Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful
Just wanted to say thank you to Tyrod Taylor for what was basically garbage time TDs to help salvage his day. Gonna need every point I can get as I'm running Mack and Kenyan Drake as my RBs this week :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gobias Ind. posted:

As a 7-1 Zeke owner that will cruise into the playoffs, this actually blows unless he doesn't serve it at all this year.
yeah it sucks for fantasy purposes since the suspension is still almost definitely gonna happen and now he'll be missing fantasy playoff time when he serves it. On the other hand it pretty much frees you up to just drop him once the suspension kicks in

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Fast Luck posted:

yeah it sucks for fantasy purposes since the suspension is still almost definitely gonna happen and now he'll be missing fantasy playoff time when he serves it. On the other hand it pretty much frees you up to just drop him once the suspension kicks in

But what if it starts next week and he'd theoretically be available for Week 16 :cry:

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Did Shady get injured or something? I saw he sat out a few series in the first quarter. He went back in and did... nothing?

Didn't see anyone answer this. He looked awesome on those early runs and then they put in Tolbert for a few series for seemingly no reason (and he looked awful). The commentators were trying to figure out if anything was wrong with him, but he was just on the sideline with his helmet on and then came back in shortly thereafter. Wasn't clear if there was an injury, I don't think so...they just had to rely heavily on the pass later on as they were down heavily.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Felter Chesthard posted:

Another who lost Watson this week and picked up Goff. Carr was dropped for a tight end to cover Gronks bye. Drop Goff for Carr every time right? I have the claim in and it will clear tomorrow.

Probably? Carr hasn't looked great this season, but I'd still probably take him over Goff ROS. This week for sure.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

tonic posted:

Didn't see anyone answer this. He looked awesome on those early runs and then they put in Tolbert for a few series for seemingly no reason (and he looked awful). The commentators were trying to figure out if anything was wrong with him, but he was just on the sideline with his helmet on and then came back in shortly thereafter. Wasn't clear if there was an injury, I don't think so...they just had to rely heavily on the pass later on as they were down heavily.

At one point they said it was believed to be his groin as they saw him stretching that area on the sideline.

Pretty pissed he didn't goal line looks at the end. That rushing TD by tyrod was devastating.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
So is it safe now for me to drop McFadden for Goodwin?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

decypher posted:

So is it safe now for me to drop McFadden for Goodwin?

The situation hasn't really changed. It's just been delayed a week.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

The situation hasn't really changed. It's just been delayed a week.

Delayed till next year I bet.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Delayed till next year I bet.

Who knows.

The stay is only for this week. We'll go through more legal poo poo again next week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Considering this the third or fourth time this has happened I’d say it’s more likely he doesn’t get suspended.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
We need to check all these judges' fantasy teams. I bet they own him.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He will get suspended, it'll take effect next year. This isn't about anything other than "Can Roger suspend him for any reason, without any evidence, for whatever fictional reason he wants?"

And the answer is yes.

Edit: Buy low on Zeke if you can for this year.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The first part is true but idk about that advice. Zeke has been dragging this out all season, sure, but he's exhausting one legal option at a time in doing so, and I believe this is his very last one unless he gets a surprise decision from the 2nd Circruit.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Fast Luck posted:

The first part is true but idk about that advice. Zeke has been dragging this out all season, sure, but he's exhausting one legal option at a time in doing so, and I believe this is his very last one unless he gets a surprise decision from the 2nd Circruit. China

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm having a blast trying to trade Gordon because nobody agrees on his value, nor should they. People who value him don't have appropriate guys to trade, and people with good trade candidates don't have value.

Like I'm already 2-6 so I don't care if I have to hold on to him and have a wacky week 13, it's just fun to talk about with people across the league

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Felter Chesthard posted:

Another who lost Watson this week and picked up Goff. Carr was dropped for a tight end to cover Gronks bye. Drop Goff for Carr every time right? I have the claim in and it will clear tomorrow.

Sure, but don't sweat it if someone beats you to it. Carr and Goff are both QB10-15.

For more advice, Sataere and Spoeank have checked in with Start/sits: Demayrius, Richardson; Abdullah vs Peterson; WR sleepers; and Spoeank is calmly and unreasonably enraged about Thursday Night Football

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fast Luck posted:

The first part is true but idk about that advice. Zeke has been dragging this out all season, sure, but he's exhausting one legal option at a time in doing so, and I believe this is his very last one unless he gets a surprise decision from the 2nd Circruit.

Yeah the Courts of Appeal are supposed to be the final say but then Zeke's lawyers can still challenge state laws based on New York now and delay the suspension even longer.

Also can't the NFLPA also file suit and delay the NFL's lawsuit too?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Yeah, gently caress it. I'm dropping Morris. Can't do the sunk cost poo poo with 6 teams in position for byes this year.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Thinking about trying to trade away Hopkins now that Watson is gone and before his perceived value plummets. Anyone you guys would target? I heard Amari Cooper on a podcast, but that feels a little low?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Yesterday I got a trade offer from the dude who had Watson and Wilson. He's 2-6, and my QB options arent great. He sent over a trade of his Wilson for my Fournette straight up.

Hahaha no way, but I countered with my Thompson for Wilson. I have RB depth, Thompson is a flex for that team.

30 minutes later Watson tore his ACL.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cobb got dropped in 14 team (standard, 2 WR 2 RB Flex), is he worth stashing or even starting over Maclin this week?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hell no Cobb is worthless without Arod.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Poque posted:

Cobb got dropped in 14 team (standard, 2 WR 2 RB Flex), is he worth stashing or even starting over Maclin this week?

