Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

This cast....

That's is a rough looking poster, but yeah, that's a great cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's a direct to DVD christmas comedy that looks like it should be on Hallmark

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

That's a direct to DVD christmas comedy that looks like it should be on Hallmark

Would Hallmark really show a movie about furries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkxvxCZTu3Y

This could be great.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQmsRLaUiTE

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Snak posted:

Would Hallmark really show a movie about furries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkxvxCZTu3Y

This could be great.

The music in this trailer sounds like it comes from a movie with a talking dog detective

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

Post your shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5wBhPbe0Ew

that's not me, it's my dead friend Pat Storm; you can hear me in the audience of that performance though

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The more you post and the more I realize you're in almost all the threads I frequent or lurk, the more I think we're kindred spirits, precision.

Must be the gay.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

precision posted:

that's not me, it's my dead friend Pat Storm; you can hear me in the audience of that performance though

I don't have sound at work but it's like my brain filled it in.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

The more you post and the more I realize you're in almost all the threads I frequent or lurk, the more I think we're kindred spirits, precision.

Must be the gay.

lol I was thinking that the other day, like drat we post in the same threads :tinfoil:

diggin' the avatar btw

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

lol I was thinking that the other day, like drat we post in the same threads :tinfoil:

diggin' the avatar btw

Great minds or some poo poo.

Also thanks. Figured an FFVI one would be too obvious for me finally buying an av, and CC and Kid especially always deserve more love imo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

I'm checking this out later, i can't do QFT videos and poetry slams at the same time, they cancel each other out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Interactive map of every jump Sam took in Quantum Leap.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/926567130115518464

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Not Frank Underwood, but Kevin Spacey.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not Frank Underwood, actual Kevin Spacey.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I see we all immediately thought of the same joke

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

No surprise.

Have him befall the same fate as his English counterpart. Assassinated with his knowledge by someone Claire hires so he will go down in infamy. Have this revealed as a twist after his death and have the series conclude with Claire as the final villain/main character.

You wouldn't even need him to film it if you showed it correctly.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 4, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just because Spacey is awful doesn't mean you should be spoiling the British version of the show :mad:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, sales/views of the British version are going to spike so hard now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm glad they are finally starting work on season 3

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

precision posted:

Just because Spacey is awful doesn't mean you should be spoiling the British version of the show :mad:

It's decades old, but fair point. Sorry about that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Haha holy poo poo, the latest Orville has Literal Klingons

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Amazon and WB are in talks for a LoTR series because hey the definitive editions of that story sure don't exist.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Some now-executive is still mad that Peter Jackson cut Tom Bombadil.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Now if they were gonna do some Simarillion poo poo...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Now if they were gonna do some Simarillion poo poo...

Yeah that would at least be interesting. I'm so tired of all these ring lords!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The Silmarillion is still controlled by Tolkien's estate, the current executor (his grandson) being someone who's opposed to any adaptations at all. The reason we have versions of The Hobbit and LotR is because Tolkien sold those rights to Saul Zaentz back in the late 60s.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dunno why I even bother linking articles but

quote:

The fact that a “Lord of the Rings” series is being shopped by Warner Bros. marks a thaw in the relationship between the studio and the Tolkien estate, which in July settled a massive lawsuit that had dragged on since 2012. The dispute, with Tolkien’s heirs and publisher HarperCollins on one side and Warner Bros. — which produced director Peter Jackon’s live-action feature film adaptations of “The Lord of the Rings” and its prequel, “The Hobbit” — on the other, stemmed from the use characters from the movies in online slot machines and other games.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

precision posted:

Ahh the Down Home in Johnson City, TN.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/THR/status/926631979478667265

That includes shelving his Gore Vidal biopic that's already in post.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best ideas I’ve seen so far are either stealing the end of the British series but moving it up to the front of the season or recasting Frank with Titus Burgess and not have any characters react to the change.

But I haven’t watched season five yet anyway so my opinion is invalid.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/926631979478667265

This is actually pretty principled of Netflix, good on them.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

zoux posted:

and yet people still wondered about his sexuality.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I highly doubt anyone is going to stand with Spacey on this.

But now I'm wondering if the hashtag #StandWithSpacey is already in use and kind of scared to find out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

They gotta do something to keep people happy after raising their prices!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

lelandjs posted:

Michael Jackson wasn't a child abuser. He was likely abused himself as a child and spent most of his adult years trying to recapture his childhood--there are people that theorize that, emotionally and even perhaps mentally, he remained a child into adulthood. Jackson may have even been chemically castrated, meaning that he likely never went through puberty, so he may have even remained a child physically.

The first person that came forward was full of poo poo, he drugged his son to make him say that Jackson abused him, and first tried to use that as leverage to get Jackson to make a screenwriting deal with him, then went to the police when that attempt failed. After the case was settled to get the guy to shut up, he killed himself.

The second incident is a little hairier-Jackson did sleep in the same bed as a child, but there's no evidence that anything happened. Yeah, it's a hosed up thing for an unrelated adult male to sleep in the same bed as a preteen--but in Michael's mind, it was just a sleepover between friends.

I believe Michael Jackson was innocent.

honestly dude, i'm there with you. we don't know everything and he obviously had a lot of inappropriate relationships with kids but that man had his brain hosed up something fierce when he was a child and clearly had some sort of Peter Pan poo poo going on. The fact that he was one of the most famous men in the world during most of the 1980s and his body was slowly turning on him (vitiligo) and then he got caught on fire which introduced him to plastic surgery which, as a person with a massively hosed up view of his own body, he utilized to a dangerous level, and all of that poo poo led him to the drug addiction that ultimately did him in.

Then again you have people like Wade Robson who came out after defending him and said that he did, in fact, molest them. I dunno. It's different because I think the mental illness plays a role that make this case different from your typical molesters who do it for the power, but the reason why you molest kids is definitely less important than the fact that you loving molested kids.

I would love to hear the complete, honest story of Michael Jackson's life, but I have no idea who would be able to tell it, or who would be willing. You have people like Culkin and Lisa Marie Presley and Debbie Rowe (the mother of Jackson's children) who probably know quite a bit more than is publicly known, but there are almost certainly a million pages of NDAs that will keep what they know quiet for a very long time. And then you have his family, who has a vested interest in keeping his legacy clean because it makes them money. And then there are probably plenty of people who would benefit from a pure hit job as well.

edit: you're definitely right about that first allegation though, that dude was a grifter utilizing his child to try and make some money.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 4, 2017

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rhyno posted:

Amazon literally ran press and promotion for Crisis in Six Scenes in the middle of Allen rape allegations, basically deliberately ignoring any questions about him to the effect. Believe me, once something is already made it takes a LOT for studios/networks to shelve it,especially when the person involved is critically acclaimed. Its so much sunk cost that they will promote and push it out the door regardless, at least to recoup their money. Netflix shelving a product that seems to be an Oscar bait title already in post-pro takes a lot of guts, never mind essentially firing Spacey

I wouldn't be surprised if contract negotiations are such that Netflix is literally paying Spacey main cast salary to not work on S6.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm gonna throw in a recommendation for At Home With Amy Sedaris on Tru TV. It's a funny take on Martha Stewart-type shows.

DC Murderverse posted:

and yet people still wondered about his sexuality.
Only ones without a functioning gaydar.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

But now I'm wondering if the hashtag #StandWithSpacey is already in use and kind of scared to find out.

6 ironic and 4 unironic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He's a cross-continental rapist
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/926676285224574976

• Locked thread