Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tunicate posted:

I didn't realize they were allowed to show that sort of wanking in a family paper.

I envy you your ability to forget that 9 Chickweed Lane exists.

Aardmania posted:

9 Workplace Harassment Lawsuits

This is so transparently Brooke realizing, "My other characters can't watch them gently caress if they're in a different country! And my boner gets soft if the other characters don't watch them gently caress! Having them skype themselves loving to their parents doesn't get me hard anymore!! What do I do????"

Also I guess the cello lady is asking her employees in the first panel to give her a handjob? Ok.

imgur is taking a nap right now, so Luann later. I assure you, it's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Nekonaughey

Since people are digging Nekonaughey, I'll mention that the e-book is easy to buy and dirt cheap, especially if you use the coupon code for new members, which knocks off half the price. The strips are mostly wordless, so you don't even need to know Japanese to enjoy most of the book.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Angular Cyrus posted:

Since people are digging Nekonaughey, I'll mention that the e-book is easy to buy and dirt cheap, especially if you use the coupon code for new members, which knocks off half the price. The strips are mostly wordless, so you don't even need to know Japanese to enjoy most of the book.

Do you need to use their app to read it?

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

Mercury Hat posted:

Do you need to use their app to read it?

Only if you want it on mobile, you can just read it in a browser on your computer.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

gently caress how have I never noticed that his reflection actually boards the bus in panel 3 before

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The thing about people who have a "No Killing" rule is that, sometimes that bites you in the rear end.
If Modesty had offed El Toro and the others, well, probably wouldn't have them chasing her now.
Plus, sure you rescued the girls but whoops you really pissed off a big bandit gang that is sure to cause alot of trouble in the area over this.
Not that YOU would care, you'll be gone before that happens.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Johnny Aztec posted:

The thing about people who have a "No Killing" rule is that, sometimes that bites you in the rear end.
If Modesty had offed El Toro and the others, well, probably wouldn't have them chasing her now.
Plus, sure you rescued the girls but whoops you really pissed off a big bandit gang that is sure to cause alot of trouble in the area over this.
Not that YOU would care, you'll be gone before that happens.

But if you kill them, their children will take a revenge on you.

ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013

I kind of want a strip of THIS guy...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

This kid's gonna be all right.

Mark Trail

I'm sure that parachute will be very useful in this storm with high winds and a funnel cloud forming.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

:lol:

Rex Morgan MD

I think you mean "No--I think this will do...FOR NOW. MWAH-HA-HA-HA!"

Apartment 3-G

I don't know how these women put up with any of these guys.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

:notch: :sever:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Oh, and I still haven't seen Casablanca."

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Zits

Reply All

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

This kid's gonna be all right.

Baby food for adults.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Angular Cyrus posted:

I feel like I need to know Japanese to use this website to order it :ohdear:

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

sweeperbravo posted:

I feel like I need to know Japanese to use this website to order it :ohdear:

They have an English version of the site. You'll still have to go to the Japanese version to add the book into your cart, since I guess the English language one only surfaces titles that have been translated for whatever reason, but the signup and checkout processes will be in English.

e: In retrospect, I guess this process just seemed easy to me because one time I wanted to buy a cd from Japanese Tower Records, and I would've had to sign up to two different sites and provide a scan of a piece of identification.

Angular Cyrus fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 3, 2017

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Angular Cyrus posted:

They have an English version of the site. You'll still have to go to the Japanese version to add the book into your cart, since I guess the English language one only surfaces titles that have been translated for whatever reason, but the signup and checkout processes will be in English.

e: In retrospect, I guess this process just seemed easy to me because one time I wanted to buy a cd from Japanese Tower Records, and I would've had to sign up to two different sites and provide a scan of a piece of identification.

They must get this a lot because I just found a nice walk-through on their site about buying Japanese books: https://global.bookwalker.jp/info-purchase/

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

Phoebe

Baldo

I'm glad that Baldo has such a healthy relationship with this 36-year-old librarian.

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace

Curtis

Baby Blues

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Evil Mastermind posted:

"Oh, and I still haven't seen Casablanca."

