Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Kit Walker posted:

But enough about your mother's love life

Turn on your monitor.

But enough about your love life

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Imagine if the ozone layer hole problem was discovered today. It would be decried as an Antifa conspiracy, MAGAs would modify their pickup exhausts to vent CFCs, and Trump would nuke the ozone layer

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Imagine if the ozone layer hole problem was discovered today. It would be decried as an Antifa conspiracy, MAGAs would modify their pickup exhausts to vent CFCs, and Trump would nuke the ozone layer

As if rednecks needed another reason to shoot at old refrigerators.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

WeAreTheRomans posted:

So basically Robocop?

side note the lack of CFCs sort of boned asthma medicines in the US since inhalers up until the phase-out were cheap as gently caress and used CFCs (in insanely miniscule amounts). Since they had to change the design/formula for them medical companies were given a new patent and whoops now inhalers cost an arm and a leg to make sure you keep a lung.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Party Plane Jones posted:

So basically Robocop?

side note the lack of CFCs sort of boned asthma medicines in the US since inhalers up until the phase-out were cheap as gently caress and used CFCs (in insanely miniscule amounts). Since they had to change the design/formula for them medical companies were given a new patent and whoops now inhalers cost an arm and a leg to make sure you keep a lung.

I have asthma, and in Europe my inhalers cost like 5 bucks. It's definitely not CFCs that are reponsible there

e:VvVVVV yeah I get what you're saying, but it's pharma lobbying/regulatory capture that caused this, CFCs were just a tool that was used to extract a corporate advantage at the expense of the patients. I don't think we're disagreeing really

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 5, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

WeAreTheRomans posted:

It's definitely not CFCs that are reponsible there

It's not, but it is. Removing CFCs allowed them to 'change the formulation' which made it a new product with new patent rights meaning generics and the like were barred. It's a captive market so they can charge whatever the hell they want.

Unless you hate breathing.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

JonathonSpectre posted:

New political animals should obviously be:

Republicans- The tick

A loathsome-as-gently caress bloodsucking parasite that vomits diseased blood back into its host body when jostled. Sometimes appears to be a powerful spider rather than scuttling vermin to the elderly and feebleminded.

Democrats- The leech

A loathsome-as-gently caress spineless bloodsucking worm. Mindlessly delights in crawling through swamp muck.

Which one do you want on your neck?

Good news, no matter who you picked, you get both!

I mean leeches have been used for medicinal purposes so

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Quorum posted:

Tell me more about how you get your politics from South Park, friend. :allears:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Inspector Hound posted:

He got pearl harbour day wrong lmao

This really is what happened, isn't it? Donny's bad brain saw it was November 4th and he was in Hawaii and just skipped ahead to Pearl Harbor day.

Fangz posted:

The democrats weren't the left back then.

I believe the Republican-Democrats which Jackson lead to become the Democrats were the more left party at the time. Then when Nast gave the Republicans the Elephant they were the more left party.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dejawesp posted:

There are about 3 million wild donkeys living in the US. I'm not even going to look up how many wild elephants there are but I'm going to assume a lot less than that.

The point there is that donkeys are not native to America. The ancesteral stock comes from Africa just like elephants, with donkeys later being brought to the new world.

WorldsStongestNerd fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 5, 2017

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

The point there is that donkeys are not native to America. The ancesteral stock comes from Africa just like elephants.

Many things are not native to North America. That's a pretty mundane point you're making

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Many things are not native to North America. That's a pretty mundane point you're making

The poster that I was responding to was discussing the difference between elephants and donkeys in regard to the poiitical parties, and how donkeys were at least native to america. Please try to follow the conversation if you are going to post or comment. This isn't gbs.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Elephants are native to north america

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomphothere

("elephants" at least)

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's not, but it is. Removing CFCs allowed them to 'change the formulation' which made it a new product with new patent rights meaning generics and the like were barred. It's a captive market so they can charge whatever the hell they want.

Unless you hate breathing.

Oh, you have no idea how much I hate breathing.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Elephants are native to north america

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomphothere

("elephants" at least)

Man I wish America still had megafauna. Some of these species were so dang cool.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/926474090285817856

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

The point there is that donkeys are not native to America. The ancesteral stock comes from Africa just like elephants, with donkeys later being brought to the new world.

