Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Hillary winning by millions of votes is nothing more than trivia with the hosed up electoral system in the US.

If you didn't have a hosed up electoral system, Bernie wouldn't have had to run as a Democrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
PJ is a fine poster. Plus in the time I've been following the thread she called Trump's Charlottesville outburst perfectly at least a couple days in advance, so even if that's the only one you can't say she's never been right. Just loving let her post her poo poo, and maybe try actually trying to understand what she's saying. Personally I'm shocked that this stupid November 4 antifa apocalypse is getting traction at all even in right wing media and even if she's wrong about why it's happening she at least has something interesting to say about it.

Besides that it's a real classy move to take the posts of a person who has been open about their issues with mental health and to feign concern for their well-being while shaming them for it.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

sorry that I don't find political theories filled with "otherkin" references interesting

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Man, that guy from 10 pages/45 minutes ago is right, the involuntary reaction of the thread regulars to primary chat mimicking a vampire in a garlic factory is completely unreasonable.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Hastings posted:

I agree that people under the age of 40 say they hate conservatism, but who is the face of the new Nazism? Twenty somethings. We've publicly seen right wing behavior out in the open in a way not seen for decades. Under 40's may claim socially progressive behaviors, but politically, I'm not so sure. I think there is a real possibility we are viewing this through Hilary Clinton 2016 lenses: that our win is all but tied up, but then we get shocked when it turns out the polls were wrong. People can say one thing, but they just may be ashamed that their personal views are very different.

Like, seriously, those 20 somethings who are the face of neo-nazis are a super minority of 4chan neckbeards. The only people who support Nazis are boomers and 4channers. They are a hyper small demographic. They must be defeated, but, once conservative boomers die, it will be 1000 to 1 in our favor. Like, seriously, there are serious threat, but we've seen time and time again that it's near impossible for them to ever show up in sizable numbers. Charlottesville is the only exception and that was a shitshow for them. They kill the woman and then since then cannot get more than 50 people to show up and every time they do show up over 10,000 people showed up to attack them. I don't think the 20-something demographic is going to join them.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Hastings posted:

I agree that people under the age of 40 say they hate conservatism, but who is the face of the new Nazism? Twenty somethings.
From what I can tell it's obese fifty-something Hell's Angels also-rans with lots of guns but who can't aim for poo poo.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

Besides that it's a real classy move to take the posts of a person who has been open about their issues with mental health and to feign concern for their well-being while shaming them for it.

This. For fucks sake people, shut up about PJ.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I prefer food chat derails to "posting about posters posting about posters" derails so with that in mind....

buffalo wings are dumb just go get real chicken instead

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Also a pro opinion.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Casey Finnigan posted:

Yeah, if it were up to me people would get banned for that type of poo poo, it's really not cool.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Casey Finnigan posted:

PJ is a fine poster. Plus in the time I've been following the thread she called Trump's Charlottesville outburst perfectly at least a couple days in advance, so even if that's the only one you can't say she's never been right. Just loving let her post her poo poo, and maybe try actually trying to understand what she's saying. Personally I'm shocked that this stupid November 4 antifa apocalypse is getting traction at all even in right wing media and even if she's wrong about why it's happening she at least has something interesting to say about it.

It's not feigning concern when they're actually coming off as having some sort of paranoid episode. PJ can post well sometimes, but encouraging/defending them when they get like Covok at his worst does more harm than anything else.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Trabisnikof posted:

I prefer food chat derails to "posting about posters posting about posters" derails so with that in mind....

This doesn't make sense. Buffalo wings are real chicken. And the sauce used makes the chicken taste better. Chicken is a bland meat unless you spice it. I don't care if that's buffalo sauce, jerk chicken, or just pepper and salt. But you got to spice it. How can you not like buffalo sauce? What America are you from? Are you one of those weirdos who don't like spicy food?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boris Galerkin posted:

PJ has her own god drat thread to post her lovely conspiracy theories so I don’t understand why she posts them here.

Again, if you don't like her, put her on ignore.

Seriously, if I didn't know any better I'd say people were just coming here to call a trans person mentally ill or something.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
If anything, be a little extra aware of dorky white guys when you're out tomorrow

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Casey Finnigan posted:

I know this is directed at me, so I want to publicly apologize to Prester Jane. My intention was to empathize because I have had a history of those kind of pervasive thoughts when I was at my worst, and it stung because I saw a repeat of that pain in her posts. My goal was to come across with concern while maintaining a tone of care that I did not see in the other posts. I was not trying to shame. I am very sorry PJ, for hurting your feelings and expressing myself irresponsibly. I have a mental illness as well, and I would never want anyone to shame me either. I am truly sorry. There is no excuse.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pakled posted:

There's a lot of abominable stuff here, but I particularly like "a great nation keeps its word."

