Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Turned over documents voluntarily

:lol:

A: Can't plead the Fifth when it comes to documents.
B: At this point, you have to assume that the FBI/DoJ knows 95% of what you should have, document/communication-wise.
C: You're even more hosed if you gamble on that 5%.
D: Kushner wants to go to federal prison as a legacy admission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

redneck nazgul posted:

A: Can't plead the Fifth when it comes to documents.
B: At this point, you have to assume that the FBI/DoJ knows 95% of what you should have, document/communication-wise.
C: You're even more hosed if you gamble on that 5%.
D: Kushner wants to go to federal prison as a legacy admission.

I'd also hazard a guess that the Feds in the US are like ours, if they ask you and you say no they roll up the next day and take ALL of your poo poo including electronic devices and storage media.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Spacman posted:

I'd also hazard a guess that the Feds in the US are like ours, if they ask you and you say no they roll up the next day and take ALL of your poo poo including electronic devices and storage media.

Yeah pretty much.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Julian_Epp/status/926157782109343749

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Trump has taken to Twitter this morning to apparently call for the FBI/DOJ to investigate Hillary.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/926403023861141504

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/926404584456773632

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/926406490763784194

Also, check out the :smug: oozing from this tweet about his account getting taken down.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/926401530013642765

:sad:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've always wondered if his idiocy is an act or if he really is that clueless about what is legal and what is illegal. Like if he's deliberately saying wrong/stupid poo poo because he either is stupid or he thinks his base is so stupid that he has to say dumb poo poo to make them happy.

The effect is sort of the same though, where he spouts dumb or authoritarian poo poo and the rest of the government just rolls their eyes and continues on with what they were doing already.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/926417546038923264

My favorite this morning.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I've always wondered if his idiocy is an act or if he really is that clueless about what is legal and what is illegal. Like if he's deliberately saying wrong/stupid poo poo because he either is stupid or he thinks his base is so stupid that he has to say dumb poo poo to make them happy.

The effect is sort of the same though, where he spouts dumb or authoritarian poo poo and the rest of the government just rolls their eyes and continues on with what they were doing already.

Neither. Narcissists create their own reality that you have to conform to. If you don't, you're in the wrong, not them.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Are the internal processes of a party really subject to government scrutiny? I would think they can run their internal 'elections' any way they want. Why would he think otherwise?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I love that he's calling on the Justice Department when his own Attorney General just got caught with proof of him perjuring himself.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This is my favorite

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/926404584456773632

PLUS, PLUS

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nuclear War posted:

Are the internal processes of a party really subject to government scrutiny? I would think they can run their internal 'elections' any way they want. Why would he think otherwise?

Yeah they can pick party officers however they want, but the finances related to campaigns are under federal scrutiny and given the content of Brazile's article there might be something to investigate there.

Please note, this is not me advocating for another investigation into Hillary in any way.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nuclear War posted:

Because it's the internal processes of an organization that has not given him fawning adulation and endless praise at every opportunity. They must be badwrong enemies.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

It's the former. He, or any of his family, don't know what is illegal and what isn't. They probably aren't billionaires, but they're just rich enough that they fall into the having lawyers on retainer to make problems go away with money bracket, so they've probably felt pretty invincible and law abiding their whole lives. So because he hates Hillary he assumes everything she does that is shady is illegal, and anything he does is Good and Right and Legal.

I'd bet my house that Kushner, Ivanka, and Jr had no idea that any of the Russia stuff was illegal until after the probe started and Trump's lawyers started resigning back in June (which, JFC, would have been A Thing That Mattered in any other timeline).

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Arven posted:

I'd bet my house that Kushner, Ivanka, and Jr had no idea that any of the Russia stuff was illegal until after the probe started and Trump's lawyers started resigning back in June (which, JFC, would have been A Thing That Mattered in any other timeline).

That is exactly what I love about this. When your lawyer shits it and does a runner it is a bad sign to most people, I'm guessing when you have had a parade of lawyers since childhood one of them chucking their hands up and walking away is a footnote, a don't invite to the christmas do for the plebs, not a holy poo poo, what the gently caress am I into moment.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Another holy poo poo moment that really didn't get much attention was the fact that Dana Boente, the AUSA that oversaw all the probe subpoenas for the Eastern District of Virginia, announced he was resigning shortly before the news of indictments got dropped. Something was enough to get a career government lawyer that was highly regarded and respected to peace the gently caress out.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Vasudus posted:

Another holy poo poo moment that really didn't get much attention was the fact that Dana Boente, the AUSA that oversaw all the probe subpoenas for the Eastern District of Virginia, announced he was resigning shortly before the news of indictments got dropped. Something was enough to get a career government lawyer that was highly regarded and respected to peace the gently caress out.