But donkeys are easily American now just as then while the elephant was and still is exotic.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009
The best thing about elephants is that they have big ol' tiddies.

http://www.nathanmyhrvold.com/index.php/travel/essay/elephants-have-fabulous-tits

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

https://twitter.com/mmcintire/status/927002428708458496

Something interesting may be coming today...

bij
Feb 24, 2007

It isn't as cheap as Tecate but it actually tastes like something and that something is good!

Even though it is dark it isn't particularly heavy and it compliments Mexican food well!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

If it’s not the piss tape or a circle jerk of Trump, Sessions, Putin, and Pence I fail to see how it will be interesting :colbert:

dear lord don’t hype it up if it’s not going to be a good one

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Every time someone tweets "BIG ONE COMING!!!" it's totally nothing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Potential BFF posted:

It isn't as cheap as Tecate but it actually tastes like something and that something is good!

Even though it is dark it isn't particularly heavy and it compliments Mexican food well!

I find little pyramids of empty Modelo cans all over my neighborhood. We're about 50% Mexican immigrants. Now and then I'll find one made of Pacifico, rarely Dos Equis, and never Tecate or Corona.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Spiffster posted:

If it’s not the piss tape or a circle jerk of Trump, Sessions, Putin, and Pence I fail to see how it will be interesting :colbert:

dear lord don’t hype it up if it’s not going to be a good one

Is he talking about the Saudi stuff that's already on the front page of everywhere?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Radish posted:

It is occasionally Something.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Radish posted:

This is probably a big story just probably not a big story about Trump. OCCRP does very good work and I doubt they'd hype up nothing.

edit: I am audibly saying "oh no"

https://twitter.com/HirokoTabuchi/status/927188158965538817

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

quote:

Turn on your monitor.

I think this is the dumbest insult yet of the internet age.

Gyges posted:

This really is what happened, isn't it? Donny's bad brain saw it was November 4th and he was in Hawaii and just skipped ahead to Pearl Harbor day.

With this and the 'Samurai Warriors' tweet previously I'm pretty sure he's an amalgamation of the worst parts of Nixon and Reagan.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

JonathonSpectre posted:

New political animals should obviously be:

Republicans- The tick

A loathsome-as-gently caress bloodsucking parasite that vomits diseased blood back into its host body when jostled. Sometimes appears to be a powerful spider rather than scuttling vermin to the elderly and feebleminded.

Democrats- The leech

A loathsome-as-gently caress spineless bloodsucking worm. Mindlessly delights in crawling through swamp muck.

Which one do you want on your neck?

Good news, no matter who you picked, you get both!

Though democrats and republicans might both be blood-hungry, democrats enrich lives while republicans ruin them.

A Good Cartoon.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Phoix posted:

This is probably a big story just probably not a big story about Trump. OCCRP does very good work and I doubt they'd hype up nothing.

good morning, america

i'm going back to bed

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/Tormny_Pickeals/status/926884372841750528

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

good morning, america

i'm going back to bed

I found the original quote in the speech and while it's out of context it's still a thing you should probably not say in Japan.

also,

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/927193552752439298

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Phoix posted:

oh my god

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I knew he hated the Japanese, but Trump really hates the Japanese.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Phoix posted:

I found the original quote in the speech and while it's out of context it's still a thing you should probably not say in Japan.

also,

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/927193552752439298

He probably shouldn't have said he'd be in jail if he did a tenth of what Hillary has done.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
A thought because I want to see Palin flip on the idea.

Obama eating/trying dog meat in aisa = He's a bad n-word(neoliberal).

Donnine doing the same thing. = I love big strong daddy.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Phoix posted:

Imagine the instantaneous sweat on the translator’s face. Did Trump just say what I think he said? If I screw this up, I could accidentally cause an international incident.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Potential BFF posted:

I'm not a beer drinker but I keep some of this on hand for when I want to make drunken beans.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phoix posted:

Lmao I knew it, he can't resist bragging about when the us nuked Japan as if he did it and it was impressive and he's a powerful big boy.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

What % of the replies to Trump's tweets that are generically praising him are bots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

actionjackson posted:

What % of the replies to Trump's tweets that are generically praising him are bots?

I'd say at least half.

• Locked thread