I would load the Wikipedia article on "Treaties broken by US Government" but my phone is old and would explode trying to load the gigantic page.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

empty whippet box posted:

This is some really hosed up, ableist poo poo to be saying to someone. Her posts make sense to me, you're just gaslighting her because you think she's an easy target and you want to look cool by bashing someone on the internet.

Why are you so loving obsessed with bashing PJ? Why not just put her on ignore? I swear you never have anything to say unless you're harassing her.

If you really cared about PJ, and weren't just posting this to shame her about past mental health problems and be a dick, then you'd do it via PM or you wouldn't do it at all. You're an rear end in a top hat.

gently caress off, I am a mental health professional and PJ is self admitted as someone with a schizophrenia diagnosis, there is no shaming here, but I do agree that PM should be more appropriate. From the most outside perspective it looks like these delusions are having a negative impact on PJ's quality of life. It is worth asking what kind of reality testing and grounding technique she does when she is putting together these theories. What she writes about aren't just overvalued ideas and she seems to be pretty worked up about them.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Zoro posted:

This doesn't make sense. Buffalo wings are real chicken. And the sauce used makes the chicken taste better. Chicken is a bland meat unless you spice it. I don't care if that's buffalo sauce, jerk chicken, or just pepper and salt. But you got to spice it. How can you not like buffalo sauce? What America are you from? Are you one of those weirdos who don't like spicy food?

I love spicy food and I love spicy chicken but you don't need to eat only one part of the chicken for a gimmick

also buffalo sauce is probably the lowest rung of spicy sauces in America. Somewhere near tabasco and below sriracha and well below any real salsa or hot sauce.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Trabisnikof posted:

why-not-both.gif

A well-cooked and well-seasoned buffalo wing is an exemplary form of poultry.

Trabisnikof posted:

also buffalo sauce is probably the lowest rung of spicy sauces in America. Somewhere near tabasco and below sriracha and well below any real salsa or hot sauce.
Repeat after me:

There Is No Such Thing As A Bad Hot Sauce (Except Frank's Red Hot).

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

The stuff PJ is saying about Alt-Right freakouts over the Antifa uprising tomorrow is in line with stuff I've read/listened to about the psychology of cults, so you guys getting all frothy about it are weirding me out.

My Antifa uprising is going to be a game night. I expect we'll play that house on haunted hill game, given the season. How about you guys?

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Trabisnikof posted:

I love spicy food and I love spicy chicken but you don't need to eat only one part of the chicken for a gimmick

Who the hell like sriracha sauce? It's not spicy and it's way too chunky. And not all buffalo sauce is made the same way. You can have it ridiculously spicy. They have contests about that. It's all about how you make it. Maybe your sauce is just wimpy. Also, you use the other parts of the chicken to cook different things. You don't just throw it out.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Avirosb posted:

If you didn't have a hosed up electoral system, Bernie wouldn't have had to run as a Democrat.

How is it a consequence of the electoral system? Sanders was free to run in any party he chose. Ross Perot won double digit percentage of the popular vote as a independent.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Munkeymon posted:

The stuff PJ is saying about Alt-Right freakouts over the Antifa uprising tomorrow is in line with stuff I've read/listened to about the psychology of cults, so you guys getting all frothy about it are weirding me out.

My Antifa uprising is going to be a game night. I expect we'll play that house on haunted hill game, given the season. How about you guys?

How about you play a game that isn't hot trash. Have you considered that?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Verranicus posted:

It's not feigning concern when they're actually coming off as having some sort of paranoid episode. PJ can post well sometimes, but encouraging/defending them when they get like Covok at his worst does more harm than anything else.

Prester Jane posted:

Let me state this plainly: there is an underlying human behavior that can cause individuals to believe that a specific date has been set for the end of the world. History has seen this play out many times. In the modern age the Internet has enabled this behavior to occur on much larger scales than before as people prone to this behavior naturally find each other and invent collective narrative's to jstify their belief in the impending apocalypse. Left to their own devices these individuals often make up a narrative out of a smrogasboard of popular media sources- which is what drove the Otherkin communities I was winvolved with. At present however political and business interests have figured out how to trigger this underlying behavior in order to support their own objectives and what we are seeing play out is a consequence of that.

Yeah what a loving unhinged hypothesis. Millenarianism, what's that?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Zoro posted:

Who the hell like sriracha sauce? It's not spicy and it's way too chunky. And not all buffalo sauce is made the same way. You can have it ridiculously spicy. They have contests about that. It's all about how you make it. Maybe your sauce is just wimpy. Also, you use the other parts of the chicken to cook different things. You don't just throw it out.

sriracha is not chunky.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Zoro posted:

Nah I'm just spoiled on salsas so I demote those vinegar based sauces in objective ranking of spicy sauces.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Casey Finnigan posted:

Is that when too much avocado toast dooms the world?

