Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

busb posted:

OC TPP squads there's a hacker in about one in every 2 games it feels like at the moment, duos seems better though.

NA squads isn't much better, we are seeing cheaters about the same rate last couple days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Before the last few weeks I saw 1 possible hacker.

Now its like almost every night.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Here's hoping they never default FPP (aka the hacker (almost) free zone) to selected

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

It's insane how broke rear end this game still is

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Chard posted:

It's insane how broke rear end this game still is

Honestly, most of it can be dealt with, but first and foremost the cheating has to be stopped. It's insane. And the worst thing is, the easiest way to stop the highest percentage of cheaters is just to region lock the Chinese to AS server.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Tweak posted:

Here's hoping they never default FPP (aka the hacker (almost) free zone) to selected

We've run into lots of cheaters on NA FPP squads recently. I wish they could fix it it was super frustrating :(

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
If you believe their claims, bluehole/battleye were banning almost a full percent of the active players per day for hacking. The implications of that are pretty crazy when you consider how small of a fraction of hacking players get detected or are obvious enough to get caught.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the hacking in this game has gone absolutely insane and my friends and I put it on hold for it. Almost every game we were dying to someone with an Ad name or to someone speedblitzing.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 3, 2017

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Herstory Begins Now posted:

If you believe their claims, bluehole/battleye were banning almost a full percent of the active players per day for hacking. The implications of that are pretty crazy when you consider how small of a fraction of hacking players get detected or are obvious enough to get caught.

I wish it was region locked and the ban was tied to some government issued ID so we didn't have to deal with cheating in every loving video game ever

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Yeah this game has gotten insanely boring. If its not aim botters its dudes who are running ini changes to disable buildings, if its not that then its guys running ahk recoil scripts for the m4. Idk the game wouldnt be so bad even with the cheaters if the period of time after the first 5 minutes til the last circle weren't so fucken boring.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So, uh, what's with these idlers? They just join the game to collect token amounts of points, to eventually get a bunch of reward boxes with generally lovely items that sell for nickels? They're hoping to win the lottery for a rare item? Of which I still understand how they're valued that high?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Combat Pretzel posted:

So, uh, what's with these idlers? They just join the game to collect token amounts of points, to eventually get a bunch of reward boxes with generally lovely items that sell for nickels? They're hoping to win the lottery for a rare item? Of which I still understand how they're valued that high?

It's gold farming in MMOs in a slightly different format.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
honestly if PUBG dies due to hackers/idling/other cheats that's probably it for me for videogames

PUBG is a diamond in the rough and the most fun I've had playing a game literally ever. To have it ruined by the community would be like ok why have I spent like 60 real life days playing this poo poo?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

abigserve posted:

ok why have I spent like 60 real life days playing this poo poo?

Sounds like you've gotten plenty of value out of those $30 or whatever the game costs

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
What does bluehole and donald trump have in common?

Instead of fixing their poo poo, they take to twitter to complain about it some more

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Is this just cheat advertisers mass-buying new copies: http://steamspy.com/app/578080

1 million more sold in 3 days, BH must be secretly loving this

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Double Bill posted:

Is this just cheat advertisers mass-buying new copies: http://steamspy.com/app/578080

If they are banning cheaters at the rates they say then probably. Millions more copies have to be bought to get the hackers back up and running so they can keep farming BP for poo poo to sell.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

abigserve posted:

honestly if PUBG dies due to hackers/idling/other cheats that's probably it for me for videogames

PUBG is a diamond in the rough and the most fun I've had playing a game literally ever. To have it ruined by the community would be like ok why have I spent like 60 real life days playing this poo poo?

LOL, same here. I'll probably pick it up on Xbox over the winter and play from the couch when I get some free time. I dont see any other game giving me the same rush.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Double Bill posted:

The problem is that this pace of buying will only continue until stronger anti-cheating mechanisms are implemented, and until that happens fewer legit players will buy and play the game. As the legit players drop off the game won't be as profitable (or at all) for the makers of these cheats to keep buying accounts, which could lead to an imploding user base.

If all they want to do is make as much money as possible today, yes, they are loving this. If they want a sustainable income stream with DLC, paid loot crates, etc for the next couple years this needs to be fixed.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

PUBG's latest statement regarding cheaters and their anti-cheat measures:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1460716951668332616

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Games › PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - Ban China

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I just got a little bit sad thinking about how much Osama would have enjoyed PUBG

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

New Zealand can eat me posted:

I just got a little bit sad thinking about how much Osama would have enjoyed PUBG

Fucker can't even camp stairs.

