Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

What's so bad about it, Dickeye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You should read a comic book because they worst comic is better than that

I'm not saying this because I'm proud or anything, but just as a point of reference: I started and stopped reading comic books in the 80s. ElfQuest was my jam. MY JAM.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Goon Danton posted:

What's so bad about it, Dickeye?

Which

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

precision posted:

I'm not saying this because I'm proud or anything, but just as a point of reference: I started and stopped reading comic books in the 80s. ElfQuest was my jam. MY JAM.

Ladies and gentleman the person who likes Age of Ultron

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Age of Ultron. You seem to not be a fan. I'm getting that sense from your posts.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
more like age of dulltron

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Goon Danton posted:

Age of Ultron. You seem to not be a fan. I'm getting that sense from your posts.

It's like avengers multiplied by ten and the avengers is fuckin dreadful

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I wouldn't watch avengers if you threatened to hook a car battery to my balls

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Watching the Avengers with a car battery hooked to your balls would actually be preferable to just watching the avengers. At least you'd have something interesting going on.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ladies and gentleman the person who likes Age of Ultron

I'm not even the only one in this thread that likes it :cmon:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Electrostim Forced Avengers Watching is not only someone's kink, i bet it'll show up on the F Plus eventually

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Safety Factor posted:

Hello, Mr. Antifa. I hope your super soldiers are rested and ready for their big day tomorrow.

Mister Antifa

You could have saved America

I gave you all the clues

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Apparently Blizzard is making a last-ditch effort to bring people back to WoW by adding pretty much all the features people have been asking for since launch, which just makes them look like assholes for refusing to add them for a decade.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I finally got around to Wonder Woman and liked it quite a bit, but it isn't an amazing movie. Fun story, though the third act gets a little boring. Pretty atrocious dialogue, but the performances make it work. I really dug the more comical, naive Diana than any other version of her. Gadot is much better in this than BvS, but I'm still not sold on her. When she had to serve me grief or basically anything serious, I got nothing out of it. She has a rockin' stern look, though.

I've seen complaints about the action, and I thought it was shot and choreographed just fine. Like it looked super nice, but it felt super floaty even outside of all of the slow mo backflips. I didn't feel any impact, which is a bummer because this movie fully treats WW as this simply blowing through every obstacle until the end, which is fun as hell but the action scenes still felt off.

Good poo poo overall, though. And as a Greek-Canadian super fun to ironically nitpick.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 3, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Apparently Blizzard is making a last-ditch effort to bring people back to WoW by adding pretty much all the features people have been asking for since launch, which just makes them look like assholes for refusing to add them for a decade.

Do go on.

I've never played an MMORPG in my life but drama surrounding them is always hilarious.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Please elaborate. I played it a bunch back in vanilla in high school and gave a couple of expansions shots with some friends, but I only lasted like 2 weeks each time. As grown-rear end adult, there's no way I'm getting back into that poo poo, but I'm curious. I haven't followed the game at all so I'm left wondering what these features might be.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I also want to know. I played until a little after TBC dropped, then played a month before Draenor and the changes were fascinating. Are they adding back old poo poo, or adding things people have been asking for from the start?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Heard this at work today:

“The guy talks so much. He’s like the Terminator, the guy just never stops. He’s exactly like the Terminator.”

Been thinkin bout the Chatty Terminator ever since

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Anonymous Robot posted:

“The guy talks so much. He’s like the Terminator, the guy just never stops. He’s exactly like the Terminator.”

“I’ll be back. But I’m going to the grocery store first, I have to pick up a few things. I’m completely out of dish soap, and I need to get some. I also haven’t decided what to make for supper. I’m in the mood for Italian, but I know my wife doesn’t care for it. Maybe we’ll go out for dinner. What do you think?”

*John Conner shoots self*

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That reminds me of Kanye West's interpretation of Robocop

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
My quest continues...

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

CopywrightMMXI posted:

“I’ll be back. But I’m going to the grocery store first, I have to pick up a few things. I’m completely out of dish soap, and I need to get some. I also haven’t decided what to make for supper. I’m in the mood for Italian, but I know my wife doesn’t care for it. Maybe we’ll go out for dinner. What do you think?”

*John Conner shoots self*

seriously though if you guys see Sarah Conner let me know, I’ve been running everywhere looking for that chick!! First I went to this night club and it got totally outta hand, there was this girl and

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Detective No. 27 posted:

Do go on.

I've never played an MMORPG in my life but drama surrounding them is always hilarious.

