Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

"The internet literally broke the day he announced he was making star citizen".

Um, no, CR's website broke, the rest of the internet continued to work as normal.

Also only a total dullard would think of CR as a 'genius' of game development, that's like saying Trump has a desirable hair do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

no_recall posted:

I sit beside marketing interns that browse forums and Twitter and Google during the work day to put out fires and keep the sheep calm.

They would absolutely flip the gently caress out and call a code red if that happened to the company search results :laffo:

Ironically, Derek is one of SC’s biggest content creators

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

cool new Polack jokes posted:

- toxic corporate culture
- total lack of professionalism
- nepotism
- neverending crunch

+ free lube

- no pubes

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Also lol at the rumour/objective reality that young or attractive women are prevented from having any presence at CIG due to the owner’s wife’s jealousy

She’s not an old lady yet but she’s totally unable to make a go of acting during her last available time to do so before the ravages of age take her face

nelson-haw-haw.wav

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Ironically, Derek is one of SC’s biggest content creators

Signal boosting is sort of his thing.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

scrubs season six posted:

One of my best buds from ~4th grade age (I used to play Rogue on his Tandy!) had a couple guinea pigs that were supposedly both male until they gave birth to 20 baby pigs. He told me his mother put an end to the "now we have 22 guinea pigs" conundrum with a hammer on their concrete porch.

I never sassed her again.

:smith:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

no_recall posted:

I sit beside marketing interns that browse forums and Twitter and Google during the work day to put out fires and keep the sheep calm.

They would absolutely flip the gently caress out and call a code red if that happened to the company search results :laffo:

Yeah, I know. It's amazing AF.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/oVL5IV1.gifv

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

That makes me unfathomably sad and I wished you hadn't shared it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Yea he said there was no way he can continue with star citizen if it was an end of year release.

Well here we are.

Lol, he has said he was done with SC how many times already? The blunt reality is that the guy is a bad streamer that has shackled himself to hat sinking (space)ship and cannot do anything else. When he tries to stream anything else his numbers drop to even less than the basically dozen that he usually has. Who in the right mind would watch a guy who is a) bad at video-games, b) unfunny/uncharismatic, c) bitchy (in a bad way), and d) WTFOsaurus

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7aqk5w/300_and_global_progress_watch_update_20171103/dpcimdq/

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
I watched that 42 minute video skipping through every 5 minutes or so... If they could actually make the game in that video it would be amazing. It looked really good.

I'm sad this game is bullshit, I really like the sci Fi ww2 Firefly Western vibe it's got and the cities and planets look really cool. Don't even make it an MMO just give me a good single player. I'd buy it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:allears:

Wait till they find out what's coming next. They're going to be stepping off the closest bridge.

Don't forget. We're absolute twats, so Star Citizen is good. :grin:

----------------

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Wait till they find out what's coming next. They're going to be stepping off the closest bridge.

Phase 19 of the ELE starts in two weeks.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Evocati 3.0. Landing sucesfl

----------------

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Some hot tips CIG might wanna jump into a time machine with:

30 Things I Hate About Your Game Pitch

#9 - You Never Mentioned Your Glaring Obvious Tech Risk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LTtr45y7P0&t=535s (8:55)
"A lot of times if you see a lot of pitches and if you've been working them on the publisher side a lot you kind of know what's feasible and what's not and you know what things are hard to do and what things are easy to do and if somebody comes in and says yeah we want to do a thousand person multiplayer game with real-time firefights then alarm bells go off and it's fine to do something that's really technologically ambitious it's fun to do something that's really dangerous and hard but if you say something like that that sounds dangerous and hard and then you don't explain how you're going to pull that off then that really makes people nervous."

#13 - You Polished Too Early https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LTtr45y7P0&t=740s (12:20)
"Part of the reason this image is in here this is from a game I worked on where we did like final art for all the ships before we had our combat modeled down and all the stuff got thrown out and so if a game is really really visually polished but the mechanics are still really broken in prototype that also is an alarm bell because it suggests that the team is not putting all the effort where where it should be and it also suggests that a lot of work is going to be redone. So again if you want to showcase what you're capable of in the art department that's great but make sure that it doesn't overshadow the fact that your your game in the prototype phase may still be really really incomplete. A few still images of show with your art team is capable of is much better than a prototype that is broken in a variety of ways but what that looks amazing because the person you pitching to knows that's all gonna have to be thrown out when the game actually gets nailed down so make sure that work in progress actually looks like work in progress."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I am legitimately amazed this piece of poo poo "game" is still limping along. Anything else would've been taken out back being the shed long ago.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

:3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Come on, buddy! You can do it! Make that connection!

