Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I would be pretty excited if they did a full Amazon roster since it would be fun to see what they'd make when they have no limitations from GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Feel like it would be hard to distinguish amazons; wood elves and norsca both kind of fulfill their archetype imo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

also, chorfs would probably help balance ME by giving dwarfs an eastern front to contend with

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Fuligin posted:

Feel like it would be hard to distinguish amazons; wood elves and norsca both kind of fulfill their archetype imo

Not really? Their whole thing is having access to a bunch of weird super tech like 40K Bolters, ICBMs and Lightsabers.

They'd play more like Skaven in practice with some small elite weapon teams/monsters bolstering decent line troops.

Zore fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 3, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Isabella's Vampire Ball is gonna be hilarious when they update skills and you have 9 vampires with Immortality Lmao.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Why not 10?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I have a feeling that we're getting Chaos Dwarves this game, not game 3, since the Mortal Empires map has a huge chunk of blank space where the badlands would be

The Mortal Empires map will have the Darklands (and Mountains of Mourn) attached when game 3 comes out. Its explicitly stated that its 2/3 of the ultra super duper mega campaign we're going to get from game 3.

In terms of what to look forward to:

100%: Tomb Kings
98%: Araby
75%: Vampire Coast
33%: Amazons
15%: Southern Realms (If they were going to be added I think they would have been added in Warhammer 1. Unless they offer them as a flc or release content for Warhammer 1 I think they're not gonna happen)

Staltran posted:

Why not 10?

19 vampires and Isabella

c'mon guys

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

The Mortal Empires map will have the Darklands (and Mountains of Mourn) attached when game 3 comes out. Its explicitly stated that its 2/3 of the ultra super duper mega campaign we're going to get from game 3.

In terms of what to look forward to:

100%: Tomb Kings
98%: Araby
75%: Vampire Coast
33%: Amazons
15%: Southern Realms (If they were going to be added I think they would have been added in Warhammer 1. Unless they offer them as a flc or release content for Warhammer 1 I think they're not gonna happen)

I'd say southern realms are far more likely than VCoast or Amazons, if only because miragliano would be the only 10 slot capital the player can't start with

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Wouldn't surprise me if they reach a bit deeper into the factions for dlc since they're having a bit of a longer break until the 3rd game. Will probably get a few of the less likely seeming ones in the gap, probably some more legendary lord packs for all the factions as well.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I don't think Araby is such a shoe-in, either. It's not an official tabletop faction. I can see them adding Araby, but it's hyping expectations to say they have a 98% chance to be done.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'd say southern realms are far more likely than VCoast or Amazons, if only because miragliano would be the only 10 slot capital the player can't start with

Also there's a couple of Southern Realms factions on the Vortex map.

Mukip posted:

I don't think Araby is such a shoe-in, either. It's not an official tabletop faction. I can see them adding Araby, but it's hyping expectations to say they have a 98% chance to be done.

It did have a Warmaster list.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

and Norsca has tech that specifically boosts raiding/fighting Tilea, which seems weird if you're not going to add them

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Phone posting so I can't reply to everyone easily but few thing I wanted to point out :
1. Vampire Coast has an actual army list that was published in Warhammer Chronicles and can be found with a simple google search (want to avoid :files: otherwise I'd post it)
2. Game 2 is explicitly focused on the Vortex campaign so anything that goes into game 2 must be present on the Vortex map this is why I doubt the inclusion of tilea and estalia
3. I have small doubts about Araby but given the work put into the area and it's presence in both vortex and me campaigns I'm confidant

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

AnEdgelord posted:

Phone posting so I can't reply to everyone easily but few thing I wanted to point out :
1. Vampire Coast has an actual army list that was published in Warhammer Chronicles and can be found with a simple google search (want to avoid :files: otherwise I'd post it)
2. Game 2 is explicitly focused on the Vortex campaign so anything that goes into game 2 must be present on the Vortex map this is why I doubt the inclusion of tilea and estalia
3. I have small doubts about Araby but given the work put into the area and it's presence in both vortex and me campaigns I'm confidant

now that I think about it the southern realms might be a dlc for game 1 that will come out after game 2 has lost its 'new game' shine and we're in the longer wait for game 3

