Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Hahaha man that was brutal. Won 11-10 against that alpha legion. Had a full unit of nerserkers, some CSM squads, warp talons, oblits, forgefiend, heldrake, warpsmith, and various other characters, most in terminator armor

8 S8 autocannon shots were brutal, wounding on 2s cost me 4 intercessors turn 1 but after that it mainly focused on wiping out my devs, because 2 lascannon hits plus assault hellblasters overcharging (somehow losing none) killed the heldrake bottom of 1.

Relic contemptor ended up soloing his daemon prince, and then the warp talons and bloodcrushers.

Berserkers infiltrated and wiped a unit of intercessors but I spread out enough that they couldn't get a second target, my other unit of hellblasters, my inceptors, and my characters gunned/smited them down easy enough. He summoned a unit of bloodletters and bloodcrushers, with the reroll auras and bolter drill my inceptors wiped the bloodletters which was pretty awesome.

In the end, I had my relic contemptor, two half squads of hellblasters, my razorback and my tac squad. He had the oblits, warpsmith, and forgefiend left, I won 11-10. Pedro and my lt got gunned down by the oblits and forgefiend while clearing troops off objectives but they had done their jobs.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

overthefalls posted:

Finished my Blood Ravens just in time for my Nids to come back into play! Hooray!

Image bomb alert!

Army for tomorrow's 1250 tournament:
BLOOD RAVENS DETACHMENT [Ultramarines] - 1248pts, 6cp

HQ:
Captain in Gravis Armor (The Santic Halo): 137pts
Primaris Librarian: 105pts
Primaris Lieutenant (Power Sword): 74pts

Troops:
5 Intercessors, standard bolt rifle (Aux Grenade): 101pts
5 Scouts (4x Sniper Rifles, BoltPistol/Chainsword, 5x Camo Cloaks): 86pts

Elites:
3 Aggressors (Bolt Storm Gauntlets/Grenade Launchers): 129pts

Fast Attack:
3 Inceptors (Assault Bolters): 180pts

Heavy:
5 Hellblasters (regular): 165pts
5 Hellblasters (assault): 170pts

Warlord: Adept of the Codex
Librarian: Smite; Null Zone; Psychic Scourge

These dudes fuckin' own.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Those are some nice red space men.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Those scouts look so puny in comparison lmao

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

overthefalls posted:

Finished my Blood Ravens just in time for my Nids to come back into play! Hooray!

I love the more purply red that you've got going there

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

goose willis posted:

Those scouts look so puny in comparison lmao

As a friend put it: "How cute -- they brought their kids with them!"

Booley posted:

I love the more purply red that you've got going there

It's a Duncan special: Khorne Red -> Agrax Earthshade -> Khorne Red -> Evil Suns Crimson -> Wild Rider touchups on some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4nCScpgDhA

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Playing in a 2K tournament tomorrow as Tau, trying something a bit new for the heavy battlesuits, because I loving love Broadsides.

+++ Nov 4 Tournament (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [104 PL, 1997pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [37 PL, 674pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [7 PL, 145pts]: 2x Cyclic ion blaster, Multi-tracker, 2x MV7 Marker Drone, Plasma rifle
. For the Greater Good, Manta Strike, Master of War

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [8 PL, 162pts]: High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, Multi-tracker, 2x MV7 Marker Drone, Target lock
. Coldstar, For the Greater Good, Manta Strike, Master of War

+ Troops +

Breacher Team [5 PL, 80pts]
. Bonding Knife Ritual, For the Greater Good
. 9x Fire Warrior
. . Pulse blaster
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol
. . Pulse blaster

Strike Team [5 PL, 80pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
. 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [5 PL, 80pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
. 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Dedicated Transport +

TY7 Devilfish [7 PL, 127pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon
. Attached Drones (TX4 Piranha), Attached Drones (TY7 Devilfish), Explodes, Hover Tank, Turret Mounting

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [44 PL, 834pts] ++

+ HQ +

Longstrike [11 PL, 195pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Railgun
. Attached Drones (Longstrike's Gunship), Explodes, For the Greater Good, Hover Tank, Tank Ace