He was, however, really loving good at avoiding red zones.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
There are simple macros that can completely counter recoil now? :wtc:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

hey remember when they spent months hunting down and banning stream snipers.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

fknlo posted:

I thought the spray pattern in pubg was random and not something you can write a macro for like CS.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's not for the spray pattern, it's the recoil which makes your reticule jerk up upon shooting

Nika
Aug 9, 2013

like i was tanqueray
Is anyone up for squad play? I'm getting tired of guys who sound like Vladimir Putin yelling at me YOU GIVE ME SUPRESSOR YES. YOU GIVE ME. I GIVE YOU GRIP. YOU GET GRIP AND GIVE ME SUPPRESS, YES. IS BETTER. IS NO ARGUMENT.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvyChayfpI

read the op

Nika
Aug 9, 2013

like i was tanqueray

:saddowns: Thank you!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fknlo posted:

Not now, more like always. That shouldn't be surprising. Writing a macro to counter recoil is less than a one day job and you're still left with plenty of time to write something that automatically recognizes the gun you're using and even adds some random errors to make it less obvious if you want to go that far.

mashed_penguin posted:

I thought the spray pattern in pubg was random and not something you can write a macro for like CS.

If someone really wants to, that someone can write an AHK macro for random spray patterns.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 3, 2017

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Elentor posted:

If someone really wants to, that someone can write an AHK macro for random spray patterns.

How would you do that without some sort of feedback from the game itself feeding into the macro?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

mashed_penguin posted:

How would you do that without some sort of feedback from the game itself feeding into the macro?

It’s not perfect recoil control but it’s a lot better than nothing.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mashed_penguin posted:

AHK gives you access to the image pixels. If the crosshair moves tridimensionally with the recoil, you can trace a very small part of the screen for super high performance and recreate a velocity vector from it.
If it doesn't, you can create a velocity vector with less precision and performance by manually deriving some of the background pixels.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Elentor posted:

AHK gives you access to the image pixels. If the crosshair moves tridimensionally with the recoil, you can trace a very small part of the screen for super high performance and recreate a velocity vector from it.
If it doesn't, you can create a velocity vector with less precision and performance by manually deriving some of the background pixels.

Oh wow I didn't realize it could do stuff like that. That's pretty cool other than the whole cheaters ruining the game aspect of it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While that is indeed pretty cool, when it comes to AHK you can do far more inane stuff if you put your heart to it.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Double Bill posted:

Considering they are probably all bought fraudulently with stolen credit cards, I assume BH doesn't even get the money for those sales. They get the numbers though, which I'm sure they like.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bohemian Nights posted:

Sounds like you've gotten plenty of value out of those $30 or whatever the game costs

Eh I know the feeling. PUBG got as close to the feeling of CS 1.X as I've ever experienced in terms of just compelling you to play more and want to get better. There was an insane amount of potential and future in the game. Unfortunately, the people who refuse to buy EA games were proven right as it eventually became clear how utterly incompetent Bluehole is. It sucks cuz I want to love PUBG, but idk how they're going to fix it. The current situation with hackers is a symptom of BH's ridiculous fuckups. As people love to point out, game systems can't be overhauled quickly, it takes time to change stuff... well they have to overhaul like half of the game and put it server-side. Movement is entirely client-side. Shooting is entirely client-side. Damage per bullet is client-side. Bullet velocity is client-side. Walls and obstacles are client-side. Basic engine.ini commands that anyone with half a brain would not have left unlocked were left unlocked. The concept is solid and BH brought BR games to the widest audience yet, but just lol if you think they're going to be able to fix all of that poo poo plus keep any of their other promises.

Also vaulting is now delayed indefinitely, again. Remember when they were saying vaulting would be out in August?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
well with the hacking situation at hand, the only vaulting i will be doing is to another game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Tonetta posted:

well with the hacking situation at hand, the only vaulting i will be doing is to another game

I think it's a bit over-blown, but then again I only play a few hours a week (5?) and only FPP.

I'm certainly not considering poo-pooing this game, I'm still having a lot of fun.

• Locked thread