Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM #ad📢

Everything Ive planned/bought for my wifes birthday/ten year wedding anniversary has gone fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Got the good news that my apartment is ready a couple days early and I can pick up keys tomorrow! :woop: Already have movers scheduled to come in and pick up the big furniture on Thursday (official move-in date), been packing all my stuff in plastic 20 gallon totes, now I can get things moving faster tomorrow after work :) All the utilities are set for transfer on Thursday, plus I've got a local furniture place delivering a new queen mattress set so I'll be able to sleep more comfortably once I'm all settled in. Can't wait to get in the new place - first floor, right by the pool/clubhouse, has an in-unit washer/dryer, brand new kitchen counters and flooring, and they just put new carpet in last week.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I recently had the realization that I may have lost this piece of writing I'd been working on for years. My computer was broken by an angry roommate a while back, my art tablet took a poo poo, and I've moved a ton in the past six months and can't find my jump drives.

I found the files on another tablet and I don't remember saving them there. I am so happy and relieved!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Everyone I voted for in the civil election won.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I'm in love, and so is she.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have tried to teach my mom how to use emoji, but she's sixty-eight years old and it hasn't really stuck.

I got a text from her late last night that said "imogee heart and smiley face"

:kimchi:

At least she can text, my 71 year old mom still insists on email. And she won't use facebook either so I still get chain mails.

GOD, MOM

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't think this really applies, since it's stupid and little, but we don't have a thread for stupid little things:

When I was a kid, and shouldn't have been, I listened to Loveline, with Adam and Drew. Adam, for some reason, had a Crown Royal bag around the base of his microphone, which he called the Crown Royal Nut Sack.

Fast forward to today, having never bought Crown Royal or anything. I'm at a bar having lunch, while they are doing some booze restocking. Among the bottles is one Crown Royal. As the restocker is about to throw away the bag, he asks if I want it, which I do.

Like, rationally, its a cheap pointless bag that I don't have much of a need for. But the sentimental/nostalgic part of me is just thrilled to actually own my own Crown Royal Nut Sack.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I went poopy

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I managed to get through two DuoLingo Russian practice sessions without having to stop and look up words. Helped make up for the rest of the day.

Великий!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

At least she can text, my 71 year old mom still insists on email. And she won't use facebook either so I still get chain mails.

GOD, MOM

My mom isn't yet that old but she's better with computers and electronics than she gives herself credit for :3: She's willing to learn how to use a computer/smartphone/whatever the new gadget of the day is, and that means quite a bit to us. She'd rather be taught how to do it herself than make us do it for her.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got asked to interview in-person for a job that I really want, a week or two after I had given up hope of hearing back.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

FreshFeesh posted:

I managed to get through two DuoLingo Russian practice sessions without having to stop and look up words. Helped make up for the rest of the day.

Великий!

класно!

может быть ми поговорим по русскому

не кто не будет знать наши поговори

Unless they have google translate I guess

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Thin Privilege posted:

класно!

Sadly the only words I understand in the above are "Russian" and "no/not" (I'm really, really early in my studies).

I can say "Нет, этот мульчей не ест радио" at least, but that really doesn't come up in conversation (I hope)

Edit: I did just start posting in the Russian Language thread also, at least

FreshFeesh has a new favorite as of 08:19 on Oct 22, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

класно!

(congrats)

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Posting a day in advance because I won't have a chance tomorrow. My wife and I are having our second child tomorrow. Pretty excited myself, as is her (soon to be) big sister.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The bad news: root of molar is infected, requiring a root canal, and had to endure the horrific, constant pain all weekend. Good news: had it taken care of today! And it's at a new root canal dentist like 3 minutes away in a nice little house I didn't know of, with amazing folks working there. And the best part: DOGS! They have two elderly adopted shihtzus, and the ten year old with literally two teeth (she was found with most of her teeth rotting and had to have all but two removed) chilled out on my lap and stomach for most of the procedure, occasionally playing with my hands and being adorable. At first I was like "this is allowed, isn't it unsanitary?" But she's a good smart dog and knows to stay at your stomach/leg area, and they keep her brushed and cleaned. The office is spotless too. Having a little doggy there was really calming. She also walked along with me down the hallway on her hind legs, she's apparently really good at that, it was adorable.

The tooth leaked pus from the infection on the inside, so they left the tooth open until tomorrow so it can drain out. Gross, but necessary.

PotatoManJack posted:

Posting a day in advance because I won't have a chance tomorrow. My wife and I are having our second child tomorrow. Pretty excited myself, as is her (soon to be) big sister.

Eyyy, grats! Good luck!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've been guaranteed a 9 minute slot to show a film I made about my time in Belize earlier this year. It's just a film fest put on by one of the classes in my program at university, which I did last year and ran the night. I won best film the year before. I don't qualify for the contest this year because I've decided to sponsor the night instead and gave them some stuff for the door prize draw fundraiser. I just love the film night so much and can't wait to tell this story. This uear they managed to secure the huge new concert hall at the school and it's going to be amazing. It was always held at a small rundown theatre before.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

We got a dog!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The coal tar stuff I've been weary about trying for my psoriasis (thankfully limited to tiny bits on my elbows) has not only worked, but doesn't bother my partner smell-wise.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Not only was I able to solve a technical issue that had plagued me for over a month, my blog post about the solution was read and commented on by a security researcher. Made me feel smart, and hopefully other people will find my solution and use it as well.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Technically yesterday, but I built the winter shelter for the neighborhood cat I've been feeding for a few months, just in time for the first overnight frost warning of the year. It's not particularly complicated, but I'm proud of it. My work schedule means I don't really see the little fellow except occasionally on weekends, but I've become fond of him.

