Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Please be kind to the Nintendog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That T-rex scooter chase was A++++++

edit: Bitch you just said you love hats TAKE THE HAT

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 4, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If mario goes to sleep near it, the dog will curl up and sleep with you. It's cute.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If mario goes to sleep near it, the dog will curl up and sleep with you. It's cute.

Same with Bowser

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

and then mario tip toes away and that's how mario abandoned his dog

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

How much coin grinding is required for 100%? I don't die often but I'm struggling to afford these late game costumes. I found a decent grinding spot in Bowser's Kingdom but it is a pain because you have to replant a seed every time you want to run it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jump rope was easy peasy :smug:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Traxis posted:

How much coin grinding is required for 100%? I don't die often but I'm struggling to afford these late game costumes. I found a decent grinding spot in Bowser's Kingdom but it is a pain because you have to replant a seed every time you want to run it.

That's literally the fastest way to make money. You could also re-run the festival at New Donk if you want to change it up.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What exactly is "doing the odyssey"? Is it a specific dance move, like The Twist? Or is it a more general sense of joy that you get from playing Super Mario Odyssey?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

PantsBandit posted:

What exactly is "doing the odyssey"? Is it a specific dance move, like The Twist? Or is it a more general sense of joy that you get from playing Super Mario Odyssey?

It's when you go out onto the dance floor and it takes seven years to get back to your date.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

hosed up that a fork can marry a woman.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

andipossess posted:

My strategy for this was to walk up slowly then pause whenever it jumps. It took a bit of experimentation to figure out how to even get close.

I just crouch-walked and waddled right up until I was within hat throwing distance, got it first try like that.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
This game is so rich I'm finding it hard to play for more than an hour or two at a time. At least I finally made it to Bowser's Kingdom.

Also Dark Souls Kingdom was hilarious.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Macaluso posted:

Jump rope was easy peasy :smug:

I got to 87 or so jumps on the Vespa. I'm gonna do it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Someone earlier suggested listening for the "yeah!"s and jumping then. Just giving it the absolute lightest press possible at that sound. It worked for me, but it was still annoying.

Speaking of, I couldn't help thinking all the mini-games in this would be amazing translated to Mario Party. Especially the seal one.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 4, 2017

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Got to 94 jumps and my cat jumped my lap and made me shake the joy con. :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I went to 200 afterwards to see if it there's anything if you go even further but I wasn't given a moon. I don't know if you get anything for going higher but I wanted to stop and keep doing other moons

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm not too fussed about getting every moon since even Darker Side unlocks long before that. There's def fun to be had beyond 500 and that's why I'm still playing, but there's a reason they gave a lot of leeway when it comes to unlocking all the postgame content compared to previous games.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
hey gently caress hint art

is there a really good page with just pictures, or failing that a youtube video, for me to just cheat on all of these

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wish I could replace all the racing moons with jump rope. Goddamn do I hate the racing

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The koopa racing? I've found them pretty easy so far. Even with the gold there's usually an obvious level gimmick that they ignore.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

I wish I could replace all the racing moons with jump rope. Goddamn do I hate the racing

The races own actually.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Macaluso posted:

What the gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

*Does a series of badass jumps, flips, and hat throws over that post to reach the finish line*

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i was gonna be an obnoxious dick and chime in that jump rope is easy but wow gently caress that guy for not liking koopa races

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Meh. The moped timer level was way better

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That reminds me in a game with a moped how the gently caress is Jaxi gonna control like that?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Macaluso posted:

I enjoyed the race in Snow Kingdom, but yeah I'm with you in general.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
This game is cool.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Lol at everyone having trouble with jumprope, I got 149 on my first and only try.

The hint arts were super cool but I needed to look up how to find at least half of them.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

It's when you enter the Odyssey by pounding through the pipe in the back

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can someone give me a hint on the KEEP art? At least which kingdom it's in. I thought it'd be Bowser's since that has a keep in it but I didn't find it

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

Can someone give me a hint on the KEEP art? At least which kingdom it's in. I thought it'd be Bowser's since that has a keep in it but I didn't find it

You're looking for a place that has the word "KEEP" written on it.

It's not a sign.

metro kingdom

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Even if you follow the same route as the gold koopa your roll is faster than his run

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lets Pickle posted:

Lol at everyone having trouble with jumprope, I got 149 on my first and only try.

The hint arts were super cool but I needed to look up how to find at least half of them.

need hint art for the hint art

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Electric Phantasm posted:

That reminds me in a game with a moped how the gently caress is Jaxi gonna control like that?

Jaxi's one of those cases where the controls are deliberately difficult as part of the challenge.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Someone earlier suggested listening for the "yeah!"s and jumping then. Just giving it the absolute lightest press possible at that sound. It worked for me, but it was still annoying.

Speaking of, I couldn't help thinking all the mini-games in this would be amazing translated to Mario Party. Especially the seal one.

another tip is to use your index finger. i found that i'm much more consistent at doing light taps that way.

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Is there a moon for getting all purple coins in a kingdom?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm down to just art, secret path, and achievement moons left. Getting pretty close!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Is there a moon for getting all purple coins in a kingdom?

Eventually, in a manner of speaking, yes.

• Locked thread