Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Schnorkles posted:

the estate tax repeal and probably AMT repeal are both completely dead in the senate.

Why is that? Collins and another person are set to crush it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

I dunno, the whole point of the entire party is to shovel more money from public coffers into the vaults of billionaires. Like there's no level of the party from top to bottom where that is not goal #1

If the final draft ends up being a tax increase, it's just not going to get voted on

They could get a nice country loving handout to the 1% without any of this worry by inviting some bad Dems to the table but they still insist on this lol

If they actually wanted bad dems, they could just suggest a 3% across the board sunsetting tax cut that we throw on the credit card. Bush Tax Cuts Part 2. Everyone gets to go home and campaign on the fact that they cut taxes.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

the estate tax repeal and probably AMT repeal are both completely dead in the senate.

lol, I look forward to seeing what the markets are gonna do in response to the GOP being unable to deliver dump trucks full of money to them yet again

I'm still convinced it passes though, and with estate tax and AMT gone. I think some "vote on this and get a million/year salary as a 'consultant' to my lobbying firm after you announce your retirement" get tossed around to the waffling

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

sloppo posted:

trump's gonna reverse psychology us into a better society

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Main thing I remember about that season of Serial was by the end the picture of Berghdal that I had in my head was essentially if Dwight from The Office thought he could be a super soldier

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

a shampoo bottle fulla ranch

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

this is just for white people. no one else liked that garbage.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i mean i'd ignore the giant lists that are being posted about "THESE ARE WAHT THE REPUBLICANS ARE TAKING AWAY FROM YOU" becuase the whole point of the bill is to remove individual deductions and just group them under a much larger single deduction

this is fine and even could be good if done in the right way but the republicans have tweaked it in such a way that it literally is "more money for us gently caress you"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

you can barely fit toppings for a single pizza in that just go to the kitchen yall it aint that far :cmon:

well this assumes one of my desk drawers is a pizza oven

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the trump agenda is literally just easily destroyed-with-prejudice executive orders.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

awesome presidenting, great job!

i was hoping for more indictments while he was in the air but this is prob just as good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

walruscat posted:

as an extremely white person who doesn't hang out with white people very often, i can confirm

oh that reminds me to post the full version of your avatar

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Naerasa posted:

Why is that? Collins and another person are set to crush it?

Mike Rounds has already gone public saying he's opposed to estate tax repeal and multiple GOP senators have waffled on AMT.

Mike Rounds is decently close to leadership and is pulling a Moran and basically taking the fall for blowing something up when it doesn't have the votes.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

walruscat posted:

people liked that shti? :stare:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Good soup! posted:

gently caress i think i actually did the wee bay reaction irl because I had never thought to just say that

trump prefers the wee bae reaction

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

i mean i'd ignore the giant lists that are being posted about "THESE ARE WAHT THE REPUBLICANS ARE TAKING AWAY FROM YOU" becuase the whole point of the bill is to remove individual deductions and just group them under a much larger single deduction

this is fine and even could be good if done in the right way but the republicans have tweaked it in such a way that it literally is "more money for us gently caress you"

this might make more sense if they weren't also stripping the personal exemption out which will make it a wash for most people who currently itemize at best and most likely result in a tax increase

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

as an extremely white person who doesn't hang out with white people very often, i can confirm

is this that character from the magnus archives

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

a.lo posted:

A hot dog for breakfast??

Not hot dogs, Nathan’s Plumps cereal!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

well this assumes one of my desk drawers is a pizza oven

and you let the dough rise in your inbox? :q:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Mike Rounds has already gone public saying he's opposed to estate tax repeal and multiple GOP senators have waffled on AMT.

Mike Rounds is decently close to leadership and is pulling a Moran and basically taking the fall for blowing something up when it doesn't have the votes.

I think Moran should do it again because he has a funnier name

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Al! posted:

im going to let you in on a little secret. if you have a gap of employment just say "medical reasons" they are legally barred from asking you anything further about it

even if they don't ask you anything about it, do employers still see this as disqualifying and claim they're not hiring you for some other reason? asking for a friend, haha

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/hannahmosk/status/926239228509421568

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

of course if Trump sees someone named Rounds killing his bill he may not respond negatively, because it will make him think of golf and then he will have moved on to the next thought before he could tweet

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

Honestly why can't they just carry this poo poo out in normal order.

Write a bill out in the open, take industry and expert input, build your caucus through input and tweaking as it goes along.

Why does Republican leadership think these super top secret rush job dog turd bills are the way to go?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

don't have followers

solved yer problem broad

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

brugroffil posted:

this might make more sense if they weren't also stripping the personal exemption out which will make it a wash for most people who currently itemize at best and most likely result in a tax increase

right

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

people liked that shti? :stare:

i grew up in Boston around mostly white kids. they loved the poo poo out of that trash.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Al! posted:

Who dropped a hive of Morgul Flies on Ivanka?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Finicums Wake posted:

even if they don't ask you anything about it, do employers still see this as disqualifying and claim they're not hiring you for some other reason? asking for a friend, haha

Speaking as an interviewer, this ain't 1950 when jobs grow on trees and pay well. I don't care if you have a gap, I care if you're shifty when I bring it up. Just have a good reason and you'll be fine

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
best of the series, imo

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

can trump just tell the judge colonel to execute the guy and since he’s commander in Chief he’s literally king or whatever and they have to do it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

brugroffil posted:

Honestly why can't they just carry this poo poo out in normal order.

Write a bill out in the open, take industry and expert input, build your caucus through input and tweaking as it goes along.

Why does Republican leadership think these super top secret rush job dog turd bills are the way to go?

because the GOP doesn't have a coalition capable of governing and leadership basically has to try to force feed things to corral the lunatics in the caucus

it doesn't work, but they don't really have other options

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

has triple sulk said trump today I need a primo trump to trump

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Finicums Wake posted:

that's the other side of it, your resume might just get tossed if there are gaps unless they're really interested in you for other reasons

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Epic High Five posted:

Speaking as an interviewer, this ain't 1950 when jobs grow on trees and pay well. I don't care if you have a gap, I care if you're shifty when I bring it up. Just have a good reason and you'll be fine

:hai: thank you for the advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Al! posted:

im going to let you in on a little secret. if you have a gap of employment just say "medical reasons" they are legally barred from asking you anything further about it

holy fuckin poo poo

finally, after pouring over 1/10 of my life into this thread, something valuable. Thanks Al!

• Locked thread