Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/nB6FC2d.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Would, and I've got Sneaky Frog's back in case a fight breaks out.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If I remember right the space station uses tortillas instead of other breads because it generally produces fewer crumbs.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

I was okay up until the fork cutting at the end

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I was okay up until the fork cutting at the end

Yeah should use a knife.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Pastry of the Year posted:

y'all know my MO: just because I post it doesn't mean I wouldn't. All this needs is some sliced pineapple.

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, still not seeing the downside. Would indeed, especially with some more garlic.

Pookah posted:

I think this would work better if they hasselback'd the SPAM so that the cheese doesn't fall straight out the bottom.

Challenge...accepted?

Okay, so I forgot the part where you're supposed to hold it together with toothpicks. But I didn't cut it all the way through at the bottom, put a lot more slices through it, and used some thin sliced mozzarella. I made pizza sauce from a can of tomato sauce and spices, including garlic, poured some of that over the top, and put some pineapple slices on it. Placed it in my pre-warmed cast iron pan, put it in the oven as directed. When it was done, I poured some more pizza sauce over it, then sprinkled some parmesan cheese over it (real parmesan, not the dry powder crap) and put it back under the broiler for 2 minutes. Put a spoonful of the pizza sauce on the plate, then put the loaf on top.

My 4 year old devoured it, my 7 year old who loves "Hawaiian" pizza ate it all up, too. My wife said the sauce was excellent, and she's thinking next time we should put the Spam on its side so it doesn't fall apart so bad, and maybe throw some sauteed mushrooms on top. I prefer my Spam well done, so I thought it was a bit under cooked in the middle of the loaf, but what do you expect for a loaf of pre-cooked meat from a can?

3 1/2 out of 5 stars, I guess? Not terrible, will probably make it again.

Might need to see how it can be adapted to a dutch oven over a campfire.

Edit: VV It'll look worse tomorrow morning. Want pics?

Wa11y has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Nov 4, 2017

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Wa11y posted:

Challenge...accepted?

Okay, so I forgot the part where you're supposed to hold it together with toothpicks. But I didn't cut it all the way through at the bottom, put a lot more slices through it, and used some thin sliced mozzarella. I made pizza sauce from a can of tomato sauce and spices, including garlic, poured some of that over the top, and put some pineapple slices on it. Placed it in my pre-warmed cast iron pan, put it in the oven as directed. When it was done, I poured some more pizza sauce over it, then sprinkled some parmesan cheese over it (real parmesan, not the dry powder crap) and put it back under the broiler for 2 minutes. Put a spoonful of the pizza sauce on the plate, then put the loaf on top.

My 4 year old devoured it, my 7 year old who loves "Hawaiian" pizza ate it all up, too. My wife said the sauce was excellent, and she's thinking next time we should put the Spam on its side so it doesn't fall apart so bad, and maybe throw some sauteed mushrooms on top. I prefer my Spam well done, so I thought it was a bit under cooked in the middle of the loaf, but what do you expect for a loaf of pre-cooked meat from a can?

looks bad todd

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Wa11y posted:

Challenge...accepted?

This is the stuff this thread is made of.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
It looks like a plateful of giallo gore.

Wa11y posted:

I prefer my Spam well done, so I thought it was a bit under cooked in the middle of the loaf, but what do you expect for a loaf of pre-cooked meat from a can?

Wouldn't, but for this reason alone.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 07:24 on Nov 4, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Wa11y posted:

Challenge...accepted?

You are a good goon. Please don't show your poops. Thank you for your service.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

A list of foods appropriate for stoned people, from the book I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence:

Amy Sedaris posted:

1. Baked Tater Tots, topped with Cheddar cheese and bacon

2. Mozzarella sticks dipped in Cool Whip

3. Take the chewed-up cracker that is in your mouth and top it on another cracker and eat it

4. Peanut butter sandwich with grapes, bananas, and honey on toasted bread

5. Cold peanuts with milk

6. Toasted frozen waffl es with ice cream between them

7. A glass of milk with four Milk Duds at the bottom

8. Popcorn popped in bacon grease

9. Banana with peanut butter on it

10. Coconut and peanut butter mixed together

11. Block of Cheddar cheese with mayonnaise on it

12. Grilled cheese and corn sandwich

13. Powdered sugar on any kind of cheese

14. Banana dipped in Jell-O powder

15. Potato chips dipped in ketchup or mustard or salad dressing

16. Stovetop s’mores

17. Crushed pretzels with cream cheese on toast

18. Uncooked hot dog dipped in Swiss Miss

19. Turkey sandwich with Doritos crunched inside

20. Pretzels dipped in peanut butter

21. Grape jelly with chocolate sauce

22. Cake mix milk shake made with water

23. Crisco mixed with sugar

24. Kool-Aid mix and pickle spears

25. Fudgsicle

I think some of these sound pretty good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake mix milkshake made with water :gonk:

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Yeah. At the least, I'd be willing to try 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10.

