Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
DanielZKlein's giving CertainlyT a run for his money have you read Kayn's tooltips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He's also a pedophile for sure, so they've got that in common. CertainlyT's champs are much better though.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Work Friend Keven posted:

He's also a pedophile for sure, so they've got that in common. CertainlyT's champs are much better though.

lmfao

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
makes you long for the work of riot lyte, a simple man who just wanted to be dominated and cheat on his wife

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Servaetes posted:

DanielZKlein's giving CertainlyT a run for his money have you read Kayn's tooltips

Oh for loving sure. I especially like Blue Kayn's passive that does additional magical based on pre mitigation physical damage but only up until so many seconds after the initial physical damage procc'd the passive. Furthermore *faaaart*

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Kayne is like the most boring champ they have released in ages.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Orrn

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
personally i love all the guys at riot. i think theyre all cool., and very normal. btw if anyone needs me ill be enjoying some cake

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

I like him. In general, I don't mind champions with one major unique mechanic that a somewhat generic kit is built around. His ability to walk through walls makes him wildly different to play as and against than any other champion, so the fact that his other skills are just "line attack" and "dash with AoE damage" don't bother me.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Nah he's really fun to play

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Kayn is refreshingly straightforward to play for a new league of legends champ in 2017 despite all the fine print needed to make his two form gimmick work

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Lovechop posted:

i only know about jojo's because of the fighting game that came out for dreamcast - what's the one that just drops a loving car on someone?? i want to do that

It's a steamroller, and his name is Dio

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Kayn, like all daniel Z klien champs, does one thing reasonably well thanks to a series of incredibly obvious ham handed uninteresting bullshit mechanics. And like all danny Z champs, the author hates his audience so he's incredibly clunky for no reason.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

He goes through walls, and gets a percentage of either max health damage, or additional magic damage. Woah, such bullshit

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

mundo damage big

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

looking forward to calling the new champion gappy and confusing the hell out of people. by the way just a reminder that yordles and blue tiny things like poppy and tristana used to be a separate species

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
The Megling Genocide is not forgotten, don't worry.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

The Megling Genocide is not forgotten, don't worry.

I'm amazed that have managed to retcon the lore for this game as often as they have seeing as it barely matters at all

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Some more word clouds. Try and guess the champions.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lmao Draven's has tyler1 as one of the words

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm chortling at "science" being one of Yasuo's big ones, because as far as I can tell, its foreign usage is along the lines of, "It's science that you will lose if you have a Yasuo on your team."

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Anivia is indeed a slow bird

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Lux one is very much the playing against Lux experience.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

pog boyfriend posted:

looking forward to calling the new champion gappy and confusing the hell out of people. by the way just a reminder that yordles and blue tiny things like poppy and tristana used to be a separate species

i know everyone hates certainlyt but i personally cant wait to be a huge rear end in a top hat that blinks every 3 seconds and can curve attacks apparently

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beautiful damage, combo everything well even skill. Get burst, one really iconic ult range. Simple kills, annoying personality, especially laugh. Really.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I like the idea of a team choosing lovely summoners just to cripple one player.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

are people actually going to use that new keystone that lets you change your summoner spells in-game? How much is it worth being able to take a combat summoner for laning and then switch to teleport midgame?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I just saw the Zoe trailer and I got some Chromie feels. Even the spacey place she hangs look like caverns of time.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It's impossible to know what keystones / runes are actually good, at this time. There's one that gives you old phage effect but theres also a bunch that are straight up damage so idk.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Tales of Woe posted:

are people actually going to use that new keystone that lets you change your summoner spells in-game? How much is it worth being able to take a combat summoner for laning and then switch to teleport midgame?

I'm sure people that like to wreck their lane opponent but don't get much mileage out of ignite later in the game (like Teemo) would probably consider that an option.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Switching summoners seems really useful for toplane bullies, like I can see Renekton taking it. It does mean you don't get a teamfight keystone though. Kind of hard to guess the impact without seeing it in play.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Tales of Woe posted:

25% summoner spell CD alone seems really good for Singed :unsmith: (also most of the other ones seem to loving suck for him :smith:)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

Honestly, it's some pretty drat insane utility when utilized properly. You take Heal/Barrier/Cleanse on TF into Syndra to survive the laning phase, then swap into TP when midgame rolls around and become an even greater roaming menace. Botlane can also make good use of it, with the support going Ignite for early kill pressure and then swapping into Heal or Exhaust later depending on team comp or how well the enemy divers are doing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

See you can say all of that but every time your opponent took a damage rune & what are you now, dream lord.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Imagine trading thunderlords for a third round summoner to be named later smdh

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Imagine trading thunderlords for a third round summoner to be named later smdh

teleport does allow you to just randomly win games past the forty minute mark so that would be the one utility i guess

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The draw is obvious but it's extremely not worth it if it makes you lose lane, because your opponent also has barrier/heal/ignite but additionally has a keystone rune that does something. Like currently crit damage increase runes are very strong late game but nobody ever takes them ever because they do next to nothing till 30 minutes.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

i know everyone hates certainlyt but i personally cant wait to be a huge rear end in a top hat that blinks every 3 seconds and can curve attacks apparently

me too man. additionally, i can not wait to call this character gappy and for the rune rework which will allow me to finally have optimal rune setups

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I know what champion I'm banning until the end of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Smol posted:

I know what champion I'm banning until the end of time

guess who is not getting invited to my sleepovers until the end of time

• Locked thread