E: quote is not edit

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

AnEdgelord posted:

No need to worry about :filez:, it's on the Warham wiki.
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Pirates
E: Oh man, the ZPs could potentially have a Giant Enemy Crab

Mordja fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 4, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

AnEdgelord posted:

the New World Colonies or whatever they're called seem like an obvious placeholder for conquistador Tilea/Estalia

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

AnEdgelord posted:

19 vampires and Isabella

c'mon guys

Aren't heroes capped at 10?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Hit by the spell again. A dreadlord exploded as/just after it was wounded.

Killed 94 spearmen and 34 white lions from full health. And I play on large units so that's a lot.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

sassassin posted:

Hit by the spell again. A dreadlord exploded as/just after it was wounded.

Killed 94 spearmen and 34 white lions from full health. And I play on large units so that's a lot.
What rites do the High Elves get?

From what I remember the Rite of Khaine has a pretty short duration and at least a 30-turn cooldown. It only lasts 5 or 10 turns. I get that it sucks but its coming from the DE's rites, so use those advantages too.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ravenfood posted:

From what I remember the Rite of Khaine has a pretty short duration and at least a 30-turn cooldown. It only lasts 5 or 10 turns. I get that it sucks but its coming from the DE's rites, so use those advantages too.

I've been fighting three different dark elf factions and they've all used it in every single battle I've had, occasionally twice. Coincidence? Possibly.

Maybe not the first ten turns of the campaign but 11-50 for sure. First campaign I've had where autoresolving saves lives.

High Elves get two good rites one of which is worthwhile just for a public order boost. The other one gives a spell that blows up towers and walls which is amazing but only usable on normal siege maps (not the Elven gates because *reasons*).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think my next war in this campaign is against Tyrion that motherfucker hates the other high elven factions and has been rampaging his way up the east coast even while the west has been getting battered by the darkies.

Maybe Malekith should be Phoenix King. He wouldn't stand for this bullshit.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Gamerofthegame posted:

They can still make DLC for one, you know.

They won't, not explicitly, but the dlc they make for 2 might be back-patched to work in 1. It'll get very confusing though.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

Helves get Isha for a nice untainted/replenish boost and attrition immunity, Vaul which deletes wall units and gives you an item dilemma and siege attacker for all forces, asuryan(?) Which is +growth/influence and -build cost and some mage focussed one. Vaul is rude as heck but I don't think there's much to be done about DE suicide bombers.

sassassin posted:

Maybe Malekith should be Phoenix King. He wouldn't stand for this bullshit.

Malekith is a nice boy who works hard for his people

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

sassassin posted:

I've been fighting three different dark elf factions and they've all used it in every single battle I've had, occasionally twice. Coincidence? Possibly.

Maybe not the first ten turns of the campaign but 11-50 for sure. First campaign I've had where autoresolving saves lives.

High Elves get two good rites one of which is worthwhile just for a public order boost. The other one gives a spell that blows up towers and walls which is amazing but only usable on normal siege maps (not the Elven gates because *reasons*).
This effects the AI delves less, but take some solace in the fact that the Rite of Khaine also doubles the slave death rate so they can lose economic power very quickly. Its supposed to compensate for this by giving you +victory cash, but if you're still beating them, they're losing a decent amount of money long-term for that power.

It kind of makes sense that three different AI factions would be getting near to the Rite unlock requirements at about the same time and pop it ASAP. See if they're still doing it a few turns later.

