Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

what i've learned from the post-mortems on 2016 is that nobody is responsible for 2016. everyone knew what was wrong, but it was someone else's fault.

also hillary clinton bad. bernie good. i tried to warn them that the polling was wrong but it didn't work because of reasons.

please buy my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

also hillary clinton bad. bernie good.
an odd direction for hillary's book to take

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The racist elf and trump are simply not competent enough to navigate this and it's dope as hell

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Endorph posted:

an odd direction for hillary's book to take

i thought that it was pretty conventional compared to the chapter that was just the words "full communism now" repeated for twenty pages.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What I've learned from 2016-onwards is that a surprisingly large amount of Gringos are apparently self-destructive.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pizza Chat
https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/926238595412905985

https://twitter.com/funnyordie/status/925867739540889600

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Google Butt posted:

The racist elf and trump are simply not competent enough to navigate this and it's dope as hell

It speaks volumes of Sessions that there is a good chance he was willing to sell out his country so he could poo poo on anyone who isn't a Christian, Straight, White male.

That is a powerful hate.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I'm going to confess something

In no way do I understand this new Hillary scandal and I read brazile's article

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

From what I understand, Hillary's fundraising agreement with the DNC basically made it so her campaign was propping them up...thus inducing them to give her more favorable treatment.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong in this assessment.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I think I understand the controversy, I just don't understand why it loving matters anymore. Add it onto the pile of reasons you can point to that contributed to Hillary losing.

Man I cannot even begin to imagine the daily bombardment of "scandals" we'd be seeing from the media if Hillary had actually won.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Xae posted:

It speaks volumes of Sessions that there is a good chance he was willing to sell out his country so he could poo poo on anyone who isn't a Christian, Straight, White male.

That is a powerful hate.

He did that

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I understand the controversy, I just don't understand why it loving matters anymore. Add it onto the pile of reasons you can point to that contributed to Hillary losing.

Demoralizes democratic base right before an election?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think I understand the controversy, I just don't understand why it loving matters anymore. Add it onto the pile of reasons you can point to that contributed to Hillary losing.

Man I cannot even begin to imagine the daily bombardment of "scandals" we'd be seeing from the media if Hillary had actually won.

It doesn't matter unless you are a republican or salty Bernie fan that still honestly thinks He Would Have Won.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Xae posted:

That is a powerful hate.

it was really interesting to watch Sessions' seething hatred and contempt bubble to the surface and break his southern aristocratic gentleman facade every time he was question by someone in the Senate who didn't heap praise on him or deigned to question his integrity.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Go to the uspol thread. They will yell at you.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Alter Ego posted:

From what I understand, Hillary's fundraising agreement with the DNC basically made it so her campaign was propping them up...thus inducing them to give her more favorable treatment.

The three main assertions are:

That Obama and more directly DWS mismanaged the DNC.

That Hillary, in rescuing the DNC from bankruptcy, took over control for it.

And that Hillary was taking money from downballot races and starved the local and state-level candidates.

Insofar as I understand it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Demoralizes democratic base right before an election?

Is this really going to demoralize anyone who was actually going to go out and vote in the first place? Especially considering that Hillary isn't even involved.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

bird cooch posted:

Go to the uspol thread. They will yell at you.

Never

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Alter Ego posted:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong in this assessment.

That's what Brazile said, but also Bernie signed a joint funding agreement with the DNC, he just never utilized it, so idk

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

publishko posted:

it was really interesting to watch Sessions' seething hatred and contempt bubble to the surface and break his southern aristocratic gentleman facade every time he was question by someone in the Senate who didn't heap praise on him or deigned to question his integrity.

I bet he looked like a tiny kitten trying to be fierce

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Who was the Goon involved in the Virginia gubernatorial race? I literally can't remember his name because I'm stupid. :(

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

publishko posted:

Harris clearly had him rattled.

Probably 50/50 on if it was because he had to be questioned by an AA women or if she was on to something.

Or both?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who was the Goon involved in the Virginia gubernatorial race? I literally can't remember his name because I'm stupid. :(

Your Boy Fancy, I haven't seen him post today.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Deteriorata posted:

The fundraising stuff was a point of argument during the primary and isn't even news.

yeah this was common knowledge during the primary. her suddenly trying to act like it was some big surprise is the biggest load of horseshit this year and given that it's 2017 that's a big pile of horseshit

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

aware of dog posted:

That's what Brazile said, but also Bernie signed a joint funding agreement with the DNC, he just never utilized it, so idk

If he had his money would have been going to Clinton ironically enough

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is this really going to demoralize anyone who was actually going to go out and vote in the first place? Especially considering that Hillary isn't even involved.

I don't know. I certainly think it could. Especially the reluctant DSA/Bernie-leaning democrats*.

*People that vote Democrat, not registered members of the party.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Your Boy Fancy, I haven't seen him post today.

Yes thank you.

Where are you Fancy? I hope things aren't melting down.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just feel sorry for him. He put all that effort in just for centrists to gently caress him over. The story of every leftist in America, really.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

This is seems Trumps hail Mary to.. Distract Mueller or something? Lmao

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Zoro posted:

I just feel sorry for him. He put all that effort in just for centrists to gently caress him over. The story of every leftist in America, really.

Northam is still most likely going to win so I don't know if he would consider himself hosed over. Maybe morally I guess.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Xae posted:

Harris' clearly had him rattled.

Probably 50/50 on if it was because he had to be questioned by an AA women or if she was on to something.

Or both?

from what I remember during one of his hearings she was about to nail him about being in contempt of congress because he wouldn't specifically say that executive privilege had been invoked regarding his conversations with Trump but he still refused to disclose them because Trump might invoke it at a later date or some other bullshit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

People who were bernie-lifers weren't voting for Northam anyway, especially not after the past couple of days.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I hate what happened to Bernie, but he wasn't a Democrat and only put a D next to his name long enough to get through the convention before immediately switched back to an Independent. The Democratic Party owed nothing to him and it sounds like he didn't even want to work closer with them.

Hillary was always going to be the candidate no matter how boring or controversial she was (two qualities that are very hard to pull off together). It was her turn.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

People who were bernie-lifers weren't voting for Northam anyway, especially not after the past couple of days.

I always get weirded out when people post stuff like this that seems a lot like really biased propaganda. Over 90% of bernie voters went for hillary. There is no reason to think they wouldn't vote for the dem candidate in a special election. It just seems like you're trying to push anti-bernie sentiments at the slightest provocation to me.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fancy rear end Ho

(Your Boy Fancy)

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

With it happening so close to ~November 4th~ I wonder what the chances are of Alex Jones dildoing the gently caress out about Trump's twitter deactivation by human error as a "test run for silencing the voice of democracy" or whatever. It feels like it's got the right making for the conspiracy poo poo soup that Donnie just loves slurping down.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Northam is still most likely going to win so I don't know if he would consider himself hosed over. Maybe morally I guess.

This is going to demoralize the gently caress out of people. Staying home is why Republicans win and democrats lose and they just got their weapon from a centrist trying to make a quick buck, as usual.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

highme posted:

Fancy rear end Ho

(Your Boy Fancy)

FAH was too pure for this cruel world

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Zoro posted:

This is going to demoralize the gently caress out of people. Staying home is why Republicans win and democrats lose and they just got their weapon from a centrist trying to make a quick buck, as usual.

I think youre overstating how much this matters since again, Hillary isn't involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Zoro posted:

Toxx it

• Locked thread