Some of the ones further down, though... Isn't Crisco and sugar how they do ice cream for commercials?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Bacon grease popcorn and banana with peanut butter are things I eat.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yeah I've actually eaten/drunk at least 1/3 of the things on that list

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

A list of foods appropriate for stoned people, from the book I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence:

Swiss miss whatever the gently caress that is, Crisco and cool whip can get hosed but the rest is good with me

Maybe not the WHOLE block of cheese with mayo but I'm not going to lie to you guys and say I haven't done that stone cold sober

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Stovetop s'mores are fine too, though it's harder to get the marshmallow melty all the way through without burning it than it is on a campfire.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Horse Clocks posted:

Please tell me this is in London. Or close to London.

Depending on your definition, yes. Cambridge, so only an hour by train.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Samizdata posted:

Would, and I've got Sneaky Frog's back in case a fight breaks out.

:frog::respek::unsmith:

go team space taco

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

A fast food restaurant just opened up in my town in Spain. I think they want to make it into a franchise, but somehow I don't think they'll take off in America. It's so bueno!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Spermando posted:

A fast food restaurant just opened up in my town in Spain. I think they want to make it into a franchise, but somehow I don't think they'll take off in America. It's so bueno!

i would so go.

bring all my dudefriends as well.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Spermando posted:

Are you in Barcelona? If so, wanna goon this place up?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The worst food thing I ever did while high was mix sugar-free raspberry Jello powder with Greek yogurt. It was pretty hard to finish.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It was pretty hard to finish.

Admirable determination or amusing masochism?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Admirable determination or amusing masochism?

Too high to stop, basically.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9rewnLFYw

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I lived that nightmare dream last weekend.

This was day #2 of me having this in my house after my birthday:

I only had one piece the night before. The only reason that last piece is still there is because high me thought "okay, I promised myself I'd save three pieces for tomorrow. That's not going so well. Let's at least save this last piece."

My wife had none of it.

edit: the only reason I even cut it in the first place was because I thought I'd be able to control myself better by taking one piece at a time rather than allowing myself to sit with a whole pie in my lap. Lol @ sober me attempting to plan around high rationalizations

nickhimself has a new favorite as of 16:52 on Nov 4, 2017

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

At least 3/4 of these are legit tasty junk food, if you like eating garbage at 4.am, which I do, emphatically.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The worst food thing I ever did while high was mix sugar-free raspberry Jello powder with Greek yogurt. It was pretty hard to finish.

Well your mistake here was obvious, sugar free Jello tastes like the fluoride wash you get when you're a kid at the dentist.

For content the worst high food I've ever made was a deep fried kitkat sandwiched between two mc'd dollar menu cheeseburgers, also battered and deep fried. Molten chocolate does not work well with piping hot ketchup, mustard, or pickles, even if you disregard the severe oral burns, while at the same time the "taste" of the "beef" patties and the texture of the wafers just got lost in the whole morass, so it was mostly a sad, greasy, mess.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wa11y posted:

Challenge...accepted?

Lovely. Way to Goon up! Also, along with not touching the poop, no photographing the poop.

Cheers!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

I'm not sure which part of these makes me laugh harder, the clumsy zoom/pans during the presentation or the hastily drawn ugly food at the very end.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Are you in Barcelona? If so, wanna goon this place up?

Nope. Coruña. You will get to taste some Dong in BCN if it gets big enough.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spermando posted:

You will get to taste some Dong in BCN if it gets big enough.

:wow:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Spermando posted:

Nope. Coruña. You will get to taste some Dong in BCN if it gets big enough.

:eyepop: :allears:

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Spermando posted:

I think you underestimate the power of silly/double-entendre names in America. Otherwise places like Pho Kim Long wouldn't really exist.

fake edit: For extra fun, the tab states the name as Pho King Long.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Kimchi Ramen Grilled Cheese Sandwich

makes 1 sandwich

Ingredients
½ package of ramen, any “flavor” (we used a Korean brand, “extra spicy” vegetable flavor)
½ of the ramen seasoning packet (you wont need other things like a small oil packet or dehydrated vegetables)
handful of kimchi, chopped and squeezed of excess kimchi “juice”
1 tablespoons oil for cooking (I used grapeseed)
2 tablespoon butter, softened
2 thick slices very sturdy bread
handful of mozzarella or jack cheese
handful American or Cheddar cheese

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/fashionpressnet/status/926735799806078977

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Six bucks for probably a tiny ice cream cone? gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008