Then he finds out that Iris has never played Zelda and who's the uncultured swine now?!

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

Pop Team Epic

Kitty Tonight

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Haifisch posted:

This is somehow more gross than when Brooke spends a week with "AND THEN THEY ALL hosed" strips.

Sorry, I'm gonna defend Reddick's "we didn't rip-off Family Guy's characters! Honest!" comic. At least they're beyond hand holding at this point. He may not know how to draw kissing, but at least his characters have only one normal-sized row of teeth. It's cartoonishly dumb writing but at least some effort was put in beyond Brooke's "let's just gently caress in front of an audience" strips.

Brooke is the other extreme where every couple knows each other intimately and in public within minutes of meeting each other. We know almost nothing about what the other couples talk about with each other other than when they can have more sex so we don't really know what they see in each other other than obviously superficial physical lust. It's not really a comic anymore but rather a fetish strip for his obsession with public sex (with lampreys).

Holy Crap! Her dwarfism is getting worse and she's using a coffee mug as a prosthetic hand!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
GoComics appears to be down for the moment.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Modesty doesn't even have a "no killing" rule, she just seems to decide on a case-by-case basis whether she'll kill someone and isn't very consistent about her reasons.

I miss Onion's quotation marks.

mastersord posted:

Sorry, I'm gonna defend Reddick's "we didn't rip-off Family Guy's characters! Honest!" comic. At least they're beyond hand holding at this point. He may not know how to draw kissing, but at least his characters have only one normal-sized row of teeth. It's cartoonishly dumb writing but at least some effort was put in beyond Brooke's "let's just gently caress in front of an audience" strips.
Like I said before, 9CL used to be like this too. Just give it time.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Am I imagining it or did Curtis used to have a different (male) friend before this kid with the heart t shirt?

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

dismas posted:

Am I imagining it or did Curtis used to have a different (male) friend before this kid with the heart t shirt?

There's Gunk, the kid from Flyspeck Island.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

Old New Yorker Cartoons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z6g_4Jw6Ug

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (September 4-5, 1930)

Peanuts (November 18-19, 1970)

Les Moore's Book Toore

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 3-6, 1930)

Thimble Theater (May 22-23, 1931)

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So I'm up to 1967 in my suicidal attempt to read all of Peanuts.

Current thoughts: THIS COMIC IS loving WEIRD!

Anyways here are the highlights for Jul-Aug 1951. Fewer milestones this time around but the comic continues to be entertaining:

In the (belated) spirit of Halloween.

I really love that bitching about "the kids these days" has literally always been a thing.

Fun fact: Before Charlie Brown sucked at baseball he sucked at golf (and occasionally croquet).

Again, loving that CB's relationships with the other characters are more complex than later on. It's not simply a case of everyone irrationally hating him all the time.

Early Snoopy is adorable and far superior to late Snoopy imo.

A comic which perfectly sums up why Snoopy descends into madness as the series progresses. Clearly a dog doesn't function well when you use science to give it human intelligence.

I checked. This is actually the first time that word is used.

Baby Schroeder is kind of a dick.

Schulz's habit of telling the same joke over and over with minor changes is a thing even early on. It's nowhere near as annoying as it gets later though.

First appearance of the shirt Schroeder will wear for the next 49 years.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is a rare drop.

Working Daze missed a prime opportunity for a FAPPO.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is out of the freezing pan, into the fire.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

nice

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

dismas posted:

Heartthrob's been in it for a long time. Curtis has more than one friend.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
:barf: Intelligent Life :barf:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

readingatwork posted:

Fun fact: Before Charlie Brown sucked at baseball he sucked at golf (and occasionally croquet).

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/926236258573185025

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Strontium posted:

:barf: Intelligent Life :barf:

Never mind the Corinthian, now there's a nightmare.

also way to give away the visual punchline

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Seriously, someone tell me what script I need to run so I never have to see that loving thing in this thread again.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Shut the gently caress up Big Nate, Halloween was three days ago

• Locked thread