Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Oh, I know. I was just blown away that somebody had had that website open in an editor in 2017 and said to themselves "Perfect".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

The fact that that guy is the top dog in Steyr AUG aftermarket retail should tell you all you need to know when it comes to the AUG's market share in general. :downsgun:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

The Rat posted:

The fact that that guy is the top dog in Steyr AUG aftermarket retail should tell you all you need to know when it comes to the AUG's market share in general. :downsgun:

How does it feel to be the entire market for something?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Rat posted:

I did today's 3-gun match in a gas mask for all stages.
...is there something you know that the rest of us probably should?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Internet Wizard posted:

How does it feel to be the entire market for something?

Oh no I'm only a small fraction. Some of the dudes on the bullpup forum have multiple AUGs of various configurations. I can't fathom wanting more than one.

Dead Reckoning posted:

...is there something you know that the rest of us probably should?

Nah it was the October/Halloween match, so I wanted to do it for fun. Last year I wore the gas mask and had fun with it. The year before that, I got some silver food spray and did the WITNESS ME bit upon timer start.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

How easy/hard is it to get a proper cheekweld wearing a mask, anyway?

Also god drat I need to dye my shotgun already, I went out and got electrical tape and everything and it's all just sitting around :downs:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you got a big ole jumbo dome like me it is impossible to get a good cheek weld and just as difficult to get eyes on your sights without leaning your gat 45 degrees.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Not that easy. It was harder with the shotgun since the ghost rings are lower. The red dot on the AR helps some since it's very forgiving of sloppy cheek welds. (This is why I went red dot today rather than anything magnified.)

Also I had to back off having my arms as extended as usual with pistol, because my left bicep kept touching the filter opening and preventing me from breathing.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
How do you not already have an M50?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

This one is left over from some barracks deals.

Also I just googled the M50 and jesus the cheek weld looks like it would be so much worse with it :stare:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
You don't have to rock both filters, FWIW.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

The Rat posted:

I meant more the overall site design and stuff.

I did today's 3-gun match in a gas mask for all stages. 13th/44 overall, 2nd/13 in limited class. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQZ3NZr-w60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvjHblaHblY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UMp3Ctx8fQ

I love you so much

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

You don't have to rock both filters, FWIW.
yeah you take the filter off of the side you need for cheek weld.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

How easy/hard is it to get a proper cheekweld wearing a mask, anyway?

Also god drat I need to dye my shotgun already, I went out and got electrical tape and everything and it's all just sitting around :downs:

Difficult, but with a CCO the Army gas mask qual is super easy as you don't need a good cheekweld to hit a 50m target repeatedly with a red dot.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gas mask qual boils down to hitting the target the first time, then staying absolutely still and squeezing the trigger every ten seconds or so.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

It reminds me of the last time I shot an M4 with NVG and a PEQ-15; my laser for some reason was incredibly dim so I could really barely only see it on the 50m target. This being a familiarization fire towards the end of the night we all had probably 10 magazines to expend so I wound up just shooting the 50m over and over, including using burst mode (until the tower got angry, heh).

If I remember I had like 65 hits on the 50m and 0 on everything else when I got my score card. I'm fairly sure the counter must roll over to 0 at 100 or something.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Only rear end in a top hat sergeants insist you can shoot a rifle prone with NVGs on. The geometry doesn't add up, I'd have to loving break my own neck to aim. Standing and kneeling it works out just fine with the Aimpoint when I roll with one monocle on the non-sighting eye.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah prone sucks. No matter how I set up my ACH I could never stop it from sliding down over my forehead with that much weight plus the top of my body armor pushing the helmet forward.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Force de Fappe posted:

Only rear end in a top hat sergeants insist you can shoot a rifle prone with NVGs on. The geometry doesn't add up, I'd have to loving break my own neck to aim. Standing and kneeling it works out just fine with the Aimpoint when I roll with one monocle on the non-sighting eye.

You don't even need to have your cheek on the weapon to nail targets with a PEQ-15/NVG. That sounds impossibly stupid.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Yeah prone sucks. No matter how I set up my ACH I could never stop it from sliding down over my forehead with that much weight plus the top of my body armor pushing the helmet forward.

http://www.ops-core.com/head-loc-4-point-x-nape-chinstrap/

I got one of these from RFI, poo poo loving owns in terms of comfort and stability especially with a PVS-14. Night and day compared to the regular issue ACH harness.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 20, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Jokes on you I don't need a $111 strap anymore :smug: fygm

Coupon
Jun 12, 2002

I am moving to the EU for work (not Army, gently caress you if you're still in) and have to leave these behind:

I still have several hundred rounds of 7.62 and 5.56 to burn through until my work visa clears and then these two end up in foster care for 2+ years. Does anyone have experience getting memberships to gun clubs anywhere in Europe? Shooting is one of the things I'm not looking forward to giving up.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Your mileage is gonna vary massively on which country you're going to be in. If it's Germany, there'll be hoops to jump through, but you've got a ton of options between .22, 9mm, .45, .357, or poo poo in the long rifle range like .223 Remington and .308 winchester, just off a brief glance.

It'll be a different ballgame in terms of poo poo you can own and take home from a range, but if it's shooting you want to do, knock yourself out

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

You can always build slingshots.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVZlxkKqlvVqzRJXhAGq42Q

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

holy fuckin poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thats a lot of coke

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

How the gently caress did he score that much cocaine in bum gently caress nowhere Colorado in the 1970s?

Edit: oh, right. Aspen.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My favorite part is the "ready to write" after a full day of coke, weed, and booze

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My favorite part is the "ready to write" after a full day of coke, weed, and booze

Hell that was only nine hours into his day

Heigen
Mar 10, 2017
I was thinking about the coke and it really isn't that much because cocaine doesn't last very long, especially if you are an addict.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chivas :barf:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I think the carrot cake is the most :barf: thing there

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Capn Beeb posted:

Who the hell doesn't like carrot cake?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

my kinda ape posted:

I like carrots, I like cake, I just don't like them together :shobon:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

my kinda ape posted:

Ew.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Capn Beeb posted:

:chloe:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my kinda ape posted:

Carrot Top, according to his rider contracts on smokinggun

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

IDPA classifier match today, and my first time shooting the new one with a pistol rather than my silly rear end MP5K. Somehow was only down 4 for stage 3, and pulled an overall time of 85.04. I was pretty shocked at that, since it's almost 10 seconds into the expert range for ESP.

By comparison, on the old classifier, I hit expert in ESP by the skin of my teeth, only .75 seconds in. So I don't know if today was a fluke (I normally don't shoot that well on stage 3 of the classifier) or if the new one is easier or what.

:toot:

Also the mag release scalloping on Bloodglock MkII made a significant difference, all my reloads felt smooth and fluid as gently caress.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AqPvyb5Duo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:getin: