Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Pretty much the start of it all https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/925202213416382465

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I honestly wonder why WWE decided to dump Emma but Dana Brooke is still there. I mean, Dana at this point will never be more than what she is now. Emma could have been moved to SD and done really well with the right push.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do a quick Google Image search if you're wondering why Dana Brooke is still around

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

I honestly wonder why WWE decided to dump Emma but Dana Brooke is still there. I mean, Dana at this point will never be more than what she is now. Emma could have been moved to SD and done really well with the right push.

Her fiance just died and she hadn't spent a lot of time off injured.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Also, doesn't Trips really like Dana

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/925787104025743360

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
12/6/17

Can't wait.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

DM Punk posted:

12/6/17

Can't wait.

:wtc: am I looking at here?

The Ashley Massaro Classic?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, I'm going to need more details. Social media's coming up with nothing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I always forget Ashley Massaro wasn't just around for a time but actually pushed in WWE.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, Rick Cataldo runs these Matter of Pride shows in the same building that NYWC runs. So, I guess, the next one will have this theme. Here's the tweet for it.

https://twitter.com/LGBTWrestling/status/925906918199132161

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hell yeah, that's awesome

Never heard of the Matter of Pride shows before :swoon:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

DM Punk posted:

So, Rick Cataldo runs these Matter of Pride shows in the same building that NYWC runs. So, I guess, the next one will have this theme. Here's the tweet for it.

I understand the pride part, but why is it called the Ashley Massaro Classic?

Cool LGBT friendly event though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
e: double posted for some reason

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

So is it a gay thing or what?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Rick loves the diva era of WWE. He's a big Sable, Ashley, Candice Michelle, etc fan.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

I understand the pride part, but why is it called the Ashley Massaro Classic?

I'm assuming she's helping organize it, which is really cool if so

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hm

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Knowing Rick, it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if Ashley had absolutely nothing to do with this and he's just using her name.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So like what the gently caress.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Knowing Rick, it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if Ashley had absolutely nothing to do with this and he's just using her name.

Ashley is infamous on New York/New Jerseys indies for no showing.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/925935851657355264

Tam Nakano and Kagetsu officially joined STARDOM. Hopefully this means a Kagetsu Red Belt run.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of STARDOM, Dave reported in the latest WON that WWE passed on Io Shirai not because of neck issues, but because of the fact that doctors found out that she has a heart issue. :smith:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Also that WWE are ducking Viper and Toni

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Like Toni is actually willing to sign and they're not doing it?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Nothing I haven't said here. They might get WWE UK deals ultimately.

But yeah WWE doesn't seem to be signing the likes of Mia Yim, Candice, Deonna et al anytime soon. They are on a big ethnic/international drive.

The word is they are unlikely to sign anyone from next week's WWE UK tryouts either.

January is the next NXT induction date outside of Ricochet I don't believe there are any other big name wrestlers set to join NXT that month. Just international people largely.

There is a PC in January tryout with some indie names pencilled in. With a view of having them report in April. April is supposedly when Tessa Blanchard and War Machine sign with WWE but both are kind of a running joke at that stage. Like Yokozuna joining WCW in 1999.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I feel like if WWE picks up anyone from STARDOM in the future, it would most likely be someone like Hana Kimura. She's shown rapid improvement in the ring, has the look WWE is going for, and is very young as well (20). I think the only complications she could have is that her mom is pretty much batshit insane, and her character work can be sorta sketchy at times.

I could eventually see Konami getting in as well, solely because she's the sole protégé of Asuka.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 2, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I feel like if WWE picks up anyone from STARDOM in the future, it would most likely be someone like Hana Kimura. She's shown rapid improvement in the ring, has the look WWE is going for, and is very young as well (20). I think the only complications she could have is that her mom is pretty much batshit insane, and her character work can be sorta sketchy at times.
You basically just described Paige before she was signed...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

You basically just described Paige before she was signed...

I don't think Paige's mom yells/screams at people irl and on twitter about reselling products at a cheaper price. (The Puro Central Shop guy got yelled at by Kyoko for selling stuff from Hana at a lower rate for US residents because its expensive as hell to import from Japan. He even offered a decent cut of the profits to Hana, apparently.)

Kyoko is absurdly overprotective of her daughter (and loves to micromanage her image) which I understand, but still.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 2, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm pretty sure Saraya's sent her goonsquad after more than one creeper.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Like I "get" WWE not signing Viper but why the hell would you pass on Toni? Every reaction I've seen to her MYC performance has been incredibly positive.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Svensken posted:

Like I "get" WWE not signing Viper but why the hell would you pass on Toni? Every reaction I've seen to her MYC performance has been incredibly positive.

I imagine one of the reasons may be because they have a decent amount of great female talent in NXT already. Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce, Ember Moon, Kairi Sane, Shayna Baszler (I would say she's more good than great though), Bianca Belair(still green, but has a lot of potential), Ruby Riot, and probably a few others I missed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Svensken posted:

They don't need to Mandys, brother.

Seriously she's only 22 and will improve more the indies that she would in NXT. She needs to mature in some ways too. If you ask people who wrestle her or know her she gets really nervous before her matches and things like that. Her time will come.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Never thought I'd see the day being a blonde white woman would hurt your chances with the WWE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, what I got from the Observer note was I figured WWE were waiting to see if ITV or someone bite on the UK show, and then to see if there's room for women's matches on it, presumably then they'd sign Toni, Viper and maybe a Kaylee Ray.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
PWI did the 2017 Female 50. Here's the list. 1 - 50.

1 Asuka
2 Charlotte
3 Alexa Bliss
4 Sasha Banks
5 Bayley
6 Io Shirai
7 Natalya
8 Sienna
9 Naomi
10 Kairi Sane
11 Mercedes Martinez
12 Shayna Baszler
13 Rosemary
14 Lufisto
15Mayu Iwatani
16 Mia Yim
17 Allie
18 Ember Moon
19 Becky Lynch
20 Madison Eagles
21 Nicole Savoy
22 Nia Jax
23 Candice LeRae
24 Toni Storm
25 Hiroyo Matsumoto
26 Chelsea Green
27 Saraya Knight
28 Shazza McKenzie
29 Kay Lee Ray
30Mickie James
31 Dakota Kai
32 Nicole Matthews
33 Alex Windsor
34 Deonna Purrazzo
35 Abbey Laith
36 Risa Sera
37 Piper Niven
38 Carmella
39 Ruby Riot
40 Nikki Cross
41 Vanessa Kraven
42 Santana Garrett
43 Tessa Blanchard
44 Arisa Nakajima
45 Lady Lory
46 Shotzi Blackheart
47 Veda Scott
48 Jazzy Gabert
49 Marti Belle
50 Zoey Skye

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
About what you'd expect, given that this is literally the first time a Japanese male topped the 500.

Edit: Wait, MALENKO was #1 in '97 and Misawa was #2? I love Dean, but what the gently caress?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PWI's rankings are arbitrary and have never stated their metrics for ranking(if they even exist).

really excited Tam's fulltime with Stardom now. I've been on wrestling hiatus since I went crazy and watched a bunch of Kamen Rider but I'm gonna get back on this bullshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're kayfabe rankings. It's basically a ranking of how well you're booked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Manami Toyota retired today. Loved her matches in CHIKARA.