Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Trash Boat posted:

This is utterly unbelievable. What kind of an office building has 100 workers coming in on a Sunday?

I know it's minor, but when he walked in the door, they saw him and immediately turned off all the lights. I'm curious on the office layout that lets him see into the closets and bathrooms from the office door.

Edit: Or even see 100 people from the door. I've been in several cubicle-farm type offices, and I don't think I've seen a main open area where you could fit more than 20 people in one person's field of view.
I think he needs to rewrite his story to take place in a manufacturing plant and he walked in on the mezzanine or catwalk looking down on to the factory floor. Or a football stadium.

jjack229 has a new favorite as of 16:41 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I need to :yotj:...

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I'm the head of a large venture capitalist organization standing quietly in the dark for ten minutes while 100 people all around me put on their clothes and wipe down their work surfaces with pledge.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm 100 people quietly and simultaneously disengaging from loving, dressing and getting back to work in complete pitch black darkness

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

On a Sunday..

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.
I'm going with, if this happened at all, he walked in on a Sunday, saw two people were in the office and having sex. They closed the door to their office, put clothes back on, and then never talked about it . He then concluded that if he saw that 2 of his 100 employees were in on Sunday and having sex, then it stands to reason that 100 of his 100 employees must have been in on a Sunday and all having sex at the same time, and never talked about it.

Also, how would you feel knowing that you weren't invited to an all-company, 100 person orgy? Everyone in the office is totally down with having sex with, or at least next to, everyone else in the office, as long as that one guy isn't there to kill the mood.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, I worked in some big offices and while there were some hot women there, I wouldn't really want to see most of the people I was around all day naked let alone touch them. But who knows what happens when the pure sexual tension of a 100 bored, tired people who just want to get home and watch Netflix unloads!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
If you didn’t start calling bullshit when they said “I head a large venture capitalist firm” then followed it up with “I’m always busy making sure everyone is doing analysis” then lol

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah the game with that one isn't "did it happen or not" it's how early can you tell it didn't

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

If you didn’t start calling bullshit when they said “I head a large venture capitalist firm” then followed it up with “I’m always busy making sure everyone is doing analysis” then lol

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Just dropping by your cube to make sure you're analyzing stuff. Don't forget to analyze data today!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Cut the guy some slack, he really likes that show Billions but he can't remember enough of the terms to lie more convincingly.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Trash Boat posted:

This is utterly unbelievable. What kind of an office building has 100 workers coming in on a Sunday?

Er, uh, sorry, that was a typo. Suppsoed to say "orifice building"

jjack229 posted:

I know it's minor, but when he walked in the door, they saw him and immediately turned off all the lights. I'm curious on the office layout that lets him see into the closets and bathrooms from the office door.

Edit: Or even see 100 people from the door. I've been in several cubicle-farm type offices, and I don't think I've seen a main open area where you could fit more than 20 people in one person's field of view.
I think he needs to rewrite his story to take place in a manufacturing plant and he walked in on the mezzanine or catwalk looking down on to the factory floor. Or a football stadium.

I like the part where one guy walks over to the light switch and then waits an arbitrary amount of time or somehow has a signal with everyone to know when to put the lights back on

Though thanks this story for making me remember the Doug episode, when someone steale's Bebe's radio and they turn off the lights to allow the person to return it without getting in trouble. BUT THEN THEY TORN THE LIGHTS ON TOO EARLY and I forget who the revealed radio stealer is

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

sweeperbravo posted:

Though thanks this story for making me remember the Doug episode, when someone steale's Bebe's radio and they turn off the lights to allow the person to return it without getting in trouble. BUT THEN THEY TORN THE LIGHTS ON TOO EARLY and I forget who the revealed radio stealer is
Just like with the orgy, nobody did it.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

That photo screams, I have never seen a briefcase outside of an '80s movie.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Applesnots posted:

That photo screams, I have never seen a briefcase outside of an '80s movie.

Just wearing my striped green tank top and briefcase on my way to my big boy job!

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
What do you carry your Yu-gi-oh cards in?? A safeway bag?!

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
It's funny seeing people whose STDH have random passersby dishing out the burns instead of themselves, like they want to make it clear that they weren't being dicks themselves, it was this random 12yo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

And she unmistakably determines the age of both strangers, lol.

Also lol that in this imagined scenario, the pregnant girl can be a rape victim.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Then the bastard child spontaneously emerged from her womb and applauded

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why were the analysts typing?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why were the analysts typing?

Lookit this dumb schmuck who's never done analysis :rolleyes:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Lookit this dumb schmuck who's never done analysis :rolleyes:

You're right, even though that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now. (Not financial analysis. My penis and other sexy parts couldn't take it.)

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I wish there were more comments with people congratulating him.

They're my favourite part of stdh.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I love that it all supposedly happened in the course of a week.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Joey Freshwater posted:

I want to know more about the building in Atlanta "unexpectedly collapsing." I think that would have made the news.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jurgan posted:

I want to know more about the building in Atlanta "unexpectedly collapsing." I think that would have made the news.

It's "I need to go iron my dog" levels of unbelievable excuses.

"Why are you home so early?"

"....office collapsed. Whole building, just whumpf into the ground. Damndest thing, they're all dead!"

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

This is, this is just sad, even if it's true.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Shangri-Law School posted:

This is, this is just sad, even if it's true.

Depression can really gently caress with your personal hygiene. I imagine there's other priorities in that person's life.

I do hope it's fake, because I hope that no kids died, but still

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, self neglect is incredibly common - personal hygiene, weight, etc. It's not just being a sad sack of tears for the rest of your life.

Why they felt the need to make a macro about their kids death is another thing though.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
While I know plenty of sadbrains who go without showering for a week (I am functional and only ever go three days without showering), I prefer to believe it's stdh because no one would ever decide the best way to share their grief over their child's death would be by posting an outdated image macro on Imgur... Right?

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
no, you know what? celebrate coping, you fucks.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

no, you know what? celebrate coping, you fucks.

As a recovering sadbrains, this. Some days, just being able to get out of bed was a victory.

I wouldn't wish clinical depression on anyone, because it's the most soul-destroying thing, but I am so sick of people who act like they know what it's like to be honest to God clinically loving depressed because they've been sad before. It's not sad. It's like being dead inside.

If you are able to do more than you could last week, even if it's just basic self-care, that is worth feeling good about.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Really doesn't belong in this thread because it's entirely plausible. Why it's an image macro is another thing altogether. Not sure who the audience would be for it, unless it's from some sort of bereavement therapy forum, in which case more power to them.

Now post something less sad please

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

As a recovering sadbrains, this. Some days, just being able to get out of bed was a victory.

I wouldn't wish clinical depression on anyone, because it's the most soul-destroying thing, but I am so sick of people who act like they know what it's like to be honest to God clinically loving depressed because they've been sad before. It's not sad. It's like being dead inside.

If you are able to do more than you could last week, even if it's just basic self-care, that is worth feeling good about.

For me depression is less feeling bad and more being unable to feel good. So you feel lovely because things that would normally make you feel good just...don't.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Some of the best Achewood was when it got extremely real about depression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

Some of the best Achewood was when it got extremely real about depression.

:confused: I must be missing something in that.

Dog #3 can't cope with depression, hops back into his ragtop 1968 Plymouth Fury, and the cholo dogs become sad too?