Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

JinBao, the guys who OS'd Feral Rex and Warbotron have announced an OS'd Gravity Builder.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I've just ordered the 3 currently released NBK bots from a combination of eBay and aliexpress, this means the last bot will be delayed over a year and the whole set will be superseded by another, higher quality and OS'd kit in the interim.

loving Machineboy

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LoL, keep buying KO poo poo I might be interested in.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hm, I might have to finally get around to getting Warbotron too.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Is there any reason to get Warbotron over the Jinbao one? The former is so expensive. I’m a third party newb.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Warbotron is smaller so if you want the wrong sized Bruticus for a whole bunch of money then get that I guess.

The Jinbao one is an enlarged knockoff of Warbotron. It is very nice quality and definitely worth having.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 2, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Jinbai also has the ankle upgrades built in so technically you're getting a superior bot as well as a superior size class.

I do need to get that Machine Boy Onslaught though, just for completeness sake.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh man, it’s November. :ohdearsass:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So I was out for a walk and on a whim went into a hobby store I had already checked last week. Surprisingly I found TLK voyager Megatron, a figure I had already given up on getting! It's really REALLY good. Like, I don't want to poo poo on Titans Return, Iove that line too but this toy and Nitro who I got earlier just feel so far beyond the Titan voyagers' engineering and just sheer fun. I can't recommend him enough, and I imagine the retooled and oversized KO Rendsora is neat too.

So yeah if you ever get the chance and like how he looks absolutely get this guy.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Good to hear. I'm still on the lookout for Nitro and Twintwist. I think I can do without Megatron but sounds like people are having a blast with him.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just shipped Blitzwing and Oct1 and that $35 Baby Let Me Take You Down To Cocomone from BBTS, NITRO ZEUS is finally in town, and Figma Samus Aran is hitting later this month. Plus the Secret Santa. Gonna be good times

E: dk, I could walk out my front door and swing my arms around and practically knock a Twin Twist out of the air.

Phy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 3, 2017

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Rhyno posted:

They're just a code and they usually advertise it on the Ebay home page. No idea why there wasn't one yesterday but it saved me from spending money I guess.

How often do they show up? I was gonna buy Ultra Magnus but if I can get a coupon I can wait. Are they given to everyone, or do they only give them to select people? Tried searching for codes online but none seem to work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Disco De Soto posted:

How often do they show up? I was gonna buy Ultra Magnus but if I can get a coupon I can wait. Are they given to everyone, or do they only give them to select people? Tried searching for codes online but none seem to work.

They're for anyone with Paypal and Ebay to use, usually $15 off a $75 or more purchase and they tend to be good for 12 hours.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
So I'm finally getting around to opening my Siege on Cybertron set and, uh, man this Magnus Prime. It's really something. The top half is awesome, but god the legs and feet are pretty dumb.

Metalhawk is kick rear end of course though:

e: oh my Tidal Wave is just a hot mess huh

TheDK fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 3, 2017

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Warbotron is smaller so if you want the wrong sized Bruticus for a whole bunch of money then get that I guess.

The Jinbao one is an enlarged knockoff of Warbotron. It is very nice quality and definitely worth having.
Friendly reminder that the original Warbotron is also sitting basically new-in-box in my living room because I didn't like it then one month later the KO came out and now I can't get rid of the drat thing. If anyone wants to be really cool and help me clear a bunch of space out of my living room for $100 + shipping for the thing I paid $400 for please feel free.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Rhyno posted:

They're for anyone with Paypal and Ebay to use, usually $15 off a $75 or more purchase and they tend to be good for 12 hours.

Cool and how often do they come out?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tossed together a simple calendar for upcoming Iron Factory releases. Nothing fancy, just something to leave on my desktop.

IF claims specific months but given the initial 5 releases are probably impossible for them I'd expect some of Q4 2017 bumps to next year and then most of the releases will probably out month by month after that. There's a buffer for CNY though.

I think the summer hole is either to give them a space for exclusives this year or a bit of buffer as things get pushed back.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

All of them look great except that Slipstream IMO.

