Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

ITS TIME FOR SOME OLD FASHIONED STREET JUSTICE.

I’ve seen at least two people publicly call for him to be murdered.

Yeah well stay out of FB, or the 'popular' vet pages then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bird food bathtub posted:

"Incompetence not malice" is a really safe bet with this administration.

Incompetent malice

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/926386031078858753

rofl

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Syrian Lannister posted:

Yeah well stay out of FB, or the 'popular' vet pages then

A guy on my facebook was arguing with a woman about how her leukemia afflicted child didn't deserve obamacare because government handouts are communist and bad, and among other things he used the line "I'm a Marine (you're welcome)".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

whynotboth.gif

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Even the most important man of the 21st century hated YouTube comments

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

P-Mack posted:

A guy on my facebook was arguing with a woman about how her leukemia afflicted child didn't deserve obamacare because government handouts are communist and bad, and among other things he used the line "I'm a Marine (you're welcome)".

link pls

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Wasn't this Reagan's defense during Iran-Contra? That he didn't know anything about anything, because he was a confused old man?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

facialimpediment posted:

If you really want to get :tinfoil:, think about what happens if Sessions gets canned.

The new Attorney General nominee likely wouldn't need to recuse himself/herself, but Trump has made a nasty habit of personally interviewing US Attorney candidates and would likely do the same for AG. Does that mean if confirmed, that person would immediately fire Mueller? Would the Senate even allow a new AG? If Rosenstein becomes acting AG during that time, will Trump force him to fire Mueller, or would Rosenstein also recuse based on his background in the Comey firing?

Or since we're living in the worst possible timeline, Supreme Court Justice Jefferey Beauregard Sessions III. The silver lining is that's he's already 70, but hate can carry a man a long way.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Incompetent malice

Malicious Incompetance

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I want Sessions to live long enough to see one of his grandchildren marry someone black, and gay too if we're lucky.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Casimir Radon posted:

I want Sessions to live long enough to see one of his grandchildren marry someone black, and gay too if we're lucky.

Nah, dead and gone would be better for us now than schadenfreude.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Every now and again I get the urge to just write up a giant gently caress you to the chickenhawks on Facebook who are all "rah rah are troops" but don't do a loving thing to back it up.

It's more effort than it's worth. But every time I do, I always feel pretty unhappy with myself for even thinking about it.

Today it was worse. I realized I was going to use my wife to win a stupid slapfight on Facebook.

I mean, I already know I'm a lovely person, but Christ.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

You would not be wrong at all to put them on blast by whatever means neccesary.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

McNally posted:

Every now and again I get the urge to just write up a giant gently caress you to the chickenhawks on Facebook who are all "rah rah are troops" but don't do a loving thing to back it up.

It's more effort than it's worth. But every time I do, I always feel pretty unhappy with myself for even thinking about it.

Today it was worse. I realized I was going to use my wife to win a stupid slapfight on Facebook.

I mean, I already know I'm a lovely person, but Christ.

I support the troops! :smugdog:

...By keeping my mouth shut about crap I don't understand, and I have yet to thank anyone for their service.

It's also a good idea to take a break from Facebook. Nothing good can come from it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I don’t know I’m not sure if a dishonorable discharge quite covers people dying looking for the fucker

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BigDave posted:

I support the troops! :smugdog:

...By keeping my mouth shut about crap I don't understand, and I have yet to thank anyone for their service.

It's also a good idea to take a break from Facebook. Nothing good can come from it.

when i was growing up the only people we thanked for their service were the ones who endured long term sacrifices, such as being crippled or being one of the spit upon Vietnam vets.

everyone else was doing their jobs and getting a lifetime of benefit for 4 years service.

this was the 80s and 90s tho, so we didn't have the sane level of hosed up troops coming back and getting publicity

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I don’t know I’m not sure if a dishonorable discharge quite covers people dying looking for the fucker

someone is now going to point out that 0 deaths can be attributed to him or the search for him.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

McNally posted:

As a champion of bad decisions, it's not worth the time. Skulking around here waiting for an NSA Wizard post is a slightly better option.

I called my uncle a chickenhawk when he was ra-ra-ing some stupid poo poo. Shut him right the gently caress up about it, but it was a little weird the next time I saw him. It really is a classic insult.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Execute the guy who recruited him IMO. If you let an obviously broke brained dude into the army and he fucks up and gets people killed then that's on you.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Dude didn't have internet.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

my kinda ape posted:

Execute the guy who recruited him IMO. If you let an obviously broke brained dude into the army and he fucks up and gets people killed then that's on you.
The Iraq Surge was a hell of a drug.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Because you cats are smarter than me with this poo poo- what are the chances that his sentence had verbage that precludes him from making money from this poo poo? I know federal sentencing (provided this was civilian) wouldn't allow to make profit from a book/movie/whatnot.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vains posted:

someone is now going to point out that 0 deaths can be attributed to him or the search for him.

