Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Well it makes sense why he's so good as playing villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The new Strike Back is ok I guess. It feels and looks way cheaper than the old one. The CGI bullets and squibs are terrible. Aussie soldier owns though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The new Strike Back is ok I guess. It feels and looks way cheaper than the old one. The CGI bullets and squibs are terrible. Aussie soldier owns though.

I'm usually pretty forgiving of CGI but bullets and squibs that are just Final Cut plugins are the loving worst. Yeah I get that squibs and blanks are nightmare to deal with when it comes to insuring your filming but for gently caress's sakes at least put in more effort than your average Freddy Wong video on youtube.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm just now getting around to House of Cards Season 5- I'd gotten into other shows (and just life in general) which pushed it to the back burner. Given that the thread's locked:

In episode 2, did Claire genuinely not know about Frank's heavily implied gay lover from college or was she just being typical psycho-bitch Claire who pretended to be appalled the guy in the subway station in New York would imply that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CBJSprague24 posted:

In episode 2, did Claire genuinely not know about Frank's heavily implied gay lover from college or was she just being typical psycho-bitch Claire who pretended to be appalled the guy in the subway station in New York would imply that.

She absolutely knew, they make references to it many times (just like Frank knows she bangs Adam sometimes, and later Tom).

Also, get hosed Kevin Spacey. Sheesh.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

precision posted:

She absolutely knew, they make references to it many times (just like Frank knows she bangs Adam sometimes, and later Tom).

Also, get hosed Kevin Spacey. Sheesh.

Yeah, Adam and Tom were more blatant throughout the series, even to Frank who allowed it. Thus far in the season, Tom's only role is to gently caress Claire, it seems.

I feel dirty watching; I'm just watching for completion at this point out of the hopes that awful things happen to the Underwoods.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 3, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bye Kevin
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/926255351640576000

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm beginning to think that maybe I shouldn't blindly love and respect celebrities. Oh well, at least I have politicians to look up to.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who would be the most disappointing star to find out about

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Given the way the previous season ended, is there any way to write the final season without Spacey appearing or is it just dead in the water?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Kurt Russell would break me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Tom Hanks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GobiasIndustries posted:

Given the way the previous season ended, is there any way to write the final season without Spacey appearing or is it just dead in the water?

They should just recast him. I really doubt they want to just poo poo-can the whole season, other people are depending on that job, not just Mr. Richard Smoker.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

They should just recast him. I really doubt they want to just poo poo-can the whole season, other people are depending on that job, not just Mr. Richard Smoker.

I mean, really, they could leave him in the background for the entire season considering she kicked him out of the WH at the end of last season. Mention him in passing, not answering calls, getting indicted, stuff like that, but never have him on screen except for maybe a body double from behind or something. either way it's a poo poo situation but I don't see a recast working.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

X-O posted:

Tom Hanks.

Easily this. What would be the point of life if even Tom Hanks turned out to be a horrible monster.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 3, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zoux posted:

Keanu Reeves

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

Tom Hanks.

100%. Ron Howard isn't far behind for me, either.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Yeah, after everything I've heard about how great a dude he is that would be pretty shocking.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

zoux posted:

As said already, Tom Hanks. I would also include The Rock, any of the Chris's (Pratt, Evans, Pine) and Nick Offerman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Keanu Reeves is god's perfect creation.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GobiasIndustries posted:

100%. Ron Howard isn't far behind for me, either.

I mean another person I would have said years and years ago in the same breath was Bill Cosby and we all know how that went.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Rock is one of the few that would really let me down hard. Dude is just so great. His book is really good too (though obviously not as good as Mick Foley's)

Actually, speaking of, finding out Mick Foley did some terrible poo poo would probably be even worse than The Rock.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I mean, really, they could leave him in the background for the entire season considering she kicked him out of the WH at the end of last season. Mention him in passing, not answering calls, getting indicted, stuff like that, but never have him on screen except for maybe a body double from behind or something. either way it's a poo poo situation but I don't see a recast working.

