Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

effervescible posted:

Hey, quick question. My group for this weekend has our fast passes all picked out, but one party member asked if I could try and get one later in the day for Space Mountain, since she might not make it by the time we've currently got for that FP. Is there a way to search for other available FP times without deleting one of our existing three selections? I don't want to cancel the current one, find out there's nothing that works better for her schedule and then be stuck, but my first try didn't seem to want to let me search without clearing a FP slot.

Can't you choose to modify the selection, to search for different times without cancelling it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Empress Brosephine posted:

It’s expensive and limited to 10 people

The famous one at Busch Gardens where you ride around standing in the back of a truck and feed giraffes is only 29 bucks!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omne posted:

My wife bought me tickets to Star Wars Galactic Nights in December for my birthday. Anyone go in April? Thoughts?

My boss at Disney went who was a huge Star Wars nut. She said it was amazing and worth it and a hidden treasure. Plus they do the Rock n Roller Coaster overlay so prob worth it for that

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Any pin trading psychopaths like me, China pavilion has a ton of different pins from Shanghai's grand opening and first anniversary in the middle room of the shop.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Tim Whatley posted:

Any pin trading psychopaths like me, China pavilion has a ton of different pins from Shanghai's grand opening and first anniversary in the middle room of the shop.

dang it i skipped china, got most of the 2017 HMs though.

I encountered a dude w/ a huge bag of individually ziploc bagged traders who had most/all of the 2017 HMs and was willing to trade for whatever. Anyone know what "huge bag of individually bagged pins" says about the provenance of those pins?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Anything cool and unusual about Beach Club that I should know about? Besides the fact I can’t wait to swim
in that pool and Beaches and Cream is no ADRs?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anya posted:

Anything cool and unusual about Beach Club that I should know about? Besides the fact I can’t wait to swim
in that pool and Beaches and Cream is no ADRs?

I don't think there's anything super cool, but it's got a big advantage of being on the same lake as the Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin, and Epcot (plus a short path away from the lake toward Hollywood Studios). This makes it very easy to walk right into those two parks or visit the other resorts and everything they have.

You can also rent boats at the Marina.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Yeah, that’s why I was pretty stoked to get there - especially since all the parks will be closed around 8-9 each night we are there. Looks like I’m going to do some Disney Springs/Boardwalk exploring with the sister.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Anya posted:

Beaches and Cream is no ADRs
Did they change it? I definitely had a lunch ADR there a couple of years ago.

The wait time without a reservation was ridiculous, and this was during the off-season.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Cape May Cafe is nice if you love seafood.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone on here I think said Beach Club wasn’t worth the price

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

WhiteHowler posted:

Did they change it? I definitely had a lunch ADR there a couple of years ago.

The wait time without a reservation was ridiculous, and this was during the off-season.

They absolutely still do. I have one for Jan.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Someone on here I think said Beach Club wasn’t worth the price

I hope that's not the case. But I can't eat milk, so I'm just going cause my travel partner wants a sundae.

Fejsze fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 31, 2017

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Beach club is solid diner food at a fairly affordable price for what is Disney. You're not gonna find anything that blows your mind, but if you like a good patty melt or smash burger, this is your stop. You also get the gimmick of the kitchen sink if you have a group willing to give it a shot.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Oh really? Everything I had seen was walk up only. Better get on that then.
What is Orlando temp in early February? 60-70?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Shoutout to Ohana. Following up on my vegetarian post they made my girlfriend this huge rear end entree with tofu and potatoes. It owned.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Beaches & Cream is now a table service requiring ADRs, however, they do have a takeaway window with a different and somewhat limited menu. Like, I don't think you can get the Kitchen Sink from the window, but you could get a sundae or a burger from it without an ADR.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Is there a Baymax meet and greet anywhere on site currently?

My coworker is a huge Big Hero 6 fan

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Pretty sure he still meets in Innoventions.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BlueBayou posted:

Boxman posted:

Pretty sure he still meets in Innoventions.