Yeah I literally said "holy poo poo" when I saw that news. Considering the timing with the indictments it seemed highly suspicious. No one else seemed to care so I figured I was reading too deep into it or missing something

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Was he the one who's going through major family medical issues or was that a different major lawyer?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Your Battle Buddy posted:

Yeah I literally said "holy poo poo" when I saw that news. Considering the timing with the indictments it seemed highly suspicious. No one else seemed to care so I figured I was reading too deep into it or missing something

The report I read said he was explicitly told by Sessions to resign.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

I thought Sessions was recused. :thunk:

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Stultus Maximus posted:

Ding Ding Ding

This looks really bad but it is ok becauseeeeee :kheldragar:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vasudus posted:

He was asked to resign by the administration.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

joat mon posted:

gee I wonder the gently caress why

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

joat mon posted:

:thunk:

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

That is sort of hosed

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Was that because he was an Obama appointee and therefore more likely to let special counsel poo poo through?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cowboy elvis posted:

Was that because he was an Obama appointee and therefore more likely to let special counsel poo poo through?

At this point, doesn't matter who appointed you, its getting through. If Sessions objects, he already has confirmed perjury against him, I doubt he's going to put his fingers into the meatgrinder anytime soon.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If you really want to get :tinfoil:, think about what happens if Sessions gets canned.

The new Attorney General nominee likely wouldn't need to recuse himself/herself, but Trump has made a nasty habit of personally interviewing US Attorney candidates and would likely do the same for AG. Does that mean if confirmed, that person would immediately fire Mueller? Would the Senate even allow a new AG? If Rosenstein becomes acting AG during that time, will Trump force him to fire Mueller, or would Rosenstein also recuse based on his background in the Comey firing?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CommieGIR posted:

At this point, doesn't matter who appointed you, its getting through. If Sessions objects, he already has confirmed perjury against him, I doubt he's going to put his fingers into the meatgrinder anytime soon.

Have you considered the possibility that he's a dumb old racist who thinks he can get away with it?

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

This is about judges who have special abilities in terrorism and international money laundering cases.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Chuck Grassley already said way back that he has no intentions of holding hearings for a new AG in 2017.

With taxes more than likely going to die, any attempt to fire or defang Mueller will likely result in either a 25th or straight up impeachment at this point probably.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

FAUXTON posted:

Have you considered the possibility that he's a dumb old racist who thinks he can get away with it?

He's stupid, but he's also aware of what's going on and is probably being advised.

Spacman posted:

This is about judges who have special abilities in terrorism and international money laundering cases.

He'll get them, unless Trump finds a way to fire Mueller, he'll get them.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/926227867347730432

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

Chuck Grassley already said way back that he has no intentions of holding hearings for a new AG in 2017.

With taxes more than likely going to die, any attempt to fire or defang Mueller will likely result in either a 25th or straight up impeachment at this point probably.

Not to go so far as to get all "nothing matters" but that's a tremendous amount of faith in the GOP you have there.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

Not to go so far as to get all "nothing matters" but that's a tremendous amount of faith in the GOP you have there.

If taxes die, they would have accomplished literally nothing including blowing two reconciliation deals (healthcare for 2017, taxes for 2018) and at least for now there are more establishment republicans than trumpkins. To save their own skins, I could see them all jockeying to be the One True Conservative. It sure as gently caress wouldn't be for the good of the party/country/etc.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Vasudus posted:

He has done literally gently caress all so far, and his tax plan is dead in the water. The only way he can respond is to go after Meuller, right?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vasudus posted:

If taxes die, they would have accomplished literally nothing including blowing two reconciliation deals (healthcare for 2017, taxes for 2018) and at least for now there are more establishment republicans than trumpkins. To save their own skins, I could see them all jockeying to be the One True Conservative. It sure as gently caress wouldn't be for the good of the party/country/etc.

Successfully stole an SC nomination. Started the ball rolling on the FCC sucking the dick of telecom corporations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I should specify; things that everyone knows about, cares about, and can see.

All of those mentioned things are important but go ahead and try and explain that to a random on the street.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So surprising nobody, Donna Brazile is a baldfaced liar.

https://twitter.com/walkthetalkbern/status/926206820611325952

The JDA agreement that gave Hillary full control? After the Primary.

And I do like how this hitpiece comes months after Brazile lost her position for ethical concerns.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Why do we still care about the DNC and the campaign again?

They're dumb, we know. Hopefully local organizing forces them to confront that so we don't shoot our dicks off before the 2018 cycle.

• Locked thread