Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
texas bbq sauce is hot sauce. sweet sauce is haram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

C.H.O.M.E posted:

i order half a hottie and a quarter extra moist mucho negro at rudys, which translates to half a link of jalapeņo sausage and a quarter pound extra fatty brisket with extra black charred crunchy bits from the end of the cut. you can order it in normal english but they will translate that to half a hottie and a quarter extra moist mucho negro when relaying your order to the meat cutter man.

wtc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
<--- lol

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

C.H.O.M.E posted:

texas bbq sauce is hot sauce. sweet sauce is haram.

what's some good texas bbq sauce

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

oh wow lmao

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

C.H.O.M.E posted:

lmao they ate the rudys sissy sauce, the non-spicy version.

you have to especially ask for the sissy sauce at the counter and they yell really loud to the back for someone to bring out the sissy sauce, just to humiliate you for ordering it.

rudys is 75% percentile bbq for texas but its not the best, but it is solidly reliable. i order half a hottie and a quarter extra moist mucho negro at rudys, which translates to half a link of jalapeņo sausage and a quarter pound extra fatty brisket with extra black charred crunchy bits from the end of the cut. you can order it in normal english but they will translate that to half a hottie and a quarter extra moist mucho negro when relaying your order to the meat cutter man.

well thats my bbq story hope you liked it

burnt ends give you rear end cancer ya know

your older self is gonna hate your current self

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

syscall girl posted:

rear end cancer is worth it.

also i dont eat bbq every day, maybe once ever couple months? my wife is a vegetarian so we dont do bbq much as there is usually nothing for her to ear at bbq places except maybe like creamed corn and a pickle or something.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

doctorthefonz posted:

what's some good texas bbq sauce

the rudys sauce is actualy pretty good, thats their main claim to fame, and you can order it online.

most of the smaller places with good hot sauce dont sell the sauce in bottles, rudys has grown to have a lot of locations and they make a good spicy sauce, although it is a littpe more tomatoey than some of the smaller places that have a more tabasco like vinegar sauce, but i dont know of any of those you can buy on the web.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
new bbq joint opened up near my place last month. seattle is pretty dire for good bbq and every time i pass it on the way home i see lines so I'm hopeful it's good.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

OldAlias posted:

it is absurd how much derivative work there is. i remember thinking the bullet hell games were fun a decade+ ago but this poo poo is garbage, stop posting it
I skipped over it until this post and gave it a shot and lol holy poo poo yea this poo poo sucks. Why smoka, why keep dieing on this hill??

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

syscall girl posted:

older self can go gently caress himself. i'd rather have burnt ends now than mashed peas or whatever when i'm 70

what happened mate

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I love web design

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

there's a video somewhere of some family in east europe celebrating a wedding firing off handguns and poo poo. it's cut to a zomby song and dope af but i can't find it.

edit: found it yesss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbIkQLK771U

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TAD, no...

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

cheese-cube posted:

there's a video somewhere of some family in east europe celebrating a wedding firing off handguns and poo poo. it's cut to a zomby song and dope af but i can't find it.

edit: found it yesss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbIkQLK771U

lol this reminds me of that video of the cybergoths raving around a coffin at a funeral

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGCNR6mqQkI

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol this reminds me of that video of the cybergoths raving around a coffin at a funeral

edit:

it's me. im dead

d64
Jan 15, 2003
has some brain scientist figured out what causes some people to go into a state where they retain the use of their (sometimes considerable) mental capacity but are completely incapable of self-doubt? i'm talking about conspiracy nuts here, just seems they operate in some radically different way in their reasoning and non-reasoning

i've been looking into m/s estonia truthers' claims and materials in the last few days and they really like the "throw everything at it" sort of approach

on one page of an enormous essay they can argue that the ship was not seaworthy - implying that letting it sail was a crime, but also that the sinking was not due to faults of the ship but rather a bomb or a submarine

i'm like, how can you not see you would come across much more reasonable if you claimed just ONE of these two things at any one time, and not both

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

edit:

i'm laughing but feel really bad because everyone there is crying. this worse than that baby juggalo funeral

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

cheese-cube posted:

this worse than that baby juggalo funeral

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

d64 posted:

has some brain scientist figured out what causes some people to go into a state where they retain the use of their (sometimes considerable) mental capacity but are completely incapable of self-doubt? i'm talking about conspiracy nuts here, just seems they operate in some radically different way in their reasoning and non-reasoning

i've been looking into m/s estonia truthers' claims and materials in the last few days and they really like the "throw everything at it" sort of approach

on one page of an enormous essay they can argue that the ship was not seaworthy - implying that letting it sail was a crime, but also that the sinking was not due to faults of the ship but rather a bomb or a submarine

i'm like, how can you not see you would come across much more reasonable if you claimed just ONE of these two things at any one time, and not both

iirc the only consistent predictor for belief in conspiracies is prior belief in conspiracy theories. that is to say that once you pop you cannot stop

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

new bbq joint opened up near my place last month. seattle is pretty dire for good bbq and every time i pass it on the way home i see lines so I'm hopeful it's good.

wonder if that's the place some folks from around my area moved out there and opened up. . . there was a story about some people i used to bump into who had been part of one of the west coast migrations saying they were moving to seattle to open a carolina style bbq joint.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

DrPossum posted:

it's me. im dead

:chome::rip::chome:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Improbable Lobster posted:

iirc the only consistent predictor for belief in conspiracies is prior belief in conspiracy theories. that is to say that once you pop you cannot stop

I'd argue conspiracy theorists largely exist because people like thinking they have answers for things and are part of an elite circle of knowledge

That said I'm pretty sure the Cia had a hand in creating the crack epidemic :tinfoil:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

let's check out the templeos reddit to see what's going on

hard pass

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

d64 posted:

conspiracy nuts

Having a shared enemy creates feelings of unity and fellowship. They operate on emotion, not reason :spergin:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
actually shadow world government conspiracies and failed mind control experiments are the number one cause of conspiracy theories

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ain't no planet x coming cause ain't no space cuz ain't not globe earth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ain't no planet x coming cause ain't no space cuz ain't not globe earth

its all flat discs but that doesnt mean x plane hasnt always existed :tinfoil:

https://www.x-plane.com

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

SmokaDustbowl posted:

when you hit your 5th birthday you level up into empathy

Sagebrush posted:

almost literally yes
funny pics thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fVDGu82FeQ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cheese-cube posted:

i'm laughing but feel really bad because everyone there is crying. this worse than that baby juggalo funeral

I can't tell if they're crying because they're so emotionally moved by this beautiful tribute to the deceased, or just because, like, the reasons you would normally cry if a bunch of cyber goths started dancing at a funeral

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Splendid.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Indeed. Blood is no laughing matter.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

C.H.O.M.E posted:

did you seriously just make fun of a north korean who never even ate beef before much less BBQ for being given "sissy sauce"

Linguica fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 4, 2017

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

*sees swollen bellied ethiopian child gnawing on a chicken's wing* lol. lmfao. i bet there's not even any Don's Magma Diarrhea Ghost Pepper Sauce on that wing. pussy rear end bitch.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

piiiiissss

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

cheese-cube posted:

my memory is hazy, but didn't the juggalos burying the kid stick all that poo poo on the coffin because some radio station promised them a bunch of free poo poo if they did? if so i'd say using your dead child to get a free t-shirt and a few faygo coupons was worse than some silly goth dancing

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

C.H.O.M.E posted:

they had both normal and sissy and all of them liked the normal recipe better :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/926833380758511616

:allears:

• Locked thread