SoSimpleABeginning
Mar 6, 2010

From so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
The Great Twist

scuz posted:

A well-cooked and well-seasoned buffalo wing is an exemplary form of poultry.
Repeat after me:

There Is No Such Thing As A Bad Hot Sauce (Except Frank's Red Hot).

Huh? The original buffalo wing sauce is literally Frank's Red Hot.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Boy howdy is it ever a fun experience to have every thread I post in become a discussion about me instead of about my ideas or whatever the thread was about before I posted.

Not that its anyone's business but I am still stable on the same medication regime I have been stable on for years now and am actually in a pretty good place mentally right now. I also have been barely following politics and have been more focused my transition/recovery and using playing Go.

Hell, if you really care so goddamned much here is what my schizophrenic rear end actually does with most of my time- I play Go (I'm not very good or naturally talented at all, I just play it a bunch because it genuinely helps me keep my mind calm). My OGS account shows me playing about 80 games of Go via correspondence at the moment, and that is down from generally being around 120-150 active games. (I also play on Pandanet for live Go opponents- love me some cutthroat Chinese players.)

Now can we please make the thread about something other than my goddamned mental state or the unbelievably banal details of my life?

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 3, 2017

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
On the topic of chicken, I saw this on the sidewalk recently:

and I'm not gonna lie, it haunts me.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

Well the "political and business interests are secretly behind the Nov 4th meme" part isn't exactly helping

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

What kind of hot sauce for trump?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EmbryoSteve posted:

gently caress off, I am a mental health professional and PJ is self admitted as someone with a schizophrenia diagnosis, there is no shaming here, but I do agree that PM should be more appropriate. From the most outside perspective it looks like these delusions are having a negative impact on PJ's quality of life. It is worth asking what kind of reality testing and grounding technique she does when she is putting together these theories. What she writes about aren't just overvalued ideas and she seems to be pretty worked up about them.

While I might disagree with the extent of what PJ is worried about, the kernel is there and real. Best example would be Pizzagate. It was another apocalyptic right wing conspiracy that kept being built up in a small group. Obviously false on its face, but we still nearly had people get killed when a gun fetishist went in and sprayed his freedom stick all over Cosmic Ping Pong. Hell, we saw the same poo poo with the right playing up "Tiller the Baby Killer" until one of them went into a church and shot George Tiller during a service. Worrying that there's a contingent of unstable people who are being egged on w/r/t some mythical Antifa protest is reasonable, since this same group seems to the ones doing a large chunk of the domestic terrorism in the US.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Maybe the reason this thread has so many Prester Jane derails and food derails is because everyone is hungry. Stop taking your hanger out on PJ, guys. Just have a snack!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

rkajdi posted:

While I might disagree with the extent of what PJ is worried about, the kernel is there and real. Best example would be Pizzagate. It was another apocalyptic right wing conspiracy that kept being built up in a small group. Obviously false on its face, but we still nearly had people get killed when a gun fetishist went in and sprayed his freedom stick all over Cosmic Ping Pong. Hell, we saw the same poo poo with the right playing up "Tiller the Baby Killer" until one of them went into a church and shot George Tiller during a service. Worrying that there's a contingent of unstable people who are being egged on w/r/t some mythical Antifa protest is reasonable, since this same group seems to the ones doing a large chunk of the domestic terrorism in the US.

I don't know if Pizzagate was really apocalyptic...at least once the Al Capone Speakeasy boys were on the case.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

EmbryoSteve posted:

What kind of hot sauce for trump?

Is he eating a slice of pork like it's a popsicle??

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prester Jane posted:

Boy howdy is it ever a fun experience to have every thread I post in become a discussion about me instead of about my ideas or whatever the thread was about before I posted.

Not that its anyone's business but I am still stable on the same medication regime I have been stable on for years now and am actually in a pretty good place mentally right now. I also have been barely following politics and have been more focused my transition/recovery and using playing Go.

Hell, if you really care so goddamned much here is what my schizophrenic rear end actually does with most of my time- I play Go (I'm not very good or naturally talented at all, I just play it a bunch because it genuinely helps me keep my mind calm). My OGS account shows me playing about 80 games of Go via correspondence at the moment, and that is down from generally being around 120-150 active games. (I also play on Pandanet for live Go opponents- love me some cutthroat Chinese players.)

Now can we please make the thread about something other than my goddamned mental state or the unbelievably banal details of my life?

What??? You play Go??? I'm a 6k player on pandanet, we shall discuss this further. By the way, there is a Go thread in ask/tell.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Vladimir Putin posted:

sriracha is not chunky.

The weird one with the rooster on it is.

Trabisnikof posted:

Nah I'm just spoiled on salsas so I demote those vinegar based sauces in objective ranking of spicy sauces.

What sense does that make? Are you going to put salsa on your chicken?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

Iowa.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Welcome to Iowa.

• Locked thread