Over 5 years in! No mmo in sight! The big proprietary conventions are now sales pitches for other companies to get in on the action!

It’s almost as if the promise of Star Citizen is too big, but nobody ever stopped selling new junk for it because the money keeps on flowing because of you and your buddies! But no matter how much you “donate” you never get more than some weird video or system you don’t want.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Looks like you crashed into Skyrim right there with that level of fidelity.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Mining is in!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SomethingJones posted:

There is a bog roll present in so many CIG staff photos that it's got to be some kind of in joke. What am I missing here?

There's one in that blue bucket. There was on on the meeting desk in a video I capped. I've seen others too.

There's one in the wankpod about half of the times you wake up in there, usually by the bathroom door.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Oh god that's my computer case. 👎

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/TfzfUaF.gifv

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

There's a real fascination there for showing pictures of people working through weekends or late into the night.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Dude, the Aegis Ostritch is flight ready?

*walleting intensifies*

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtfo says he wont show his face on stream again until 3.0.

i guess cuz hes been lookin super salty lately.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

There's a real fascination there for showing pictures of people working through weekends or late into the night.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_march_(project_management)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This game(?) is one big whole jabberwocky

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Good news everyone, CIG have just started advertising for a backend server MMO programmer to work on their exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen!
https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs/619-Gameplay-Engineer-Service-Backend

• Online game and/or MMO development experience, ideally including interfacing with backend server code.

• One or more shipped products, especially PC products.
• CryEngine/Lumberyard development experience.
• Space combat sim development experience. e - (they need someone who has done this before to do stuff that's never been done before)
• Passion for science fiction and space exploration

This exciting new role takes the number of published vacancies to 64, the highest it's been since March 2016.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Star Citizen: Jabberwocky Death March.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

they are very intentionally playing the guilt card with the parade of broken burnt out human husks in front of cameras. I guess they realized they can get away with it ever since they totally failed to deliver their squardon 42 vertical slice so instead guilt tripped their customers for expecting results.

It's a disgrace like every other aspect of this mess

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Solarin posted:

they are very intentionally playing the guilt card with the parade of broken burnt out human husks in front of cameras. I guess they realized they can get away with it ever since they totally failed to deliver their squardon 42 vertical slice so instead guilt tripped their customers for expecting results.

It's a disgrace like every other aspect of this mess

That's exactly what it is and that's exactly why they wheel out the devs for the weekly shitshows. I noticed they started doing this right after the refund stuff started to take off.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

I like how they can't be assed to give their devs offices, cubicles, half-cubes, or even just some loving sound deadening on the ceiling and/or walls
This workplace is basically a barn for humans

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SCtrumpHaters posted:

wtfo says he wont show his face on stream again until 3.0.

i guess cuz hes been lookin super salty lately.

So basically he's rewarding people? That's kind of weird.

SomethingJones posted:

Good news everyone, CIG have just started advertising for a backend server MMO programmer to work on their exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen!
https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs/619-Gameplay-Engineer-Service-Backend

• Online game and/or MMO development experience, ideally including interfacing with backend server code.

• One or more shipped products, especially PC products.
• CryEngine/Lumberyard development experience.
• Space combat sim development experience. e - (they need someone who has done this before to do stuff that's never been done before)
• Passion for science fiction and space exploration

This exciting new role takes the number of published vacancies to 64, the highest it's been since March 2016.

Haha, I'll send my resume just to see what I get back.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 5, 2017

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

New thread title

Star Citizen: Shillswitch Engage

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you Chris, it's not my fault you couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery even with an instruction manual and the head brewer holding your hand, so don't try and guilt trip me into feeling bad that your staff are working nights and weekends on a deathmarch to try and save what's turned into the biggest farce in gaming and also what little public image you have.

That's what I'd say if I'd ever put a single cent into Star Citizen, but I never have and since this dumpster fire is so entertaining, instead I'll say CIG keep doing what you're doing :munch:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
That pioneer looks an awful lot like a homeworld 2 ship. Great going, Shitizen Tane, you archered another IP and sold it for 20 times the price of the original fully functional game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Combat Theory posted:

New thread title

Star Citizen: Shillswitch Engage

I like the 60 year old man nicknames these dudes give any dissenters. Like "Sparky". Reminds me of an old drunk I arrested 5 years ago, the memory sticks with me because his insults were no longer valid in today's day and age. Stuff like "Gearbox", "Sparky", etc.

I have a feeling a lot of the backers are dudes who no longer are relevant in life.