Didn't one guy who was permanently disabled wind up testifying?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

If it were me, I'd have given him a few years of confinement, reduction in grade to E-1, forfeiture of all back pay, and a dishonorable discharge. But as previously noted, I think this sentence was calculated to cut his defense off at the knees so they can't appeal on unlawful command influence causing an unduly harsh sentence, which I think was a good idea.

My prediction is that he'll be the darling of the far left for awhile until they get distracted by something else (I estimate two years, tops) and he'll have to find a job that will A) hire a dishonorably discharged felon and B) offer a good enough health care package to treat the injuries he sustained during his time at the Taliban's Funtime Summer Camp for Wayward Soldiers. And good luck with that, fucker.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

As a champion of bad decisions, it's not worth the time. Skulking around here waiting for an NSA Wizard post is a slightly better option.

I called my uncle a chickenhawk when he was ra-ra-ing some stupid poo poo. Shut him right the gently caress up about it, but it was a little weird the next time I saw him. It really is a classic insult.

Just shows the people you're throwing it at still have a grain of self-awareness somewhere deep inside. My dad used to use it as his CB handle when he was driving trucks in the 80s and told young impressionable Shame on an IGA this as some kind of bizzare point of pride.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bored As gently caress posted:

Dude didn't have internet.

hed type up comments on a usb drive for others to post for him

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

McNally posted:

If it were me, I'd have given him a few years of confinement, reduction in grade to E-1, forfeiture of all back pay, and a dishonorable discharge. But as previously noted, I think this sentence was calculated to cut his defense off at the knees so they can't appeal on unlawful command influence causing an unduly harsh sentence, which I think was a good idea.

My prediction is that he'll be the darling of the far left for awhile until they get distracted by something else (I estimate two years, tops) and he'll have to find a job that will A) hire a dishonorably discharged felon and B) offer a good enough health care package to treat the injuries he sustained during his time at the Taliban's Funtime Summer Camp for Wayward Soldiers. And good luck with that, fucker.

Darling of the left?

Uh... no. I dont care if his light sentence causes Trump to bust a blood clot, he made his bed he should sleep in it.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Yeah I don't see why he would be a darling of the far left, aside from the few lunatics who will support literally anything as long as it's against US interests.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah I don't see why he would be a darling of the far left, aside from the few lunatics who will support literally anything as long as it's against US interests.

Yeah, this is who I mean. I should have been more clear about how far left I was talking.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McNally posted:

Yeah, this is who I mean. I should have been more clear about how far left I was talking.

I bet the Russians will offer him health care as a RT correspondent.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I bet the Russians will offer him health care as a RT correspondent.

All the krok you can inject is not a viable healthplan.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

https://www.gruntstyle.com/products/f-ck-bergdahl

lmbo if you would wear this unironically

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

The thing I've never understood about the reasoning that people use to say he directly lead to people get hurt is that war is so arbitrary who the hell knows what else might have happened. Who's to say that because a unit was in Area X looking for him instead of Area Y, more dudes lived because they would have hit a huge IED on patrol in Area Y? Maybe the increased American president in the area made the Taliban go somewhere else. I guess it all just seems really speculative to me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lmbo if you wear/buy anything from them

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

just whip out this bad boy whenever facebook vets get all pissy

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

The thing I've never understood about the reasoning that people use to say he directly lead to people get hurt is that war is so arbitrary who the hell knows what else might have happened. Who's to say that because a unit was in Area X looking for him instead of Area Y, more dudes lived because they would have hit a huge IED on patrol in Area Y? Maybe the increased American president in the area made the Taliban go somewhere else. I guess it all just seems really speculative to me.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I don't know what yall were expecting. Bergdahl is an easy target for discontent hatred for the forever war. Getting killed while pointlessly walking around the desert due to an idiot is a pretty good analogy for the entire war

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

If we punished everyone that caused someone else to get hurt or killed there wouldn't be much leadership left in the military.
It's kind of funny talking to the people I served with. We had an XO straight up call for fire on our platoon and no one gives a poo poo, but mention Bergdahl and everyone's blood boils. I guess the people that got injured(in my platoon) got free purple hearts out of it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah if you held everyone responsible for the damage they caused other soldiers there'd be a unit specifically for carrying out punishments and executions on NCOs and officers. And that doesn't happen.

But it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Because you cats are smarter than me with this poo poo- what are the chances that his sentence had verbage that precludes him from making money from this poo poo? I know federal sentencing (provided this was civilian) wouldn't allow to make profit from a book/movie/whatnot.

Zero. If that was part of his sentence, it would have been announced by the judge. The feds have a Son of Sam provision, but it's not mandatory or automatic.

• Locked thread