The big thing looks to be making world pvp a toggle for everyone instead of a server thing and allowing you to make characters of both factions on all servers

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
They're getting rid of artifact weapons though which is bullshit because that was the best part of Legion, which was a good expansion

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

K. Waste posted:

My quest continues...

this one is super tight btw, it's one of the first ones i jumped on because of the title

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh lmao they're doing an official vanilla server, can't wait for the population to bottom out once everyone realizes that vanilla was a miserable slog

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Safety Factor posted:

Please elaborate. I played it a bunch back in vanilla in high school and gave a couple of expansions shots with some friends, but I only lasted like 2 weeks each time. As grown-rear end adult, there's no way I'm getting back into that poo poo, but I'm curious. I haven't followed the game at all so I'm left wondering what these features might be.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Do go on.

Official Vanilla servers (meaning you can play without any of the expansions if you think they made the game less fun over time by changing it too much). Scaling challenge level and XP gain in every zone, meaning you don't have to go quest in zones that you find boring just because you're too high/low level for the ones you actually want to do. You can now play as "sub-races" that have been part of the Horde and Alliance forever but weren't playable before. There's more but short of allowing Horde and Alliance players to group, it seems to be every single thing people have been asking for for ages.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Oh lmao they're doing an official vanilla server, can't wait for the population to bottom out once everyone realizes that vanilla was a miserable slog

You're talking about MMO players here. Miserable slog is the entire appeal. I have a friend who voluntarily plays loving EverQuest on one of those vanilla servers.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Detective No. 27 posted:

You're talking about MMO players here. Miserable slog is the entire appeal. I have a friend who voluntarily plays loving EverQuest on one of those vanilla servers.

Those things have absolutely tiny populations. Modern MMOs have come an insanely long way in terms of wuality of life stuff

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

precision posted:

this one is super tight btw, it's one of the first ones i jumped on because of the title

It's definitely the starkest one I've heard so far, of which I think Church of the Tapesplice/Timesplice is my fav.

I'm also mad disappointed that Citizen North isn't an actual movie.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Vanilla WoW loving SUCKS, even more so than the rest of WoW. Getting rid of artifact weapons is also so dumb.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So I guess they took the level scaling mechanic from GW2? I actually really liked GW2, but I just didn't have the time for an MMO when it came out and my friends way outpaced me. I don't think I ever got to max level.

Lurdiak posted:

You can now play as "sub-races" that have been part of the Horde and Alliance forever but weren't playable before.
Like what? Can you play a bison man or a walrus man?

A murloc?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GonSmithe posted:

Vanilla WoW loving SUCKS, even more so than the rest of WoW. Getting rid of artifact weapons is also so dumb.

There sounds like a similar system but on quote three pieces of armor which im reading as rings and neck or neck and trinkets

I would hope weapon drops are increased and improved, or are regular quest rewards in the new zones

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Safety Factor posted:

So I guess they took the level scaling mechanic from GW2? I actually really liked GW2, but I just didn't have the time for an MMO when it came out and my friends way outpaced me. I don't think I ever got to max level.

Like what? Can you play a bison man or a walrus man?

A murloc?

Murlocs aren't a thing yet. Right now it's reskins of a couple existing races

The level scaling isnt quite like GW. It's going to be from a lower bound to the level cap for a given expansion, so like Bsrrens would be idk 10-60 or whatever barrens is these days

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

He said "a pedophile ring."

He's got the attention of the world right now and careers are being destroyed on a daily basis, why not just strike it while it's hot now? The fallout might even make it easier to get his documentary produced.

With each passing day and more sordid and scandalous stories being released the film The Lonely Lady (1983) continues to grow in stature despite being extremely underwatched. A mere 792 ratings on IMDb.com.

The travails of one woman and her quest to make it as a writer/screenwriter in Hollywood. Pia Zadora plays Jerilee Randall. Nearly every single person in the Hollywood system is portrayed as some kind of deviant pervert: cocaine snorters, obese pervert financiers arranging trysts, old lecherous rich guys raping starstruck and desperate women and passing them around like prostitutes. Avaricious womanizers looking for the next piece of meat. And they're mostly above the law.

Hollywood has never looked this awful. It's such a brutal and cynical takedown of the system that it's no wonder it's never been released on DVD. The film culminates with a crescendo as Jerilee accepts what looks to be the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay:

Jerilee: "I don't suppose I'm the only one who's had to gently caress her way to the top." *storms off stage*

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dA2mk8Hvq4
It was recently released on BD. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lonely-Lady-Blu-ray/175378/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Harvey might be arrested soon

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/926578335299395584

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Harvey might be arrested soon

oh wow, it really is happening.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Anonymous Robot posted:

Coworkers are so awesome. Before that crazy one got fired he asked me if i was a "ES JAY DOUBLE-EWWW". I couldnt believe there was someone in the real world actually saying the letters SJW. It was surreal.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Just watched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. The movie was OK, considering the bad press it got, I guess.

However that part, where those man eating aliens tried to dress up Cara Delevingne was loving hilarious.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
drat, your post got me hoping Valerian was on Amazon video but apparently it's not out until the 7th :(

had a blast seeing it in imax 3d whatever and need to see it again

• Locked thread