Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Aren't you required to set up an emergency warning triangle way before the car in cases like this though? At least that's the law in a lot of European countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

I am not an Airsoft person, but what I can glean from the comments is: Airsoft teams have patches, like a unit patch in the army. The kid getting shot had a falling out with his team and posted a video wherein he burned his patch. The dude doing the shooting is a member of said team and apparently decided this was an appropriate response.

I've read a lot of the comments, and it totally was an appropriate response because they were at the airsoft arena. Much like how football players always have to watch their back from being tackled as soon as they get to the football field.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Palpek posted:

Aren't you required to set up an emergency warning triangle way before the car in cases like this though? At least that's the law in a lot of European countries.

you are, however there's no shoulder on the far side of the roadway, and the breakdown is in the fastest(outside) lane

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Was that car made out of petrol and firelighters?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Palpek posted:

I don't think that would have helped, since that driver had ample time to switch lanes and instead decided to barrel into a parked car in broad daylight.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Were the hazard lights on?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sunswipe posted:

The swerve from the white SUV honestly might have made things worse from that point of view. Having a full frontal impact as opposed to putting one of your chassis rails into the fuel tank might have avoided the rupture.

But the white SUV was moving pretty loving fast, so maybe there was no avoiding it.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Jamfrost posted:

Were the hazard lights on?

I think they were. It's clearer if you look at the one on the right of the image.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Memento posted:

The swerve from the white SUV honestly might have made things worse from that point of view. Having a full frontal impact as opposed to putting one of your chassis rails into the fuel tank might have avoided the rupture.

But the white SUV was moving pretty loving fast, so maybe there was no avoiding it.
the second-prior response to the crash would indicate the driver wasn't looking at the road until that point

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

Dramatic moment lorry trailer packed full of AEROSOLS explodes with giant flames that spark and bang as cans erupt in front of shocked M1 motorists

Happened yesterday

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/CplxSimplicity/status/925882376663830528

ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Sometimes people do dumb things. I decided not to go to a concert last week for my favorite solo artist, and I found out I made the right choice: in San Antonio, he just up and decided that he was tired of performing and drove home. All the way back to Seattle.

Didn't even finish the tour. He put up an apology on Facebook to the East Coast for not showing up, but that's it. I understood why he wanted to retire early (he's spent almost his whole adult life recording and touring and he's barely even gotten to raise his son), but I don't get just abandoning your tour in the middle of it and going home. If you're gonna commit, commit.

At least he said he's finishing the album he's working on instead of leaving that half done, but he says he's done with making music for now and is just going to run his record company and merchandise business.

Who is this? I know several touring solo artists from Seattle and I'm hoping it's not my favorite either!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ThatGirlAtThatShow posted:

Who is this? I know several touring solo artists from Seattle and I'm hoping it's not my favorite either!

av/post

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

NOT MACKLEMORE

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wil Francis, performing as William Control after disbanding Aiden. He was touring with Motionless in White.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I think that raccoon is dead and somebody it tossing it. :(

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Applesnots posted:

It moves its arm when it flies.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Applesnots posted:

It's just a Toss Bear.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Inspector Gesicht posted:

sir this is a dead racoon.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Inspector Gesicht posted:

They just kinda flop.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

https://www.apnews.com/44f22ca8245441f9993ca76b894b8919/Child-sex-offenders-to-be-named-as-such-in-US-passports

quote:

The State Department said Wednesday it would begin revoking passports of registered child sex offenders and will require them to apply for a new one that carries a “unique identifier” of their status. Those applying for a passport for the first time will not be issued one without the identifier, which will be a notice printed inside the back cover of the passport book that reads: “The bearer was convicted of a sex offense against a minor, and is a covered sex offender pursuant to (U.S. law).”

The news cycle this week has been delicious.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...Context?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

http://nypost.com/2017/11/01/roommate-from-hells-sick-sabotage-involved-bloody-tampons-licked-utensils/

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Awful person does awful things, gets caught

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Awful person does awful things, POSTS PUBLICLY ON INSTAGRAM ABOUT AWFUL THINGS, gets caught.
You have to include the best part.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh I never actually read the article, I didn't want to spike my blood pressure.

Some good poo poo.

https://twitter.com/TwitterGov/status/926238960594178048

https://twitter.com/pierce/status/926222729660862464

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBLH8qvaIFg

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
So apparently House of Cards being binned is because Netflix did some investigating and learned Mr Spacey was being a piece of poo poo to his fellow actors for the show.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

why dont they lower the road

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Man, they really oughta just raise that bridge!

It happened again in my town a couple weeks ago. We're up to a couple a year now. Apparently no one has had the business sense to point cameras at it, though.

edit: just now noticing the two-fer

walrusman has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Nov 3, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kanish posted:

why dont they lower the road

Sewers under the road that would be $$$$$ to fix.

They did a study to improve the RR crossings in the area and that one was actually listed as lowest priority because well, there's only been one minor injury if you don't count the insane number of bruised egos.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

sir this is a dead racoon.

It's probably pining for the dumpsters.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bar Crow posted:

It's probably pining for the dumpsters.

pining for the dumpsters!

what kind of poo poo is that.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I think it's safe to say that this bridge has gotten its mojo back. The new warning signs aren't working quite as well as predicted.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This just made my whole day.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

At some point you'd think the moving companies would get sick of replacing the boxes and dealing with insurance. I dunno, put a receiver in your trucks and put a transmitter near the bridge to scream out not to go under it.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

2 passengers were taken to the hospital with minor injuries...

THE BRIDGE HAS TASTED BLOOD AND WANTS MORE!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Queering Wheel posted:

I think it's safe to say that this bridge has gotten its mojo back. The new warning signs aren't working quite as well as predicted.

Agreed. I lust for truck destruction, this is a good thing.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Is that the only street to that part of town or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

I like that the guy was so focused on running the light that he didn't see the signs at all.