Also Triggerhappy why :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TheDK posted:

So I'm finally getting around to opening my Siege on Cybertron set and, uh, man this Magnus Prime. It's really something. The top half is awesome, but god the legs and feet are pretty dumb.

Metalhawk is kick rear end of course though:

e: oh my Tidal Wave is just a hot mess huh

Ha, I opened mine a few days ago, played with it, and then put it all back in the packing. The feet on Magnus Prime are an absolute mess and I don’t know what they’re trying to do with hooves. Tidal Wave is eh, Metalhawk is good, but I’ve played with Triggerhappy so much that he’s nothing new. Pounce is really floppy and loose. And there’s a head of what should be a leader class figure.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Ha, I opened mine a few days ago, played with it, and then put it all back in the packing. The feet on Magnus Prime are an absolute mess and I don’t know what they’re trying to do with hooves. Tidal Wave is eh, Metalhawk is good, but I’ve played with Triggerhappy so much that he’s nothing new. Pounce is really floppy and loose. And there’s a head of what should be a leader class figure.

Well dang. I basically got it for pounce and PMOP. Agreed that the extra headmaster is really pointless.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phy posted:

Just shipped Blitzwing and Oct1 and that $35 Baby Let Me Take You Down To Cocomone from BBTS, NITRO ZEUS is finally in town, and Figma Samus Aran is hitting later this month. Plus the Secret Santa. Gonna be good times

E: dk, I could walk out my front door and swing my arms around and practically knock a Twin Twist out of the air.

Is there a new figma Samus? I have the first one they made but honestly I'm not a huge fan of the newer streamlined styling to her suit, I much prefer the super rad blocky-ish bulky super metroid version

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Is there a new figma Samus? I have the first one they made but honestly I'm not a huge fan of the newer streamlined styling to her suit, I much prefer the super rad blocky-ish bulky super metroid version

If it's this one, then :drat: that looks nice.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

TheDK posted:

Well dang. I basically got it for pounce and PMOP. Agreed that the extra headmaster is really pointless.

The lore is that the four diecast heads are the most powerful.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheDK posted:

If it's this one, then :drat: that looks nice.
oh my fuckin' god it really is a new version in the older, bulkier style, holy shiiiiiiit piiiiiiiiss I am seriously so god drat happy about this

like seriously Samus's Varia Suit is the gold standard for power armor designs and I really did not like the streamlined version Figma put out(but bought it anyways because where the hell else would I get a Samus Aran Power Armor action figure?), I am super stoked for this new one. Really, look at the difference.

The speed booster jets are even bigger on the old-style one too, which is good.

Gonna buy the hell out of that. Or, since I have a second of the old figma from a hobby store clearance sale, maybe I can finagle a trade for the new one. Old figma's super poseable and all with plenty of options as usual for figmas, but I vastly prefer the original power suit design.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 3, 2017

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The previous Figma Samus was the Other M design, which, like everything else about that game, was complete poo poo. The Prime 3 Figma is glorious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whoa, Spark Toys Alpha Pack (War Within Optimus) is tanking in price. Two trusted sellers have it at $90, down from like $140 when it was new. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger.

Edit: This showed up today. It's fiddly but pretty drat cool

Edit 2: Everything I purchased in October. I really need to slow down a bit.

Megatron is backwards because he is showing off his new panel fillers. OS Drift isn't as big as I expected so I'll probably sell that dude when the MMC version drops.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 4, 2017

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Went to Akron Comic-con today and was initially disappointed by the complete lack of TF merch. However, meeting Aaron Archer and getting this awesome piece by him more than made up for it:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Ok so I’m still catching up on all these releases and deciding how to plan for next year. I’m really enjoying the combiners right now and gonna throw down some money for one of the Jinbao KOs, either Bruticus or Predaking. Any opinions on which is better? I know hasbro had Bruticus our last year and expecting a Titan class Predaking next year. Any opinion on which to go with the OS Jinbao and which to get from hasbro? I’m also excited for the terrorcons next year as well for Abominus.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Danger posted:

Ok so I’m still catching up on all these releases and deciding how to plan for next year. I’m really enjoying the combiners right now and gonna throw down some money for one of the Jinbao KOs, either Bruticus or Predaking. Any opinions on which is better? I know hasbro had Bruticus our last year and expecting a Titan class Predaking next year. Any opinion on which to go with the OS Jinbao and which to get from hasbro? I’m also excited for the terrorcons next year as well for Abominus.