+ Heavy Support +

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [11 PL, 213pts]: 2x MV8 Missile Drone
. Bonding Knife Ritual, Drone Support, For the Greater Good
. Broadside Shas'ui: 2x Plasma rifle, Heavy rail rifle, Shield generator

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [23 PL, 489pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight
. For the Greater Good, Markerlights, Volley Fire

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [7 PL, 157pts]: 2x MV7 Marker Drone
. Bonding Knife Ritual, Drone Support, For the Greater Good, Vanguard
. 6x Pathfinder: 6x Markerlight
. . Markerlights
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol
. . Markerlights
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 3x Rail rifle

Pathfinder Team [7 PL, 157pts]: 2x MV7 Marker Drone
. 6x Pathfinder: 6x Markerlight
. . Markerlights
. . Markerlights

Pathfinder Team [7 PL, 133pts]: 2x MV7 Marker Drone
. 3x Pathfinder: 3x Markerlight
. . Markerlights
. . Markerlights

Created with BattleScribe

The biggest choice in the entire list was whether to run a Spearhead detachment with three single Broadsides, or lump them into the Battalion and make them a single squad. The tradeoff was easier overwatch coverage and being able to take a Shas'vre (battalion) versus a command point and deployment flexibility (spearhead). I think Spearhead is the way to go, because having that clutch extra reroll might just swing a game with the heavy guns on those things.

I feel like I have a decent handle on light infantry (Strike Team, Pathfinders without Rail Rifles, Devilfish), heavy infantry (Breachers, Rail Rifle Pathfinders, Commanders), and anti-armor (Broadsides, Longstrike, massed Missile Drones). What's this list missing that I could switch out at the last minute?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Can you take a photo of one of the scouts standing next to a big daddy boy

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I want there to be an even amount of Loyalist Primarchs and Traitor ones.

Zark the Damned posted:

Confirmed on GW Site - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

Though that says Daemons will be early next year instead of before Xmas.

---

So, once the Bangles and Dangles are out, that just leaves Sisters, Deathwatch, Wolves and Imperial Agents for Imperium right? Possibly Knights though maybe the Mechanicus book is all the rules they get.

For Chaos that leaves TSons

I'm reckoning we'll see Deldar and Tau fairly early on, with Deathwatch around the same time to fight them. It'd be neat to get TSons and Wolves released around the same time. We'll likely get a World Eaters book with plastic Angron to round out the three Traitor Legions that matter (RIP Slaanesh), GeneCult, Ynnari and Harlequins, then it'll be time for a classic GW move and a new version of Space Marines will come out before Orks and Necrons.

Really excited for Deathwatch, since I just picked them up.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Just give the Emperor a codex entry already

Both his mobile and immobile forms

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

goose willis posted:

Can you take a photo of one of the scouts standing next to a big daddy boy

It's take your kid to work day! Little Timmy likes his chainsword.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Holy loving ahahahahahahahaha

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

overthefalls posted:

You will treat that sergeant with respect. :colbert:. He's been training scouts four times as long as that bigly's even been alive.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

overthefalls posted:

Nice blurs. I like that bokeh poo poo.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

overthefalls posted:

Image bomb alert!

Army for tomorrow's 1250 tournament:
BLOOD RAVENS DETACHMENT [Ultramarines] - 1248pts, 6cp

HQ:
Captain in Gravis Armor (The Santic Halo): 137pts
Primaris Librarian: 105pts
Primaris Lieutenant (Power Sword): 74pts

Troops:
5 Scouts (4x Sniper Rifles, BoltPistol/Chainsword, 5x Camo Cloaks): 86pts

Elites:
3 Aggressors (Bolt Storm Gauntlets/Grenade Launchers): 129pts

Fast Attack:
3 Inceptors (Assault Bolters): 180pts

Heavy:
5 Hellblasters (regular): 165pts
5 Hellblasters (assault): 170pts

Warlord: Adept of the Codex
Librarian: Smite; Null Zone; Psychic Scourge

Holy loving poo poo.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Safety Factor posted:

You will treat that sergeant with respect. :colbert:. He's been training scouts four times as long as that bigly's even been alive.