Nah

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Yeah Cobb is useless. I even dumped Adams in my 12 team 1PPR league (small bench).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Felter Chesthard posted:

Right now I’m just amassing as many QBs as my roster can handle to see which turd floats best. I have Goff starting, dropping Watson for Jameis tomorrow and throwing feelers out for Tyrod and Mariota and offering bench fodder.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 3, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

tonic posted:

Thinking about trying to trade away Hopkins now that Watson is gone and before his perceived value plummets. Anyone you guys would target? I heard Amari Cooper on a podcast, but that feels a little low?

I have Amari Cooper and Hopkins :)

Hopkins still got 16 targets in the Savage game and produced a little off of them. The Colts game should also boost his stock a bit if you want to wait on selling low.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dude is offering Gronk, Jay Ajayi, and TY Hilton for my Mark Ingram, Jimmy Graham, and Alex Collins. My starting RBs w/ flex are Shady, Melvin Gordon, and Ingram. I don't need TY nor want him. But what do you guys think about the upgrade to Gronk really is? I'm feeling Ajayi is gonna do fantastic as an Eagle. But, Ingram has been beasting it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Why would you voluntarily add TY Hilton to your team

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

89 posted:

Dude is offering Gronk, Jay Ajayi, and TY Hilton for my Mark Ingram, Jimmy Graham, and Alex Collins. My starting RBs w/ flex are Shady, Melvin Gordon, and Ingram. I don't need TY nor want him. But what do you guys think about the upgrade to Gronk really is? I'm feeling Ajayi is gonna do fantastic as an Eagle. But, Ingram has been beasting it.

I wouldn’t do this. Gronk isn’t much of an upgrade over Graham. Ingram is a top 10 RB ROS. Collins has been looking great and is supposedly in line for more carries. Ajayi may not even be the starter in Philly. Hilton is useless without Luck.

Actually the more I think about it the less I like this.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

tonic posted:

I wouldn’t do this. Gronk isn’t much of an upgrade over Graham. Ingram is a top 10 RB ROS. Collins has been looking great and is supposedly in line for more carries. Ajayi may not even be the starter in Philly. Hilton is useless without Luck.

Actually the more I think about it the less I like this.

I agree with your conclusion but disagree with some of reasons. Gronk is a significant upgrade over Graham, and Ajayi will definitely be the starter (maybe not this week, but going forward absolutely).

Still wouldn't make the trade though. I considered TY as an extreme buy-low, but on top of not having Luck, the Colts have an absolutely hellish schedule. Do not trade for TY Hilton.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Ok guys, have a collusion question for you. This trade is definitely questionable but I never veto trades because there has never been a need to do so. But this one is really bothering me. Here is the scenario.

League: 12-team, Half-PPR, No Keepers

Team A: 0-8 and out of the playoff picture
Team B: 4-4 and very much in the playoff picture

Team A: Gives Antonio Brown
Team B: Gives Demaryius Thomas & Dion Lewis

Oh, and these owners are brothers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

yea it’s super sketchy that an 0-8 team would trade their best player suddenly. I mean you MIGHT be able to argue that it's kind of a fair trade, but the fact that they are 0-8 makes it kinda obvious.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If trades between brothers are automatically suspect, then you should have a rule before the season starts saying they can't trade.

If you don't want 0-8 teams trading with playoff contenders, then you should have a trade deadline set before the season starts, which kicks in around the time that teams are likely to be eliminated from playoff contention. Or, you can have a rule that prohibits teams eliminated from playoff contention from making trades with teams still in contention.

You presumably have neither thing, and as for the trade itself, that's a player getting a downgrade at WR in order to pick up a RB. It might be a poor plan on the owner's part (trading one superstar for two lesser players is almost always a bad idea) but owners have to be permitted to manage their teams poorly, or else the entire fantasy football game becomes a farce.

Don't veto it. Propose that next year you have a trade deadline and/or prohibit family members from trading with one another. Be prepared for hard pushback on both.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I assume nearly every league in existence has a trade deadline, no? It would be insane not to. Not sure why that would get hard pushback. The no brother trading rule... yea that won't fly.

But objectively, I doubt you could find many people who would think adding Dion Lewis is worth downgrading from AB to DT.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Ok guys, have a collusion question for you. This trade is definitely questionable but I never veto trades because there has never been a need to do so. But this one is really bothering me. Here is the scenario.

Agree that you need a rule in place to prevent this. In mine we have "teams in playoff contention cannot trade with teams outside of playoff contention." We actually don't have a hard trade deadline due to this rule.

I think you need to ask the Antonio Brown trader why he is making the trade and what he hopes to accomplish and judge whether it is collusion based on his answer. If he is making a good-faith effort to improve his team you have to allow the trade. If he has clearly just punted you can veto.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah it's not league breaking and I wouldn't veto it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Always question both parties involved in the trade! Sometimes what appears to be collusion is an idiot and a smart guy.

Dion has a lot of upside and DT has Brock (lol) so I can see him taking a desperation trade, especially if your league has a sacko. That's a good enough reason to attempt a risky/bad trade in my leagues at least.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I backup Leperflesh. Trade deadline rules exist for a reason. You can't fault someone for finding a willing trade partner. It's just an aspect you have to take into consideration when you let two brothers into a league and is no different than how me and my best friend joined my work league together.

Collusion is when Team A tells Team B to trade him his RB for a week because he needs him to win a tough matchup and it's totally okay because he's been doing it all year with Team C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Natch. Smells fishy as hell and you can back it up with raw production numbers.

• Locked thread