Vaul sounds ridiculous as hell if it gives you the ability to just delete walls/units on walls and gives you items to boot. So yeah, I guess you just accept that every race is going to have some bullshit rites.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Something like Tilea, you could make that work by making them an expeditionary force if you're playing the vortex campaign, maybe with a slightly different method of progressing the tracker or something. Then if you're playing them in the Mortal Empires campaign you can pick a starting location or they just start in actual Tilea, give them some sort of diplomatic/explorey version of the Norsca occupying/monster hunting stuff, going off on big expeditions to get rare treasures and artifacts and poo poo.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Can someone explain this to me?
I know my force isn't amazing or anything but it seems like a terribly onesided prediction anyway. Do the lords/heroes count for that much?

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
I loving hate dwarves. Stunty little fuckers ruined my legendary wurrzag and queek campaigns.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Foxhound posted:

I know my force isn't amazing or anything but it seems like a terribly onesided prediction anyway. Do the lords/heroes count for that much?

Autoresolve, especially on sieges, can be really badly wrong. I've had it sit just about half in battles that were extremely onesided, even without siege equipment. It also overvalues ranged units and artillery. and can be a bit disproportionate to lords/heroes.

I don't know jack about the welf roster and can't really remember the dorf roster beyond knowing those are some t3/4 infantry choices for them and they're stubborn little tin cans who are bastards to get off walls. If you don't have AP those buggers are never going anywhere.

Gitro fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 4, 2017

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Foxhound posted:

They're dwarves. Autoresolve heavily, heavily favors dwarves. It's a big part of the reason that they tend to dominate the Old World and Southlands in ME.

If you fought that battle yourself you might be able to win it (I'm not really sure), but autoresolve seems to jerk off to the idea of a bearded tide washing over the world, so it fucks you.

Also, if you're on one of the higher difficulties (VH/Legendary), the game actively fucks over your autoresolve chances, as well.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

also, chorfs would probably help balance ME by giving dwarfs an eastern front to contend with

I hadn't thought of that, good point.

thebardyspoon posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if they reach a bit deeper into the factions for dlc since they're having a bit of a longer break until the 3rd game. Will probably get a few of the less likely seeming ones in the gap, probably some more legendary lord packs for all the factions as well.

That would be fine with me, with ME and the upcoming TK and possibly another faction or two we're covered on width, I'd love to see more depth.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Foxhound posted:

Heroes do count a fair bit, too, yeah.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
It's on normal/normal. For the record I just let the siege run and they are like 2 turns from losing to attrition now since they never made a breakthrough attempt.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Foxhound posted:

You're going to get mulched on the walls. I mean you might be able to manually win this thing but I'd be settling in to starve that garrison.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Foxhound posted:

You're attacking a walled city (so it has towers that shoot back) and to compound it, you're fighting dwarfs whose ranged units are very competitive in a shootout against you. It doesn't help that there's no way of bringing down a tower besides wrestling directly from angry bearded dwarves in a melee with that stack. Their melee units are some variety of Longbeards or Slayers too.

On the flip side, they might sortie from the city because of the autoresolve odds. It might not help because they have a cannon battery and they'll just sit still and shell you until it runs out of ammo.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
You know how you get unique traits for defeating specific heroes? I think Wulfrik should get an improved version of this. So for most traits his benefit is +25% to any legendary Lord trait and for things that don't stack like poison simply add some other random stat like melee attack or charge bonus or something.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I started playing Chaos today and I gotta say it's great fun.

e: Is there a place for goons to hang out and play together?

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 4, 2017

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Panfilo posted:

You know how you get unique traits for defeating specific heroes? I think Wulfrik should get an improved version of this. So for most traits his benefit is +25% to any legendary Lord trait and for things that don't stack like poison simply add some other random stat like melee attack or charge bonus or something.

Where can I find a breakdown of what beating each LL grants?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I'm so happy to get into this series. I used to play Warhammer 40,000 and sunk wayyy too much money into it. And as fun as it was, putting together the models, painting them, and resolving all the wounds, armor saves, etc felt like such a huge time sink that 90 minutes could go by and hardly anything had even happened. I knew about Warhammer Fantasy but figured for as much as I've spent on 40k based on how little I played (just a friend and I vs each other, occasionally we'd go to the mall and try to play against other grognards but that tended to be an aggrivating ordeal).