You should look into getting Warbotron:

Knormal posted:

Friendly reminder that the original Warbotron is also sitting basically new-in-box in my living room because I didn't like it then one month later the KO came out and now I can't get rid of the drat thing. If anyone wants to be really cool and help me clear a bunch of space out of my living room for $100 + shipping for the thing I paid $400 for please feel free.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Danger posted:

Jinbao Bruticus beats the poo poo out of their Predaking, which I own and retired from its shelf in favour of said Bruticus.

Predaking feels very cheap and kind of crappy in comparison. I wouldn't buy it again if I had the option of going back in time and slapping my phone out of my hand.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jinbao Bruticus beats the poo poo out of their Predaking, which I own and retired from its shelf in favour of said Bruticus.

Predaking feels very cheap and kind of crappy in comparison. I wouldn't buy it again if I had the option of going back in time and slapping my phone out of my hand.
How much did you pay for your predaking? I felt it was pretty loving amazing for the 80 bucks it cost at the time. Seems it's gone up to 120-130 now though, which would definitely make me hesitate.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Thanks for the feedback! I was looking for something unique with Predaking but may wait on hasbro, however I’m guessing it will be at the 150 price point.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

How much did you pay for your predaking? I felt it was pretty loving amazing for the 80 bucks it cost at the time. Seems it's gone up to 120-130 now though, which would definitely make me hesitate.

Well now I’m torn, but yea I haven’t seen it for less than 120 on eBay. I may just wait for a coupon on eBay.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Danger posted:

Well now I’m torn, but yea I haven’t seen it for less than 120 on eBay. I may just wait for a coupon on eBay.

Might be worth it, I'd say even 90, possibly 100 for the predaking is good. It's still well made, though not to the level of the original Feral Rex. And obviously he can't hold the giant fuckoff sword properly, what with it weighing like a pound by itself, but predaking holds himself up quite nicely and is roughly CW Devastator-sized.

The sixty buck superion OSKO is fairly crappy quality but still holds together well and can stand up straight, at the very least. I think if you wrapped some rubber bands around the feet(for better friction to stand with) he'd be able to pull off some poses too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would sell that OS Superion for $40 and shipping if anyone is interested.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

I found Predaking KO on AliExpress for 96 shipped, cheapest I’ve seen. I have the CW Superion and love it. Gonna debate between Predaking for that price point only the 130 I’ve seen for Bruticus.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

If we're getting rid of crap KO combiners, I have this MMC Predaking non-oversized KO that I will just send someone for free + shipping if anyone wants it, because otherwise it's going in the dumpster. It would probably look okay combined on the back of a shelf somewhere, but it's simplified to the point that some of the individual figures can't even transform right because the joints are missing so you basically have to partsform them between modes. It also doesn't hold together particularly well and it's not going to hold a pose at all, but it can stand in the background alright.

Shipping alone is probably still going to be like $40-50, because even though it's not oversized it's still pretty big.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I paid around £100 including the shipping. At the time I was thrilled but it's just not doing it for me anymore because I've turned into a terrible snob it just feels cheap and lovely compared to the stuff I've bought since.

Like I said with the power of hindsight I wouldn't have bought it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HA!

Neoarts just put the Origin Version of their Leonidas KO up for preorder. It's a whopping $3 more.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Twins are here.

Go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

The Twins are here.

Go for it.

Maaaaaaaan. Now I gotta go look for that.

I am enjoying the poo poo out of this guy