves to create fantasy lands to serve the writer's proclivities.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

ReidRansom posted:

RIP Tax Cuts & Jobs Act, we hardly knew ye

Nah, he just wants to kick back for Florida.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Hitler would be 128.

All of the video games where Hitler is a major antagonist, whether through rituals, ancient magic or by becoming a robot were warnings to us...

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Tir McDohl posted:

All of the video games where Hitler is a major antagonist, whether through rituals, ancient magic or by becoming a robot were warnings to us...

That the vegetarians were right all along.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Zoro posted:

Nah, he just wants to kick back for Florida.

And if he gets it, what will every other Republican senator want?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

HappyHippo posted:

And if he gets it, what will every other Republican senator want?

Who cares, if they Give A Mouse A Cookie this for long enough then the bill will die horribly.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Who cares, if they Give A Mouse A Cookie this for long enough then the bill will die horribly.

That's my point

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/926202676827869186

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This man doesn't just have no spine, he somehow has the opposite of the spine, and he's already opposing it? lol

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Really though it just underscores how ineffective the Republican's "strategy" of imposing made-up deadlines on themselves is. It doesn't solve their underlying differences at all, as we saw with the healthcare bill.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Man they are so hosed it's insane

Caros
May 14, 2008

Tir McDohl posted:

Ernest Kline's 'Hitler'.

Coming soon.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lordy, I hope there are tapes.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Only if they have piss.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Hitler would be 128.

His age is actually a lie fed to us by the government, he is a healthy man in his eighties right now :tinfoil:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Google Butt posted:

Man they are so hosed it's insane

This is unraveling surprisingly quickly.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I want with all my heart so terribly to stuff Kushner into a locker.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Man, add a small amount of makeup and Jared would look like a ghoul from a zombie flick.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This is pretty much because "diversity" is a dirty word to conservatives right? Like if the visa program was called anything else, Trump wouldn't be making such a stink of it.

Pebble and the Penguin
Sep 9, 2010

You're going out there a silly, hysterical, screaming queen, but you're coming back a great, big, passing-for-straight Broadway star!
http://wlos.com/news/nation-world/energy-chief-perry-fossil-fuels-can-prevent-sexual-assault

quote:

Perry said Thursday that using fossil fuels to power electricity can help villages in Africa and other developing regions. He said during a recent visit to Africa, a young girl told him electricity was important to her because she has to read by the light of a fire with noxious fumes.

Speaking at an event sponsored by Axios and NBC News, Perry said electricity also was important "from the standpoint of sexual assault. When the lights are on, when you have light that shines the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts."

I've read some poo poo tonight, gang. :yikes:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Gortarius posted:

Man, add a small amount of makeup and Jared would look like a ghoul from a zombie flick.

It's funny you should say that, because that's what they were going for originally.

Here is an early Jared prototype: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD_NdnYrDzY

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Teddybear posted:

Their owner, Joe Ricketts-- same shitlord that owns the Chicago Cubs and is a Trump fetishist-- decided to shut them down abruptly within the last hour, including deleting their entire archives, ensuring that not only do the authors not have jobs anymore, they no longer have an online body of work to show future employers.

A certain website did this to me.

They should literally hang this guy in the street.

or alternatively:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Ah that makes sense.

At any rate it's amazing how much fundraising the sitting president of the United States feels that he needs to do.

He's always been open about how he sees the campaign and his presidency as a way to make money.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Is there some kind of mercury leak on the hill or something? Their brains must be rotting.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Koalas March posted:

A certain website did this to me.

They should literally hang this guy in the street.

or alternatively:

What website?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

gret posted:

This is pretty much because "diversity" is a dirty word to conservatives right? Like if the visa program was called anything else, Trump wouldn't be making such a stink of it.
It makes it a useful pivot point from attacking illegal immigrants to attacking all immigrants, yes. But if it hadn't been this, Trump would have found something else.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Zoro posted:

What website?

Not anything big. I wrote for The Geekly Planet right after it launched. I was dealing with my mental health and was super honest about it and quit. When I got better a few months (?) later I looked at LinkedIn and all my articles were gone.

edit: I also got hosed by Black Enterprise but apparently they treat all their writers like poo poo.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Hopefully most of the stories were archived by the internet archive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/NikkiSchwab/status/926208628360667136

President lamenting an inability to personally direct government investigations of political rivals.

• Locked thread