Yep.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

BlueBayou posted:

Across from the Mickey Minnie Goofy character spot. Line typically 15 minutes or so as long as it isn't a crazy busy day. Lot shorter than Inside Out.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Braksgirl posted:

When I went to training at Disneyland last year, they took us on tours of several of the Good Neighbor properties. None of them were at the hotels closest to the parks. That says something to me and it ain't good.

This is super-old, but we enjoyed our stay at the Hampton inn. I think it was the second closest one. Near a pirate buffet. Seemed clean and they had diy waffles and unlimited breakfast meats.

Whenever this threads gets too long I'm afraid to read it in case they decided to add three more Jack Sparrows to Pirates or something.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anybody know if there's some maintenance going on at ToT or its just been insanely long lines because Hollywood has four rides? I've been here nine days and standby has rarely dipped below triple digits. Usually I'm able to sneak on it at like a 20-30 round this time. Meanwhile Toy Story Mania has rarely gone above 35 my whole trip.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is rocky down?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I've found ToT can be super up and down (lol) with wait times. I'm curious if it's because of beauty and the beast letting out and a huge pack of people migrates to it simply due to proximity. I've definitely seen waits under 30 minutes and over 70 minutes in the same day.

HS being basically devoid of any sort of rides right now doesn't help.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Capacity at ToT can take a big hit if a shaft goes down, which can make long waits really quick.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow, Epcot for F&W on Saturday, and AK on Sunday, and the weather (and low crowds) are going to be :discourse:

Anything out of the ordinary I should be checking out this weekend?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
It's race weekend! The Wine & Dine Half-Marathon is Sunday morning....at 5:30, but you might see some sleepy runners around later.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Epcot will be packed Fri and Sat

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Tim Whatley posted:

Epcot will be packed Fri and Sat

Nah. I’ve been on this exact weekend four years in a row. It’s fine.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
You just end up seeing a lot of people with medals in the second half of the day. Last year this was a chill weekend. Election Day was loving insane to get into Epcot though (one of the many reasons I drank hard around the world that day).

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
Has anyone been to the Edison in LA? Just saw the Disney springs one is scheduled to (finally) open a few weeks before my trip, and curious if it'd be worth carving some time out to go check it out and have a meal.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anybody know the actual reasoning behind not allowing ponchos on Frozen Ever After? I don't care about getting wet but you do get unnecessarily wet on that ride. We got in line and they made my girlfriend put it away. She's the world's biggest Frozen fan and hates that ride largely because you get wet, so they did a great job with it!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Wait, how on earth do you get wet on that ride?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got soaked on three caballeros so it depends on weight of the boats

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anya posted:

Wait, how on earth do you get wet on that ride?

The small-ish drop. It gets overflow from the sides splashing up and pooling on the seats. My friends got their asses soaked too so I know it's not just my boat. We're not like, large people by any means, so I'm not sure? I'm just more curious the reasoning behind not allowing ponchos and if this is a thing on other rides like Splash now.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I bet they're using people like a sponge to keep the boats dry. The water would just run off a poncho into the boat.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Do celebration pins usually affect your experience very much? Did the Park Hopper thing around Labor Day last year and had a "1st time" celebration pin because I heard it was a "must do this immediately, first-thing" thing as soon as you start the day, but nobody ever really seemed to care or notice it from what I could tell. Wasn't that disappointed or anything, but it was pretty hyped up from what I read the night before and it ended up not really doing anything.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
1st Visit pins tend to get less of a reaction vs birthday/anniversary/engaged pins
Whenever we wore ours for our birthday trip or honeymoon, we got "Happy birthday" and "Congratulations" from staff so often it sorta caught me off guard. We also frequently got free desserts.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
All sit down restaurants will offer you free dessert with a birthday button but so will the quick service places. Although sometimes you have to ask because they're so rushed they may not notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Just Married was kick-rear end at Disneyland. Free dessert at Blue Bayou and another at Carnation Cafe. The second was decorated with a $25 Mickey and Minnie wedding ring ornament. Lots of recognition all day.

Your experience may vary.