Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I have lived in Seattle for two years and DC for two years prior to that and went to exactly zero (0) MLS matches in that time.

I went to a NY Redbulls game, was fun and I got poo poo housed and just yelled at the players on the field. If the ticket wasn’t free, I’d have never gone.

This is my MLS experience post, thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The only professional soccer games I've been to have been Milwaukee Wave games.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Speaking of lovely leagues, I'm tired of being offered free CFL tickets because it's loving November in a snow storm and people acting like I'm being a dick head by saying I can't take them.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I have paid to go to a lot of professional soccer games in the US. They are enjoyable so long as you don't sit in the supporters sections, which are filled with the most unbearable try-hard morons.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Soccer is a single cylinder sport

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

I have paid to go to a lot of professional soccer games in the US. They are enjoyable so long as you don't sit in the supporters sections, which are filled with the most unbearable try-hard morons.

So every supporter section ever.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

So every supporter section ever.

Not so much. Student sections at college football games are just drunk and stupid. Supporters sections at US soccer games are a couple thousand living embodiments of Reddit, chanting the worst poo poo and throwing beer into the air.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Not so much. Student sections at college football games are just drunk and stupid. Supporters sections at US soccer games are a couple thousand living embodiments of Reddit, chanting the worst poo poo and throwing beer into the air.

This sounds like my kind of scene.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

This sounds like my kind of scene.

I thought this was:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cool sport;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

When I was in college someone stole a roll of toilet paper from the stadium bathroom and tried to throw it through the crowd. But it was an unused, industrial sized roll, and it didn't unspool at all. It was rock hard and super heavy and they just drilled my roommate in the head with it.

That's the kinda poo poo that needs to happen at soccer games.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

wicka posted:

When I was in college someone stole a roll of toilet paper from the stadium bathroom and tried to throw it through the crowd. But it was an unused, industrial sized roll, and it didn't unspool at all. It was rock hard and super heavy and they just drilled my roommate in the head with it.

That's the kinda poo poo that needs to happen at soccer games.

You are like a little baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNzO7O6sv9g

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
lmao even before i clicked i was like "that has to be fans throwing a moped on the field"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Okay you are starting to win me over on this soccer thing.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

That's because college football games are cool and good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

We didn’t even qualify for the World Cup, how do you expect us to win the World Cup of fans????

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

lol lemans 1955

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Though a group of students did once jump up and down on their section of bleachers so much that they broke off, then picked them up and threw them off the back of the stands. Which was pretty sweet IMO.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Hard to believe anybody gets that excited about IU football.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gret posted:

Hard to believe anybody gets that excited about IU football.

They’re not excited about football, they’re excited about drinking Keystone Light in a parking lot at 8am.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you like hockey then the Best thing I can do for you today is this:

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=hurling&sm=3

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

GramCracker posted:

what are these stories? do elaborate plz

Porsche designed a 962 as a Group C (then top tier World Sportscars Championship/WEC) car. It did well for a few years and then regulations and developments from rivals made it uncompetitive. Dauer then turned it into a road-car. Porsche realised they could enter this road car in GT1 which had some weird rules at that stage which potentially gave the Group C cars an advantage in quali but big disadvantages in race pace. Long story short the Dauer Porsche qualied in 5th and 7th, but came first and third.
The ACO added homologation requirements which killed the Dauer Porsche the next year, similar to how Mazda copped "we don't know how to deal with your stupid rotaries so you can keep your stupid trophy but don't come back next year" after they won.

