Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ClancyEverafter posted:

I think about all those Nazis who work in social services, helping our poorest get housing, find medical care, food aide, all of that for our poorest, most vulnerable citizens.

That's what that sounds like to me: you can be a Nazi if you do all these things, BUT, you also have differences with other social workers about certain kinds of early childhood interventions.

It sounds conspiratorial, honestly. Like these doctors spent all these years to get their degrees, and now, finally, they can unleash their master plan of having intra-professional disagreements with their colleagues who all work on the same things they do.

Also, the nazi in this metaphor is lauded by some people of color who said "Yeah, that Nazi did incredible work, I'm really grateful to the Nazi."

Double down on defending people from being called nazis, that's a great idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
I don't want to get into this argument yet except to say that Goon Danton is terrific. Thank you so much for your contributions, Goon Danton.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Somfin posted:

Double down on defending people from being called nazis, that's a great idea.

Look, I'm not going to listen to an obvious Trump supporter posting disingenuously to rile up the thread again.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

ClancyEverafter posted:

Oh yeah, I think when you're getting to a place where you're saying "Now, I don't think you're being fair..." about actual deadnaming TERF poo poo...

It was pretty cool when Jesse Singal defended deadnaming Caitlyn Jenner.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Sax Solo posted:

It was pretty cool when Jesse Singal defended deadnaming Caitlyn Jenner.

When was that? Because that would be some unabashed TERFy poo poo.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

ClancyEverafter posted:

When was that? Because that would be some unabashed TERFy poo poo.

Receipts:

quote:

Since the open letter is all he’s got, Singal then attempts to rebut the objections put forward by it. The letter, for example, states that Tuvel dead-named a trans woman, using her pre-transition name in the article. Singal argues that the woman in question was Caitlyn Jenner, who has used her pre-transition name often in public, “It’s nonsensical to claim that once a very famous trans person has exhibited comfort using their old name and talking about their pre-transition life, any reference to that name or life is still verboten,” Singal insists.

Unfortunately for Singal, a persuasive counter-argument was made by Tuvel, author of the article in question. In a response to the criticism she writes: “I regret the deadnaming of Caitlyn Jenner in the article, which means that I referred to her birth name instead of her chosen name. Even though she does this herself in her book, I understand that it is not for outsiders to do and that such a practice can perpetuate harm against transgender individuals, and I apologize.”

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You really should be more charitable about how you interpret that I'm sure.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ClancyEverafter posted:

Look, I'm not going to listen to an obvious Trump supporter posting disingenuously to rile up the thread again.

Are you referring to my avatar?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Krotera posted:

I don't want to get into this argument yet except to say that Goon Danton is terrific. Thank you so much for your contributions, Goon Danton.

:buddy:

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I knew you were a fun poster. I didn't know you were psychic too. Tell me my future! :allears:

Haha, oh man, I don't want to spoil the surprise. I would never rob the world of the look on your face when it happens.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
So I've been going through Shaun's videos recently and holy poo poo, I think TL;DR makes me angrier than any of the other YouTube idiots. gently caress that guy so hard. I think it's the addition of a smug cartoon deer to the pedantry, anti-feminism, and concern trolling that pushed me over the edge.

aware of dog fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 4, 2017

Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

My annoyance with the Singal situation is that people keep calling him a TERF. He's not a TERF. TERFs believe in some twisted "the only oppression is sex-based oppression against feeeeemales, even though I am very obviously utilizing sex-based oppression against trans women in my own position" logic. They think they're radical feminists. Singal doesn't. Singal's just a transphobic fuckhead going "Think of the CHILDREN (except the trans ones, they can go hang themselves)" and moaning about the secret trans lobby conspiracy silencing critics. I mean, there is more than one kind of transphobe, people.

Also Contra thinks he's not a transphobe despite all his prior bullshit... because he was nice to her, personally. I genuinely thought she was more aware than that. She gave him the benefit of the doubt, like an idiot, and he played her. I wish people wouldn't go off their nut calling her all sorts of nonsense, but buying into his bullshit was beneath her. She should have known better.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well, you can't do what she does without being an optimist, I guess. But whenever someone asks Shaun what he thinks he's going to accomplish with all this, he quotes the latest "thank you" note he's gotten from a fan who used to be alt right but learned better from YouTube videos. I'm sure Contra has changed minds in the past.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Contra’s going to turn Golden One. Just wait.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

aware of dog posted:

So I've been going through Shaun's videos recently and holy poo poo, I think TL;DR makes me angrier than any of the other YouTube idiots. gently caress that guy so hard. I think it's the addition of a smug cartoon deer to the pedantry, anti-feminism, and concern trolling that pushed me over the edge.

