Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kelp Plankton posted:

Why isn't Giovanni's kid in the Rainbow Rockets actually

He'd be the Gen 2 rep since there isn't a real one for that

What's the deal

He spent the entire game loudly stating that he hated his dad and is determined to destroy Team Rocket to get back at him for being a crappy father. Also, nobody even remembers the losers in charge of Team Rocket's plan to beg Giovanni to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

please give accelerock to something good

UB Assembly

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Assembly will almost certainly not be good purely off its typing

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Countblanc posted:

Assembly will almost certainly not be good purely off its typing

I'm sure a lot of people said that about Kartana too.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
and they'd be stupid for having done so after two gens of ferrothorn

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

What's the deal

He hates his Dad and wants to beat him up.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hustlin Floh posted:

MORE BREAKING NEWS

At the beginning of the game you will be able to choose from three different pokemon to start your journey: an owl, a kitten, and a turd.

Eddie Whitson posted:

The turd is named Pooplio

Do I have to post a bunch of fanart again

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

cheetah7071 posted:

Do I have to post a bunch of fanart again

That's ok, I'm still retching from the last time you did.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

post cubone fanart

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

less laughter posted:

That's ok, I'm still retching from the last time you did.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The plot of this game seems absolutely batshit.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The fingergun girl is so loving cool

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

CuddlyZombie posted:

The fingergun girl is so loving cool

I like her. It's kind of rare to see girls portrayed as "goofy" but not manic pixie dream girls.

Also, in regards to the trailer: holy poo poo.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Alright, OP updated with all the cool poo poo, hope there's more to come, but I also hope GF doesn't reveal every little thing in the game.

As a refresher, here's all the version exclusives.

ULTRA SUN EXCLUSIVE

Solgaleo, Dusk Mane Necrozma, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Turtonator, Cranidos, Rampardos, Tirtouga, Carracosta (fossils can be traded to the other version and revived), Rufflet, Braviary, Passimian, Houndour, Houndoom, Cottonee, Whimsicott, UB Burst, UB02 Buzzwole, UB04 Kartana, event Rockruff comes with Fire Fang, Dulse and Zossie are given more focus.

Through Ultra Wormholes: Raikou, Ho-oh, Latios, Groudon, Dialga, Heatran, Tornadus, Reshiram, Xerneas.

ULTRA MOON EXCLUSIVE

Lunala, Dawn Wings Necrozma, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Sandslash, Drampa, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Archen, Archeops (fossils can be traded to the other version and revived), Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Oranguru, Electrike, Manectric, Petilil, Lilligant, UB Assembly, UB02 Pheromosa, UB04 Celesteela, event Rockruff comes with Thunder Fang, Soliera and Phyco are given more focus.

Through Ultra Wormholes: Entei, Lugia, Latias, Kyogre, Palkia, Regigigas, Thundurus, Zekrom, Yveltal.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
What is a decent set of games to cover as much of the dex as possible?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wish Pyroar was cooler, because litleo is a real charmer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
beautiful

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

theSpokeyDokey posted:

What is a decent set of games to cover as much of the dex as possible?

Honestly, despite their flaws, XY is great for this. They have most of the 'dex up to that point, and most of what's missing is just legendaries and starters.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Nebby's New Groove

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
This official news gives a little more credence to the possibility of Alolan Oddish , in which case I went from "not at all hype" to "extremely hype".

I love that little guy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xander B Coolridge posted:

This official news gives a little more credence to the possibility of Alolan Oddish

why's that?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

why's that?

One of leaks that said there would be one also called Rainbow Rocket which seems specific enough to give it a lot of credence.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
If anyone needs one I have a Marshadow code (US) us for grabs. Tell me why your favorite pokemon is the best and it's yours. Be creative.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Electric Phantasm posted:

One of leaks that said there would be one also called Rainbow Rocket which seems specific enough to give it a lot of credence.

ah ok I found it. unfortunately there's basically little else in said leak but neat I guess.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Having just one extra alolan form would be pretty weird though, so we can probably expect at least one more.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
If it only evolves Alolan Vileplume while Bellossom gets shafted there'll be hell to pay though

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Bellosum is already just Johto form Vileplume. Victrebel should get the form instead. :colbert:

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Dexie posted:

Honestly, despite their flaws, XY is great for this. They have most of the 'dex up to that point, and most of what's missing is just legendaries and starters.

Awesome username/post combo. Thanks for the info.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

less laughter posted:

If it only evolves Alolan Vileplume while Bellossom gets shafted there'll be hell to pay though

Alternate take: Alolan Gloom evolves into Bellossom by level up, but only evolves into Vileplume via moon stone.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

This official news gives a little more credence to the possibility of Alolan Oddish , in which case I went from "not at all hype" to "extremely hype".

I love that little guy.

Or even better, Alolan Bellsprout.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I said it in ORAS and I say it again, someone in GF's really knows what people didn't want but needed, what between riding a Giant rear end Dragon into SPACE and headbutting a meteor into oblivion and now Legion of Doom Rocket. I want to believe the same guy is responsible for both of those decisions.

A little bummed down that ORAS' Archie and Maxie's designs were among the few cool things ORAS did and they are not part of this timeline :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Moon continues to have slightly-worse exclusives for everything except the box legendary, which is a million times better. Probably just gonna bank in a vulpix egg and play in ultra moon so nebby can evolve into its true destiny

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

less laughter posted:

How much more loving Alolan can Bellossom get?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PSWII60 posted:

If anyone needs one I have a Marshadow code (US) us for grabs. Tell me why your favorite pokemon is the best and it's yours. Be creative.

Popplio cause it seems like some Jokers in this thread have got this idea that Popplio is bad when it is actually good.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Beachcomber posted:

How much more loving Alolan can Bellossom get?

Give it Coconut bra, and change it's ability to Shell Armor

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kelp Plankton posted:

What's the deal

Gold and Silver got married

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Popplio cause it seems like some Jokers in this thread have got this idea that Popplio is bad when it is actually good.

I like it. Are you in the discord or should I email it to you so someone doesn't snipe it? I didn't see any PM button.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gold and Silver got married

And they had a beautiful daughter named Electrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm sorry but

this is what happened to Crystal and Gold