1988 Italian GP was the first GP after Enzo Ferrari died. The Tifosi hoped beyond hope for a Ferrari win. McLaren had won the other 11 races of the season. Long story short, McLaren McLaren'd their way out of a win (Prost had ?engine problems? and Senna crashed with a car he was lapping) and Ferrari got a magical one-two. ?Then they had some problem in scrutineering that the FIA overlooked.?
If I was tifosi this would be like the high point of F1 in the 80s. But I'm not. And I don't feel it is.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 3, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

If you like hockey then the Best thing I can do for you today is this:

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=hurling&sm=3

That's like a poor man's lacrosse, which is Canada's national sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHWn5Neo5as

lol@1:32

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

track day bro! posted:

me gusta jugar mi favourito videojuego Europeo Camion Simulador dos

Hell, same.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Schlesische posted:

Porsche designed a 962 as a Group C (then top tier World Sportscars Championship/WEC) car. It did well for a few years and then regulations and developments from rivals made it uncompetitive. Dauer then turned it into a road-car. Porsche realised they could enter this road car in GT1 which had some weird rules at that stage which potentially gave the Group C cars an advantage in quali but big disadvantages in race pace. Long story short the Dauer Porsche qualied in 5th and 7th, but came first and third.
The ACO added homologation requirements which killed the Dauer Porsche the next year, similar to how Mazda copped "we don't know how to deal with your stupid rotaries so you can keep your stupid trophy but don't come back next year" after they won.

1988 Italian GP was the first GP after Enzo Ferrari died. The Tifosi hoped beyond hope for a Ferrari win. McLaren had won the other 11 races of the season. Long story short, McLaren McLaren'd their way out of a win (Prost had ?engine problems? and Senna crashed with a car he was lapping) and Ferrari got a magical one-two. ?Then they had some problem in scrutineering that the FIA overlooked.?
If I was tifosi this would be like the high point of F1 in the 80s. But I'm not. And I don't feel it is.

I knew both of these stories and am an idiot for not recognizing what you were talking about initially :suicide:

The Dauer 962 is such a great story. Winning LeMans, road car conversion, GT1 conversion, winning LeMans again :fap:

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
First Moto GP and now hockey, is this thread no longer sacred?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Unfetered One posted:

First Moto GP and now hockey, is this thread no longer sacred?

Yes

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

When was this thread sacred?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

When was this thread sacred?

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
Move this thread to the Ray Parlour, iospace.

E: I forgot to say please, I apologize.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nah

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

track day bro! posted:

5 31 Esteban Ocon Force India Mercedes - 8/10 - This guys name you can't even make a good rivals dot com pun with it. Otherwise a good sold points finish.

Don't challenge me bro. ESTEBUTT SCROATCON

Also some French site is saying Massa is rage quitting retiring November 8th and Are Kub is in for Abu Dhabi. What do the French know about racing though...

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 4, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

For the purposes of the toxxes, the 2018 seat is the only one that counts.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

learnincurve posted:

I have spent the last 20 years driving a G reg white ford transit van, and riding pillion on ludicrously powerful motorcycles. The motorcycle that spent the most time in the back of the transit by far was, surprise surprise, A Honda.

That actually is surprising. Honda might not be able to build an F1 engine to save it's life, but they do make good bikes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

1500quid's Film Review: Death Wish 3

10/10. This film is a loving masterpiece, the ending is absolutely loving insane. I will never see anything better than this in my lifetime. Time to die.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

In a second season episode of Happy Endings a character insults Dave by calling him "Rocksteady," after which they immediately cut to Penny talking about "bebopping on in here." It is the greatest joke in history.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Carth Dookie posted:

That actually is surprising. Honda might not be able to build an F1 engine to save it's life, but they do make good bikes.

Oh the bike was OK, the loving H.I.S.S anti-theft system that you can’t disable and is married to your key is a pile of very broken poo poo. The reason that bike got sold was because after hundreds of pounds spent on repeatedly fixing the loving thing Mr LC came across some dodgy fuckers carrying his bike into a Luton van in tescos car park. Mr LC being a rather large man chased them off though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah Honda electrics can be a bitch. Still better than most other brands, but if they can be said to have a consistent weak point, that'd be it.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

1500quidporsche posted:

1500quid's Film Review: Death Wish 3

10/10. This film is a loving masterpiece, the ending is absolutely loving insane. I will never see anything better than this in my lifetime. Time to die.

Agreed what an amazing picture. I've seen it like 5 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Mr Bronson as you can see, the Police here just can't cut through all the red tape. As Police commissioner I am giving you full authority to brutally murder anyone and everyone you deem unfit for the society.

The movie

• Locked thread