Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how do you trick magical heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

the same way you trick regular people? heck 90% of those magical heroes died because they were tricked

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tired Moritz posted:

You lie to them. The Grail really can grant their wishes if they get their hands on it, so most Servants will leap at the chance even if it sounds fishy (and it doesn't really--only one Mage can use the Grail to gain access to the Root and activate Cheat Mode, so Mages fighting over it makes sense).

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
this was some interesting stuff to read.

the goon who thinks haruhi season 2 sucks is a lameo, tho

haruhi season 2 owns bones

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

^^^ Hm, sounds like the 40APs aren't all available from the start, then, if they're saying the 10AP is best for Honnoji Points? That's unfortunate.
The implication I got was that 10AP was better in terms of points/AP. Presumably with as many point-boosting CEs on as possible.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Technically the servant can also make his wish if the grail get filled with powerful servant that count as two or more... if the grail have enough juice to fullfill both.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

it's actually very easy

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

The implication I got was that 10AP was better in terms of points/AP. Presumably with as many point-boosting CEs on as possible.

10AP is a base 60/AP, the very last 40AP is 75/AP. But if that one isn't available until the end the other 40APs are all worse than the 10AP.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
FYI whoever talked about Kerry's interlude before grossly exaggerated the edginess of it.
Here's a better translation:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-H9o0i2shlVT_F_ERAnSfD-7aCqNI-xi4Vr_6w8y7rM/edit
It must be really weird to be around a bunch of people who know "a" you but you don't know'em at all.

It's kinda sad. Definitely a two- (or maybe three-) parter.

E: Taiga continues being Best Girl.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 3, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
what's with this Cu Chulainn bullying

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So what should I be doing to prepare for this coming event? Dumping as much exp as possible into my Emiya? Hoarding Archer exp to feed to Nobonaga?
And what should I do with all this caster exp I've got, since Medea is already maxed. Feed cast Liz that can only get one ascension? level other random casters I'm less likely to use? Burn them for summon tickets?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

10AP is a base 60/AP, the very last 40AP is 75/AP. But if that one isn't available until the end the other 40APs are all worse than the 10AP.
Oh, so I assume it's that Nobu enemies are always guaranteed point drops?

ZiegeDame posted:

So what should I be doing to prepare for this coming event? Dumping as much exp as possible into my Emiya? Hoarding Archer exp to feed to Nobonaga?
And what should I do with all this caster exp I've got, since Medea is already maxed. Feed cast Liz that can only get one ascension? level other random casters I'm less likely to use? Burn them for summon tickets?
Both of those things. Do what you need to to create a team that can win and boosts points. Keep in mind that it seems highly likely to have any chance of clearing the shop, you will need to roll in the gacha for CEs.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 3, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Freak Futanari posted:

This. If you don't appreciate all your servants then you are a bad master

I'll be the worst master then because Artoria will stay in the shame corner with Altera and Atalanta for showing up when I was trying to get servants I actually care about

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Kyte posted:

FYI whoever talked about Kerry's interlude before grossly exaggerated the edginess of it.
Here's a better translation:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-H9o0i2shlVT_F_ERAnSfD-7aCqNI-xi4Vr_6w8y7rM/edit
It must be really weird to be around a bunch of people who know "a" you but you don't know'em at all.

It's kinda sad. Definitely a two- (or maybe three-) parter.

E: Taiga continues being Best Girl.

Yeah, my bad for spreading that around without double-checking the source first. Glad to see it's not the edgiest thing ever though.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Captain Baal posted:

I'll be the worst master then because Artoria will stay in the shame corner with Altera and Atalanta for showing up when I was trying to get servants I actually care about

You have made a powerful enemy this day

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Nate RFB posted:

Both of those things. Do what you need to to create a team that can win and boosts points. Keep in mind that it seems highly likely to have any chance of clearing the shop, you will need to roll in the gacha for CEs.

huh. Is Gudaguda more stubborn with points? I found I cleared the shop of everything I wanted for halloween with days to spare.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Captain Baal posted:

I'll gladly take Artoria off your hands if you don't want her.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Clawtopsy posted:

huh. Is Gudaguda more stubborn with points? I found I cleared the shop of everything I wanted for halloween with days to spare.
GUDAGUDA effectively has two "shops", one that is bought with points and one that is bought with event currencies:

1). Reaching certain point thresholds rewards you with things automatically. Every(?) battle drops points, some more than others. Certain servants boost point gains as well, and finally there is a point-boosting CE which can only be bought in the currency shop or dropped in battle. You need both elements (servants/CEs) in full force to seemingly have a shot at reaching the point requirement (1,500,000).

2). A regular event shop like Halloween with three currencies. CEs that boost these drops can only be obtained from the gacha.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 3, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is what prevents someone from reaching 1.5 million? There's no repeating quests that lasts forever like Halloween? Or is this just all min-max to not use apples?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tae posted:

Is what prevents someone from reaching 1.5 million? There's no repeating quests that lasts forever like Halloween? Or is this just all min-max to not use apples?
So you get points from Free Quests, but it's honestly not that high. The main way to obtain points are from 1AP Limited Quests, of which there will be one new one per day and can only be completed once. These quests only feature Nobu enemies that drop points and will account for about 2/3 of that 1.5 Million total. In other words those are quests you both don't want to miss every day and should feature nothing but point-boosting servants/CEs.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Everyone in my Servant family gets fed

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Does anyone know how long Mona Lisa stayed in the Prism shop on JP? There's no way I'm gonna have 5k prisms come December.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Vengarr posted:

Does anyone know how long Mona Lisa stayed in the Prism shop on JP? There's no way I'm gonna have 5k prisms come December.

3 months.

Also you'll get prisms from events.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sitting at a cool ~4,200 prisms myself. Basically lost out on QP and presumably free quest mat farming by focusing on the 30AP Embers, I guess. Also has meant I've barely bought any fous.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I think so, yes; certainly none of the maths for the event makes much sense if they aren't.

I'm actually tempted to skip the Gudao CE entirely. Any points above 1.5M are just wasted, and it seems like the +240% modifier you can get from just free servants and supports might be enough to hit that assuming you can beat free quests with them. Plus it just doesn't seem like a very good CE for most characters, and there's a lot of other things I want from the shop.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think Okita herself can make good use of Gudao.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I think Okita herself can make good use of Gudao.

She comes closest of anyone, but even on her I feel like I'd usually rather have Gandr or possibly MLB Moonlight Fest? Or Imaginary Around, obviously, but that's a lot rarer.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Gonna use up my tickets on Okita I think. But in a casual way, not even really paying attention. See if I can catch the desire sensor unawares.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

So since canonically summoning a servant a lot means they like you a lot, what should I do with my extra Kojiros? I have had him at NP5 for ages so I don't know how to deal with the additional ones without making him sad.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Gloomy Rube posted:

So since canonically summoning a servant a lot means they like you a lot, what should I do with my extra Kojiros? I have had him at NP5 for ages so I don't know how to deal with the additional ones without making him sad.

Feed him to another servant as experience. Selling a 1 star for QP is never worth it.

If you don't want him to be sad, feed him to a Saber.So he can fight a stronger swordfighter.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

BlazeEmblem posted:

Feed him to another servant as experience. Selling a 1 star for QP is never worth it.

It's rarely worth it to use 1-stars for exp either, since once the servant you're feeding gets a few levels under their belt, the QP cost / exp ratio gets way too bad to be worthwhile

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
belatedly, I'm F2P and all I've gotten is Siegfried, Martha, and NP2 Stheno

but i have like 160 SQ hoarded up and surely i'll get something new this month

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Anyone know when the additional Interludes and Strengthening Quests are for Altera and Kiyohime? I'm guessing they tend to just release these along with the new singularities?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I like to believe that copies of a Servant past the first are just more info on (Or symbols of) their heroic legacy that you can use to reinforce their noble phantasm.

So rather than the Throne sending you yet another independent cloned reflection of Sasaki Kojirou, you get him the first time, and then after that you get scrolls of lore or swallows or boat oars.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So what's the best way to get mana prisms early on for buying summon tickets? Running the exp dailies and burning all the silver cards?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
it could also be versions of the servant at different times, and feeding them or burning them coalesces them into a being closer to the 'true' Hero of the past. That was kind of how I imagined it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ZiegeDame posted:

So what's the best way to get mana prisms early on for buying summon tickets? Running the exp dailies and burning all the silver cards?
Yes. The 30AP specifically.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So, in the wake of the Singularities being fixed, Chaldea is essentially a magical superpower independent nation, right? One Holy Grail in Fuyuki was enough to destroy the world, and Chaldea has like ten or more of them powering its systems and Servants. You have hundred of beings from across all human history at your command, and they all kick rear end to varying degrees. Like, if Gudako wanted to, she could take over the world with ease?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The servants are working willingly to save the world, pretty sure if and when the day is saved most will just go poof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Gologle posted:

So, in the wake of the Singularities being fixed, Chaldea is essentially a magical superpower independent nation, right? One Holy Grail in Fuyuki was enough to destroy the world, and Chaldea has like ten or more of them powering its systems and Servants. You have hundred of beings from across all human history at your command, and they all kick rear end to varying degrees. Like, if Gudako wanted to, she could take over the world with ease?

Well.

They're not totally fixed. Epic of Remnant is delving into more singularities.