Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Breetai posted:

Doki Doki literature club.
Go into it completely blind. No spoilers. It's free.
It starts dull and stupid. Then Something Happens. It's worth the wait. Pay attention to everything.

Enchanted Hat posted:

I just finished DDLC and I second this recommendation. It's really great if you go into it blind.

I'm going to go into this 12.8 percent proof tomorrow morning and I swear if it does not completely fulfill every need I could have as human being you'll not see me post again itt. Beet, other beet person, :toxx: by 4pm gmt +10 Nov 4 I will be completely fulfilled as a human being by doki doki literature club or ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Abuminable posted:

Plus, enemies need to be in visual range to be engaged and must be attacked manually.

And naval ships need to float, can't put weapons on the bottom of the ship (or the sides), etc.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

tooterfish posted:

And trough urinals.

In the verse those are called dream troughs and they cost $995 for the starter trough. In Stock

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Solarin posted:

In the verse those are called dream troughs and they cost $995 for the starter trough. In Stock

The inevitable consequences of peeking at the trough.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
/r/StarCitizen: "It happens when they change something... why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?"

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

:vince:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Thoatse posted:

I know your avee is not from this but it still makes me think of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTeYsURaBno

did I just post anime :ohdear:

Made by someone I passingly know IRL. Sort of. He's not been to events for a long time.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse posted:

did I just post anime :ohdear:

Yeah :rip:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I'm gonna go on the record here. I'm a loving bathroom genius. A urinal savant. If you pull up next to me, you bet your rear end I will start a conversation. I mean, it's fuckin' SPORT to me, only I'm the dream team and you're a rag-tag squad of hairy unathletic dads at the Y. My urinal game is like Jordan on a breakaway. poo poo's so elegant it makes the prima donna of the Russian ballet cry. I'll just fuckin' toss out a nugget of 24 karat small talk GOLD and even though you're dick-in-hand, you'll be absolutely loving POWERLESS against it. My conversational spell will draw you in like a cozy cabin in a snow storm. The instinctual fear as you realize I'm talking will be immediately washed away by how god drat witty, charming, and flat fuckin' APPROPRIATE my words are. You'll be so awash in a deep sense of relief as you ponder the depth and wisdom of my quip, and in that moment, when you are at your most vulnerable, I will sneak a peek.

That's right.

We know what we're holding, and we KNOW what you're holding.

Hell, if I feel like taking a victory lap, I'll even talk a guy down who's havin' a rough poop in the stall, let him know he's ok. Let him know he's among friends.

I am the master of the men's room. Pray you never meet me there.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

Taintrunner posted:

I think the Stellaris mod I downloaded is an ad for Star Citizen?

Wiz!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Is that a billboard mod? lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BoredGamerUK/status/926409113692725248
https://twitter.com/BoredGamerUK/status/926409853974786049

:gary:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Isn't it amazing how much stupid you can fit into 140 word segments?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Wuxi posted:

buh buh buh the angry SSD owners!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

drat, they didn't even bother to give the Intel shill-ships LTI? That's some weak poo poo, CIG. People are shelling out $500 for a variant of a ship that originally cost something like $200 and you can't be hosed to give them LTI?

CIG's gone so far into the ship-selling rabbithole that they can't even remember their own rules.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

drat, they didn't even bother to give the Intel shill-ships LTI? That's some weak poo poo, CIG. People are shelling out $500 for a variant of a ship that originally cost something like $200 and you can't be hosed to give them LTI?

CIG's gone so far into the ship-selling rabbithole that they can't even remember their own rules.

LTI sales stopped in 2014. Checkmate goonailure

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Fake it till you make it own every limited edition Porsche there is?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

You just had to, after I was reminded I knew a guy who did a cool animation, also remind me I also know one of the most gullible marks I've ever met.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dear Newegg:

Please issue an RMA for my Intel OPTANE.

Reason: No LTI on imaginary ship.

Thank You-

BoredGamer, Angry SSD User

Golli fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 3, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

Suboptane.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

2 months of insurance? That's going to run out before 3.0 even launches. :lol:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I could have sworn one of the tweets or whatever stated the new jpeg came with LTI

Did they really make it 2 month only LTI because they're just that scummy ?

Also reading the optane pdf from Intel , it looks like another case of serious marketing fluff, someone should buy an optane (Bootcha) and then complain to Intel that their marketing pamphlet doesn't include any of the 'rich gameplay' promised with star citizen

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Devon_Wiersma/status/926447435941138433

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Quavers posted:

LTI sales stopped in 2014. Checkmate goonailure

poo poo, he's right. Maybe this is it, the moment the sun breaks after our long night. Maybe this is when the tide turns and CIG starts keeping their word and making the actual ahahahahaha gently caress I tried

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Angry SSD users.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

BoredGamer at least recognizes that LTI is supposed be "Life Time Insurance".

Maybe he can explain to everyone exactly how it works, and why the SSD Users should be Angry about this sleight-Of-hand.

140 characters at a time.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

quote:

“I get quite frustrated with people looking at it through the prism of yesterday’s game business – a game like Star Citizen doesn’t have a release date,” Roberts confirms. “What it does have is us saying ‘It’s going to be at least this, and we’re probably going to grow features beyond this’. And while we’re building it, you can play it.

Guys he's frustrated because no one understands how to make games anymore.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Golli posted:

BoredGamer at least recognizes that LTI is supposed be "Life Time Insurance".

