Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Well, there's also his cousin.

And for a while in the Silver Age, a friggin' mermaid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Batman, with preperation time, could totally handle Superfucking.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

Wonder Woman might be able to handle it, though. But since she's made out of clay on an island where there are no men, the likelihood of her being anatomically correct is remote.
i think you are misguided in this assertion.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sunswipe posted:

Batman, with preperation time, could totally handle Superfucking.

Batman would never be a bottom.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think Batman’s commitment to true justice would allow him to bottom. Tony Stark would never bottom

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Aleph Null posted:

Batman would never be a bottom.

Batman's committment to saving lives would compel him to bottom if Clark had to gently caress or die. I go into great detail on this in my 57 part fanfiction epic "Batman to Buttman."

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sunswipe posted:

Batman's committment to saving lives would compel him to bottom if Clark had to gently caress or die. I go into great detail on this in my 57 part fanfiction epic "Batman to Buttman."

Quick, Get Chuck Tingle on the phone!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

SLAMMED IN THE BUTT BY MY UNWAVERING DEDICATION TO JUSTICE

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Slammed in the Butt by the bizarre coincidence of my mother's name.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

DandyLion posted:

Slammed in the Butt by the bizarre coincidence of my mother's name.

Superman-Batman-Pamela Focker crossover.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lol: if you don't think Bats isn't a power bottom.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

scary ghost dog posted:

i think you are misguided in this assertion.

My knowledge of Wonder Woman pretty much stopped at Lynda Carter.

Was there hanky panky on the island?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Krispy Wafer posted:

Just a lot of bondage.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
DC Comics, Inc. editorial mandate dictates that Batman must never bottom

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

nevermind

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Since Thor: Ragnarok came out this weekend, I’ll hide it under the spoiler tag:
In the movie, Skurge mentions that he picked up the two M16 assault rifles from Texas & that he named them “Des” and “Troy,” so together they’re called “Des-Troy.” This can also be a nod to two Dallas Cowboys players, Dez Bryant (wide receiver for the Cowboys 2010-present) and Troy Aikman (quarterback 1989-2000, won 3 Super Bowls).

Android Apocalypse has a new favorite as of 02:05 on Nov 4, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

AnonSpore posted:

DC Comics, Inc. editorial mandate dictates that Batman must never bottom

Are you kidding?

Why do you think Batman doesn't sit down?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Batman always wears a plug, so he can be prepared to take anything.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

a batplug with pointy ears though :gonk:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Instead of a heart-shaped jewel, it's a Bat symbol.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sunswipe posted:

Star Trek did it first.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Since Thor: Ragnarok came out this weekend, I’ll hide it under the spoiler tag:
In the movie, Skurge mentions that he picked up the two M16 assault rifles from Texas & that he named them “Des” and “Troy,” so together they’re called “Des-Troy.” This can also be a nod to two Dallas Cowboys players, Dez Bryant (wide receiver for the Cowboys 2010-present) and Troy Aikman (quarterback 1989-2000, won 3 Super Bowls).

That movie did have quite a lot of Chekhov's guns.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It also had a Hulk's cock.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

And a Matt Damon appearance out of nowhere.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Mierenneuker posted:

And a Matt Damon appearance out of nowhere.

Also Liam Hemsworth and Sam Neill

It was practically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhrc32kF6E

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
When I saw Kevin Spacey I thought I could never enjoy that film again but the next actor who appeared made it all okay...

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

Wonder Woman might be able to handle it, though. But since she's made out of clay on an island where there are no men, the likelihood of her being anatomically correct is remote.

Originally WW was supposed to have been created by Aphrodite. Not Athena or Artemis or even like, Nike or Hera. Nope, the marquee female superhero was given life by the patron goddess of beauty and cheating on your husband, despite the many more interesting and appropriate mythological figures.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Slander.

That's not surprising if you read about William Moulton Marston.

(Plus she didn't become a marquee character until much later.)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Never really caught it before but I think it's funny that Kevin Costner played conspiracy theorist Jim Garrison in 1991's JFK, three years after he gave a famous monologue in Bull Durham where he said "I believe Oswald acted alone".

Unrelated films , I realize.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

BiggerBoat posted:

Never really caught it before but I think it's funny that Kevin Costner played conspiracy theorist Jim Garrison in 1991's JFK, three years after he gave a famous monologue in Bull Durham where he said "I believe Oswald acted alone".

Unrelated films , I realize.

Do you think he was trying to tell us something?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Gejimayu posted:

Do you think he was trying to tell us something?

He believes in a constitutional amendment outlawing AstroTurf on the grassy knoll.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I think Batman’s commitment to true justice would allow him to bottom. Tony Stark would never bottom

I think you're wrong, I think it'd be his release! the only time he'd ever give up control.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

(spoiling because it's recent but these are fairly minor spoilers for the first half of It)

There's a montage about halfway into the movie that uses The Cure's song "Six Different Ways." There are seven total members of The Loser's club and unless I'm mistaken, at this point in the movie It has revealed itself to six of the seven kids in a different form for each targeting their specific fears. Richie hasn't shared his fear of clowns with the group at this point, and hasn't been targeted directly on screen the way the other kids have. So at the point when the song plays, It has revealed itself and attempted to scare and consume six of the kids in six different ways.

Could be a complete coincidence, a happy accident, or deliberate. Either way, I thought it was interesting.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I enjoyed that Ritchie tells the group about his fear of clowns, but when he goes into the Clown Room, it's pretty apparent that the clowns are creepy, but IT knows what Richie is really afraid: death, and himself being forgotten or ignored if he were to go missing. He HATES being alone, which is also why he's pissed about being lookout. It's reflected well by his constant joking and seeking of approval.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

thecluckmeme posted:

I enjoyed that Ritchie tells the group about his fear of clowns, but when he goes into the Clown Room, it's pretty apparent that the clowns are creepy, but IT knows what Richie is really afraid: death, and himself being forgotten or ignored if he were to go missing. He HATES being alone, which is also why he's pissed about being lookout. It's reflected well by his constant joking and seeking of approval.

Oh that's good. I didn't make that connection.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I watched Katsuhiro Otomo's film collection Memories. The entire set could be called "subtlety: the film compilation."
Magnetic Rose was downright incredible looking and established it's mystery perfectly. Since its animation the subtle moments are very impressive since everything on screen is intentional, and the film avoids exaggeration when animating, making the slightest facial changes more impressive as a result.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Finally got to see John Wick 2, and in the scene where he's got the shotgun out, he fires 11 times without reloading. That seems like an oversight for a realistic movie, but Wick had a shell on the carrier for a ghost load. That's a decently obscure shooting technique, but of course a movie starring a ridiculously good 3-gun shooter would have it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Finally got to see John Wick 2, and in the scene where he's got the shotgun out, he fires 11 times without reloading. That seems like an oversight for a realistic movie, but Wick had a shell on the carrier for a ghost load. That's a decently obscure shooting technique, but of course a movie starring a ridiculously good 3-gun shooter would have it.

Yeah the people who made the John Wick movies were super pedantic about how many shots he fired before reloading and other details like that.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's why the gently caress up with the silencers stands out so badly in an otherwise amazing gun movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ugly In The Morning posted:

in-universe explanation: john wick has an 11 shot shotgun