His snotty voice does not help one little bit, either. I think the awful smug voices are what get me more than anything else, so TL;DR and Molyneaux are basically my kryptonite.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Add PragerU to that list and you have my trifecta of awful. They’re like sandpaper for the brain.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My dad would listen to Dennis Prager religiously when I was a teenager, and now PragerU gets on my nerves in a way the others don't. It's personal.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Im just asking questions.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Are they loaded questions? Are they... gotcha questions?

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

If loaded questions are like loaded potatoes I think we'll be just fine. And delicious.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

I could go for some twice-baked questions right about now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JVNO posted:

Add PragerU to that list and you have my trifecta of awful. They’re like sandpaper for the brain.

what's bizarre is their civil war video is about how it was straight up about slavery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ArfJason posted:

Im just asking questions.

Technically the last two were statements.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

what's bizarre is their civil war video is about how it was straight up about slavery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4

Yeah, even that ratio is surprisingly high. :monocle:

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Goon Danton posted:

I could go for some twice-baked questions right about now.

Unfortunately these are more the questions that have been revolving on the back of the hotdog warmer at the convenience store for the last few days.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I'm just asking questions. No need to get like that.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

Yeah, even that ratio is surprisingly high. :monocle:

And then Youtube puts an alt-right propaganda video about slavery next in my queue. :suicide:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igvA7LP6IA8

this looks like a clusterfuck

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Meltdowns every 5 minutes, Fuentes being "ALL TRANS PEOPLE WOULD NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR IN MY AMERICA" and I'm only around 50 minutes in. :jerky:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the Somalian invasion of Minneapolis

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The way to solve the sexual harassment of women on the work floor is to force them into being stay-at-home moms. Perfect argument 5 stars.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i wish destiny would let my god d*mn wife, contrapoints, speak more.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Dongicus posted:

i wish destiny would let my god d*mn wife, contrapoints, speak more.
Yeah it was super annoying that he hogged the left talking points with "sick burns".

Lmao at that dude talking about the struggle of white dudes due to affirmative action. It's hard out there for a conservative shithead.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

from a cursory glance this looks like destiny and maybe Lauren Southern are the only people genuinely trying to have a reasoned debate while everyone else is farting around with bullshit talking points, memes, and Gotcha! Politics

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the fuentes guy is the kind of person i had no idea exists anymore. it's really loving weird to hear someone talk like that outside of the 1950s.

metokur is a real piece of poo poo for sure as well. it is really funny that he mocks the appearance of others while hiding behind an avatar. bet he's v handsome

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
if someone could grab some hilights/timestamps from this, that'd be swell. it seems like a goldmine, but jesus christ it's a clusterfuck

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lovechop posted:

the fuentes guy is the kind of person i had no idea exists anymore. it's really loving weird to hear someone talk like that outside of the 1950s.

metokur is a real piece of poo poo for sure as well. it is really funny that he mocks the appearance of others while hiding behind an avatar. bet he's v handsome

He has had to make up multiple dumb internet identities because he has become such a joke to gamergate people that they stopped taking him seriously. Think about that.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Kjoery posted:

if someone could grab some hilights/timestamps from this, that'd be swell. it seems like a goldmine, but jesus christ it's a clusterfuck

VaatVidya has a pretty solid timestamp as the first comment on the video

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

I clicked on that time stamp and just listened for five minutes, it was mind blowing. The dishonesty of the people arguing with Destiny is nearly breathtaking.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

business hammocks posted:

He has had to make up multiple dumb internet identities because he has become such a joke to gamergate people that they stopped taking him seriously. Think about that.

I have no idea why you would think no-one could take the "Internet Aristocrat" seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Verisimilidude posted:

Holy poo poo, I couldn't even make it 5 minutes after clicking on the timestamp. What the hell. "Two resumes are identical, one has a black name, one has a white name. Black name has 50% less chance of getting a call back"

"well you see black people carry themselves differently and commit more crime"

• Locked thread