I think that would work really well in theory, but I think the problem with that would be that they've already written the season and started filming so they'd have to do a complete reworking of the season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

swickles posted:

As said already, Tom Hanks. I would also include The Rock, any of the Chris's (Pratt, Evans, Pine) and Nick Offerman.

Oh god not Chris Evans

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Rock was a pro wrestler that grew up in a pro wrestling family. As cool as he is nothing would ever surprise me about a pro wrestler doing bad dumb stuff in the past. They are crazy carnies at heart.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

zoux posted:

Given how The Good Place makes me feel every time I watch it, Kristen Bell is pretty high up there :v: . More seriously, anyone nominally feminist/allied that would get MRAs and reactionaries foaming the way FOX is foaming now about Weinstein "being connected to the democrats" (think Amy Poehler/Emma Watson etc.)

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's Ryan Gosling. The one revelation that would destroy all hope in mankind.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vegetable posted:

It's Ryan Gosling. The one revelation that would destroy all hope in mankind.

Emma Stone, imagine she was a predator... errr
I'll be in my bunk.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jack McBrayer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've got it, by the way:

Bob Ross.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
^^^OOOF, that would hurt. He was so private, too!

zoux posted:

Kyle Chandler, obviously.

If I’m being honest, the connections Ben Affleck has had to this mess—brother Casey being a shitbag, the alleged reasons behind his divorce from Jennifer Garner, his buddy Matt Damon apparently helping to squash a story about Harvey Weinstein—are kinda bumming me out, too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

Keanu Reeves is god's perfect creation.

I mean, the one time he got secretly filmed it was him giving up his seat on the subway to a stranger. Dude is all class.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

precision posted:

I've got it, by the way:

Bob Ross.

Man don't even joke about that. Sometimes when I need to focus or relax I just hit up one of his old episodes (they're all available for free on YouTube now) and let it run for awhile. Something about that voice is just really soothing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

precision posted:

I've got it, by the way:

Bob Ross.

The guy was a drill sergeant and developed his quiet calm painting persona as a contrast and coping mechanism. I'm not sure I'd be surprised by much for him short of actual abuse. Saddened perhaps, but not surprised.

Mr Rogers on the other hand would shatter me, and probably half this country.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FactsAreUseless posted:

There is a show on CBS called "Wisdom of the Crowd" whose description is as follows. Ahem. "A tech innovator creates a cutting-edge crowd-sourcing hub to solve his own daughter's murder, as well as revolutionizing crime solving in San Francisco."

That is all.

Yeah, I think we might have talked about it in here when it was first announced, but I might be getting it confused with that Fox show APB which was a similar "tech bro disrupts the police industry" type show.
It's really fascinating that they decided to pick up "Person of Interest, but without any of the nuance" a year after Person of Interest ended.

X-O posted:

I mean another person I would have said years and years ago in the same breath was Bill Cosby and we all know how that went.

Cosby accusations have been following him for literal decades though, it's just that for some reason a bootleg video of a Hannibal Burress set was the thing to break the dams on that one.

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 3, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

We're going to find a college paper by John Stewart talking about how jews run the world and should be wiped out

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
New show from STARZ which I've been low key following for ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Bu2DOM66g

J.K. Simmons, Olivia Williams, Harry Lloyd, Ulrich Thompsons as regulars, and I'm pretty sure I saw Stephen Rea in the trailer too.

(It's basically Season 3 of Fringe, but with more cold war drama and Home Counties accents.)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

We're going to find a college paper by John Stewart talking about how jews run the world and should be wiped out

Uh, John Stewart is Jewish. Did you mean Colbert?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Open Source Idiom posted:

J.K. Simmons, Olivia Williams, Harry Lloyd, Ulrich Thompsons as regulars, and I'm pretty sure I saw Stephen Rea in the trailer too.

(It's basically Season 3 of Fringe, but with more cold war drama and Home Counties accents.)

Welp, I'm getting Starz in January. That hits a lot of the notes I loved about Fringe, which is a top-5 favorite show of all time for me

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Looks like a nice thing to binge through while I'm watching Season 3 of Ash vs. Evil Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

I hope it will be less of an uneven mess than Fringe was.

• Locked thread