I'll probably paint something cute on the side later, and make a couple other little suggested modifications (a gentle tilt for possible drainage, e.g.).

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

Technically yesterday, but I built the winter shelter for the neighborhood cat I've been feeding for a few months, just in time for the first overnight frost warning of the year. It's not particularly complicated, but I'm proud of it. My work schedule means I don't really see the little fellow except occasionally on weekends, but I've become fond of him.

I'll probably paint something cute on the side later, and make a couple other little suggested modifications (a gentle tilt for possible drainage, e.g.).

This is awesome!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Context:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You ever found a good pen?
I mean like you were just picking though random ones at work or the bank or wherever and you find a really, really good pen that has no earthly business being there, so you take it home and cherish that goddamn pen? The kind you actually give a poo poo about and actually buy refills for?

I just left mine at work and there's no way in hell it'll still be there on my next shift.
:patriot: godspeed, little gel ballpoint Pilot. You will be the metric I judge all future writing implements by.

My pen was still there! :neckbeard: I guess one of the other guards recognized it as mine (I always carry it in my hat for easy access) and tucked it away into the file cabinet so it wouldn't walk off.
Yes, it's just a pen, but it's a really good pen, easily the best I've ever used in my life. It's nice to have one thing go right for me this week, at least.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
back home from the hospital today. nothing major just removal of my appendix and omentum. i was told my omentum had a lot of necrotic tissue and pressing against my appendix, aggitating it. causing a pain i can only describe as being punched in the same spot by everybody at the bar haha. no opiates handed out of course. hopefully will be in full recovery in a week. never had surgical glue before but it's weird looking into the purple abyss of my healing belly button.

all in all, my weekend was kinda alright. the organs statred acting up when io put a pair of shorts on that were too tight around the waste when i was meeting up with an internet friend nad her dad. we were touring the USS Midway and then i started having pains. didn't go to urgent care until 4am on saturday. i really regret not going in earlier but im glad my friend and her dad were able to bunk at my place instead of spending money for a hotel.

tl;dr: i had surgery on saturday and helped a friend from new jersey touring the states out giving em a place to bunk as the pain started on thursday. and no opiates. no loving opiates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aneAWxzOUk

e: spelling error

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 02:06 on Oct 30, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My partner surprised me with a Switch-and-Odyssey bundle out of the blue :yippie: I asked her why she didn't wait for Christmas, and she shrugged and said "because you'll be bored, annoyed, or done with it by Christmas, so I can play it".

I also managed, all by myself, to connect the dock to my TV. No small feat, because this a hand-me-down TV that I couldn't find the HD-in for, nor a manual, nor the actual make-and-model of the tv itself.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Someone whose own creative works inspired me to start writing again asked for a link to my stories and where they should start reading. I'm blown away!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I got friends to talk to and study with. Take that depression.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
having a pretty good 'ween. usually pretty quiet sense i live in a big house on the hill so folks are always welcome to a handful or two. fun and games all around with friends and to top it all off im watching a spooky movie as i fall asleep.

not gonna let some sad troll ruin my day lol.

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009
I had just the right amount of felt pads for the legs of a new table I acquired.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
lovely upstairs neighbors moved out :dance:

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

congrats! hope the new ones are better.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I very badly want to be able to post this myself. :pray:

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Had a pretty fine day. Can't complain. The pain in my surgical wounds is getting closer and closer to being non-existant but can still flair up so I have to be careful. Went on a posting spree that didn't end in a total disaster. I'm running on 4 hours of sleep and around 12 hours of wake. After I eat this piping hot chow mein, I'm gonna play some games until I get tired hopefully around 11pm or so I can sleep for at least 8 hours. Nite guys, stay cool.

E: bonus wings! Kinda ruined the chow mein a little bit, haha.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Nov 3, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
My parents brought me back a bottle of scotch from Scotland a while back and I finally opened it. Its delicious.

Tiresias2
May 31, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My nephew said bye to me for the first time!

Edit: He even waved!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've been having a considerably lovely couple of weeks(lots of storm damage + power/heat outage for 3 days, dog got super sick, stepdad very likely has renal cell carcinoma in both his kidneys), so I've been spending a lot of time with Stellaris, a game that a friend gifted to me a while back but I never tried. I've never really played a game like that, a "4X" game, and it's really soothing and relaxing just putzing around the galaxy making friends/enemies as I slowly expand my empire. Currently buddies with a group of tree-lookin' alien motherfuckers and these cool snail aliens. Snailiens(supersonic shell fighters)

Also someone in the Transformer thread just pointed out to me that they're remaking the Figma Samus Aran, and Samus's Power Suit has been my favorite video game character design ever, so I'm super excited for that. It's a figure of the old bulky Varia Suit style, rather than the crappy streamlined version that Other M introduced.

as opposed to this, which is not great

I buy and sell a ton of legos, transformers, etc and keep some for myself, sure, but there's rarely an action figure I have a draw for like the classic Varia Suit Samus figma that's coming out. I think the last time I had that urge was Masterpiece Megatron.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Rediscovering this Goon made thing from ages ago cracked me the hell up, so I'm calling that a win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wwJDHmwtWM

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

The Lean Cuisine I made for lunch while working the graveyard shift only had one lima bean and tons of actually good vegetables.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I was talking to a friend I don't really see much anymore last week and mentioned things had been going a bit roughly. Today I came into work and as a gift they'd bought me a t-shirt relating to one of my interests I mentioned to them quite a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Did well on my tests yesterday, and came home to fried chicken and a package waiting for me which contained a DVD I'd been waiting for!