Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

It's not really hard to guess given that Blizzard strives to always be as cliche and predictable as humanly possible, and we've had suspicion that Alex and Hanzo have been in the next batch of releases for a while now.

As much as I enjoy knowing months in advance what the new heroes are going to be I feel like it does take something away from an event like this. Hanzo is kind of whatever, like nobody would be surprised that all of the Overwatch heroes will eventually appear, but out of Warcraft's cast of thousands, who would have guessed Alexstrasza would be the next one in line? It would have been a cool reveal even despite the probably groan-worthy cinematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Kyrosiris posted:

Lol, that was also my first thought.

Wonder if he'll be as loving worthless but almost universally picked.
Blizzard has done a pretty good job of balancing heroes, I doubt he'll be useless but he could definitely be a new Chromie or Kel-Thuzad, ie a character worthless in most hands because they can't land a drat skillshot.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Hooray, more Overwatch mobility creep.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

If Overwatch is anything to go by his Q will probably be an arrow skillshot with the same width as Hyperion. I'm not sure how the HotS engine would handle the ricochets from scatter arrow - maybe just give him a point and click E that does enough damage to 1-shot most of the cast, that should preserve his OW fantasy pretty well.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lucifirius posted:

Hooray, more Overwatch mobility creep.

When I think of highly mobile heroes, I sure think of Hanzo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SirSamVimes posted:

When I think of highly mobile heroes, I sure think of Hanzo

He's gonna be able to climb over walls and get away

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh no. Not the walls. Listen if it was Winston, maybe. Monkey man is all about jumping into the action. Hanzo can climb walls and use worthless skill shots. I don't think you can go AaaahnbsjedkywaMOBILITYCREEP on him. Not until we see his actual skill set.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I hope Sonar Arrow is an AoE with a large signt radius and if you hit 20 people with the actual arrow you can fire it globally.

I also hope you have to hold his q down to charge it up for headshot insta-kills

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

bamhand posted:

I mean no one takes Butcher's cleave ... not sure what point that proves.

If you have Zag/Kael/Jaina/Guldan/Sylv/Xul etc on your team you prob don't need the additional wave clear of cleave. If you have Genji and Raynor then yeah you probably want more wave clear. Like I said if you're nailing multiple people with your combo every team fight then cleave is great. If you're hitting that one squishy hanging out in their back line then cleave does nothing for you.

It me, the Cleave Taker

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I really, really hope that the Firebat is also announced in the same way that Tracer was - mostly finished, but not ready for implementation yet. I'm not impressed by Hanzo or Alexzsas;lgdasldtkjasldrkhasdlkfjasra.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I can't wait to scatter arrow Cho'Gall's feet and kill him straight away.

I'll forever be salty about Hanzo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Junkrat is nothing like his OW character so Hanzo might be the same. I'm a little more optimistic about ow characters since junkrat.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Midnightghoul posted:

Chinese Blizzard site leaked the splash/loading art for the next update, in case you were wondering about hero order

yes

yes!!!!!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

An actual mmr system like overwatch and sc2 is a possible thing to announce. The concept of promotion games is dated.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Just for posterity

Hanzo is a dumb anime

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:siren: Pull Party brawl is back :siren:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

lmfao I have not seen that quote before.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The next year, Widowmaker was released.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

No Wave posted:

The next year, Widowmaker was released.

Also Tyrande in HotS, with the extra thickness and less clothing. The Blizzard thirst is real.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I hope that the new character is Zerglings and each talent tier there is always one you can pick which is “you get another zergling” and then at 20 it’s “you get two more zerglings”. I’m gonna zergling bodyblock you motherfuckers and it’s gonna be beautiful

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Really hoping I like Alex's kit because I'd love another hero to play a ton of and she's supposedly at least half supp or something?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Bah checked the schedule and HotS announcements aren't until 5 PDT / 8 EDT. I want video game news while I'm at work dammit!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

BrianBoitano posted:

Bah checked the schedule and HotS announcements aren't until 5 PDT / 8 EDT. I want video game news while I'm at work dammit!

The opening ceremony is going to have all the major announcements for each game. The specific game panels will just go into more details about that stuff

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Macaluso posted:

The opening ceremony is going to have all the major announcements for each game. The specific game panels will just go into more details about that stuff

:dance: thanks! That's in 30 minutes. I've got the youtube stream up and waiting.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Macaluso posted:

Wait seriously? I assumed the panels named What's Next that are gonna be afterwards would be the actual reveals...

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kalko posted:

If Overwatch is anything to go by his Q will probably be an arrow skillshot with the same width as Hyperion. I'm not sure how the HotS engine would handle the ricochets from scatter arrow - maybe just give him a point and click E that does enough damage to 1-shot most of the cast, that should preserve his OW fantasy pretty well.

I was going to make the joke that ult 1 is obviously the dragon and ult 2 is obviously scatter arrow.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I hope that the new character is Zerglings and each talent tier there is always one you can pick which is “you get another zergling” and then at 20 it’s “you get two more zerglings”. I’m gonna zergling bodyblock you motherfuckers and it’s gonna be beautiful

This would unironically be great and I would play them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

I was going to make the joke that ult 1 is obviously the dragon and ult 2 is obviously scatter arrow.
His second ult is getting replaced by a better hero when he respawns.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

frajaq posted:

Wait seriously? I assumed the panels named What's Next that are gonna be afterwards would be the actual reveals...

Usually they give the teaser videos in the opening ceremony and then later on they release the actual game play. Usually they open with the cinematic WoW expansion reveal but then put the gameplay trailer during the conference.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

First 4 minutes were a cuddlefest / circlejerk with "Friends you meet through Blizzard games are forever"

God I hope not :barf:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

HotS dude just came on stage

e: Alexszstrazxsya and Hanzo have a normal duel, then the last second they tease a new battleground with some (WoW?) spire?

Alex's dragon form has something to do with her or an ally being near to death

Dude just described Hanzo as "nimble"

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 3, 2017

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
So Hanzo and Dragon woman whose name I can't spell confirmed.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Alex is a support.

lol.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Alexstraza and some lame dude I don't care about. Works for me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Performance based mmr, noooooooo

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Skins from the 4chan leak were there, so RAYNOR REWORK IS GO

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

Performance based mmr, noooooooo

And voice chat, nooooooo

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Something about laning is changing

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Holy poo poo I'm super stoked for performance based matchmaking. I hope it's not horrible garbage and I'm really curious how exactly it's gonna work.

Oh and Alexstraza yes please!

Cuatal fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Well if the MVP system in HotS or the POTG system in OW is anything to go by...