Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Powaqoatse posted:

it is

if that worries you, consider the faroe islands with a 7th the population and no app

Faroes have always hosed relatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Mods, change my name to Purebred Faroean.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

gbut posted:

Mods, change my name to Purebred Faroean.

Daddy's sudsies :swoon:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

marshmallow creep posted:

I am at least relieved it isn't made of scrotum.

Back in the 1800s, there was a bushranger called Mad Dog Morgan who was killed during a robbery. The governor of the colony ordered his scrotum cut off and made into a Tobacco pouch.

It also lead to one of the greatest moments in Australian cinema:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KftTPaKjL_4

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Nov 4, 2017

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

So, like, if you wash the jeans, does the mud wash off?

Also does srulirecht have a catch, circumcise, and release program for whales?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

PittTheElder posted:

Don't need an app, you just know everybody anyway.

yeah its p much small enough that you can tell if youre related just by looking, even if you dont know each other

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

E: Almost forgot where I was sorry

Literally Esoteric has a new favorite as of 07:01 on Nov 4, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Iceland is the place that where the government issued an official phone app that lets you check if somebody you met is too closely related to you to have sex with, right?

The app was just an extension of an already existent database created by biotech company deCODE genetics in 2003 with the aim of tracing the linage of every single Icelandic person back to the settlement of the country in the 9th century. It isn't quite there yet but it does contain the lineages of 95% of people born after 1700. Before that records get a bit spotty. The furthest back I can trace my own ancestry is only to 1630.

The app itself was made by some university students as a part of a app-making contest.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is some advanced ninja escape technique.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

PaulBearer posted:

So I scrolled down on that page...

I wanna see the dick.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Watch dogs 2 dlc lookin good.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Oh yeah, this is the store that sells a glove made of certain breed shark skin, complete with tiny barbs pointing inward. The point being, it's like a thousand fishhooks keeping it in place, requiring you to either cut it off or to deglove your hand to remove it.

Costs over 700 dollerydoos. Fuckin' Nords are weird.

What the gently caress is this, this is like a cursed item from an RPG, why would anyone buy it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Phlegmish posted:

What the gently caress is this, this is like a cursed item from an RPG, why would anyone buy it

conspicuous retardation

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Iceland is the place that where the government issued an official phone app that lets you check if somebody you met is too closely related to you to have sex with, right?

Yes I am Icelandic and Yes the app is real and until I was about 8 years old I thought that EVERYONE'S grandmothers were sisters.

My mother was adopted but my family tree is still circular af

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phlegmish posted:

It'd be better if it was like a chinese finger trap for your dong and you had to cut it off.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/badladsplace/status/926430034964992001

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What? Did they just decorate their yard with like brunch and mimosas and stuff?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solice Kirsk posted:

What? Did they just decorate their yard with like brunch and mimosas and stuff?

i dunno but drat i really want to see that yard.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

this guy is high af

smooth move, Barnaby

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sneakyfrog posted:

i dunno but drat i really want to see that yard.

She had a set of rainbow jar solar lights hanging in her yard that spell out “Love” and “Ohana":

The homeowner also started a gofundme.com account to raise more money for even gayer decorations after receiving that letter and raised $43,000 but then the cops got involved and asked for the original letter so they could investigate the matter and the homeowner then shut down the gofundme and returned all the donations so who knows if the letter was real or not.
https://www.snopes.com/2015/06/18/relentlessly-gay/

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

She had a set of rainbow jar solar lights hanging in her yard that spell out “Love” and “Ohana":

The homeowner also started a gofundme.com account to raise more money for even gayer decorations after receiving that letter and raised $43,000 but then the cops got involved and asked for the original letter so they could investigate the matter and the homeowner then shut down the gofundme and returned all the donations so who knows if the letter was real or not.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

socilest butthomo posted:

Also, both the flesh ring and the necropants are Icelandic.

Fleshring and the Necropants should be an Icelandic death metal tribute band

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I figured it wasn't real. Bigotry usually isn't so polite. Should have kept the donations though. Is there any law against that? I thought gofundme couldn't do anything if you cash out and close the site.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Fleshring and the Necropants should be an Icelandic death metal tribute band

Nah- we're still in lullaby territory there:

Icelandic Lullaby posted:

Sefur þú svínið þitt,
svartur í augum.
Far þú í fúlan pytt
fullan af draugum

Sleep, you black-eyed pig.
Fall into a deep pit of ghosts.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What a cool language.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Já, ég get tekið undir það að ástkæra ylhýra er ansi skemmtilegt og margslungið tungumál.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Lies! Red hot is 1200F but it's not liquid until 2500F! And using his XRAY vision and not his heat ray vision? I don't think so mister. :colbert:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What a cool language.

It's a shame I've spoken it so little in the last 25 years- pretty much everything I've retained is profanity and enough of an accent to not be treated like an American when I travel overseas.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ak Gara posted:

Lies! Red hot is 1200F but it's not liquid until 2500F! And using his XRAY vision and not his heat ray vision? I don't think so mister. :colbert:

Superman's heat vision is just his x-ray vision focused on a single small point.
:goonsay:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

MausoleumExtremist posted:

Nah- we're still in lullaby territory there:

:stare:

We need to switch :iceland: to one of these :black101: with a bunch of smaller ones of these :black101: being put to sleep in a fúlan pytt for Iceland Jesus Christ

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You
Oct 6, 2009

What made Donald angry? I have this scene pretty much clear in my memory but I can't for the life of me remember anything else from it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Maybe he's just senile.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

drat, Donald. It’s just a round of Tekken.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Anyone else see that 60 minutes Donald special about how he was a washed up actor because he was always losing his temper?

Edit: Found it

https://youtu.be/kx85oWi1yJQ

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Nov 4, 2017

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Dewgy posted:

drat, Donald. It’s just a round of Tekken.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

I'm super disappointed because I expected something gay. That's relentlessly Midwestern mom. Midwestern moms are naturally drawn to themed collections of surprisingly expensive crafts that express common pleasant feelings. My wife's mom covered the walls of her house in tiny decorative outhouses and farming implements that say "love" "togetherness" "happy" and whatnot. My mother enjoys cows, but is otherwise anhedonic, so she covers her house in cow art that lacks treacly phrases.

I mean, I'm sure a very motherly, uncreative gay person could have been behind those jars, but if I was rolling by I wouldn't think that the homo agenda was spreading; I'd think that someone's mom ran out of room in the house and so she was forced to go to work on the yard. I'd imagine a middle aged man watching her ruin his lawn from inside the house, a single tear tracing the contour of his cheek.

"Those goddamn jars," he'd mutter. "Those goddamn loving jars."