Bigly's been alive for ten thousand years though.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Winters has the Nid book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osSbqvEqFt8

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Do chapters ever mix gene-seed?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Never cross the gene-streams.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Artum posted:

They're on record as wanting russ back first but it being a step too far for the setting since he just immediately burns the imperium to the ground, so they went for Guilliman instead.

So I'll be interested to see how russ' return works when the two brothers kicking about are two of his least favourite.

Yeah. If you want a Primarch who's likely to actually go for secession, Russ is it. He does not tolerate bullshit, and the Lords of Terra are bullshit incarnate.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

goose willis posted:

All signs point to the Cacharodons being Raven Guard reinforced with a shitload of Night Lord geneseed they stole from a Night Lord planet they stomped flat one time.

Officially no.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TKIY posted:

Jesus that AoS boob armour :(

I thought that too to start with, but in this specific context it's not as bad as it looks. This is the equivalent male character:

They're kinda "naked Conan barbarians - the faction." The breastplate on her is also pretty flat - like "shaped for a female body" instead of "tit cones."

Cautious thumbs up imo.

goose willis posted:

Does anyone even play that Hobbit game that Games Workshop puts out

I remember back in the day there wasn't a single person that played the Lord of the Rings game and the boxes were just sitting dusty on the shelves and not even the Games Workshop employees themselves talked about them

LotR was enormously popular and carried the company for years. The LotR bubble carried them through some pretty lean times for 40k and WHFB and paid for a ton of the expansion they did into plastics casting. More negatively, it also obscured some fundamental weaknesses with their business plan which only got worse when it ended and Kirby took cost-cutting far past its logical extreme while also making an actively worse product.

Separate from whether it sold well or not, it was a really good game system. The original LotR games were very scenario-driven, but the system for them was good and scaled well, and they made some adjustments for War of the Ring which worked out in making it more of a wargame. It got slightly unwieldy at very large sizes because of the number of heroes and tracking their Will/Fate/whatever points, but that's sort of inevitable.

I don't think the Hobbit is doing so well because those films didn't really do well, but I'm totally out of touch with that. I've still seen LotR/WotR played fairly recently.

goose willis posted:

Pervert

Safety Factor posted:

Realtalk, that Scout sergeant is the metal from what like 1993? That thing can drink, drive and gamble.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Strobe posted:

Playing in a 2K tournament tomorrow as Tau, trying something a bit new for the heavy battlesuits, because I loving love Broadsides.
(snip)

Looks pretty good - the main thing I'd be wary of is people advancing up and munching your pathfinders/strike teams or deep striking to take out your broadsides, as you don't have much in the way of screening units. A unit of gun drones would work wonders there, if you have room to spare.
Similarly, I'm not sure the marker drones attached to your commanders are going to do much work. If neither has a drone controller, they're only hitting on a 5+ meaning a given pair has a ~50% chance of landing a single marker light. Switching them for gun or shield drones will give a lot more dakka/toughness respectively.
Looking forward to hearing how it goes though - I'm not sure how good broadsides are this edition and waiting to hear before I pick out my own heavy support.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

goose willis posted:

Cursed founding is suspected of this in an attempt to breed out 'imperfections'. Also the Ultramarines might have bloodlines of the two lost legions hidden away in there somewhere.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

So, I know this is TradG but idk where 40k bideo game threads are; anybody here play that Chapter Master game?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

goose willis posted:

Both sides did when the Heresy ramped up. Supply lines were hosed up badly by the Ruinstorm and everyone used whatever geneseed they could get their hands on. The World Eaters managed to get the process from neophyte to full marine down to just under a year. There are even rules for renegade Astartes warbands that instruct their Apothecaries to create chimeric hybrid seed to boost certain characteristics.

30K is where all the interesting poo poo happens, play 30K.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

This dude also has it and is far more blatant in going through page by page giving all the info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_SZljKcGc

(I linked the same guy's breakdown of Eldar, and someone pointed out he's a weird right-wing type. I do not endorse any political views he may have, but I do really want to know about the imaginary statistics of little space aliens. So watch or don't as you like)

Question for any Chaos/Death Guard players out there? Is there a consensus on what army detachments and general builds are effective? My regular opponent really likes the plagueburst crawlers, but I think he's struggling a bit with the army composition and tactics to support them. TIA.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Those Blood Ravens are real loving sexy!