Total War: Warhammer basically let me do what I've always wanted in real-time and for a fraction of the price. You know, its funny when you see people on Steam bitching about how much all the games and DLCs cost put together, when in reality the cost of all of it combined is still less than a single 2000pt army (be it 40k or fantasy) plus paints, codexes, and White Dwarf supplementals.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

SirPhoebos posted:

Where can I find a breakdown of what beating each LL grants?

Here:
Spawnkiller (defeating Mazdamundi): Leadership Aura +25%
Saurussmiter (defeating Kroq-Gar): Melee Defense +10; Public Order (local) +2
Verminflail (defeating Queek Headtaker): Bonus vs Infantry +6
Plaguelast (defeating Lord Skrolk): Immune to swamp attrition; Enemy Public Order (local) -5
Ulthuan Undefended (defeating Tyrion): Melee Attack (army) +2; Unit Recruit Experience +1
Ruin Unrestrained (defeating Teclis): Power Reserves +10
Immortal Unbeloved (defeating Malekith): +10% income for Raiding; Passive Ability "Frenzy"
Hagbutcher (defeating Morathi): All Hero Actions Cost -10%; +10% chance to wound aggressors in Hero Self-Defense (local)

Old World Legendary Lords:

Hammer and Anvil (defeating Alberic de Bordeleaux): +15 Melee Attack while at Sea
Doomslayer (defeating Archaon the Everchosen): Immune to Psychology
Greenskinner (defeating Azhag the Slaughterer): +30% Magic Resistance
Metalstorm (defeating Balthesar Gelt): +6 Armor to Lord's Army
Kinghammer (defeating Belegar Ironhammer): +10 Leadership and Melee Attack during Subterranean Intercept Battles
Treesurgeon (defeating Durthu): Enables Flame Attacks when fighting against Wood Elves
Witchfinder General (defeating the Fay Enchantress): +10% replenishment rate
Hidestriker (defeating Grimgor Ironhide): +20 armor piercing damage
Beardhammer (defeating Grombrindal): Causes Terror when fighting against Dwarfs
Liche Killer (defeating Heinrich Kemmler): 10% magical resistance for Lord's Army
Ghorst or Ghost (defeating Helman Ghorst): Enables poison attacks
Cruelty Restrained (defeating Isabella von Carstein): Enables Regeneration
Reikshammer (defeating Karl Franz): Causes Terror when fighting against Empire
Beastscourge (defeating Khazrak One-eye): Causes Fear
Stormblight (defeating Kholek Suneater): +10 Bonus vs Large
Kingslayer (defeating Louen Leoncouer): +10 Charge, -20% recruitment cost for cavalry units
Crowreaver (defeating Malagor Dark-Omen): +10 Leadership and Melee Attack when fighting against beastmen warherds
Moonslaker (defeating Mannfred von Carstein): -50% undead attrition
Skullslasher (defeating Morghur the Shadowgave): 30% missile resistance
Wildhunter (defeating Orion): +5 to leadership and melee attacks in forest battles
Pride Assassin (defeating Sigvald the Magnificent): +5% chance to steal item post battle, +10% local income for all buildings
Sneakysmiter (defeating Skarsnik): +20% ambush success chance and +20% ambush defence chance
Grudgekiller (defeating Thorgrim Grudgebearer): -10% local construction cost, +10% research rate
Slayer King Slayer (defeating Ungrim Ironfist): +5 melee attack +5% magic and missile defense
Undeath Descendant (defeating Vlad von Carstein): Wound Recovery Time -4
Grimsbane (defeating Volkmar the Grim): +3 melee attack & defense for lord's melee infantry units
Great Green Slayer (defeating Wurrzag the Great Green Prophet): +10% Physical Resistance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hahaha you can be ambushed while sieging a settlement.