Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Really, really obese people often seem to be hyper-flexible. Does the fat invade the joints and just pop them out? Imagine having liquid-coupling hips!

EDIT: Shameful snype. Have some examples
https://goo.gl/images/tf6EZL
https://goo.gl/images/zLnpZ8
https://goo.gl/images/C8joDV

ExecuDork has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I think gravity stretches the connective tissue over time from all that weight pulling on everything.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
There seems to be some connection between lipedema and joint laxity. It's a hosed-up disease process. Dercum Disease, one of the most painful types of lipoma, that often also causes lipedema, can be comorbid with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, too.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Nov 3, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

In all honesty, I am hypermobile in nearly every joint and it certainly doesn't help with feeling like trying to be active and healthy when you're in pain all the time and get injured repeatedly just from moving. It's a lovely life.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

In all honesty, I am hypermobile in nearly every joint and it certainly doesn't help with feeling like trying to be active and healthy when you're in pain all the time and get injured repeatedly just from moving. It's a lovely life.

Don't have to tap out to am bars though. So you got that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

text me a vag pic posted:

Like little twig. I like my legs strong like oak

I am gently caress that leg-arse.

cnut
May 3, 2016

She should start walking and try to lose weight, imo.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

I am gently caress that leg-arse.

We know, Jerry. We know.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

furries are still terrible

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'd like to think this is a spectacular loss in the genetic lottery and feel bad for this person but I don't know any of the story.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Shrapnig posted:

I'd like to think this is a spectacular loss in the genetic lottery and feel bad for this person but I don't know any of the story.

When she was a child she was bitten by a radioactive honey pot ant and gained the powers of the ant to use her body as storage for liquids.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So I'm assuming there's not a surgical fix to this issue? It just seems like at some point scooping out some of the goop would be best.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Solice Kirsk posted:

So I'm assuming there's not a surgical fix to this issue? It just seems like at some point scooping out some of the goop would be best.

Think how much she would save on candles.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If you get to that weight is there even a chance of returning to a normal life or is it basically just palliative care at that point

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Plz stop taking tmig out of those

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

LostCosmonaut posted:

that's probably only the known sexual partners, too

lotta neg holes gettin pozzed

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
IIRC, it's not necessarily fat. Lymphedema can be mistaken as lipedema, but causes fluid build up and eventually fibrous growth in lymphatic passages, which means that fixing it is a lot less straightforward than regular weightloss. Surgical procedures can fix different types and severities of lymphedema, for sure, but for a case that far gone... who knows. It would probably be a series of smaller surgeries, physical therapy, and aggressive lifestyle monitoring. Lots of money that she might not have

That has to be one of the scariest things, to be able to starve yourself half to death and still gain weight because fluid isn't actually leaving your legs

E: get tested and get your partners tested if you're sleeping around. Be a furry slut if that makes you happy, but don't spread disease

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

LostCosmonaut posted:

:stare:

Is knowingly spreading HIV not illegal in the UK or what?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Door Frame posted:

IIRC, it's not necessarily fat. Lymphedema can be mistaken as lipedema, but causes fluid build up and eventually fibrous growth in lymphatic passages, which means that fixing it is a lot less straightforward than regular weightloss. Surgical procedures can fix different types and severities of lymphedema, for sure, but for a case that far gone... who knows. It would probably be a series of smaller surgeries, physical therapy, and aggressive lifestyle monitoring. Lots of money that she might not have

That has to be one of the scariest things, to be able to starve yourself half to death and still gain weight because fluid isn't actually leaving your legs

E: get tested and get your partners tested if you're sleeping around. Be a furry slut if that makes you happy, but don't spread disease

Wait it’s an std? Echi.......

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Door Frame posted:

My mom had something like that for her whole body. She was completely incapable of losing weight no matter how much she exercised and dieted.

Turns out it was fluid buildup. She had pancreatitis caused by gallstones that nearly killed her.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

LostCosmonaut posted:

I recognize one of these names and yikes

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Which one and why

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I was making costume heads for halloween and used a lot of (lol) fursuit techniques, and looked at a lot of blogs about bad fursuits/murrsuits and, welp,,,,

(it's felix the fox, I don't recommend searching jfc)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what does (pet) mean

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I am glad I don't know the answer

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what does (pet) mean

My honest guess is a master/pet bdsm relationship.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what does (pet) mean

:woof:

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Daw, good boy

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-tells-cops-disemboweled-corpse-found-closet-sex-doll-article-1.3601372

quote:

Wright attempted to explain the grisly scene telling officers that anything they found in the bedroom was "from the internet." As far as the body in the closet, Wright said it was a sex doll "made of flesh."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh Florida...

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

LostCosmonaut posted:

Tag yourself, I'm having at least intercourse

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Fantastic Flyer posted:

:stare:

Is knowingly spreading HIV not illegal in the UK or what?

Well hey, if it works for California!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

LostCosmonaut posted:

Good for Dr Cuddlebug, keepin it monogamous.

And now I have to wonder if Dr Cuddlebug is an insect furry? Are there such things? What do they call them?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

"Timmy, where did you get a sex doll made of flesh?"
"Uh...internet?"
"Ok!"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Dr. Cuddlebugchaser

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Intoluene posted:

My honest guess is a master/pet bdsm relationship.

I loving hope so.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Foxhound posted:

I loving hope so.

Not to kinkshame, but we're in a strange place if that's the more pleasant alternative.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Foxhound posted:

I loving hope so.

Hey, it's HIV, the carrier has to be very closely related to humans to carry the disease. I'm 95% sure they're not loving their actual pet dogs if they are concerned about them transmitting HIV

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

The Door Frame posted:

Hey, it's HIV, the carrier has to be very closely related to humans to carry the disease. I'm 95% sure they're not loving their actual pet dogs if they are concerned about them transmitting HIV

Could be their pet chimpanzee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

The Door Frame posted:

AUG Thread: I'm 95% Sure They're Not loving Their Actual Pet Dogs

• Locked thread