Stop making me want to start Blood Ravens. :argh:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Genghis Cohen posted:

This dude also has it and is far more blatant in going through page by page giving all the info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_SZljKcGc

(I linked the same guy's breakdown of Eldar, and someone pointed out he's a weird right-wing type. I do not endorse any political views he may have, but I do really want to know about the imaginary statistics of little space aliens. So watch or don't as you like)

Downplaying his views as "weird right-wing type" so you can feel less awkward about watching his videos on space mans doesn't make him less a bigoted fascist. And linking him in this thread despite knowing that is really a hell of an endorsement. But you do you.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

So what are people hoping for from the BA/DA books?

Personally I'm thinking Death Company should pick up the fight twice ability a la Berzerkers, which would go a long way towards making them more useful. Points drops across the board. I expect most of the stratagems to be the same, although I'd hope that the Angels ones are better than the base SM ones.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

spacegoat posted:

Downplaying his views as "weird right-wing type" so you can feel less awkward about watching his videos on space mans doesn't make him less a bigoted fascist. And linking him in this thread despite knowing that is really a hell of an endorsement. But you do you.

Jesus gently caress, aren't you cold up on that pedestal in November? Many thanks for your gracious permission to watch warhammer videos on the internet without vetting the producers; I will continue to do so.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Dude do whatever you want. if promoting fascists on the internet is that then go for it. Just don't act like you're not endorsing kind of people you're endorsing.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Genghis Cohen posted:

Jesus gently caress, aren't you cold up on that pedestal in November? Many thanks for your gracious permission to watch warhammer videos on the internet without vetting the producers; I will continue to do so.

Linking it and not knowing is one thing, but posting it and coyly saying that he's "a weird right-wing type" when what you mean is "dude is an out and out fascist" isn't cool.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
So to avoid me looking at any of his stuff or doing a modicum of research of my own initiative, what fascisty stuff has that boy done?

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
they call him striking scorpion 1488 for a reason lol

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

So what are people hoping for from the BA/DA books?

Personally I'm thinking Death Company should pick up the fight twice ability a la Berzerkers, which would go a long way towards making them more useful. Points drops across the board. I expect most of the stratagems to be the same, although I'd hope that the Angels ones are better than the base SM ones.

For Blood Angels-
-Chapter Tactic equivalent will be advance and charge.
-Stormtalon/Stormhak Interceptor will be added
-Access to Cataphractii/Tartaros pattern armor
-I am praying for them to do some consolidating on the character auras. It's really not viable to drag around 2-3 characters to buff a single unit and you never get all of them making the charge and it's just this huge mess.
-Sanguinary Guard rework. Ideally Heirs of Azkallon will give rerolls to wound since as it stand there's no point in taking them with Dante.
-I'd like to see some sort of mortal wound generation come out of death company instead of fighting twice to differentiate them. Perfectly happy with fighting twice though
-I think we may see some new Primaris releases. Vanilla marines etc will still get them but it feels like a really good window to expand that range a bit.
-Assault Marines as troops so that they may actually be used a little bit

And yes, agreed. Please don't link fash in here.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Obviously I'm in the minority here. Personally, I haven't seen this guy's political videos or anything like that, and I don't care. His youtube channel does seem to be all warhammer stuff. I think there is in fact a line between Neo-Nazis and rightwingers, while I am a liberal guy, I don't ostracize UKIPpers or people with lovely views. They make up 52% of my country, unfortunately, and I can't live exclusively amongst the other 48%.

I work and communicate regularly with people with whom I strongly disagree about politics, and who I consider dinosaurs in many ways. I don't think watching youtube videos with no political content counts as 'endorsing fascism', even if the guy who made them is a total douche, or indeed a crypto-Nazi (which seems to be jumping to conclusions).

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
On the other hand gently caress Nazis, they can get the gently caress out of my hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
i can understand that with no other not-nazi youtubers out there to read you the tyranid codex youd just have to promote the naizi one
its ok boo