Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

seriously I wish they'd just get over this mikaros bullshit already. I know it's not technically him anymore but it basically is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jim Dwyer posted:

It feels like I'm reading a comic about a JRPG end boss with 27 phases
I mean, we've reached the Six-Winged Angel-Demon Form already, so it's pretty much over now.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

This arc has definitely been padded out in places but given that this is the last-second ultimate final boss reveal this is probably the actual finale of things here.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just watch. This’ll just be the equivalent of Midgar and everyone will lose it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just watch. This’ll just be the equivalent of Midgar and everyone will lose it.

uh oh, we've gotta chase mikaros across the entire planet, fighting mikaros' mother, mikaros, several times before he summons a giant mikaros from space

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ah! Azudora has enhanced Helck with the "all dimensions technique," so Helck can punch every possible incarnation of Mikaros at once and finally be done with it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I want this to end and the story to shift to the other two Heavenly Kings who have had zero screentime so far.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I want this to end and the story to shift to the other two Heavenly Kings who have had zero screentime so far.

I really wonder if we're actually going to see them, or if the story is just going to end here with the unseen Heavenly Kings and Emperor being left as mysteries. If the Will of the World is destroyed then there's no conflict left (unless something new pops up or the story moves away from action - which might not be a bad thing).

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I really wonder if we're actually going to see them, or if the story is just going to end here with the unseen Heavenly Kings and Emperor being left as mysteries. If the Will of the World is destroyed then there's no conflict left (unless something new pops up or the story moves away from action - which might not be a bad thing).

There are the forces in the North, but since we're already fighting against the Will of the World itself, they would be unproportionally weak or strong in contrast.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

There are the forces in the North, but since we're already fighting against the Will of the World itself, they would be unproportionally weak or strong in contrast.

Weren't those forces specifically stated to be new world organisms or something? I might be remembering wrong, but if they are, killing the Will of the World would just solve that problem.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I think you're right and maybe that would just end all of the fighting there. they could just stick around after the will of the world is dealt with anyway tho

one way it could be handled is a new story about the northern war with a new main character

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't think they're actually going to destroy the will of the world, just kind of put that motherfucker to sleep a while

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Tollymain posted:

i don't think they're actually going to destroy the will of the world, just kind of put that motherfucker to sleep a while

And Helck will go to sleep to awaken when it does as a noble sacrifice to guard humanity through the aeons

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Well, it's called the Will of the World, not the New World itself. Maybe killing the Will will, I dunno, make the New World go crazy. Like now you got this whole world and it doesn't have anything guiding it anymore and it just grows out of control.

I dunno. It does seem like we're starting to wrap things up, and yet there's a lot of early world-building that hasn't had a chance to do anything yet.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Tollymain posted:

Helck's, just gonna put the planet in a sleeper hold; he's big enough.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I agree.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Even being dead isn't enough to stop Mikaros from being owned over and over. That is one really stretched out face.

RareAcumen posted:

No kidding. I want to see the rest of the Demon Kingdom! Don't leave us hangin'!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Megafunk posted:

No kidding. I want to see the rest of the Demon Kingdom! Don't leave us hangin'!

I want the other two to be bizarre weirdos like Helck. One's Kenshiro the demon and the other one's a cartoon like a Toon World Yugioh monster or something out of Cuphead.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I actually hope it ends without going into too much detail about the rest of demon kingdom outside of omakds. It's really cool that the azudora and vamirio get to have a nice adventure with helck. This story has been really good and that panel with helck saying "I refuse" to the will of the world is super cool.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Dang, big new developments in the latest chapters. Looks like things are headed towards being wrapped up, but I also hope we get into the rest of the demon kingdom.

The most interesting idea off the top of my head is a subversion of typical action mangas where instead of getting stronger and stronger, Helck is greatly weakened and the new threat has to be mostly managed by the demons and a similarly weakened Cless. Basically take Helck from a single competitor to a tag-team guy with his brother, in terms of fighting.

Mostly I just want Helck to keep on going though, it's been too much fun for me to want it to end quite yet. 300 chapters or bust!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link to the new chapter - https://bato.to/reader#e51a7d0d158d6a81

NowonSA posted:

Dang, big new developments in the latest chapters. Looks like things are headed towards being wrapped up, but I also hope we get into the rest of the demon kingdom.

I hope to see the wedding between Hyura and Edil.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

JosephWongKS posted:

Link to the new chapter - https://bato.to/reader#e51a7d0d158d6a81

I hope to see the wedding between Hyura and Edil.

This. I hope for all ships to sail.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope this wraps up by the end of the year. I want to read it all in one go already!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

I hope this wraps up by the end of the year. I want to read it all in one go already!

The wedding between Hyura and Edil, you mean? That's got to be a ten-chapter arc at least. No way it could wrap up by the end of the year.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Soundtrack for this chapter, take your pick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bUeV7SyKN8

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Z5RFBAX2M

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

EVEN RAPHAED BELIEVES IN HELCK

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Will of the World being a thing you can actually "defeat" is dumb.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

RatHat posted:

Maybe the translation is a bit off?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

why is rafaed cracking?

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
It's the same thing that happened to Mikaros when he was injured, I guess.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

I don't get it. It's literally the same hero being able to change destiny plot as before, except they gave destiny a face and motive and made a hero literally powerful enough to look it in the eyes and say "I refuse."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, before the will of the world was some immortal, invincible, intangible existence that would never loving quit trying to make more iterations of mikaros. now it's a big dumb face that helck can hit really hard.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Coffee Mugshot posted:

I don't get it. It's literally the same hero being able to change destiny plot as before, except they gave destiny a face and motive and made a hero literally powerful enough to look it in the eyes and say "I refuse."

Also, he's gonna punch the earth so hard that it stops being evil.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Mr. Fowl posted:

Also, he's gonna punch the earth so hard that it stops being evil.

Helck is secretly a remake of Asura's Wrath, isn't it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, before the will of the world was some immortal, invincible, intangible existence that would never loving quit trying to make more iterations of mikaros. now it's a big dumb face that helck can hit really hard.

If it works for SMT...

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-105--The-Path-Helck-Will-Walk?id=392483

Seems like Helck got something akin to a "Brand of Sacrifice".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lmao Rafaed is just Thaos from Pillars of Eternity

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shugojin posted:

Lmao Rafaed is just Thaos from Pillars of Eternity

Or any of a thousand other tormented restless souls in media, really.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anne from Management ends on Chapter 106-2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Anne from Management ends on Chapter 106-2.

Well I hope it at least has a conclusion and builds up to that instead of just stopping out of the blue like the T-rex manga.

• Locked thread