Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Garou looks a little damaged. He needs a good night's sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Congrats Genos on just about beating a dude who is poisoned, beaten up and having a thoroughly poo poo day.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom posted:

quote this post if you believe in genos

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Popo posted:

I love that Genos has addressed his problem with getting his arms ripped off so often. Also, and this might be the child in me, but I like that we're getting a bit of monster gore again. Maybe I'm forgetting but it feels like it's been a while since we've seen lovingly rendered monster anatomical cross sections.
That spread of the monster getting Tower of Hanoi'd was insanely good.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Can Of Worms posted:

That spread of the monster getting Tower of Hanoi'd was insanely good.

That middle stomach plug that popped out reminded me of kung pow: enter the fist

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Manga Stream translation is out.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Elfface posted:

Saitama thinks much like this thread.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't post this stuff before someone links the translation. Kind of made the joke fall flat when I actually read the chapter, y'know.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

This comic is so stupidly good

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Whoa, Genos has the Pacific Rim rocket elbow.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

ChronoReverse posted:

Whoa, Genos has the Pacific Rim rocket elbow.

If only he had the Big O piston elbow.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did they change the name of Bomb's style for Murata's version or is it just Mangastream being bad?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, this is way better when you read a huge part of it in one sitting.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RatHat posted:

Did they change the name of Bomb's style for Murata's version or is it just Mangastream being bad?

Dunno what mangastream went with but Bomb's style is 旋風鉄斬拳 (senpuutetsuzanken) or whirlwind iron slicing fist

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah Mangastream called it Iron Whirlwind Murderous Fist.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hot drat

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

dammit i thought that old guy at the end was saitama wearing a King wig

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kinda wish we were getting Bang V Garou while Garou was healthy. That'd probably be a very cool and good fight.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Fartbox posted:

This comic is so stupidly good

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Genos didn't job.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:(

I really feel for Garou, I never really liked him. But after his fights, jesus he doesn't deserve this. IMO he's more of a hero than most of the hero association assholes. He stood his ground till the end against all odds.

I think Bang saved Garou in the end.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 4, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
He regularly ambushes and hospitalizes public protectors.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He fights gallantly. He has also completely accepted the fiction of dividing the world into heroes and monsters who compete for fame like they're rival sports teams or something. That makes him a good foil for Saitama.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Garou loving owns and it was nice that Genos got saved right after he talked too much poo poo.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

RatHat posted:

Yeah Mangastream called it Iron Whirlwind Murderous Fist.

The Zan in this case can (and often does) refer to killing/murdering humans as much as it does plain slicing. It's the kanji used in Akame Ga Kiru for example, and is translated as kill in every instance there.

Not to defend Mangastream, they are often awful, but I'd say it's fine in this instance.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
garou is a coward who attacks watchdogmen and i dont respect him

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'd argue attacking watchdogman makes you the opposite of a coward.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
only a coward hits a dog

garou couldn't defeat a teenage cyborg prettyboy, he has done nothing to deserve respect

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Garou protected a child from a maniac with a gatling gun

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

tbf I don't think Garou managed to hit that dog. It was too powerful and skilled.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

He regularly ambushes and hospitalizes public protectors.

Yeah, he's just as bad as the Fireflies in The Last of Us.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

SyntheticPolygon posted:

tbf I don't think Garou managed to hit that dog. It was too powerful and skilled.

This is true. WDM is a true hero.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Suspicious Lump posted:

I think Bang saved Garou in the end.

I think that was sort of the point. He doesn't want his student to die, and knows that any other hero would kill him if they could.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
do you think bang watched him beat the poo poo out of the coordinated hero squad or that he just came because of the distress call from glasses

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bang's a good dude, he wouldn't just let Garou beat up some guys if he could stop it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Complaining about MangaStream's translation time: Given that he was imitating Watchdog Man at the time, and the way WDM "shook hands" with Garou in their fight, I feel like "Give me paw" was meant to be "Shake" and I am inordinately irritated that they hosed up that good joke and callback with that awful translation.

Also, Garou's messed up but I still felt bad for him. Also some of Genos's faces in this chapter were pretty scary; he's really living up to the name "Demon Cyborg".

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Roland Jones posted:

Complaining about MangaStream's translation time: Given that he was imitating Watchdog Man at the time, and the way WDM "shook hands" with Garou in their fight, I feel like "Give me paw" was meant to be "Shake" and I am inordinately irritated that they hosed up that good joke and callback with that awful translation.

They're the same thing though. At least MangaStream's translation retained the "hand" bit as well as one could.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The Zan in this case can (and often does) refer to killing/murdering humans as much as it does plain slicing. It's the kanji used in Akame Ga Kiru for example, and is translated as kill in every instance there.

Not to defend Mangastream, they are often awful, but I'd say it's fine in this instance.

It's shippuu tetsuzan not tetsu shippuu zan

Character order matters when reading this kind of thing

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I know these are basically Murata's first draft, but this was kind of funny with the quality loss from zooming in.

Mordecai fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 4, 2017

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mordecai posted:

I know these are basically Murata's first draft, but this was kind of funny with the quality loss from zooming in.

new avatar time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

how is this so good every time