Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The closing credits had better just be the Pokerap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I'd love Alolan Butterfree, but regular Butterfree is already a part of the Alola Dex

They should make a mega Butterfree instead and make it like a special version of mega Beedrill.

Also just now noticed that Marshado was maybe inspired by a literal concept of shadow boxing.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

PSWII60 posted:

They should make a mega Butterfree instead and make it like a special version of mega Beedrill.

Also just now noticed that Marshado was maybe inspired by a literal concept of shadow boxing.

I'm still not sure why, of all the Gen 1 creatures, Beedrill was on the short list to give a mega form. Pidgeot I get if only because the bird looked impressive before despite being awful, but why would Beedrill have priority over some actual Gen III mon like, say, Swellow or Tropius? I'd have gladly traded at least three megas for a mega Flygon, but it still gets nothing.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

What do you think?

(They've already shown the protag smiling in scenes it doesn't fit in trailers I think. Why is it so hard for GF to draw an angry texture and a sad texture too?)

i would hope, that making bad changes, would be hard

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Geostomp posted:

The only thing that gets me is why all these guys would follow anyone, especially Giovanni. Giovanni may be competent, but I’m not sure why all these supervillains would follow a relatively normal crime boss even if he does have Mewtwo under his control.

quote:

Mewtwo

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah, but if these guys are all from universes where they won, then practically all of them have some poke-god or two at their beck and call.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

I'm still not sure why, of all the Gen 1 creatures, Beedrill was on the short list to give a mega form. Pidgeot I get if only because the bird looked impressive before despite being awful, but why would Beedrill have priority over some actual Gen III mon like, say, Swellow or Tropius? I'd have gladly traded at least three megas for a mega Flygon, but it still gets nothing.

Because Beedrill is cool and my pal.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Haifisch posted:

The closing credits had better just be the Pokerap.
This, but all 802 pokemon.

It's a movie, they have time during those credits.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Tropius is the thematic counterpart to Lapras as a pokemon that looks like it really needs another stage but will never have one.

Also Flygon is perfect already.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Tropius is the thematic counterpart to Lapras as a pokemon that looks like it really needs another stage but will never have one.

Also Flygon is perfect already.

Lapras isn't that bad it's been a strong contender in some VGC metagames.

I don't think anyone has ever wanted to use Tropius in a competitive context.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Because Beedrill is cool and my pal.

Beedrill rules

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Geostomp posted:

Because Beedrill is among the first pokemon a trainer could acquire in Pokemon R/B/Y and compared to it's counterpart Butterfree. It sucked, a lot. And Butterfree isn't even a high bar to cross. It was horrible and useless against the one gym it could have been good in given it's hypothethical statistical peak. Butterfree got to be a big part of the first season of the anime, Beedrill got to be dicks in one episode. It all created a sort of underdog syndrome which seemed to make people gravitate towards Beedrill. And Beedrill getting a Mega Form felt like the karmic scales balancing themselves out.

I want to know where Mega Ledian was. The Ledian line is one of the few lines where I can't figure out why the hell they even exist. Their stats suck, they're not joke pokemon, there is no gimmick to them (like Luvdisc holding heart scales). They're just...there. And they suck and there is no point to them. Kamen Rider Bug/Fighting Ledian would have been great.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 4, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ultima66 posted:

I don't think anyone has ever wanted to use Tropius in a competitive context.
Well, depends on what you mean by wanted to, because it's goofy looking.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Does it seem odd to anyone else that Cresselia, the Lunar Phase Pokemon, is not available in Ultra Moon as an exclusive?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Because Beedrill is among the first pokemon a trainer could acquire in Pokemon R/B/Y and compared to it's counterpart Butterfree. It sucked, a lot. And Butterfree isn't even a high bar to cross. It was horrible and useless against the one gym it could have been good in given it's hypothethical statistical peak. Butterfree got to be a big part of the first season of the anime, Beedrill got to be dicks in one episode. It all created a sort of underdog syndrome which seemed to make people gravitate towards Beedrill. And Beedrill getting a Mega Form felt like the karmic scales balancing themselves out.

I want to know where Mega Ledian was. The Ledian line is one of the few lines where I can't figure out why the hell they even exist. Their stats suck, they're not joke pokemon, there is no gimmick to them (like Luvdisc holding heart scales). They're just...there. And they suck and there is no point to them. Kamen Rider Bug/Fighting Ledian would have been great.

Gotta admit, Ledian seems like the Bug who really needed a mega. Beedrill was bad, but Ledian set a bar so low that no other early Bug could fail to rise above. Who in their right minds at Gamefreak thought its stats could possibly be acceptable, even by early game garbage standards?

I can only imagine it not getting the mega treatment because the solution to its awfulness is only slightly more involved that Beedrill's: plunge its special attack into the abyss, swap its special defense with speed, then pump up its attack to levels worthy of Iron Fist.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A bug pokemon so bad that the bug gym leader would rather use the cacoon pokemon over it.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Ledian's poor quality is hurt even more by how cool it is. It's like a flying Semtei Soldier with four arms that poo poo is the coolest.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Ledian's poor quality is hurt even more by how cool it is. It's like a flying Semtei Soldier wuth four arms that poo poo is the coolest.

Yeah and they gave it Iron fist.

fun list of pokemon with a equal or higher attack than Ledian

Pichu
Seedot
Dewpider
Wimpod
Silcoon
Cascoon
Kadabra
Magnemite
Hoppip
Weedle

Gastly

but hey, it barely edges out Wobbuffet. By 2 points.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

When an incorporeal ball of gas is a better physical attacker than you, it's probably time to throw in the towel.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Cicadas! posted:

When an incorporeal ball of gas is a better physical attacker than you, it's probably time to throw in the towel.

It would but it can't lift it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

What really gets me about Ledian is why they chose special defense as one of it's two not-horrible stats. Who thought that this thing was somehow going to be just a great wall to special moves with its pitiful HP? Adding Iron Fist to it's awful attack only made it more obvious that whatever plan they had for the Red Ladybug Ranger was severely screwed up along the way. I mean, fellow worthless Johto mon, Azumarrill, got rescued from the trash heap with Huge Power. Meanwhile, Ledian just gets to be a pretty, but ultimately worthless face.

Cicadas! posted:

It actually loses to a pokemon said to be so frail that it is physically incapable of moving its limbs without psychic powers. This thing could not be any more pitiful.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2LmeEpqijI

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The various piracy apps have updated with a "Pokemon Ultra Sun". It's only the data from pre-loading the game so there's no leaks just yet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geostomp posted:

The only thing that gets me is why all these guys would follow anyone, especially Giovanni. Giovanni may be competent, but I’m not sure why all these supervillains would follow a relatively normal crime boss even if he does have Mewtwo under his control.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is canon now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is canon now.

But Guzma has a laser gun now. Clearly that's why he didn't get invited.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I want to welcome Palossand and Cosmoem as the last members of my living Pokédex. :toot:

Two more weeks!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
reminder that the horse needs shore up

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Geostomp posted:

What really gets me about Ledian is why they chose special defense as one of it's two not-horrible stats. Who thought that this thing was somehow going to be just a great wall to special moves with its pitiful HP? Adding Iron Fist to it's awful attack only made it more obvious that whatever plan they had for the Red Ladybug Ranger was severely screwed up along the way. I mean, fellow worthless Johto mon, Azumarrill, got rescued from the trash heap with Huge Power. Meanwhile, Ledian just gets to be a pretty, but ultimately worthless face.

And you'd think 'maybe Gamefreak just forgot about it. Not every pokemon gets a do-over. Some just get pushed into the background and forgotten about'
But NOPE SuMo, route 1 front and center there's Ledyba, derping around like anybody wants to waste a pokeball on it.
They could have, I don't know, given it a pity base 75 attack or something. At least then they could be like 'this is bad, but at least it evolves early and when move tutors show up it will have a really diverse movepool and if you get one with Iron Fist it could do a little damage.'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is canon now.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pentaro posted:

I want to welcome Palossand and Cosmoem as the last members of my living Pokédex. :toot:

Two more weeks!
Congrats!

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I have a shiny Silvally code if anyone wants it.

A7264H6RX25CQFYJ (Taken)

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 4, 2017

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

Violet_Sky posted:

I have a shiny Silvally code if anyone wants it.

A7264H6RX25CQFYJ

I grabbed this--thanks!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What's the best nature for a Silvally?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
All stats are balanced at 95, but Multi-Attack is physical. Jolly or Adamant would probably be good. I went with a neutral nature and just maxed out both attack stats.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I liked playing mixed with mine, but it is by no means good. Fairy type with Hasty nature, thunderbolt, ice beam, multi attack, and protect.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
basically the only reason to use Silvally is because it gets Parting Shot and has a decent enough speed, so something that boosts speed is a good idea.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Having one version get Heatran while the other gets Regigigas doesn't seem like a very even distribution.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Starsnostars posted:

Having one version get Heatran while the other gets Regigigas doesn't seem like a very even distribution.

I'm holding out hope that USUM gives Regigigas an ability that doesn't suck, since it and Groudon are more or less the only two Legendaries I actually like.
I know it won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Starsnostars posted:

But think of all the doubles shenanigans you can get up to with ReG3