Maybe he can explain to everyone exactly how it works, and why the SSD Users should be Angry about this sleight-Of-hand.

140 characters at a time.

I expect an effort post by Ben shortly to clear up any confusion , and calm the super overpriced ssd havers

Or maybe a ham fisted comedy styling post by lando

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

FrozenLederhosen posted:

Guys he's frustrated because no one understands how to make games anymore.

Ah yes the 'yesterday game business' of making poo poo and shipping it to customers

That is so old school and backwards thinking , these days it's hip to make nothing and never ship anything

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Groundbreaking tech

Chris has made the world's first quantum game!

It exists in two simultaneous states until it is interacted with by the user. The game is both Alpha and Released Already.

Observer notes it is a buggy piece of crap: "It is Alpha. Send more money."
Observer notes it is a buggy piece of crap and they want a refund: "It is released. No refunds."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

tooterfish posted:

The rest of the space is taken up by gravity goo and toilet cubicles.

Fishtanks, bottles of interstellar booze, and jacket storage.

Mostly jacket storage.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CIG: I know kung fu.
Morpheus: Show me.
*five years later*
Morpheus: Ok, you nearly got your uniform on without strangling yourself. This is progress.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I've just read an amazing series of articles about how particle physicists have been using muon (cosmic ray) sensitive photographic plates in a technique called 'muon tomography' to look for the gameplay in Star Citizen.

Check it out, it's amazing - they detected a huge empty cavity where previously everyone thought there was a game.

https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaap/ncurrent/full/nature24647.html

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sunswipe posted:

CIG: I know kung fu.
Morpheus: Show me.
*five years later*
Morpheus: Ok, you nearly got your uniform on without strangling yourself. This is progress.

Morpheus: Also, you don't really need to wear 4 uniforms at the same time.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SomethingJones posted:

I've just read an amazing series of articles about how particle physicists have been using muon (cosmic ray) sensitive photographic plates in a technique called 'muon tomography' to look for the gameplay in Star Citizen.

Check it out, it's amazing - they detected a huge empty cavity where previously everyone thought there was a game.

https://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaap/ncurrent/full/nature24647.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7ahftv/was_checking_out_the_radar_app_from_citcon_when_i/

:ohdear:

What is going on??? Where is the game? What are these voids???

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Its only 8% complete, give it 15 more years time!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Anybody share this yet? Some interesting quotes from Crobberts out of this interview posted yesterday

http://www.mcvuk.com/articles/development/star-citizens-chris-roberts-talks-community-development-recruitment-and-rel

Chris Roberts posted:

“One of the reasons it’s taken so long is that we’re going for a sims level of AI,” says Roberts. “If you’re doing an FPS campaign, then there’s some AI, but it’s combat AI and actions are scripted. With us, our planets orbit and rotate around stars, and there’s night and day cycles, so the AI will have their schedules and you should just be able to populate a farmer and he’ll get up in the morning and go to his field, eat some lunch, and go back out to work. It’s all very systemic. That kind of AI takes much longer to build and have work.”

Last time I checked, they were saying that they weren't going to do orbital mechanics. This statement seems to run counter to that. Want to place bets on whether this is more technical debt or simply Chris Roberts not knowing what's going to be in his own game?

"Chris Roberts posted:

“We’re really focusing on systemic design,” says Roberts. “That should create emergent behaviour for a lot of things. It’s just giving the players the tools to do it. That’s one of our mantras – to build the systems and give the tools to the players – and, yes, we’ll put some designed content in, but we also want them to drive it. It’s the only way for a world like this to work. Otherwise, you can’t feed it with enough content.”

Reinforcing the idea of the 'pivot' from a rich handcrafted universe to a more player-driven system like Elite. Reddit's been calling us morons for years for saying they'll never be able to make enough content to fill these planets and solar systems, and here it is straight from the thumb's mouth...

Chris Roberts posted:

“I get quite frustrated with people looking at it through the prism of yesterday’s game business – a game like Star Citizen doesn’t have a release date,” Roberts confirms. “What it does have is us saying ‘It’s going to be at least this, and we’re probably going to grow features beyond this’. And while we’re building it, you can play it.

“Normally, the reason why people hold onto a release date is because ‘That’s when I can play it’ but you can already play Star Citizen now,” he explains. “You can’t play the Star Citizen that it will be, but you can play everything we’ve got to a level we feel comfortable letting the external world play.”

Yeah it's called early access, dude, and it doesn't mean you don't have a release date...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Anybody share this yet? Some interesting quotes from Crobberts out of this interview posted yesterday

http://www.mcvuk.com/articles/development/star-citizens-chris-roberts-talks-community-development-recruitment-and-rel

Last time I checked, they were saying that they weren't going to do orbital mechanics. This statement seems to run counter to that. Want to place bets on whether this is more technical debt or simply Chris Roberts not knowing what's going to be in his own game?

Reinforcing the idea of the 'pivot' from a rich handcrafted universe to a more player-driven system like Elite. Reddit's been calling us morons for years for saying they'll never be able to make enough content to fill these planets and solar systems, and here it is straight from the thumb's mouth...

Yeah it's called early access, dude, and it doesn't mean you don't have a release date...

It's old-ish, it was in a digital magazine, guess they posted the Croberts stuff as an article now

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=97709&perpage=40&pagenumber=20#post477788029

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

It's old-ish, it was in a digital magazine, guess they posted the Croberts stuff as an article now

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=97709&perpage=40&pagenumber=20#post477788029

:argh: