Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yeah unless it specifically says "this doesn’t take affect until you’ve won" that disclaimer is meaningless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Zhulik posted:

Way to further splinter the left with your shorts opinions, you oaf

#TheseJortsOurBlue

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Well, after reading the article I'm glad that the integrity of the DNC remains intact. Extremely heartening to learn that the deal was entirely limited to the general election and not the primary.

As we are all well aware, power dynamics don't exist, and someone paying all your expenses and being entirely responsible for your existence will not affect your decision making in the least.

Similarly, it's okay for bosses to ask their employees out, because they can always say no. It's also okay to pay inmates $1/hr to fight wildfires, because it's completely voluntary.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
CC post incoming in 3...2...1....

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

it is time for us to make the curse of Assad work for us not against us, for once

We should all be thankful that she is friends with the LION OF DAMASCUS!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/926571349677674496

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crowsbeak posted:

We should all be thankful that she is friends with the LION OF DAMASCUS!

I mean I believe in an evidence-based politics, and he evidence says the curse of Assad is real and strong and my friend

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
an ideal Marxist society would have no corporate tax, therefore Trump’s proposal to cut corporate taxes is clearly a move to the left

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yeah so the whole "it didn't effect the primaries!" stuff is bullshit. the memo specifically states that one of hillary's chosen communication chairs has to be hired by september 11, 2015

the whole "this memo should not be construed as..." stuff is window dressing and a pinky swear at best that the control being given to hillary clinton would not be misused during the primary

as per the emails released earlier on, that pinky swear was broken and the DNC was working on hillary's behalf

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
This is significantly worse than what was leaked from WikiLeaks.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

That DICK! posted:

durrrr! I'm Hillary! I'm Hillary durrrr! I suck!

she's so inspiring

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
it's ironic that it's called the democratic national committee, because, it's neither democratic, nor roman, nor an empire

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it's amazing all the centrists falling all over themselves to say "well bernie could've entered into an agreement like this too! it says so in the memo"

completely ignoring that the agreement specifically says the DNC has to pick from hillary's chosen candidates and the dnc never offered any such deal to bernie sanders

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah the memo is a great example of legalese where you do A and then sign a document calling it B and then magically you did B.

It's like signing a mortgage with a mandatory arbitration clause and the contract says it's voluntarily chosen by both parties (but the signer has no choice to not voluntarily take it)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I mean I believe in an evidence-based politics, and he evidence says the curse of Assad is real and strong and my friend

Putin paid tribute to Assad and a year later, to the day, he was elected the president of these united states

what curse of assad are you talking about?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Lastgirl posted:

sometimes its not about winning

but doing what you think is right for people

sure winning helps and all but when you're dealing with rigged systems, where's the principle in that so its moot to bring that point up

Yeah, but if he had only brought up the Wall Street speeches earlier, he could've taken Iowa, NH, and the primary. (Then lost the general because Bloomberg ran as a spoiler).

The Little Kielbasa has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Nov 4, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
when you think about it, assad controls all levels of american government

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Frijolero posted:

Real men wear tiny rear end shorts

I'm mostly into leftist politics for the short shorts, it's true

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

democrats have no control over one of those three

you aren't wrong about that, your wrong about THAT

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i bet O'Malley could rock a pair of daisy dukes on the stump

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Frijolero posted:

Corbyn is currently pushing for 16 year old voting, he's a real loving badass.

Lol hell yeah jezza

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wanna see Bernie's old man ball fall out of some short track shorts on national television

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Laffo

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise

Frijolero posted:

I wanna see Bernie's old man ball fall out of some short track shorts on national television

God gave us Al Gore's dick outline, so why not?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Condiv posted:

yeah so the whole "it didn't effect the primaries!" stuff is bullshit. the memo specifically states that one of hillary's chosen communication chairs has to be hired by september 11, 2015

the whole "this memo should not be construed as..." stuff is window dressing and a pinky swear at best that the control being given to hillary clinton would not be misused during the primary

as per the emails released earlier on, that pinky swear was broken and the DNC was working on hillary's behalf

That's not the worst part. The worst part that all the libs are choosing to ignore is:

"If asked by a state party, the DNC will encourage the state party to become a participant in the Victory Fund."

Victory fund as in Hillary Victory Fund. The DNC is required to encourage state parties to join the Hillary Victory Fund. "Hey, please ask all the state parties to join the Hillary team. This does not affect your neutrality in the primary."

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The whole thing is absolutely hosed and I can't wait for the lovely little nitpicking by the centrists.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Frijolero posted:

The whole thing is absolutely hosed and I can't wait for the lovely little nitpicking by the centrists.

lol if you think they'll actually read it and not just say YEP NOTHING WRONG HERE

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
~everything is garbage~

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Frijolero posted:

lol, just click the link to the twitter thread. They're already claiming victory and demanding Liz Warren's apology.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Was the Daily Kos editor always a smug rear end in a top hat or did that happen over time? Was too young to remember when Kos was supposed to be edgy.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Frijolero posted:

they are all already saying this debunks brazile’s account because of that thing about not applying til the general

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

they are all already saying this debunks brazile’s account because of that thing about not applying til the general

problem is it doesn't actually say "doesn't apply till the general." in fact, provisions of the agreement definitely applied well beforehand

Condiv has issued a correction as of 00:01 on Nov 4, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Condiv posted:

problem is it doesn't actually say "doesn't apply till the general. in fact, provisions of the agreement definitely applied well beforehand

yeah the nbc story pulled that out of its rear end and/or took a very creative interpretation of the memo lol

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
It doesn't matter anyway because nothing matters

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
lock her up

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I just realized that conservatives have been right about the media this whole time and now I want to die.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinbacker posted:

It doesn't matter anyway because nothing matters

smoke weed build gunpla

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Frijolero posted:

just check the trump thread lol

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007

readingatwork posted:

I just realized that conservatives have been right about the media this whole time and now I want to die.

The super depressing thing for me was clicking controversial on the plebbit /politics thingie and seeing like two pages of posts of this story being massively downvoted, while on the hot page you don't see a single mention of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the Clinton Campaigns ability to score consecutive own goals was and continues to be baffling

• Locked thread